ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15

Trust me! I didn’t think he is anywhere ready for the NFL and if he goes to the NFL I don’t think he will make it….BUT scouts are in love with his physical traits, etc and sometime NFL guys are arrogant enough that they can develop players easily. And let’s be honest NFL scouts aren’t perfect or don’t always get it right. I don’t think he will ever be an accurate enough passer to play in the NFL but I do think he will declare for the draft.

I hope he doesn't but I agree his only chance long term to become a decent NFL QB is to play another season in college.

The possible Gator QB Room of the future:

Richardson 6-4 232 Jr (questions remain on NFL draft)
Kitna 6-4 208 rsSo (a QBpp, not a QBdt)

Miller 6-3 211 rsSo - (tOSU xfer and a QBpp)
Engel 6-1 190 rsJr - WO
Brown 6-2 200 rsFr -
(the best HS stats by far, of these 9 QB's)
Anders 6-2 203 rsJr - WO
----- all below are QBdt's
2023 Stokes 6-1.5 190 Fr - (early solid commit)
2023 Rashada 6-4 185 Fr - (scUM commit/flipped)

-----
2024 Lagway 6-2 225 HS Sr ??? (so far out he's not worth talking about yet imo)

There are utube highlight reels on all of these QB's, so go watch them for yourselves, instead of just taking the star and position rankings from the self-interest recruiting service feeds....
They can usually get the difference between a 4 & 5 star camper correct, but they miss all the time imo, on the small school 2-3 star's that don't go to the money paid recruiting service camps.

They definitely miss a lot but it's hard to Judge QBs also when they are playing in the smaller classifications.

Let's see the contracts.
Do any of them state that they are only valid for as long as he's UF's QB?
Are they year to year renewable?
Many questions, but I don't have the answers,,, do you?
Insta,

Have not seen the contracts, so I can't say for sure.

Gatorade is owned by PepsiCo (via Quaker Oats Company and Stokely-Van Camp) so if the NIL $$$ is direct from them, they could probably do what they want to with it no matter what college he attends. If he goes to NFL, & PepsiCo sees it as a good value, it just becomes one more endorsement deal with a celebrity/athlete spokeperson.

I would think that anything through the UF collective would be limited to his playing career at UF; not to say that it couldn't be re-established at a different school.

Reactions: Gator Fever
He doesn't see the field very well and his decision making is average at best.
Yes and yes. But to be fair, it took 4 years for Cam Newton to see the light, and unfortunately bad decisions on his part made it happen elsewhere. Love to see him back, but only if his heart is into to. If not, next man up!

Reactions: instaGATOR
If we do ink Rashada and Stokes get ready to possibly say goodbye to Kitna and Brown

If we do ink Rashada and Stokes get ready to possibly say goodbye to Kitna and Brown
Making Gator fans the net losers again, and yet again imo.

Kinda like bringing in two xfer WR's, resulting in losing both local legacy Whittemore brothers (xfer & de-commit)...
😠

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII

Kinda like bringing in two xfer WR's, resulting in losing both local legacy Whittemore brothers (xfer & de-commit)...
😠
It is what it is. Love it or leave it

😠
That's how college football works today...no problem with a kid wanting to go somewhere so he can play.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Anthony Richardson needs to return to Florida.​

Mike Farrell’s take: FICTION​

This isn’t a Tyler Van Dyke situation where he would be forced to return to save his NFL Draft status but to me

Richardson should return to Gainesville to polish his accuracy and ability to read defenses.

But he doesn’t have to — at all.

For some reason everyone still has Richardson as a first round pick and some have him in the Top 10. It’s puzzling to me but his size and athletic ability have the NFL scouts enamored enough for him to at least be a late flier in round one a la Lamar Jackson years ago. His upside is too high apparently to most.

But this is still a guy who has 11 touchdowns and 7 picks this season. But what do I know?

He’s got first round money waiting so he should head off to the NFL.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/fact-...an-scheduling-kedon-slovis-anthony-richardson

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3

Anthony Richardson needs to return to Florida.​

Mike Farrell’s take: FICTION​

This isn’t a Tyler Van Dyke situation where he would be forced to return to save his NFL Draft status but to me

Richardson should return to Gainesville to polish his accuracy and ability to read defenses.

But he doesn’t have to — at all.

For some reason everyone still has Richardson as a first round pick and some have him in the Top 10. It’s puzzling to me but his size and athletic ability have the NFL scouts enamored enough for him to at least be a late flier in round one a la Lamar Jackson years ago. His upside is too high apparently to most.

But this is still a guy who has 11 touchdowns and 7 picks this season. But what do I know?

He’s got first round money waiting so he should head off to the NFL.

https://mikefarrellsports.com/fact-...an-scheduling-kedon-slovis-anthony-richardson

Yes he may be taken in the first round but...
snicker.gif
lol5.gif

Dad,

I'm sure all of us would like to know what AR plans to do in this year's NFL draft !

If he comes back, he will probably be one of the top Heisman possibilities.

I like to think another year as the starter will increase his skill set - as Farrell said - "polish his accuracy and ability to read defenses."

I'm going to add -
move through his progressions quicker
show better touch on his short passes.

AAAAAHHHH !
How about the money of even a late 1st round NFL draft pick ?

Can see both sides of the decision - just wish I had his talent & it was MY DECISION to make !

SUGGESTION

You are 1 injury away - Take the NFL $$$ & RUN (to the Bank) !

LOL

Farrell compared AR to Lamar Jackson & seemed to sneer about being the last 1st Round Pick in the NFL draft - still better than being the 1st pick in the 2nd round - right ?

The comparison to Lamar Jackson may be why many NFL scouts are excited about AR.

FWIW - don't think Lamar is missing any meals or having to borrow money from his parents !

Lamar Demeatrice Jackson Jr.
(born January 7, 1997) is an American football quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Louisville, where he won the Heisman Trophy during his sophomore year, and was selected by the Ravens as the final first round pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. Jackson became the Ravens' starting quarterback in his rookie season after an injury to incumbent Joe Flacco and clinched a division title with the team, also becoming the youngest NFL quarterback to start a playoff game at age 21.

The next year, Jackson set the season record for quarterback rushing yards and led the league in touchdown passes while bringing the Ravens to the top seed of the American Football Conference (AFC).

For his success, he became the second unanimous Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the fourth African-American quarterback to win the award. Jackson followed up his MVP campaign by becoming the first quarterback to have multiple 1,000 yards rushing seasons and led the Ravens to a third consecutive playoff appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Jackson

Dad,

I'm sure all of us would like to know what AR plans to do in this year's NFL draft !

If he comes back, he will probably be one of the top Heisman possibilities.

I like to think another year as the starter will increase his skill set - as Farrell said - "polish his accuracy and ability to read defenses."

I'm going to add -
move through his progressions quicker
show better touch on his short passes.

AAAAAHHHH !
How about the money of even a late 1st round NFL draft pick ?

Can see both sides of the decision - just wish I had his talent & it was MY DECISION to make !

SUGGESTION

You are 1 injury away - Take the NFL $$$ & RUN (to the Bank) !

LOL

Farrell compared AR to Lamar Jackson & seemed to sneer about being the last 1st Round Pick in the NFL draft - still better than being the 1st pick in the 2nd round - right ?

The comparison to Lamar Jackson may be why many NFL scouts are excited about AR.

FWIW - don't think Lamar is missing any meals or having to borrow money from his parents !

Lamar Demeatrice Jackson Jr.
(born January 7, 1997) is an American football quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Louisville, where he won the Heisman Trophy during his sophomore year, and was selected by the Ravens as the final first round pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. Jackson became the Ravens' starting quarterback in his rookie season after an injury to incumbent Joe Flacco and clinched a division title with the team, also becoming the youngest NFL quarterback to start a playoff game at age 21.

The next year, Jackson set the season record for quarterback rushing yards and led the league in touchdown passes while bringing the Ravens to the top seed of the American Football Conference (AFC).

For his success, he became the second unanimous Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the fourth African-American quarterback to win the award. Jackson followed up his MVP campaign by becoming the first quarterback to have multiple 1,000 yards rushing seasons and led the Ravens to a third consecutive playoff appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamar_Jackson
I didn't get the chance to follow Lamar Jackson as badly as I wanted to, but from what little I've seen of Lamar, he seemed light years ahead of AR in terms of accuracy while at Louisville. I also can't remember many "expert analysts" ever speaking on Lamar's weaknesses the same way they speak of AR's. AR, IMO, has better talent(probably not much more at the time) around him than Lamar did at Louisville.

Tebow,

Where there is smoke there is fire ! Too many "draft experts" (granted, most of them are legends in their own minds) thinking / saying he will be a high pick to overlook.

I would love to have AR return, but I continue to believe that he will enter the NFL draft.

Hopefully he helps us win our last three games, showcases his talents, & actually becomes a high draft pick.

Hope he finds a way to communicate with the actual decision makers in the NFL (Team GMs) & gets good / accurate advice on the draft.

If that becomes a possibility for him, he would be foolish not to take advantage of the situation.

Tebow,

Where there is smoke there is fire ! Too many "draft experts" (granted, most of them are legends in their own minds) thinking / saying he will be a high pick to overlook.

I would love to have AR return, but I continue to believe that he will enter the NFL draft.

Hopefully he helps us win our last three games, showcases his talents, & actually becomes a high draft pick.

Hope he finds a way to communicate with the actual decision makers in the NFL (Team GMs) & gets good / accurate advice on the draft.

If that becomes a possibility for him, he would be foolish not to take advantage of the situation.
Well Vandy is keeping him in check and he looks like he doesn't want to run, so not sure how he fits in the nfl?

Last edited:
Another 50/50 game, half on the players and half on the coaches/play calling....

Now, start Miller and send Brown and Kitna to the portal, and all will be just fine....
🙄

And Shorter is still the #1 WR, with Henderson #2, and Whittemore should have been #3....
😝

Another 50/50 game, half on the players and half on the coaches/play calling....

Now, start Miller and send Brown and Kitna to the portal, and all will be just fine....
🙄

And Shorter is still the #1 WR, with Henderson #2, and Whittemore should have been #3.... 😝

Just because you have some fixation with Pearsall doesn't change the fact on tape he is clearly the best receiver. If Trask was here now Pearsall would have crazy pinball numbers.

Just because you have some fixation with Pearsall doesn't change the fact on tape he is clearly the best receiver. If Trask was here now Pearsall would have crazy pinball numbers.
That tape might be obstructing your view of the actual game stats... 🤓

Shorter 9 Gms ------ 29 for 577 Yds, 19.9 Ave, 2 TD's, L-75

Henderson 10 Gms - 38 for 410 Yds, 10.8 Ave, 2 TD's, L-78

Pearsall 11 Gms ------ 24 for 448 Yds, 18.7 Ave, 3 TD's, L-38
(good thing they have that 'deep threat' xfer #1 dude)

Reynolds 7 Gms ----- 11 for 244 Yds, 22.2 Ave 2 TD's, L-74

Zipperer 8 Gms ------ 13 for 177 Yds, 13.6 Ave, 1 TD, L-44

Whittemore 7 Gms --- 4 for 87 Yds, 21.8 Ave, 0 TD's, L-33
(but since they didn't play him much, or target him when they did, we'll never know)

But of course, Billy had nothing to prove after bringing xfer Pearsall in....
(and the actual game stats per game played and targets means nada)

And could someone please give that WR's coach a raise for the great job....
As always, JMOHO's.....

IIRC, Pearsall is a junior, right? If so, I look forward to watching him with the young badass WR group we have coming in.

The next Jaquez Green?

My xfer out Christmas wish list would include Xfer's QB Miller & WR Pearsall....
Both can play some, but both are highly over-rated imo.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not to the facts/stats.

As to the projected 2023 WR's:

#1 WR
Justin Shorter --------- 6-4 223 rsSr
#99 WR Whittemore ---------- 6-4 211 rsSr - (chitted imo and xfer out)
#151 WR Ricky Pearsall ------- 6-1 200 Sr - AzSt xfer

#69 WR Ja'Markis Weston --- 6-3 212 rsJr

#12 WR Xzavier Henderson -- 6-3 195 Jr
#26 WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars -- 6-4 212 Jr
#10 Thai C-Bowman ------------ 6-0 191 Jr - JuCo xfer
#33 WR Marcus Burke --------- 6-4 183 rsSo
#44 WR Daejon Rynolds ------ 6-2 204 rsSo
#103 WR Kahleil Jackson ----- 6-3 214 rsSo

#69 WR Caleb Douglas --------- 6-3 191 So
=====

#14 WR Aidan Mizell ---------- 6-2 180 Fr
#19 WR Eugene Willson III -- 5-11 165 Fr (hope his momma packs him an SEC lunch)
#43 WR Andy Jean ------------ 6-1 180 Fr
#116 WR Tyree Patterson ---- 6-2 175

Last edited:
I firmly believe that Billy knows that AR is headed to the NFL. I also think todays game plan was to air it out to show NFL teams that he can pass for 400 yards. We are the #2 rushing team in the country and just abandoned that today. Etienne rushed for only 5 times. I just dont see how we get Rashada next year if he knows AR is gonna be at Florida next year. Rashada is NOT gonna come in and sit long behind anyone for long.

I firmly believe that Billy knows that AR is headed to the NFL. I also think todays game plan was to air it out to show NFL teams that he can pass for 400 yards. We are the #2 rushing team in the country and just abandoned that today. Etienne rushed for only 5 times. I just dont see how we get Rashada next year if he knows AR is gonna be at Florida next year. Rashada is NOT gonna come in and sit long behind anyone for long.
Richardson,,, if he stays
Kitna,,, if he stays, he's better than Miller.
Miller,,, is another poor Billy AZ/tOSU joke imo.
He sucks at both passing and running. That's why he was a 3rd string tOSU xfer out to begin with.
He needs to xfer out again if he wants to play.

If Billy puts Miller ahead of Kitna, Brown, or Rashada, I'll burn my bandwagon down to cinders....
=====

Brown 14 Gms - 71.1% 2,750 Yds, 41 TD's 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF's

Rashada 11 Gms - 63.5% for 2,388 Yds, 28 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 110.8
Rushing - 341 Yds, 7.1 YPC, 5 TD's, 1 LPF

Rashada is not nearly as good of a HS QB as Brown.
IMO, Stokes is the one that might want to commit elsewhere....

I don't think there is any chance AR goes pro. He's not rdy. Needs another yr. Physically might be the best one in the draft whenever he decides to enter but any team willing to spend a day 1 pick on him right now is crazy. Needs to improve his accuracy, decision making, progression, etc. He's done that throughout the yr and needs to keep doing it for another yr in college. He has a chance to go high in the draft AND have success if he stays another yr. Be interested to see how he plays against us. Our d line is healthy as its been since LSU.
Hand to God, if he comes back I want him to move to TE. He can't play QB. He just can't. We have had actual TE's that played QB for us that were better than him.

Any team that drafts him as a QB is just wasting a pick.

Napier should be fired if any of that is remotely true.

My xfer out Christmas wish list would include Xfer's QB Miller & WR Pearsall....
Both can play some, but both are highly over-rated imo.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not to the facts/stats.

As to the projected 2023 WR's:

#1 WR
Justin Shorter --------- 6-4 223 rsSr
#99 WR Whittemore ---------- 6-4 211 rsSr - (chitted imo and xfer out)
#151 WR Ricky Pearsall ------- 6-1 200 Sr - AzSt xfer

#69 WR Ja'Markis Weston --- 6-3 212 rsJr

#12 WR Xzavier Henderson -- 6-3 195 Jr
#26 WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars -- 6-4 212 Jr
#10 Thai C-Bowman ------------ 6-0 191 Jr - JuCo xfer
#33 WR Marcus Burke --------- 6-4 183 rsSo
#44 WR Daejon Rynolds ------ 6-2 204 rsSo
#103 WR Kahleil Jackson ----- 6-3 214 rsSo

#69 WR Caleb Douglas --------- 6-3 191 So
=====

#14 WR Aidan Mizell ---------- 6-2 180 Fr
#19 WR Eugene Willson III -- 5-11 165 Fr (hope his momma packs him an SEC lunch)
#43 WR Andy Jean ------------ 6-1 180 Fr
#116 WR Tyree Patterson ---- 6-2 175
Pearsall is our best WR. Why would you want him to transfer out? You also want Johnson to Xfer out too?

He's getting hyped for sure

Might go down as the most over-hyped ever if he ends up a 1st round pick unless he can magically change. Allen actually had stuff on tape that pointed to possible success. All AR really has going for him is his physical attributes. If he was a little smaller he would be looked at no differently than Emory Jones right now.

Reactions: gatordad3
Might go down as the most over-hyped ever if he ends up a 1st round pick unless he can magically change. Allen actually had stuff on tape that pointed to possible success. All AR really has going for him is his physical attributes. If he was a little smaller he would be looked at no differently than Emory Jones right now.
Agreed

Pearsall is our best WR. Why would you want him to transfer out? You also want Johnson to Xfer out too?
A faulty personal opinion that doesn't align with the actual facts/stats, followed by a never stated straw-man pile of 💩.

We are all 'entitled to our opinions' but not entitled to misuse the actual facts/stats.

Why don't any of you dweebs show me, using facts/stats, why you believe that #151 Pearsall ***,,,, is a better WR than #1 Shorter ***** is.

And since they are both xfer-ins to UF, where they started off committing in college doesn't come into play....

PS - I wouldn't trade you Henderson (or even Reynolds) for Pearsall on the open market....

~~ Pearsall could stay, but IMO he's on the depth chart somewhere in the 3>5 slot. Just stop with claiming that he's the best WR on the roster, cause that's just opinionated fan BS, not stat supported fact.
🤓

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT