ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

Well the Baylor game is here and could be big for seeding at the end if they finish as a top 5 team. Unlike Auburn they seem to be a legit top 5 team at this point and play pretty good defense. Not a real dominating team but there really aren't hardly any this season. Top 5 teams have been regularly losing to unranked teams on the road this season.

My guess is Vegas will open this game about even money since we have the better talent probably and are at home. We are 0-13 in regular season games against the #1 team but the last time Baylor was #1 they lost their next road game by 21 points so something has to give there. :D

Well the Baylor game is here and could be big for seeding at the end if they finish as a top 5 team. Unlike Auburn they seem to be a legit top 5 team at this point and play pretty good defense. Not a real dominating team but there really aren't hardly any this season. Top 5 teams have been regularly losing to unranked teams on the road this season.

My guess is Vegas will open this game about even money since we have the better talent probably and are at home. We are 0-13 in regular season games against the #1 team but the last time Baylor was #1 they lost their next road game by 21 points so something has to give there. :D

NOBODY can ever replace the Great Billy-D at UF.... o_O
And oh BTW, nobody can ever replace SOS either.... o_O

Florida is 4-2 in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, including 3-1 under Coach Mike White, so BillyD was only 1-1 in the Big-12 Challenge.... :oops:

But Mike White hasn't won a championship, so let's fire his azz... :cool:
Oh BTW, neither has Dan Mullen, so let's fire both their azzes... :cool:
And neither one of those loser chumps can recruit a lick either.... :rolleyes:

NOBODY can ever replace the Great Billy-D at UF.... o_O
And oh BTW, nobody can ever replace SOS either.... o_O

Florida is 4-2 in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, including 3-1 under Coach Mike White, so BillyD was only 1-1 in the Big-12 Challenge.... :oops:

But Mike White hasn't won a championship, so let's fire his azz... :cool:
Oh BTW, neither has Dan Mullen, so let's fire both their azzes... :cool:
And neither one of those loser chumps can recruit a lick either.... :rolleyes:

White can still have a good season as he definitely has top talent on this team.

White can still have a good season as he definitely has top talent on this team.

Keeping in mind that the Top Talent is also the #14 youngest team out of 353 D1 teams.
The Playing Rotation:
1 Grad-Sr
1 rsJr
-----
3 Soph
5 Fr

Plus 2 2019-20 ineligible xfers (2 Jr's) and 2 W-O's (G-Sr & Fr)

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
UF is favored by 1. We have played the 6th toughest non-conference schedule among the Power 6 conferences, 1st in the SEC. And that's not counting today's game vs. #1 Baylor. Florida is 2-16 all time against #1 teams, both wins coming in the NCAA tournament - one in 2000, the other in 2007. We're 0-4 vs. #1 under Coach White. We are a bigger team, as Baylor goes with 4 guards and a power forward. Their starters are 6'9", 6'5", 6'3", 6'3" and 6'2". They start a senior, 2 juniors and 2 sophomores. Their top 4 guys off the bench are a senior, a junior and 2 sophomores. They're not as deep as Florida, with 2 starters averaging over 30 mpg, the other 3 over 25 mpg. Their 6th man is another guard, DeVonte Bandoo, playing 24 mpg. Their other bench guys average 14 mpg, 11 mpg and 9 mpg. They have a good assist to turnover ratio and even undersized outrebound their opponents 42/37 per game. They shoot 34.6% from beyond the arc and 42.8% overall, 70% from the free throw line. Would love to see the Gators play well enough to win, but this will be a tough challenge.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Those guards are good and can beat you off the dribble. My concern is dribble drive and kick for open 3 as they catch us in switches. Hopefully the O'dome is packed tonight for the #1 team.

Crap - started out alright but now we are letting a bunch of guards dictate things. Need to clamp down on defense in the 2nd half.

We are getting blown out because we aren’t playing any defense and as usual our offense is very predictable, boring and vanilla.

The only chance this team has to beat a good team is we have to play good defense otherwise forget it with the way we play offense.

They are strong, quick and are constantly moving on offense. All their guys can shoot and they are whipping us on the boards. Their defense got tighter and tighter as the game has gone on and the last 5-6 minutes of the half they dominated us. Still a chance.

They are strong, quick and are constantly moving on offense. All their guys can shoot and they are whipping us on the boards. Their defense got tighter and tighter as the game has gone on and the last 5-6 minutes of the half they dominated us. Still a chance.

Still no excuse letting a team that size beat up on you like that. We need to turn this around fast.

Baylor does not have a single NBA prospect on the team I believe, yet they are absolutely well coached. We tried to run the same offensive set 3 times in a row and turned it over all 3 times. So frustrating.

Baylor does not have a single NBA prospect on the team I believe, yet they are absolutely well coached. We tried to run the same offensive set 3 times in a row and turned it over all 3 times. So frustrating.
We have 4* & 5* players all over the team along with supposedly the best transfer player in the market in Blackshear and quite frankly we aren’t any good. Whose fault is that?

We have 4* & 5* players all over the team along with supposedly the best transfer player in the market in Blackshear and quite frankly we aren’t any good. Whose fault is that?
I just saw the stat that in the previous 97 seasons of Baylor basketball before he arrived only twice was Baylor ranked. Amazing.

If you are ok with just being average and inconsistent than Mike White is your man. Here we are in year 5 and he’s had maybe 1 good team in 5 years. He’s just not that good of a coach. I don’t know how people still don’t see that???

There is plenty of highly recruited talent on this team and here we sit at 12-7 scratching and clawing just to make the tourney. Mike White isn’t going to get a much more talented than this.

I would be happy if he would just scrap the 1-3-1 zone. It's only worked like one time in a game, and every game we use it and give up an open 3 out of it. Why on gods green earth do we still use it?

Time to focus on Mississippi State. We can't let Baylor beat us twice and Miss. St. is pretty good. Gators have a chance to go on a roll the next several games. Miss. State at home, at Vandy, Georgia at home, at Ole Miss & Texas A&M, Vandy at home. There is no reason why this team full of talent can't sweep those games.

Time to focus on Mississippi State. We can't let Baylor beat us twice and Miss. St. is pretty good. Gators have a chance to go on a roll the next several games. Miss. State at home, at Vandy, Georgia at home, at Ole Miss & Texas A&M, Vandy at home. There is no reason why this team full of talent can't sweep those games.
LOL. When has any Mike White team just swept through a bunch of games? Look it’s year 5 with him. There is a trend that is very obvious by now.

Well to be candid we are now fighting for our tournament lives. We can't afford any slip ups, especially against the teams you mentioned above. Need to win those.

Reactions: PacoGator19
LOL. When has any Mike White team just swept through a bunch of games? Look it’s year 5 with him. There is a trend that is very obvious by now.
As coach of the Gators he has one 7 game winning streak, then he has no other winning streak more than 3 games. That is insane considering we are in year 5.

As coach of the Gators he has one 7 game winning streak, then he has no other winning streak more than 3 games. That is insane considering we are in year 5.
Yes it isn’t that good to be honest. I will be shocked if we go on some kind of long winning streak. The trend has been set. It isn’t going to happen under White. We will be consistently inconsistent under his watch.

NIT this year....
how will that play in the off-season?

Is simply making the tournament and winning a round good enough at UF these days ?

First time this season I've watched any basketball. This was hard to watch.........a solid 30 minute stretch of no defense playing, brick laying BS. lol..............sad...........sad.... sad suckage.:oops:

In many ways this game is more embarrassing than the Mizzou game. We had a chance to shine in prime time on national tv. Missed opportunity.

Yes. It is for most teams.

And we will make the tournament..:by the way...
I have to hand it to you. Your expectations are certainly pretty low & mediocre. That’s one way to keep from being disappointed when you’ve only really had 1 good season out of 5. Mike White probably wishes you were the UF AD.

If you are ok with just being average and inconsistent than Mike White is your man. Here we are in year 5 and he’s had maybe 1 good team in 5 years. He’s just not that good of a coach. I don’t know how people still don’t see that???

There is plenty of highly recruited talent on this team and here we sit at 12-7 scratching and clawing just to make the tourney. Mike White isn’t going to get a much more talented than this.
Just more of the same to me...good one night and bad the next. We were never in this game and were down 10-20 all night. I think Mike White is a good coach but will never win anything big...we're not even in the discussion. Haven't been either.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Yes. It is for most teams.

And we will make the tournament..:by the way...
Whoopty doo. We were pre-season top 10 to now just scratching and clawing to just make the tournament. So far the team has underachieved big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT