ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

lol Mullen is on course for a pathetic 2nd class that will be like 7th in the SEC.

Mullen's first small (18) class had 14 four stars and 4 three stars. (3.78)
To that excellent group, (best 1st class in UF history), he added these players:

2018 Class Late Additions: (not included in recruit class rankings) :cool:

DE/DT Adam Shuler II 6-4 270 rsJr ****- Longwood, FL (WVa Grad-xfer)
WVa - 24 Gms - 67 Tkls, 9 TFL, 4 Sacks, 1 FR

WR Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr **** - EE Fr All SEC (Ms xfer)
~ 8-2-18 Cleared by NCAA to play in 2018
~ 8-13-18 Also cleared to play in 2018 by SEC

TE/DE Lucas Krull 6-7 255 rsSo **** - Shawnee, Kan - JuCo xfer
2 year Juco Grad that still has 3 years of eligibility to play.

WR Trevon Grimes 6-4 202 So ***** - EE (tOSU xfer, now 6-5 217)

#1 LS Marco Ortiz 6-5 230 *****- A Rubio 5 Star - P-WO

ILB Umstead Sanders 6-2 240 Jr *** - Juco xfer - P-WO

Ath/WR Jaylin Jackson 5-8 171 ** (30-5 as a starting QB-dt, CB, KR)

Offers: UK, ColoSt, AF, Army, GaSt, but chose P-WO at UF instead.

Bringing his 2018 actual class up to 25 total:
with 2 five stars, 17 four stars, and 5 three stars, plus an under-rated P-WO 2.
The only thing that's pathetic in all of this is the 'fevered' drivel of a clueless twit. :confused:

Well, actually there is another pathetic twit with his 3 star head-nailed-to-da-flor... :D

===========

Aug 1st seals you fate as far as getting a decent Rivals SEC class...

And I G-a-S about Rival$ Camp$ class rankings,,, why??? :rolleyes:

Aug. 1st might mean something for well established coaches at Power 5 schools.

Aug. 1st means very little imo, for a transition (new) coach that has yet to play a game at his new school. I've said before, that Oct 1st (5 games played) is when you will begin to see the coaching results on the field, and then the results in recruiting will begin to manifest themselves in the quality of additional commits.

Nothing before ESD is locked in stone, flips happen all the time. o_O
Ath/OLB Diwun Black 6-4 230 - Forest, MS (247-#3 ILB - E-#4 OLB ****)
Offers: UF 100% - Ark, AU, Ms, MsSt, TN - TX, USCw -- Ole Miss Flip - 8-2-18

And after that, the next date to become locked in stone is NSD. But even then, things can change and improve during the off season, as Dan has demonstrated with his 2018 late additions. o_O

Somebody needs to quit being the 'turd-n-the-punch-bowl' and get back to being a Gator fan,,, if he ever really was... :cool:

Last edited:
I think the Aug 1 date was cited in an article a few weeks back. I could be wrong but the date was cited as being about the point where you knew the % of blue chips that would be in the class. It was a good indicator, not the final word.

Basically about Aug 1 you'd know about the how class would end up - it wasn't the end all stat but was being cited to compare where your class was at that point.

Then there are those Janurary All Star games and later February NSD announcements where the prospect lines the hats on the table.

Last edited:
Honestly the only dates that really matter is the Early Signing Period and NSD. That is when it really matters.

And proof of this last year when guys like Chatfield and Langham weren’t even mentioned until less than a week until NSD.

Gator Fever said:

Do you ever bother to look into the facts for yourself, or just parrot out the drivel of others?
(rhetorical) :rolleyes:

2018 Recruits / Players, Post August 1st Commit dates:

2-7-18
WR Jacob Copeland ****
OLB/DE Andrew Chatfield ****
DE Malik Langham ****

1-30-18 - OL Griffin McDowell ***

12-20-17
QB-dt Emory Jones ****
FS/CB Trey Dean ****

12-19-17 - OL Noah Banks ****

12-17-17 - FS Johnathan Huggins ****

12-10-17 - #1 K Evan McPherson

11-29-17 - OT Chris Bleich ***

10-20-17 - OT Richard Gouraige ****

08-06-17 RB Dameon Pierce ****

And that doesn't include the 7 additions not listed in the (18) class.
(2*****, 3 ****, 1***, 1** (3 - #1 LS, ILB, WR/Ath, are P-WO's)
============

And already for the 2019 Class:

08-13-18 CB Chester Kimbrough ****

08-02-18 Diwun Black ****

Gator Fever said:

Do you ever bother to look into the facts for yourself, or just parrot out the drivel of others?
(rhetorical) :rolleyes:

2018 Recruits / Players, Post August 1st Commit dates:

2-7-18
WR Jacob Copeland ****
OLB/DE Andrew Chatfield ****
DE Malik Langham ****

1-30-18 - OL Griffin McDowell ***

12-20-17
QB-dt Emory Jones ****
FS/CB Trey Dean ****

12-19-17 - OL Noah Banks ****

12-17-17 - FS Johnathan Huggins ****

12-10-17 - #1 K Evan McPherson

11-29-17 - OT Chris Bleich ***

10-20-17 - OT Richard Gouraige ****

08-06-17 RB Dameon Pierce ****

And that doesn't include the 7 additions not listed in the (18) class.
(2*****, 3 ****, 1***, 1** (3 - #1 LS, ILB, WR/Ath, are P-WO's)
============

And already for the 2019 Class:

08-13-18 CB Chester Kimbrough ****

08-02-18 Diwun Black ****

We actually were like 12th in Rivals rankings on Aug 1st but got the coaching change stuff resulting in a bunch of changes. Mullen seems to do better recruiting the less contact he has with recruits looking at how his 2nd and 3rd classes went at Miss State compared to his first and how his 2nd class is coming along here. Heck he did his best work here with only a couple of weeks before early signing day where the recruits didn't have much time with him in the recruiting process..

We actually were like 12th in Rivals rankings on Aug 1st but got the coaching change stuff resulting in a bunch of changes. Mullen seems to do better recruiting the less contact he has with recruits looking at how his 2nd and 3rd classes went at Miss State compared to his first and how his 2nd class is coming along here. Heck he did his best work here with only a couple of weeks before early signing day where the recruits didn't have much time with him in the recruiting process..

I don't agree with you at all fever, but I'm nobody important in the scheme of things. :cool:
Let's just see what some others that are important say about it... o_O

2019 QB-dt Jalon Jones:
“Coach Mullen is just an all-around great guy,” he said. “He’s somebody that I can talk to and I feel like he understands me whenever we talk. He’s going to bring the tradition of winning championship back to Florida."

Mullen seemed like he were always in the driver’s seat for Jones and he didn’t make it a secret that he was interested in following coach Mullen from Mississippi State to Gainesville. Mullen has done a great job in the past developing quarterbacks with similar skill sets to Jones. This is a great situation for both Florida and Jones because he does have the tools to succeed at Florida but Jones is also a vocal leader at one of the best high school programs in the country. Being able to command respect and lead a team like St. Frances should make it very easy for Jones to do the same at Florida.
=====

2020 QB-dt Anthony Richardson:
“Just talking with all the coaches, getting to know them and getting a feel for everything,” Richardson told GN regarding what played into his decision to commit to Florida. “It just felt like home and it made me think that this is where I want to be in the future.”

Another big factor for Richardson was his relationship with Florida head coach Dan Mullen. “Our relationship is good, it’s building and getting stronger,” Richardson said. “He’s a really cool and funny guy. He’s cool to be around and he will joke with you, but he will also tell you how everything is.”

Still trying to be the 'fevered up' turd in the punchbowl... :oops:

PS
Another large part of recruiting that is often overlooked, is who Dan Mullen could recruit to come to UF to work and/or coach with him. I think that Mullen's total staff recruiting was excellent, from his Co-OC's, to his DC, to his position coaches, to the S&C staff, and right on down the line to the equipment guys.

Last edited:
I don't agree with you at all fever, but I'm nobody important in the scheme of things. :cool:
Let's just see what some others that are important say about it... o_O

2019 QB-dt Jalon Jones:
“Coach Mullen is just an all-around great guy,” he said. “He’s somebody that I can talk to and I feel like he understands me whenever we talk. He’s going to bring the tradition of winning championship back to Florida."

Mullen seemed like he were always in the driver’s seat for Jones and he didn’t make it a secret that he was interested in following coach Mullen from Mississippi State to Gainesville. Mullen has done a great job in the past developing quarterbacks with similar skill sets to Jones. This is a great situation for both Florida and Jones because he does have the tools to succeed at Florida but Jones is also a vocal leader at one of the best high school programs in the country. Being able to command respect and lead a team like St. Frances should make it very easy for Jones to do the same at Florida.
=====

Well I do like what I have seen from Jalon Jones on tape.

To that excellent group, (best 1st class in UF history), he added these players:

with 2 five stars, 17 four stars, and 5 three stars, plus an under-rated P-WO 2.
The only thing that's pathetic in all of this is the 'fevered' drivel of a clueless twit. :confused:

Well, actually there is another pathetic twit with his 3 star head-nailed-to-da-flor... :D

===========

Aug. 1st means very little imo, for a transition (new) coach that has yet to play a game at his new school. I've said before, that Oct 1st (5 games played) is when you will begin to see the coaching results on the field, and then the results in recruiting will begin to manifest themselves in the quality of additional commits.

And after that, the next date to become locked in stone is NSD. But even then, things can change and improve during the off season, as Dan has demonstrated with his 2018 late additions. o_O

Somebody needs to quit being the 'turd-n-the-punch-bowl' and get back to being a Gator fan,,, if he ever really was... :cool:

Well, actually there is another pathetic twit with his 3 star head-nailed-to-da-flor...
:D

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

# 33 :eek::D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Nailed heads and dog-pokers laugh all the way to NSD, then they disappear again until the next 'talking season' rolls around. Then they come back again to drool and laugh some more.
Typical... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Saw this posted - Florida Rivals blue chippers as of now:

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1
------------------------------

People are saying the Gators have departed ways with Cordell Landers, assistant director of player personnel. He was the one coordinating this California dreaming recruiting strategy that has been a joke this year.

If true hopefully its a sign Mullen realizes changes need to be made.

Last edited:
Reactions: nail1988

Yep you were probably hoping he doesn't so we continue to bring in substandard classes. That is pathetic Arkansas,Oregon,Clemson and Georgia have more state of Florida Rivals blue chipper recruits than we do right now. I think its a good sign he is feeling some pressure about the crappy recruiting now and that California dreaming nonsense was getting brought up a lot.

Saw this posted - Florida Rivals blue chippers as of now:

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1
------------------------------

People are saying the Gators have departed ways with Cordell Landers, assistant director of player personnel. He was the one coordinating this California dreaming recruiting strategy that has been a joke this year.

If true hopefully its a sign Mullen realizes changes need to be made.

Don’t forget the dustbowl chokers we have ( 1 ) top 250 CB out of miamI

40 of the last 44 dawg commitments have been 4* or better... let that sink in fever:eek:

Remember instants recruiting philosophy it will make you feel better:p

Classes don't matter at all, so nobody should care where some twit rates them.
InstaFail post made 12/04/2016 regarding Florida football recruiting

:D:D

Nah, just waiting till he actually SIGNS a bad class before I cry about it. Not that hard to do if you're a realist.

Nope a realist knows we are getting a substandard class already looking at things. My guess is you will be on here spinning after early signing day and the final signing day that somehow a class that is like 7th in the SEC and 17th or so nationally is up to standards.

For Dan to have 'another' sub-standard at UF, he'd have had to already had one to begin with. :rolleyes:
As to 2019 -- ESD & NSD -- Until then, drool away... :confused:

Well, actually there is another pathetic twit with his 3 star head-nailed-to-da-flor...
:D
===========

And I can repost reality as often as you can whine and snivel... o_O

Nope a realist knows we are getting a substandard class already looking at things. My guess is you will be on here spinning after early signing day and the final signing day that somehow a class that is like 7th in the SEC and 17th or so nationally is up to standards.

First NSD is 4 months away. There's nothing to look at and nothing to judge.

Realists know this.

A&M has the #3 class in the entire country and they're #3 in the SEC. So the "X class in the SEC" thing doesn't really mean much given how SEC teams are recruiting right now. UF could finish with a class that's 5th in the SEC and still be in the top 10 nationally. If you're in the top 10 assuming your coaches are worth a damn you'll have enough to win with. From there it's development and coaching.

I think it's odd that you just look at the ranking and not the wualitu numbers.

A&M has the #3 class in the entire country and they're #3 in the SEC. So the "X class in the SEC" thing doesn't really mean much given how SEC teams are recruiting right now. UF could finish with a class that's 5th in the SEC and still be in the top 10 nationally. If you're in the top 10 assuming your coaches are worth a damn you'll have enough to win with. From there it's development and coaching.

We aren't getting a Rivals top 10 class not even close I would think. I would be shocked if that was to happen. 10th or so would be good enough with real good development not to lose a ton of ground to Georgia etc. Its crazy how in just 3 years that situation has changed so much. Muschamp actually beat Georgia in recruiting rankings 2 out of 4 years and was basically even with them in his final recruiting class.

Last edited:
Screw the rival recruit rankings, and the 'fevered twit' with his 'rival troll friend fans' that road in on it... :confused:

BTW - ESPN 10 ****'s and 2 ***'s so far, months before any rankings might matter, if they ever do. Players that fit the schools requirements first, and then fit the coaches system matter, not somebody on the outside's opinionated rankings. :cool:

We aren't getting a Rivals top 10 class not even close IO would think. I would be shocked if that was to happen. 10th or so would be good enough with real good development not to lose a ton of ground to Georgia etc. Its crazy how in just 3 years that situation has changed so much. Muschamp actually beat Georgia in recruiting rankings 2 out of 4 years and was basically even with them in his final recruiting class.

Figured as much.

What this all boils down to is you are only looking at Georgia and comparing Mullen's recruiting to Kirby's.

You are always going to be severely disappointed then. Kirby is an elite recruiter, Mullen is not. Urban being at Florida would likely still mean Kirby would get a better class than Florida.

You need to stop worrying about Georgia or any other team. As long as Mullen continues to sign players that meet your needs, everything will be fine.

Hey we have increased 4 spots since your last prediction of 21st. It’s good that you move the goal posts to cover yourself.

Mullen 2018 Recruits with a few of their other Offers:

#4 ILB/SS David Reese - UGly (FSU-Mia-Mich)
#6 QB-dt Emory Jones - UGly-TN (Clem-FSU-tOSU)
#7 SS/OLB Amari Burney - TN (FSU-Mis-Mich-tOSU-VaT)
#8 OT Richard Gouraige - UGly-TN (Clem-FSU-Mia-Mich-tOSU-USC)
#9 RB Iverson Clement - TN (Mich-tOSU-VaT)
#12 TE Kyle Pitts - UGly-TN (Mia-tOSU-OK-UCLA-VaT)
#13 RB Dameon Pierce - UA-UGly-LSU (Clem-FSU-Mich-Stan)
#14 FS Trey Dean - UA-UGly-TN (ND-OK)
#18 OLB/DE Andrew Chatfield - LSU-TN (FSU-Mia-ND-tOSU)
#19 DE Malik langham - UA-UGly-TN
#24 WR Jacob Copeland - UA-UGA-LSU-TN-aTm

Mullen 2019 Recruits with a few of their other Offers:

#3 ILB Diwun Black - TN
#7 QB-dt Jalon Jones - UA (tOSU-Clem)
#7 OLB Tyron Hopper - UA-TN
#12 DT Jaelin humphries - UGly-LSU-TN
#18 OG Riley Simonds - UA-LSU-aTm
#20 CB Chester Kimbrough - UA-UGly
#28 OLB Jesiah Pierre - UGly
#31 Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston - TN

It's just too bad that the chump Mullen can't recruit a lick... :rolleyes:

Figured as much.

What this all boils down to is you are only looking at Georgia and comparing Mullen's recruiting to Kirby's.

You are always going to be severely disappointed then. Kirby is an elite recruiter, Mullen is not. Urban being at Florida would likely still mean Kirby would get a better class than Florida.

You need to stop worrying about Georgia or any other team. As long as Mullen continues to sign players that meet your needs, everything will be fine.

I am comparing it to our own conference and it looks like we are on track to be a joke 7th or so in a 14 team conference. That will not get you even a remote chance to win the conference in the SEC. I like you find this crappy recruiting funny however to tell us everything is fine.

Hey we have increased 4 spots since your last prediction of 21st. It’s good that you move the goal posts to cover yourself.

Nope I give a range doing that but if you want to hold me to an actual prediction I will take all bets we don't finish better than a 17th Rivals class.

State of Florida Rivals blue chippers as of now:

Undecided - 23
FSU - 9
Miami - 7
Arkansas - 2
Oregon - 2
Clemson - 2
Georgia - 2
Florida - 1

Fev is a little heavy on the doom and gloom. I don’t remember his take when Mullen was hired, but I get the sense he didn’t like the hire. But he is correct that the current state of our recruiting is butt. I think eventually Mullen will consistently pull top 10 classes, which will be good enough (and should really be the floor for any competent coach at UF). But it’s not pretty right now.

Fev is a little heavy on the doom and gloom. I don’t remember his take when Mullen was hired, but I get the sense he didn’t like the hire. But he is correct that the current state of our recruiting is butt. I think eventually Mullen will consistently pull top 10 classes, which will be good enough (and should really be the floor for any competent coach at UF). But it’s not pretty right now.
It's not pretty, but what's the point repeating the same ol story every single day...all day long?

Its crazy how in just 3 years that situation has changed so much. Muschamp actually beat Georgia in recruiting rankings 2 out of 4 years and was basically even with them in his final recruiting class.

Not that it matters but who cares... Muschamp won one game vs UGA and then the mediocre recruiter McElwain only lost one to UGA.

Have you accomplished what you set out to accomplish posting the same song since like June (or earlier)?

Reactions: instaGATOR

I was big time I didn't want him hired but recruiting ability was never even a thought with that belief. I wanted Norvell when the 2 bigger targets had fell through. I went into a wait and see mode on him once it was a done deal and I would be ragging on any coach recruiting like this at UF in their 2nd class like I did some with Mac and his 14th or so ranked 2nd class. I probably wont worry about it quite as much during the season but its not me just hating Mac as I have said several times I won't blame him for an 8-4 or a 7-5 record due to the QB situation.

Not that it matters but who cares... Muschamp won one game vs UGA and then the mediocre recruiter McElwain only lost one to UGA.

Have you accomplished what you set out to accomplish posting the same song since like June (or earlier)?

With Muschamp's defenders and then turned to straight crap when many of those guys moved on.

Hey 'fevered-fool,' since you know the class ranking for 2019, could you do me a big favor and post the exact list of HS recruits that Mullen is going to sign? Thanks ahead, as I'm sure the full and complete list is right there at your finger-tips. o_O

I was big time I didn't want him hired but recruiting ability was never even a thought with that belief. I wanted Norvell when the 2 bigger targets had fell through. I went into a wait and see mode on him once it was a done deal and I would be ragging on any coach recruiting like this at UF in their 2nd class like I did some with Mac and his 14th or so ranked 2nd class. I probably wont worry about it quite as much during the season but its not me just hating Mac as I have said several times I won't blame him for an 8-4 or a 7-5 record due to the QB situation.
Norvell has had a knack for developing talent as well as having an eye for certain players who skipped under the radar.

Why do you think he would be some exceptional recruiter?

Norvell has had a knack for developing talent as well as having an eye for certain players who skipped under the radar.

Why do you think he would be some exceptional recruiter?

Like with Mullen I wasn't even thinking about their recruiting ability but you have to be able to do that to be good at a school like that. Also the wear and tear in these bigger conferences requires more stockpiling of good talent. I have never looked at his recruiting but I heard he wasn't bad for a non power 5 school.

The 'fevered' trademark is this:

Ignore all of the relevant facts (2018 class), while continuing to spew a constant flow of irrelevant and/or too early conclusions about the 2019 class. When all else fails, throw more buckets full of confetti into the air.

Tiring, boring, and headed straight to the moronic... zzzzzzzzzz

Pretty sure that a troll has no hazard, but certainly is a wannabe beggar on the 'attention-seeker' circuit. :confused:

The 'fevered' trademark is this:

Ignore all of the relevant facts (2018 class), while continuing to spew a constant flow of irrelevant and/or too early conclusions about the 2019 class. When all else fails, throw more buckets full of confetti into the air.

Tiring, boring, and headed straight to the moronic... zzzzzzzzzz

3* Dans Rivals Rankings 2018 class #18 ( fact ) :eek::rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT