ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15

2022 Receptions:: Looking up the 'catch to targets' would give you more info...

15 - Henderson

7 - Pearsall - (17 Yds/Rec)

- Shorter

6 - TE Zipperer
-----
1 - Whittemore - (33 Yds) because he has been put on 2nd team behind Ricky

1 - Reynolds

1 - TE Zanders
----
2 - RB Johnson

2 - RB Etienne

Lol You must not be looking at any film afterwards. Pearsall is easily the best WR.

AR played great, offense look good. Defense is nowhere to be found. I mean we got guys running wide open all over the damn place. People out of position. If we could have done something bad on defense you just name it. I'm sure it happened lol. Second and third level needs a lot of help. Even having lost to those hill jacks it was a good showing by the Gators. We played tough and to the end.

Reactions: gatordad3
AR played awesome today...hopefully he will use this as a launching point. Outside of Georgia we are through the toughest part of our schedule...

AR played awesome today...hopefully he will use this as a launching point. Outside of Georgia we are through the toughest part of our schedule...

I wonder about that. With Georgia what they are and A&M and LSU just needing to find a little offense that 3 game stretch could be pretty tough. A home LSU loss would really make things shaky for us going forward.

AR played his A$$ off vs Tennessee and the defense let him down. This game is NO way on AR and he should be proud of his performance at Neyland.

You win as a TEAM, and you lose as a team...

The Gators lost by 5 Pts, 33-38.
The HBC going for it and failing on a 4th down, instead of kicking a short FG.
Then a missed long FG, which amounted to a combined 6 Pts.

The D had a couple of costly breakdowns, but least youse-guys forget, AR had another critical turn-over fumble....

You win as a team, and you lose as a TEAM...

Reactions: Jeff from Jax

The Gators lost by 5 Pts, 33-38.
The HBC going for it and failing on a 4th down, instead of kicking a short FG.
Then a missed long FG, which amounted to a combined 6 Pts.

The D had a couple of costly breakdowns, but least youse-guys forget, AR had another critical turn-over fumble....

You win as a team, and you lose as a TEAM...
We have to look at it another way as well. If we score the FG an XP’s I don’t think UT is just sitting on the ball at the end. Just my humble opinion.

We have to look at it another way as well. If we score the FG an XP’s I don’t think UT is just sitting on the ball at the end. Just my humble opinion.

"AR played his A$$ off vs Tennessee and the defense let him down."

What would-da, could-da, might-of is the whole point I was making Nick....
The D didn't let AR down,,, anymore than AR's fumble let the D down....

-----
You win as a team, and you lose as a TEAM... (coaches & players)

Reactions: Nicktheslick
WR Pearsall said he started a group chat that included himself, the rest of the team’s wideouts and Richardson in order to help facilitate group film-study sessions that aim to get the Gators’ pass-catchers and quarterback on the same page well in advance of Saturdays.

That group should have included the rest of the QB's (or at least Kitna and Brown) imo. They didn't have to take an active roll, but they should have at least been in the room listening and watching.

I just want to see if AR struggles against an SEC defense will Jalen get a shot. Yes I know they played EWU this past weekend which is a cupcake that got $750,00 to get thumped. But Jalen made some dime throws that were on the money.

I just want to see if AR struggles against an SEC defense will Jalen get a shot. Yes I know they played EWU this past weekend which is a cupcake that got $750,00 to get thumped. But Jalen made some dime throws that were on the money.

It would have to be KY/S FL bad for him to be taken out for a while imo. Hopefully we don't see that again this season.

Ah yes, the backup QB is always the fan favorite.

In the SEC, only a fool doesn't have a solid and ready to play backup QB in the wings.

And only an idiot doesn't get that backup some playing time when/if it becomes available...

Hoping the second half of the season brings growth as a player, and the NIL is enough money to keep him around for a big time final season.

An NFL team would be crazy to take him high at this point until he gets his passing down more but we know they do a lot of stupid mess just based on physical traits sometimes. Hopefully he develops more and is here next season.

Lol You must not be looking at any film afterwards. Pearsall is easily the best WR.
For those that continue to claim that Pearsall is the Gator's best WR....

WR Justin Shorter ranks
3rd in all of FBS with 22.3 yards per catch.
While his 334 yards receiving leads the Gators.

Pearsall is certainly a good WR, but leaving a rock solid possession receiver like Whittemore out of a game is poor coaching imo.

Trent's usage in 2022 so far:
REC - Yds - TD

UU - 0 - 0 - 0
UK - 0 - 0 - 0
USF - 1 - 33 - 0
UT - 2 - 31 - 0
EWa - 1 - 23 - 0
Miz - 0 - 0 - 0

>>> Average Yds/Rec = 84/4 = 21.0

For those that continue to claim that Pearsall is the Gator's best WR....

WR Justin Shorter ranks
3rd in all of FBS with 22.3 yards per catch.
While his 334 yards receiving leads the Gators.

Pearsall is certainly a good WR, but leaving a rock solid possession receiver like Whittemore out of a game is poor coaching imo.

Trent's usage in 2022 so far:
REC - Yds - TD

UU - 0 - 0 - 0
UK - 0 - 0 - 0
USF - 1 - 33 - 0
UT - 2 - 31 - 0
EWa - 1 - 23 - 0
Miz - 0 - 0 - 0

>>> Average Yds/Rec = 84/4 = 21.0
I like Whittemore too, but I still think Pearsall is our best WR. I believe our opponents do as well because he seems to get double-teamed a lot. That should leave other guys one on one, yet they all struggle to get open, IMO. Pearsall is, also, an excellent blocker who has been key in some of our biggest runs. Shorter is our most experienced WR and has made some big plays, but Xzavier Henderson leads the team in catches with 23, but only 9.13 yards per catch; Shorter has 15, Pearsall 14 at 18+ ypc and Zipperer 12 at 14 ypc. Whittemore is tied for 5th with Dante Zanders and Montrell Johnson with 4 catches each, so a big drop off from the Top 4. We only have 89 completed passes in 6 games, just under 15 per game, so it's not like we're throwing it around a lot.

I agree with you, however, that I would like to see Whittemore get thrown to more often. I don't know the number of plays each receiver has been in on and whether it's a matter of him not being on the field enough, him not getting open, or the QB just throwing to other guys. Maybe he's missed some blocking assignments.

I do think Napier, unlike Mullen, is making adjustments to his rotations as the season has progressed. This is proven by Wright now getting fewer reps at RB, Johnson & Etienne getting more. Actual carries are pretty even right now, but Wright has been on the field less the last couple of games. Wright has been our least effective runner with 44 carries for 184 yards. Johnson has 46 carries for 378 yards (2nd in the SEC in yards per carry, 1st in big run rate, 1st in explosive play %), Etienne 45 carries for 311 yards and Richardson with 47 carries for 307 yards. Napier's also made some adjustments to starters on the D-line based on performance. So he does seem willing to bench guys and elevate guys after evaluating game film.

We're now 4th in FBS in fewest penalty yards per game at 33.2, 1/3 of last year's penalty yardage. That proves that the discipline he came in preaching is actually working in some areas. So for now I'm trusting in the coaches and not yet ready to criticize.

Last edited:
I do think Napier, unlike Mullen, is making adjustments to his rotations as the season has progressed. This is proven by Wright now getting fewer reps at RB, Johnson & Etienne getting more. Actual carries are pretty even right now, but Wright has been on the field less the last couple of games. Wright has been our least effective runner with 44 carries for 184 yards. Johnson has 46 carries for 378 yards (2nd in the SEC in yards per carry, 1st in big run rate, 1st in explosive play %), Etienne 45 carries for 311 yards and Richardson with 47 carries for 307 yards. Napier's also made some adjustments to starters on the D-line based on performance. So he does seem willing to bench guys and elevate guys after evaluating game film.

See #1

I like Whittemore too, but I still think Pearsall is our best WR. I believe our opponents do as well because he seems to get double-teamed a lot. That should leave other guys one on one, yet they all struggle to get open, IMO. Pearsall is, also, an excellent blocker who has been key in some of our biggest runs. Shorter is our most experienced WR and has made some big plays, but Xzavier Henderson leads the team in catches with 23, but only 9.13 yards per catch; Shorter has 15, Pearsall 14 at 18+ ypc and Zipperer 12 at 14 ypc. Whittemore is tied for 5th with Dante Zanders and Montrell Johnson with 4 catches each, so a big drop off from the Top 4. We only have 89 completed passes in 6 games, just under 15 per game, so it's not like we're throwing it around a lot.

I agree with you, however, that I would like to see Whittemore get thrown to more often. I don't know the number of plays each receiver has been in on and whether it's a matter of him not being on the field enough, him not getting open, or the QB just throwing to other guys. Maybe he's missed some blocking assignments.

We're now 4th in FBS in fewest penalty yards per game at 33.2, 1/3 of last year's penalty yardage. That proves that the discipline he came in preaching is actually working in some areas. So for now I'm trusting in the coaches and not yet ready to criticize.

We all have our own opinions, to which we are all entitled.
Arguing with each other over what we see is a non-profit exercise most times.
We will just have to disagree on what we are seeing
(or guessing) about them, which is fine.

Whittemore is a way better blocker than Pearsall is.
IMO, Trent actually blocks, while Ricky just tries to get in the way of the defenders.
In a recent game, Pearsall's wimpy block attempt down the right side allowed a tackle that might have gone for a TD with a good block. The one he was attempting to block was in on the TKL.

WR Justin Shorter 6-4 223 ranks 3rd in all of FBS with 22.3 yards per catch.
WR Trent Whittemore 6-3 206 ranks 2nd on the team with a 21.0 YPC....
(with his few chances, Trent has made some Highlight Reel catches on what were poor throws)

Coaching play calls, and who the #1, #2, and #3 options are on a given play, greatly affects the WR's stats. Just like the QB's choices and passing proficiency can do the same.

JMOHO, but both Miller and Pearsall have been pushed and pumped over guys already on the roster. And while Pearsall is a better WR than Miller is a QB, pushing out guys that chose to be Gators, and have remained loyal through the turmoil, deserve a little better treatment than the johnny come lately's, not the other way around... SMH

I'd really hate to see the Whittemore brothers (or others) decide that they needed to go some where else in order to play equity football....

"While Wright is Florida’s 3rd-best pure runner, a Florida staffer told me that Wright continues to play frequently because he is Florida’s “most complete back, in terms of blocking, running, and receiving.” (plus he's a 4.0 person/student/teammate - iG)

"Florida has targeted Wright just once in the pass game since that play. Considering Wright led all SEC running backs with 33 receptions over the past 2 seasons, that’s a mistake — and one Florida should remedy soon."

The same can be said for the TE's, and also for Trent, (see below).
2021 - 11 Gms - 19 for 210 yds, 11.1 YPR, L-45
2022 - 6 Gms -- 4 for 84 yds, 21.0 YPR, L-33
Oh BTW - TW Passing - 3 of 4, 75% ,for 41 yds and 2 TD's

Every fan is free to make their own eyeball evaluations and form their own opinions on every aspect of any Team. That's what being a fan is imo....
😉

Last edited:
An NFL team would be crazy to take him high at this point until he gets his passing down more but we know they do a lot of stupid mess just based on physical traits sometimes. Hopefully he develops more and is here next season.
I would hate for him to go because he thinks he is a first rounder, then drop like a stone in the draft. I mean, if he is really a first rounder, then it's smart to go rather than risk injury. But if he wasn't taken in the first, I could see him falling far, like the 4th or 5th, because teams draft franchise QB's at the top of the draft, but QB's with questions go in the lower rounds. If AR thinks he's in the first group but teams see him in the second group, it could be ugly.

I would hate for him to go because he thinks he is a first rounder, then drop like a stone in the draft. I mean, if he is really a first rounder, then it's smart to go rather than risk injury. But if he wasn't taken in the first, I could see him falling far, like the 4th or 5th, because teams draft franchise QB's at the top of the draft, but QB's with questions go in the lower rounds. If AR thinks he's in the first group but teams see him in the second group, it could be ugly.
Not sure how crazy it will be this year with that. Levis is talked about as a possible very top QB in the draft and the guy constantly takes sacks when he could have gotten rid of the ball and throws quite a few picks when they are in the red zone about to score.

Not sure what AR will do but not many guys drop from a 1st round projection all the way to the 4th-5th round. I don’t know of many times of when that has happened. When the deadline comes to declare for the draftyou generally have a decent idea what round you are going to end up give or take a round early or later. I haven’t heard of many QBs dropping 4-5 rounds off their projections.

Not sure what AR will do but not many guys drop from a 1st round projection all the way to the 4th-5th round. I don’t know of many times of when that has happened. When the deadline comes to declare for the draftyou generally have a decent idea what round you are going to end up give or take a round early or later. I haven’t heard of many QBs dropping 4-5 rounds off their projections.

I also never remember a QB that had struggled and had that little of playing time being hyped by the draft people that much though I do remember a bunch of them acting like Jones would be a 2nd round pick early last season (I am guessing just because of what Trask did under Mullen).

Reactions: PacoGator19
It’s too early for AR to have any idea what he’s going to do. He needs to play out the season and how he plays will determine whether he goes to the NFL or not. If the draft was tomorrow there is no way he would be drafted in the 1st round. I don’t put too much stock in NFL draft projections this far out.

Hmm, AR at tight end and Kitna at QB?

Even if he ends up not working out great it looks like the NFL is going to pay him big time just for his physical attributes. It would probably take quite a few KY like games going forward for them to totally back off from doing that. Hopefully he keeps improving and becomes the QB we were all hoping we had.

His grade from the NFL should tell him that prior to the draft. If it’s not first or second, dont declare.

LG89,

Its a shame CFB doesn't give you the option College Basketball gives you; see where you get drafted (if you do) & then decide if you want to go.

AR could end up as an undrafted free agent; with a signing bonus (probably less than his NIL deal) & not much in the way of a contract.

AR has been so up & down, that I hope he decides to return to UF for another year.

But who knows; looking at how he does against UGA (this year) may tell him & NFL something.

Not sure how crazy it will be this year with that. Levis is talked about as a possible very top QB in the draft and the guy constantly takes sacks when he could have gotten rid of the ball and throws quite a few picks when they are in the red zone about to score.
Fever,

The agent's money comes off the top; before the player get a dime; agent will talk Sh*&t to any player who will listen if he is good enough to get an undrafted free agent's contract.

Place enough UDFAs & you will keep the lights on.

His grade from the NFL should tell him that prior to the draft. If it’s not first or second, dont declare.
If he has a second round grade, that's where it gets really dangerous. Teams don't really draft QB's in the second round very often. I could easily see a 4th round drafting after a second round evaluation. But you are right, if he gets an accurate evaluation, and if he acts wisely on that advice, he most likely will be ok. It's the two ifs in my statement that concern me.

A baseball SS/C with MLB level talent, that went out for football in his Jr year. He'd be lucky to even make the team as an athlete.
Instead, he won the staring QBdt job and went 12-0 regular season, 0-1 playoffs.
Sr he went 12-0 again, and 1-1 playoff, losing by 8 pts to the State Champ.
That earned him Okla State 3A MVP, over the State Champ team's QB.

Sr Season: 14 Gms
Passing - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Yds/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing
- 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's (a 5-star RB)
Total Off - 4,093 Yds, 10.0 Yds/Play, 61 TD's, 4 Turnovers

Because he only played football for 2 years and went to no recruiting service camps, he was a way under rated a 3-star.

So let's just claim that he's to stupid to learn the Nappy play book, and/or make unsubstantiated claims that no true Fr can ever start, or even serve as the backup at the SEC level, so we'll just let him rot on the bench while telling him that he 'might' get a chance in his rsSo (3rd) season (fevered-brain)....

The real problem with that, is that real talent just might get bored and move away.... With the portal, they are no longer trapped on a vision-less 'scared-money' team, or one that's bound up with,,,,, oh never-mine.... 🙄

Harp-harp-harp-nag-nag-nag-yap-yap-yap----BORING.....
(after-all, Max might really be as dumb as a rock stupid, and/or low talented, which is obviously why he was offered a high-dollar ship at what used to be QB-U, right?)

A baseball SS/C with MLB level talent, that went out for football in his Jr year. He'd be lucky to even make the team as an athlete.
Instead, he won the staring QBdt job and went 12-0 regular season, 0-1 playoffs.
Sr he went 12-0 again, and 1-1 playoff, losing by 8 pts to the State Champ.
That earned him Okla State 3A MVP, over the State Champ team's QB.

Sr Season: 14 Gms
Passing - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Yds/Comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing
- 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's (a 5-star RB)
Total Off - 4,093 Yds, 10.0 Yds/Play, 61 TD's, 4 Turnovers

Because he only played football for 2 years and went to no recruiting service camps, he was a way under rated a 3-star.

So let's just claim that he's to stupid to learn the Nappy play book, and/or make unsubstantiated claims that no true Fr can ever start, or even serve as the backup at the SEC level, so we'll just let him rot on the bench while telling him that he 'might' get a chance in his rsSo (3rd) season (fevered-brain)....

The real problem with that, is that real talent just might get bored and move away.... With the portal, they are no longer trapped on a vision-less 'scared-money' team, or one that's bound up with,,,,, oh never-mine.... 🙄

Harp-harp-harp-nag-nag-nag-yap-yap-yap----BORING.....
(after-all, Max might really be as dumb as a rock stupid, and/or low talented, which is obviously why he was offered a high-dollar ship at what used to be QB-U, right?)
85 scholarships and 22 starting spots. Hopefully some of these kids are good enough at math to realize not everybody can be a 4 year starter. You evidently think they are not, and will leave if they don't start from day 1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT