ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

You probably should stick to Batman Comics and small rodents cuz football and math are not your strong suit.
I am still cloudy on the whole secretary thing, but your requests to be called Mr. Under-Secretary during our sessions is much clearer.

Well you shouldn't be. You claimed that your opinion was better than anyone else's here because you claimed to have worked for 4 schools and as such had intimate knowledge of the internal workings of college programs.

Then you proceeded to give some of the most ill-informed and embarrassingly problematic opinions this side of insta. For instance, you claimed that Mullen shouldn't have been on the Top 10 list of candidates for the Florida. When you were asked to produce your list, you got your back up before finally giving a list that included two unemployed coaches AND the ONLY coach that Cheatersee turned down in its trainwreck of a coaching search.

I have no idea what you did while working at those 4 schools, but you clearly didn't learn anything or more likely, were never put in a position where you could learn anything.

Now I'll go over to the Chip Kelly thread where the entire board is beating you up over your ill-informed Less Miles comments. He's another of those unemployed coaches that you wanted before Mullen LMAO!

Well you shouldn't be. You claimed that your opinion was better than anyone else's here because you claimed to have worked for 4 schools and as such had intimate knowledge of the internal workings of college programs.

Then you proceeded to give some of the most ill-informed and embarrassingly problematic opinions this side of insta. For instance, you claimed that Mullen shouldn't have been on the Top 10 list of candidates for the Florida. When you were asked to produce your list, you got your back up before finally giving a list that included two unemployed coaches AND the ONLY coach that Cheatersee turned down in its trainwreck of a coaching search.

I have no idea what you did while working at those 4 schools, but you clearly didn't learn anything or more likely, were never put in a position where you could learn anything.

Now I'll go over to the Chip Kelly thread where the entire board is beating you up over your ill-informed Less Miles comments. He's another of those unemployed coaches that you wanted before Mullen LMAO!

Your assumptions in this post is pretty much what I would expect. When I said you were clueless, I was being polite. You didn't always seem this prissy. What went wrong? Did you not get the call you expected? I heard you had your hopes up. I guess everything went well up to the point you started to talk and tell them what you know or at least what you thought you knew. You should have sat there on your knees and tried to look pretty. Like I've always said Mr. Under-Secretary, use your talents.

Your assumptions in this post is pretty much what I would expect. When I said you were clueless, I was being polite. You didn't always seem this prissy. What went wrong? Did you not get the call you expected? I heard you had your hopes up. I guess everything went well up to the point you started to talk and tell them what you know or at least what you thought you knew. You should have sat there on your knees and tried to look pretty. Like I've always said Mr. Under-Secretary, use your talents.

What does any of this emotional diarrhea have to do with your list of Top 10 candidates that should have been hired before Mullen?

What does any of this emotional diarrhea have to do with your list of Top 10 candidates that should have been hired before Mullen?
You asked for my Top 10. I gave you 10+ that were equal to or better than Mullen at $6MM. I imagine any moment now you are going to reappear under Obvious Lee or another one of your user names touting the same list as your own. Same old story with you, just a different user name. You seem a little confused and flustered. Try to get some sleep. BTW, that emotional diarrhea is your life man. Be strong. It can only get better for you.

Any of them been SEC coaches for the last 13 consecutive years?
Any of them have 2 BCS-NC's as an SEC OC?
Any of them recruit offensive players of Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin quality?
crickets.jpg

Any of them have 2 BCS-NC's as an SEC OC?
Any of them recruit offensive players of Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin quality?
crickets.jpg

Miles has an NC as a head coach and recruited ODB, Jarvis Landry, Fournette, etc...

What are the top 10 coaches that were available to to hire that is better than Mullen? Les Miles? LMAO.

Funny thing was he said they should have considered Less, but today he claimed Less isn't coaching cause he's too old LOL

The reason why he's not coaching has nothing to do with age or a buyout. He's just not a good coach.

Miles has an NC as a head coach and recruited ODB, Jarvis Landry, Fournette, etc...

So, the simple answer that you've avoided is NO! -- o_O

Miles (2005 - 2016 LSU)
On September 25, 2016, it was reported by multiple sources that LSU had fired Miles and OC Cam Cameron after a 18–13 loss to Auburn the previous day and a 2–2 start to begin the 2016 season.

Note:
Allegations of Misconduct at Oklahoma State - 2001 - 2005 (see S.I.)
However, slick-less never had anything pinned on him there.

PS
Dan Mullen was NOT fired from MsSt, and he could have likely stayed there until he retired... :cool:

Last edited:
So, the simple answer that you've avoided is NO! -- o_O

Miles (2005 - 2016 LSU)
On September 25, 2016, it was reported by multiple sources that LSU had fired Miles and OC Cam Cameron after a 18–13 loss to Auburn the previous day and a 2–2 start to begin the 2016 season.

Note:
Allegations of Misconduct at Oklahoma State - 2001 - 2005 (see S.I.)
However, slick-less never had anything pinned on him there.

PS
Dan Mullen was NOT fired from MsSt, and he could have likely stayed there until he retired... :cool:

3* Dan was on the hot seat 2016 and almost got lopped :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sure he was... o_O
Being that he's the only coach in MsSt History to take MsSt to 8 consecutive Bowl games, while going 6-2 in those 8 bowls. :cool:

You instead had Big Game Bob, he almost never saw a big game that he couldn't find a way to Choke-la-homo on... :oops:

So you replaced him with another Big Game Choker....
UGA 54 - 48 Choke-la-homo's... :D:p:D

Last edited:
PS

And likely would have considering his only offers in 9 years was UT, that no one was taking and ours.

True statement.

Really? Stop being an idiot. He’s never been on the hot seat at Miss St. He was the best coach they’ve ever had.

There was a thread on MSU site stating "It's Happening!!!!", so it must be true.:D:D

https://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/10/08/dan-mullen-just-put-hot-seat/

Larry Coker has won an NC as well. There are quite a few coaches that are average to below average that have won an NC. Miles is right in line with the Chizik’s and Coker’s of the world.

This is a silly comparison. Look at their career records. Chizik is like 38 and 38 lifetime. He lucked into an all time talent transferring to Auburn. Coker fell backwards into the most talented roster in NCAA history and fell off a cliff after 3 years. He was .500 after at University of Texas San Antonio. Miles is 100 games over .500 at two power 5 schools, won the SEC twice and won the West 3 times. By the national title, he was coaching his players. He has one of the best records against top 25 opponents in NCAA history.

You can say Miles just kept the momentum going that Saban built, but it’s not like that’s automatic. Ask Ron Zook.

Coker fell backwards into the most talented roster in NCAA history and fell off a cliff after 3 years.

That's not much different from Miles.

He inherited the 2nd most talented team in the country in 2005. His first 8 seasons he won 2 SEC titles and a NC.

His last four seasons he was 29-13 and never finished above 3rd in the West, and got fired.

Also worth noting that at OSU he peaked at 9-4 in 2003, and went 7-5 in 2004. Getting 7 wins in the Big 12 isn't that impressive, is it?

But the telling thing is....he left LSU in worse shape than he found it. LSU was #5 in the nation when he took over in 2005.

They were 2-2 and unranked when he was fired in 2016.

If Miles had been hired at Miss State in 2005 instead of LSU, I think he would have been fired after 4 seasons with a .500 record.

That's not much different from Miles.

He inherited the 2nd most talented team in the country in 2005. His first 8 seasons he won 2 SEC titles and a NC.

His last four seasons he was 29-13 and never finished above 3rd in the West, and got fired.

Also worth noting that at OSU he peaked at 9-4 in 2003, and went 7-5 in 2004. Getting 7 wins in the Big 12 isn't that impressive, is it?

But the telling thing is....he left LSU in worse shape than he found it. LSU was #5 in the nation when he took over in 2005.

They were 2-2 and unranked when he was fired in 2016.

If Miles had been hired at Miss State in 2005 instead of LSU, I think he would have been fired after 4 seasons with a .500 record.

He won the SECW and played in the championship game seven years in. He was 39-16, playing in the SECW after that point (.710 winning percentage). Six years in, Coker was 7-6 at Miami. His next year coaching, he was 4-6 at University of Texas San Antonio. He finished at UTSA 26-32.

I'm not saying Miles is a great coach, or that he was a better candidate than Mullen (he wasn't), but comparing him to Coker and Chizik is silly.

He won the SECW and played in the championship game seven years in. He was 39-16, playing in the SECW after that point (.710 winning percentage). Six years in, Coker was 7-6 at Miami. His next year coaching, he was 4-6 at University of Texas San Antonio. He finished at UTSA 26-32.

I'm not saying Miles is a great coach, or that he was a better candidate than Mullen (he wasn't), but comparing him to Coker and Chizik is silly.

He's better than Cheesy and Coker, but he's not an great coach.

BTW interesting footnote: If you take the Louisiana recruits that Saban signed and give them to LSU, Miles has about 6 #1 classes in a row.

This is a silly comparison. Look at their career records. Chizik is like 38 and 38 lifetime. He lucked into an all time talent transferring to Auburn. Coker fell backwards into the most talented roster in NCAA history and fell off a cliff after 3 years. He was .500 after at University of Texas San Antonio. Miles is 100 games over .500 at two power 5 schools, won the SEC twice and won the West 3 times. By the national title, he was coaching his players. He has one of the best records against top 25 opponents in NCAA history.

You can say Miles just kept the momentum going that Saban built, but it’s not like that’s automatic. Ask Ron Zook.
I agree he’s better than Chizik and Coker but I still think Miles is just an average coach. I can’t get over the fact he had the state of Louisiana all to himself and could never muster up anything that resembles an offense.

Last edited:
Yeah and that makes a whole lot of sense. Let’s fire the best coach we have ever had in our entire football history. Didn’t Bob Stoops show up on quite a few “hot seat” lists as well during his time at Chokelahoma?
Exactly. And have you met Mr. Les Miles? Bobby Bowden? Mark Richt? It's how fans react when they don't win championships soon or often enough. Doesn't make them bad coaches.

Richt was able to get another job no problem. Wonder why Less can't?
How many times does the question have to be answered. I can imagine you driving in a roundabout with your blinker on and going around and around and around and...

Why didn't Coach Spurrier have a coaching job between October 2015 and recently?

Exactly. And have you met Mr. Les Miles? Bobby Bowden? Mark Richt? It's how fans react when they don't win championships soon or often enough. Doesn't make them bad coaches.

As opposed to the fans that are saying a coach isn't even among the 10 best candidates before he has even coached a down? LOL

How many times does the question have to be answered. I can imagine you driving in a roundabout with your blinker on and going around and around and around and...

Why didn't Coach Spurrier have a coaching job between October 2015 and recently?

Well you supposedly worked for him for years, didn't he tell you? LMAO!

I'll help: Well when he left SC he was pushing 70, so it's likely that other jobs thought he wouldn't be able to coach much longer.

Plus, he left SC early on in the season, with no warning. That left SC in a lurch for that season, and I'm sure other jobs noted that.

Finally, the job he took is with an upstart league that wants to challenge the NFL. Clearly not a job you take if you are fielding multiple offers LOL

So logically.....it appears he didn't coach for the same reason Les isn't, cause no one wants him. Less has made it clear he wants to coach again, yet he's sitting at home picking his nose.

Not too hard to connect the dots here, sparky.

As opposed to the fans that are saying a coach isn't even among the 10 best candidates before he has even coached a down? LOL
Same as fans saying a coach is thee best candidate or thee best fit. It's all subjective. It's why there are forums for such discussions. It almost seems like you have this perceived personal relationship with him. Should Dan be concerned?

Well you supposedly worked for him for years, didn't he tell you? LMAO!

I'll help: Well when he left SC he was pushing 70, so it's likely that other jobs thought he wouldn't be able to coach much longer.

Plus, he left SC early on in the season, with no warning. That left SC in a lurch for that season, and I'm sure other jobs noted that.

Finally, the job he took is with an upstart league that wants to challenge the NFL. Clearly not a job you take if you are fielding multiple offers LOL

So logically.....it appears he didn't coach for the same reason Les isn't, cause no one wants him. Less has made it clear he wants to coach again, yet he's sitting at home picking his nose.

Not too hard to connect the dots here, sparky.
Actually, I have had the conversation with him. He said he would accept another coaching position if the right one came along. He is in great health, but didn't want to be bothered with the year round demands of college coaching. He would actually love to be an OC, but understands it creates an awkward situation. The perfect position as he sees it popped up for him and no doubt he will do well. He has several more years of good coaching left in him.
Les got fired. Maybe Les went hunting or fishing the next day and thought hey I can see myself doing this for a few years or maybe for the rest of my life. I am collecting almost $10MM to hunt and fish. Maybe Les has been contacted already and said thanks, but no thanks. Maybe Les got bad news from the doctors. Maybe Les's phone hasn't been ringing, which normally isn't the case with a coach with his credentials and in all probability isn't the case here.

Actually, I have had the conversation with him. He said he would accept another coaching position if the right one came along.

Funny how when you're 73, bored with playing golf that suddenly......a call from a league that will be out of business in 2 years becomes the 'right' call LOL

Funny how when you're 73, bored with playing golf that suddenly......a call from a league that will be out of business in 2 years becomes the 'right' call LOL
Well as we learned with Mike, 73, 63 or even 53, live it to the fullest. Answer that phone. When you leave the work force late in life, there is only one last major event left.

And if Tua starts the NC game, Bama wins by 30. That's what Georgia fans fail to see.

You better worry about staying ahead of Florida and Mullen, that will be tough enough.
He fails to see it because it’s false. Had Tua been the starter then Georgia would have prepared differently. Tua was like the rookie pitcher that hitters had never seen and gets a ton of strikeouts as a result. But now there’s film.

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
3* Dans seat was a little warm TNLizzerd :eek::D

While out in the dust-bowl has-been Big12/10, coaches are safe as long as they don't kill the president... :rolleyes:

Out there, they expect their coaches to CHOKE-la-homo on the big ones, unlike the SEC fans... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT