ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15

As a UF Leterman, irs times like this that the team pulls together. I predict a big win against half ass U
I hope you are right.

But I see a team that had huge expectations for themselves this year, and it all went to Hell. I can legitimately see them wanting to go 5-7 and not have to go to a bowl game. Frankly, without a coach or a scheme, it doesn't even matter for the young guys, the extra practices will just give them more to unlearn. Literally nothing to play for.

If we beat FSU, I plan on going to whatever crappy bowl game we get. Just don't think that's going to happen.

So the AR starting stuff was just nonsense it sounds like. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he’s been injured in about 4 different ways since UGA.

It's kind of weird. I have no idea why he doesn't start and play more. I know he got hurt dancing at a hotel one time (Mullen threw him under the bus there).

A relief to finally have AR15 lead UF to victory. Emory Jones getting booed early in the 3rd was very well desrved.

A relief to finally have AR15 lead UF to victory. Emory Jones getting booed early in the 3rd was very well desrved.

I feel sorry for him in a way but he is what he is passing at this level of football. I think he would be best suited going to a group of 5 team to work on things. I doubt he stays unless Richardson shocked everyone and left.

EJ has played his tail off for Florida. He just too often hesitates before making his mind up and throws to the wrong guy too much. And it's not gotten any better as the season progressed.

Reactions: Gator Fever
EJ has played his tail off for Florida. He just too often hesitates before making his mind up and throws to the wrong guy too much. And it's not gotten any better as the season progressed.
I think his confidence was never high but it is shot now.

Just need 2 QBs that can play next year. AR15 and somebody else because unfortunately he may be injury prone.

As with any player or team, staying healthy is always a roll of the dice. I believe that Anthony has learned when to throw and when to run.
As to having quality players to throw to....

Gator Receivers for 2022, so far: 12 WR's, 9 TE's, 4-5 RB's

WR Justin Shorter 6-5 228 rsJr
2021 - 41 for 550 yds, 6 TD's, Ave 13.4 yds, L-52

WR Trent Whittemore 6-4 210 rsSo
2021 - 19 for 210 yds, 1 TD, Ave 11.1, L-45 (injured out but 8 starts)

WR Ja'Markis Weston 6-3 216 rsSo
2021 - 5 for 68 yds, 1 TD, Ave 13.6, L-68

WR Xzavier Henderson 6-3 193 So
2021 - 26 for 277 yds, 2 TD's, Ave 10.7, L-35

WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars 6-3 212 So
2021 - 5 for 35 yds, 2 TD's, Ave 7.0, L-16

WR William Sawyer 6-1 186 rsSo

WR Daejon Reynolds 6-2 208 So

WR Fenley Graham Jr 5-9 166 So

WR Marcus Burke 6-4 183 rsFr

WR Kahleil Jackson 6-3 213 rsFr

WR Taylor Spierto 5-11 206 rsFr

WR Caleb Douglas 6-3 185 Fr

=====

TE Keon Zipperer 6-3 234 Jr
2021 - 11 for 133 yds, Ave 12.1, L-30

TE/DE Dante Zanders 6-5 261 rsJr
5 in the O&B game

TE/DL/OG Griffin McDowell 6-4 283 rsJr

TE/OLB Noah Keeter 6-5 216 rsSo
3 in the O&B game with a TD

TE Jonathan Odom 6-5 245 So
injured out for Spring

TE Nick Elksnis 6-6 232 rsFr
injured out for Spring
-----
The 3 incoming Fr TE's seem to have great potential...

TE/OT Tony Livingston 6-5 250 Fr
(PF 6-5 220 - Projected if at OT 6-6 280)
FL 5A PoY in B-Ball - 24.3 PPG, 10.9 Rb.
FL-ACA MVP in B-Ball All Star Game
At the Elite Football Underclassmen showcase recently in Orlando, Livingston exclusively participated as a TE and impressed as a pass-catcher and route-runner.

TE/Ath Arlis Boardingham 6-4 220 Fr - WR-RB-QB-OLB-S
This guy could and did, play any skill position he was needed at.

TE/QB Hayden Hansen 6-6 256 Fr - 4.80/40 with huge hands.
(possible 2nd coming of a Kyle Pitts type)

IF the WR and TE coaches can't come up with 6-8 solid receivers out of that group, then Nappy hired the wrong guys as coaches.
🤓

Plus there's a very solid group of RB receivers coming out of the backfield.

Last edited:
Gator 2022 QB Depth Chart by the instaGator....

1. Anthony Richardson 6-4 237 So - Starter

2. Max Brown 6-3 200 Fr - (summer arrival, 71%, 41 TD's to 4 Ints)

3. Kitna 6-4 205 rsFr - SEC Honor Roll, seems pushed aside by Nappy

4. Jack Miller 6-3 215 rsFr (3rd Yr) tOSU xfer = McLame & Jack Del Rio
Jack was such a great pickup in 2020, that tOSU took 2 QB's in 2021.
🙄
---
5. Carlos Del Rio-Wilson 6-2 225 rsFr - took the hint with EJ to the portal....
Recruit Offers: UF-UK-MS-TN-Ark-AU--AzSt-FSU-Mia-GaT-Mich, ect...
He chose UF, then got chitted for a failed backup QB that chose tOSU.

From 247 - Miller's Weaknesses: Consistency & Accuracy (EJ was better)

-----
5. Kyle Engel 6-0 190 rsSo - WO, 2X SEC Honor Roll & STA FL 7A Champ

6. Jack Anders 6-1 203 rsSo - WO, 2X SEC Honor Roll, Germantown, MD

>> The Roster already had two excellent backup depth QB's, so why bring in a third and then put him on a much needed ship?

Dear Nappy, you gave tOSU's backup bail-out xfer Miller every opportunity to step up all Spring and in the O&B game, but he's still just an average, run of the mill-er QB. Might be time to move on....

247 Swamp "The Gators need significant improvement from Miller and the other backups at the position."

To the iG's eyes, Kitna and Brown should be competing in the Fall for the backup job, while pushing AR-15.

HS Sr Stats and Bio per MaxPreps

rsSo - Jack Miller III 6-3 215 HS Sr:
7 Gms - 114 of 193, 59.1% for 1,621 yds, 14.2 Ave, 15 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 103.6
Rushing - 33 for 197 yds, 6.0 ypc, 2 TD's, LPF not listed
* College tOSU in 2 years, 7 of 14, 50% for 107 yds.

rsFr - Jalen Kitna 6-4 205 HS Sr:
10 Gms - 163 of 263 62.0% for 2,516 yds, 15.4 Ave, 32 TD's, 3 Ints, QBR 128.4
Rushing negligible.

tFr -- Max Brown 6-3 200 HS Sr: 13-1, 6-0 League
14 Gms - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 yds,
7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, 1 LPF

IF you were the Gator's HC, where would you put your backup QB coaching time & money for the coming 2022 season???

The iG's time and money in this order:
1. Max Brown
2. Jalen Kitna
3. Engel - STA 7A FL Champs (WO)
4. Miller- I'd have let him walk-on, but no ship from me.
5. Anders (WO)

Last edited:
Reactions: seffnergator
When someone questioned AR-15 running the ball, this was my response.

Napier said; "Scared Money Don't Make Money."

And I reminded everyone here about his early on statement after being hired.

Richardson - 11 for 106 yds, 9.6 ypc, 3 TD's, L-45

Now if Billy would just work over-time on getting Max Brown ready to go as the backup, I'd be able to sleep better the nights before games....
😉

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
I read an article today that if Jack Miller would have been available for the Kentucky game then AR was gonna be benched a series or 2 to try and get his head on straight.

I read an article today that if Jack Miller would have been available for the Kentucky game then AR was gonna be benched a series or 2 to try and get his head on straight.

I wonder if he will get any reps against USF or will it be Kitna.

Napier said the earliest Miller will be back is Tennessee. Not so sure AR wants to get in a shootout with Hooker from Tennessee. We gonna have to score 40 plus to beat the Vols.
We don't know what the game is going to look like and Tennessee is going to be a tough game but 'having to score 40' because Tennessee beat up on Ball State and handled Pitt isn't an forgone conclusion. I'll wait and just see how this team does but I think that we'll be up and down and like in week 1 we are going to surprise some people.

Napier said the earliest Miller will be back is Tennessee. Not so sure AR wants to get in a shootout with Hooker from Tennessee. We gonna have to score 40 plus to beat the Vols.

Not sure about 40 but watching them I doubt we shut them down like last season. That QB seems to have improved since that game. Tenn will be a good barometer to see if AR has it mentally as they have an average SEC defense but can test you some. I am glad the first big test after that loss isn't the GA or A&M defense.

Not sure about 40 but watching them I doubt we shut them down like last season. That QB seems to have improved since that game. Tenn will be a good barometer to see if AR has it mentally as they have an average SEC defense but can test you some. I am glad the first big test after that loss isn't the GA or A&M defense.
Truth. If we can't get well against USF we have real problems.

Reactions: Gator Fever
No.

7 games in 32 years. Why do people keep forgetting this stuff so easily?

sadgator hopes they “checkerboard” the stadium once again in two weeks.
While the Vols have been one of the most overhyped teams in D1 year in and year out, the Gator defense will be stressed at Tennessee. Under Josh Heupel they snap the ball faster than any team in the country and will put up some points. With our lack of depth, fatigue in the 2nd half could be a big problem. I'm terrible at picking Gator games, but my opinion is that we have to score a lot of points to win

While the Vols have been one of the most overhyped teams in D1 year in and year out, the Gator defense will be stressed at Tennessee. Under Josh Heupel they snap the ball faster than any team in the country and will put up some points. With our lack of depth, fatigue in the 2nd half could be a big problem. I'm terrible at picking Gator games, but my opinion is that we have to score a lot of points to win

I think it would be tough to hold Tenn under about 24 or so which means our offense would need score like in the Utah game. We know Tenn will copy a lot of KYs stuff until we show them we can burn them when they do that

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
How many times did Kentucky beat us in 32 years?
Ummm why do ppl compare past years? It's this year and now. You don't win games from comparisons. Florida appears to be a young team and is going to struggle this year. Tebow's sophomore year was no different. Every team goes through this stuff. To be honest every single college team sucks whenever you look at them. I do t kniw if this is because of technology is catching up or what but something g is going on. Don't be surprised if football is a thing of the past in a few years.

Ummm why do ppl compare past years? It's this year and now. You don't win games from comparisons. Florida appears to be a young team and is going to struggle this year. Tebow's sophomore year was no different. Every team goes through this stuff. To be honest every single college team sucks whenever you look at them. I do t kniw if this is because of technology is catching up or what but something g is going on. Don't be surprised if football is a thing of the past in a few years.

But Tebow totally dominated with pinball numbers his true sophomore season. We lost those regular season games except for maybe Auburn due to a very young defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT