ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

But you’re a very small portion of your fan base here. A majority of you can have adult conversations but the perception from the outside is that your fans like your coach. I don’t hear anywhere near the noise from Gator friends about White like I did Muschamp or McElwain. Maybe that’s because it’s basketball.

CMW took over a loser BillyD final team and went to the Quarter Finals of the NIT with a 20 win season. He did that without the home games that he was entitled to due to the O'Done's renovations.

Then he followed that up with a 2nd season 27 win Elite-8 and SEC CoY.

Then in years 3 & 4, without a center (injured out), he's still had 20+ win seasons and went back to the NCAA, making the Rnd of 32.

The Mus-Chump and the Mc-Lame both had 4 win, loser seasons, so it's not B-Ball vs Football, it's quality coaching vs Bowl-less loser Lame Chumps.... o_O

The noisy few on this board never represent the Gator Nation's opinion, only our 'very limited' own opinions. :cool:

Reactions: fsumc
CMW took over a loser BillyD final team and went to the Quarter Finals of the NIT with a 20 win season. He did that without the home games that he was entitled to due to the O'Done's renovations.

Then in years 3 & 4, without a center (injured out), he's still had 20+ win seasons and went back to the NCAA, making the Rnd of 32.

The Mus-Chump and the Mc-Lame both had 4 win, loser seasons, so it's not B-Ball vs Football, it's quality coaching vs Bowl-less loser Lame Chumps.... o_O

The noisy few on this board never represent the Gator Nation's opinion, only our 'very limited' own opinions. :cool:

You can't just compare with what was going on with a few years of the prior coach. If that was the case then Miss State never fires their coach who basically had the same record his first 2 years that Mullen had his last 2 years there as the head coach.

Reactions: gatordad3

You’re right. Mike White should stay forever. I’m definitely on your side.

Ignorant / biased Gator fans posting here are of no 'real' concern to me.

FSUcks criminole trolls never have, and never will, be much of anything in my book.
Trolls on their very best days imo....

However, the UF Academic Admin, the UAA, and the AD all agree with me, so that's good enough for now.... :p:p:p

Last edited:
Reactions: fsumc
Ignorant / biased Gator fans posting here are of no 'real' concern to me.

FSUcks criminole trolls never have, and never will, but much of anything in my book.
Trolls on their very best days imo....

However, the UF Academic Admin, the UAA, and the AD all agree with me, so that's good enough for now.... :p:p:p
Mike White without question is a class act and runs a clean program. I sincerely hope he can bring the program back to championship level.

Mike White is a great guy, just not the coach at the level THE University of Florida needs to win championships. We win titles, not a bunch of games. Class acts + titles is what UF is about. He's just not the guy, IMO and 5 years of mediocrity proves that fact. In any other Gator program, if after 5 years you haven;t won a championship, you are replaced. Why should basketball be any different?

Mike White is a great guy, just not the coach at the level THE University of Florida needs to win championships. We win titles, not a bunch of games. Class acts + titles is what UF is about. He's just not the guy, IMO and 5 years of mediocrity proves that fact. In any other Gator program, if after 5 years you haven;t won a championship, you are replaced. Why should basketball be any different?
Agreed. He's a total class act. But he won't win titles here. Heck, even Kirby has a SEC title.

Truth

So I guess we are most likely locked into an 8 or 9 seed if they allow the tournament to be played.

Whoever wrote this sure as hell read this and several Gator message boards.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...latest-cautionary-tale-replacing-legend-2020/

Note - "the sport’s best 2-year stretch in the 21st century." (2005-2006)
That's 2, out of a 19 year run as the head coach, with zero NC's in his last 8 years.
Even BillyD couldn't live up to that, and so he moved on, after a losing season.

2014-15 BillyD's last season finished 16-17....
----------
2015-16 - 20 wins, NIT Quarter Finals with 0 games at the being renovated O'Dome.
2016-17 - 27 wins, Elight-8, SEC CoY
2017-18 - 20+ wins, Rnd of 32 (without center Egbunu, Gak at less than 100%)
2018-19 - 20+ wins, Rnd of 32 (without C Gak, PF Johnson, PF Stone)
2019-20 - Going to 5th consecutive Post-Season Tourney, 4th NCAA Big Dance.
(with the youngest team in the SEC, Top 10 youngest of 353 in the Nation)

Years left on Mike White's current extended contract:
2020-21
2021-22
2022-23
2023-24
2024-25

Gator fans aren’t simply going to be impressed by 20-win seasons,
which White is 1 win from notching for the 5th time in as many seasons at Florida. If he does that, he’ll be the 2nd Florida coach to ever accomplish that feat. Donovan, of course, was the first. However, Donovan’s 5 consecutive seasons of 20-plus wins didn’t start until his 3rd year at UF.
>>> While Mike White will be the ONLY one to win 20+ every year in his 1st 5 years.
(I'm betting on the TEAM beating UGly for the 3rd time this season.)

Note for those that don't seem to realize it.
BillyD is a HoF coach, often a once in a lifetime occurrence for any school. o_O
Florida is NOT a B-Ball Blueblood school. :oops:

In the instaGATOR's opinion, Mike White is a way better person/coach, than UF had any right expecting, to follow up on the BillyD legacy. :cool:
He's had a great beginning imoho (5 consecutive 20+ win seasons), and given the time and support, he has a good chance to be the perfect follow-up to a BillyD.

That's if the shortsighted, arrogant, egotistical whiners don't FIU... :rolleyes:

That's 2, out of a 19 year run as the head coach, with zero NC's in his last 8 years.
Even BillyD couldn't live up to that, and so he moved on, after a losing season.

----------
2015-16 - 20 wins, NIT Quarter Finals with 0 games at the being renovated O'Dome.

2020-21
2021-22
2022-23
2023-24
2024-25

which White is 1 win from notching for the 5th time in as many seasons at Florida. If he does that, he’ll be the 2nd Florida coach to ever accomplish that feat. Donovan, of course, was the first. However, Donovan’s 5 consecutive seasons of 20-plus wins didn’t start until his 3rd year at UF.
>>> While Mike White will be the ONLY one to win 20+ every year in his 1st 5 years.

BillyD is a HoF coach, often a once in a lifetime occurrence for any school. o_O

In the instaGATOR's opinion, Mike White is a way better person/coach, than UF had any right expecting, to follow up on the BillyD legacy. :cool:
He's had a great beginning imoho (5 consecutive 20+ win seasons), and given the time and support, he has a good chance to be the perfect follow-up to a BillyD.

That's if the shortsighted, arrogant, egotistical whiners don't FIU... :rolleyes:
White took over a program with a track record of success. He didn't have to sell that to recruits. Billy did not. As with the georgia fans, show us the hardware.

Reactions: gatordad3
White took over a program with a track record of success (that ended in a losing season). He didn't have to sell that to recruits. Billy did not. As with the georgia fans, show us the hardware.

Who was the last MickyD AA recruit in the UF program before CMW arrived?
Who took a 2 star PG and made him LaTech's all time career Ast leader, (700+)?
Who coached UF's all time PG career assist leader, (500+)
How has PG Nemphard done in the Assist category so far?

And IF hardware in B-Ball is your only issue in the 'Gator Standard,' then maybe you should just switch to being a kensucky fan.... :cool:

----------

2020-21
2021-22
2022-23
2023-24
2024-25

Always pointing to the 2014-2015 season just to call Billy Donovan a garbage coach. Classic. It was always reported that the NBA intrigued him and he finally took an offer to coach Westbrook and Durant. Donovan said it himself if he wasn't offered the OKC job, he would have returned to Florida. Thanks Scotty Brooks:rolleyes:
His last season Billy D suffered the loss of one of the greatest UF hoops class in Gator hoops history in Scotty W, Patric Young, Will Yeguette, and Casey Prather.

I guess we can thank Jeremy Fooooolley for hiring Mike White the same way he hired Ron Zook, Will Musdump and Butters McElwain.

Always pointing to the 2014-2015 season just to call Billy Donovan a garbage coach. Classic. It was always reported that the NBA intrigued him and he finally took an offer to coach Westbrook and Durant. Donovan said it himself if he wasn't offered the OKC job, he would have returned to Florida. Thanks Scotty Brooks:rolleyes:
His last season Billy D suffered the loss of one of the greatest UF hoops class in Gator hoops history in Scotty W, Patric Young, Will Yeguette, and Casey Prather.

I guess we can thank Jeremy Fooooolley for hiring Mike White the same way he hired Ron Zook, Will Musdump and Butters McElwain.

That's a straight up lie, from a classic whiner.
I've always called BillyD a HoF coach, nothing less.

And you want 'Classic' then what does HoF BillyD say about CMW's ability?
(crickets -- or are you going to call BillyD a nice guy liar?) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's a straight up lie, from a classic whiner.
I've always called BillyD a HoF coach, nothing less.

And you want 'Classic' then what does HoF BillyD say about CMW's ability?
(crickets) :rolleyes:
You really believe someone of Billy Donovan's stature is gonna let out his true feelings about Mike White the same way us Gator fans do? Just like Nick Saban trying to tell us that Butters McElwain was a great hire for UF. Weren't you a Butters McElwain lover as well?

So, you are calling HoF BillyD a liar. Thought you would, it's your 'Classic' style... :cool:

All UF Sports are now cancelled, so that ends CMW's 20 wins season string,
Happy now? :rolleyes:

BTW...
Spring football practice will continue, but no public attendance is allowed.
Dan's speaking tour is also cancelled.

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...d-sec-championship-competition-suspended.aspx
It's called Coach Speak. Of course, no coach will pubicly criticize another coach, but we all, except for you, knows we need a change in the hoops program.
You also defended Butters McElwain the same way, right?

It's called Coach Speak. Of course, no coach will pubicly criticize another coach, but we all, except for you, knows we need a change in the hoops program.
You also defended Butters McElwain the same way, right?

What's funny to me is that you claim to be able to know the minds and speak for BillyD, me, and everyone else that doesn't agree with the few whiners posting here.... :rolleyes:

I think you meant to say except for me, most other Gator fans in the Millions strong Gator Nation, along with the Academic Admin, the UAA, and the current AD that gave him a raise and an extension to keep anyone else from hiring him away... :p

Last edited:
What's funny to me is that you claim to be able to know the minds and speak for BillyD, me, and everyone else that doesn't agree with the few whiners posting here.... :rolleyes:

I think you meant to say except for me, most other Gator fans in the Millions strong Gator Nation, along with the Academic Admin, the UAA, and the current AD that gave him a raise and an extension to keep anyone else from hiring him away... :p
Yep! You defend(The only Mike White lover on this board) Mike White the same way you defended Butters McElwain. Did you defend Will MusDump the same way? Both garbage hires as football coaches.
Sorry to break it to you, but Mike White is as good as gone from UF whether it's next season(most definitely) or after this season(hopefully).

Insta is not the only Mike White supporter on this Board...sadgator actually really likes him too...

Unfortunately, with the cancellation of the season, sadgator will never get the pleasure of seeing Paco eat some serious crow given the Conference tournament championship and Elite 8 run we were just about to go on....
Calling your shot, I like it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT