ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15

85 scholarships and 22 starting spots. Hopefully some of these kids are good enough at math to realize not everybody can be a 4 year starter. You evidently think they are not, and will leave if they don't start from day 1.
Straw-man BS as usual. 🙄

~ Never said that Brown should be the starter.
~ Did say that he should be coached up as much as possible and contend for the backup, over a 3rd string tOSU xfer that was anointed the backup upon arrival, causing Carlos to xfer out to Syracuse.
~ Del Rio-Wilson should have been the #2, but Kitna or Brown over Miller III, and I'll stick with that.

The same goes with not playing Whittemore in favor of an AzSt xfer.
Now Trent and his 4 star WR brother will be going elsewhere....

The lack of use of the TE's and the best RB receiver are also poor coaching decisions imo.
4-3 --- 1-3....

Anthony Richardson is a better draft prospect than Will Levis​

Florida football has had its ups and downs this year, as has its QB, Anthony Richardson. Despite some of these bumps in the road, Richardson is still pretty high up on most draft boards, thanks to his freakish athleticism and a strong arm.

He isn’t the only QB getting lots of draft hype, as guys like CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Hendon Hooker are getting lots of attention. There is one guy however who has no business being projected ahead of AR.

Kentucky quarterback Will Levis.

Mel Kiper released an updated big board this morning, and Levis was in the top five. Why? We don’t know.

He had Levis as the 4th prospect overall, and 2nd out of QBs.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/11/03/florida-football-richardson-draft-levis/

Last edited:
Where do we stand at QB for Next Season ?

IMO - Don't think AR returns to Gators for next year.

If he has the chance to be drafted by the NFL, he should take the money & RUN.

QB, TE, H-Back whatever role he fits best at the NFL level.

However it works out, wish AR the best.

Napier needs to start playing other QBs so that we have some experience at QB for next season.

IMO Spring & fall practice NO SUBSTITUTE for SEC game experience.

Need to play Kitna a bunch & take a good look at Miller & Brown (Insta ?) - all three need to be included in the QB try outs.

We are down to 4 games left on the schedule & this season is a write off.

Would not start either one of them against TAMU or FSU - we might actually beat TAMU - if AR has a good day - & FSU is still FSU.

USCe & Vandy of no consequence.

Kitna needs to play major minutes - at least a full half in each game - against USCe & Vandy.

Bowl game probably wishful thinking; but the extra 15 days of practice to develop a QB & get our new depth chart for next season could be helpful.

Just don't go to some out of the way location & lose money on the trip - no one will buy a ticket & UF has to guarantee certain amount of ticket sales or pay for them.

Enough bowl games within the State of Florida to pick from - if we become bowl eligable.

NOTE
we need to avoid UCF & the Gasprilla Bowl
LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Where do we stand at QB for Next Season ?

IMO - Don't think AR returns to Gators for next year.

If he has the chance to be drafted by the NFL, he should take the money & RUN.

QB, TE, H-Back whatever role he fits best at the NFL level.

However it works out, wish AR the best.

Napier needs to start playing other QBs so that we have some experience at QB for next season.

IMO Spring & fall practice NO SUBSTITUTE for SEC game experience.

Need to play Kitna a bunch & take a good look at Miller & Brown (Insta ?) - all three need to be included in the QB try outs.

We are down to 4 games left on the schedule & this season is a write off.

Would not start either one of them against TAMU or FSU - we might actually beat TAMU - if AR has a good day - & FSU is still FSU.

USCe & Vandy of no consequence.

Kitna needs to play major minutes - at least a full half in each game - against USCe & Vandy.

Bowl game probably wishful thinking; but the extra 15 days of practice to develop a QB & get our new depth chart for next season could be helpful.

Just don't go to some out of the way location & lose money on the trip - no one will buy a ticket & UF has to guarantee certain amount of ticket sales or pay for them.

Enough bowl games within the State of Florida to pick from - if we become bowl eligable.

NOTE
we need to avoid UCF & the Gasprilla Bowl
LOL
UCF appears to be headed to a better bowl than we would qualify for ( if we qualify).

Maybe not but true.
It’s not realistic is my point. If they played an SEC schedule they’d have SEC players and SEC facilities. Putting a G5 team into an SEC schedule and keeping all other things constant isn’t valid, imo.

That said, screw UCF.

It’s not realistic is my point. If they played an SEC schedule they’d have SEC players and SEC facilities. Putting a G5 team into an SEC schedule and keeping all other things constant isn’t valid, imo.

That said, screw UCF.
I don't disagree with that. Although we do have some SEC teams that consistently sit at the bottom...oh wait, that's us now....

Reactions: GwinnettDawg

That said, screw UCF.
Vandy says hello…

but I’m with you on UCF

You remember. They guy that was more limited as a passer than AR but because he came to Florida first he's great and shouldn't have been "run off" but Ricky Pearsall is dog shit because he dared to transfer here and isn't a real Gator so he sucks and it's unfair.

Do you not follow Florida football at all? Sheesh.

I hope so if he keeps improving his passing some and keeps running more.
I hate to admit it, but I was one of those who gave up on Richardson during the 1st half vs Georgia. Not sure if Napier started to build the O around him or maybe he finally turned the lights on. I'll also admit I felt stupid crying for Kitna kaboodles.

I hate to admit it, but I was one of those who gave up on Richardson during the 1st half vs Georgia. Not sure if Napier started to build the O around him or maybe he finally turned the lights on. I'll also admit I felt stupid crying for Kitna kaboodles.

Because of one game where he looked good? What happens when he reverts back to the old AR tomorrow?

If he plays like he did last week for the rest of the season, then I'll change my mind. Otherwise, the guy is who he is. Talented and horribly inconsistent,

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
AR was 11 for 23 today. Not exactly awesome numbers. Unless he enters the portal, he will be back next year.

I believe he will not be back next year and will enter the NFL draft.
You seem to have more insight than most of us. He seems like a great kid and is no doubt a tremendous athlete and an excellent runner. He's just never shown the ability to consistently read defenses and throw accurate passes. And the margin for error in the NFL is a lot smaller than in college. I would love to have him back for all the upside reasons and to give the coaches another year to work on developing his passing skills. But who knows what he'll do?

Reactions: gatordad3
You seem to have more insight than most of us. He seems like a great kid and is no doubt a tremendous athlete and an excellent runner. He's just never shown the ability to consistently read defenses and throw accurate passes. And the margin for error in the NFL is a lot smaller than in college. I would love to have him back for all the upside reasons and to give the coaches another year to work on developing his passing skills. But who knows what he'll do?
Trust me! I didn’t think he is anywhere ready for the NFL and if he goes to the NFL I don’t think he will make it….BUT scouts are in love with his physical traits, etc and sometime NFL guys are arrogant enough that they can develop players easily. And let’s be honest NFL scouts aren’t perfect or don’t always get it right. I don’t think he will ever be an accurate enough passer to play in the NFL but I do think he will declare for the draft.

Reactions: ocalaman
Trust me! I didn’t think he is anywhere ready for the NFL and if he goes to the NFL I don’t think he will make it….BUT scouts are in love with his physical traits, etc and sometime NFL guys are arrogant enough that they can develop players easily. And let’s be honest NFL scouts aren’t perfect or don’t always get it right. I don’t think he will ever be an accurate enough passer to play in the NFL but I do think he will declare for the draft.
You might be right but he would benefit by returning and he will make more money entering the draft after next year.

I don't think there is any chance AR goes pro. He's not rdy. Needs another yr. Physically might be the best one in the draft whenever he decides to enter but any team willing to spend a day 1 pick on him right now is crazy. Needs to improve his accuracy, decision making, progression, etc. He's done that throughout the yr and needs to keep doing it for another yr in college. He has a chance to go high in the draft AND have success if he stays another yr. Be interested to see how he plays against us. Our d line is healthy as its been since LSU.

Reactions: gatordad3
I don't think there is any chance AR goes pro. He's not rdy. Needs another yr. Physically might be the best one in the draft whenever he decides to enter but any team willing to spend a day 1 pick on him right now is crazy. Needs to improve his accuracy, decision making, progression, etc. He's done that throughout the yr and needs to keep doing it for another yr in college. He has a chance to go high in the draft AND have success if he stays another yr. Be interested to see how he plays against us. Our d line is healthy as its been since LSU.
He doesn't see the field very well and his decision making is average at best.

He doesn't see the field very well and his decision making is average at best.

Do you think it's because it's his first yr in the system or do you think that's just where he is right now. He's looked better these last few weeks with making decisions but could be a myriad of reasons why that is occurring (Billy simplifying, worse defenses, he's improving, those around him are improving, etc)

Do you think it's because it's his first yr in the system or do you think that's just where he is right now. He's looked better these last few weeks with making decisions but could be a myriad of reasons why that is occurring (Billy simplifying, worse defenses, he's improving, those around him are improving, etc)
He's had 10 games in this system and hasn't improved. He is inconsistent with his accuracy and throws into coverage when another receiver is standing wide open. I think it's just who he is.

Reactions: ocalaman
At the point of not caring who they play at QB next year.....

And his NIL doesn't depend on where he plays in 2023.

I would think anything connected to the collective at all does and probably his Gatorade deal also.
Let's see the contracts.
Do any of them state that they are only valid for as long as he's UF's QB?
Are they year to year renewable?
Many questions, but I don't have the answers,,, do you?

The possible Gator QB Room of the future:

Richardson 6-4 232 Jr (questions remain on NFL draft)
Kitna 6-4 208 rsSo (a QBpp, not a QBdt)

Miller 6-3 211 rsSo - (tOSU xfer and a QBpp)
Engel 6-1 190 rsJr - WO
Brown 6-2 200 rsFr -
(the best HS stats by far, of these 9 QB's)
Anders 6-2 203 rsJr - WO
----- all below are QBdt's
2023 Stokes 6-1.5 190 Fr - (early solid commit)
2023 Rashada 6-4 185 Fr - (scUM commit/flipped)

-----
2024 Lagway 6-2 225 HS Sr ??? (so far out he's not worth talking about yet imo)

There are utube highlight reels on all of these QB's, so go watch them for yourselves, instead of just taking the star and position rankings from the self-interest recruiting service feeds....
They can usually get the difference between a 4 & 5 star camper correct, but they miss all the time imo, on the small school 2-3 star's that don't go to the money paid recruiting service camps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT