ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
After dogging the possible hiring of Dan Mullen with a passion due to his mediocre SEC record as a head coach and his crazy terrible win/loss ratio against fellow ranked teams I was willing to give him some benefit of the doubt because obviously I had no other choice really as a Gator fan.

I decided to look into his recruiting a little at MSU and there are definitely some red flags there. Mullen had a better first class there on the shortened schedule than he did for like 6 years afterwards. That is pretty rare for a coach in the SEC to have a better time shortened first class than his 2nd class where he has much more time to work on it. His classes got worse not better the first few years he was at MSU.

Mullen's head of recruiting at UF had a grand total of one Rivals blue chipper in 9 years at the position he was responsible for (RB). I do notice MSU seems to try to do the group credit on recruiting as he is mentioned on other position blue chip recruits but Rivals leaves the recruiter spot blank usually on MSU's recruits. Not sure how a team in Miss would assign recruiters compared to a team in FL.

Mullen is currently on track for a joke recruiting class in the teens at most and is eyeballing an embarrassing 7th place or so finish in the SEC in a best case scenario.

I can't believe we are staring at this again after the Mac disaster and all the other big football schools in the south with new coaches are heading to or have had good 2nd classes except for Mac recently.

Sorry but having a good S&C program will not overcome crappy recruiting in the SEC. It takes a real special QB to be able to overcome years of crappy recruiting to have any chance of actually winning the SEC.

Last edited:
UF has a really crappy incumbent QB in Franks.
UF has a really crappy SEC loser new HC in Dan.

UF also has a bozo loser fan raggin' on recruiting before a season has even been played.
Tell us all Bozo, what is your pre-DIC-tion for the 2018 win/loss record, and which teams does he lose to? Also, his final 2019 recruit class ranking by each of the several recruiting services, since none of them every agree on a ranking... :cool:

Come on now, step out there and show me what you really know about it... o_O

UF also has a bozo loser fan raggin' on recruiting before a season has even been played.
Tell us all Bozo, what is your pre-DIC-tion for the 2018 win/loss record, and which teams does he lose to? Also, his final 2019 recruit class ranking by each of the several recruiting services, since none of them every agree on a ranking... :cool:

I held fire a little until this recruiting disaster started rearing its ugly head. I don't want to be late to the party this time like I was with Muschamp and Mac and I did say this would be a bad hire I thought prior to him actually being hired.

He better pull a mini miracle after FNL or this class is destined to be a mediocre class mid-pack in the SEC.

His only chance to survive will be to get a couple of good recruiters in here on staff. His first mistake was not trying to keep Seider.

Insta, as far as our win loss record goes on our comparatively favorable schedule this year - I would say 8-4 is the likely ceiling and 7-5 or 8-4 will be our record most likely. We wont hit 9-3 unless the ball really bounces our way in turnovers etc.

Saturday
Sep. 1
charleston-southern1.png
Charleston Southern Buccaneers (W)

Sep. 8 Kentucky Wildcats (?)

Sep. 15 Colorado State Rams (W)
Sep. 22 at Tennessee Volunteers (?)
Sep. 29 at Mississippi State Bulldogs (L)
Oct. 6 LSU Tigers (L)
Oct. 13 at Vanderbilt Commodores (W)
Oct. 27 Georgia Bulldogs (L)
Nov. 3 Missouri Tigers (HC) (W)
Nov. 10 South Carolina Gamecocks (?)
Nov. 17 Idaho Vandals (W)
Nov. 24 at Florida State Seminoles (L)
--------------------------------

Insta,

My guess is we lose those 4 games and will also lose one game out of SC, TN and KY leading to a 7-5 record give or take a loss.

:) --- Nuttin' personal here... ;)

Fevered and starring into his cloudy crystal ball.... :confused:

Knows all about 'destiny' and is willing to share his 'reality' with me... :D

Dan should have never been hired. -- Please fire/replace him soon.
Dan will never succeed as the Gator HC.
Him nor his staff can recruit a lick (please ignore the 2018 class and never bring it up). :rolleyes:
Ignore that we are currently a full season and 6 months away from even the ESD. :cool:
Also ignore that even if he had 25 verbals right now, that verbal are only worth the paper that they are NOT written on... :eek:
BTW - Weren't about half of those k-9's from SFL, and most were Seider/Shannon disciples? o_O

But hey, just for fun, I'll play along this time with my own W-a-G's. ;)

The ESPN Recruit Ranking will finish on NSD in the Top 10.
Since you used a span for W/L, so will I.
IF Franks is the starter, 6-6 with a +/- of 2, (4-8 to 8-4 if the D can carry them).
IF it's Trask and/or Jones, then 8-4 with a +/- of 2 (6-6 to 10-2) WLOCP decides SECe.

IF Franks starts on Sept 1st, I don't think he lasts past the UK game, 6-7 wins.
IF Trask/Jones starts on Sept 1st, then 9-10 wins.

Best chance to lose games: MsSt - UGA - FSUcks
Almost sure win: ChSt, UK - VU - ID
All the rest are 50/50's with many depends, (injuries, officials, etc)

PS

IF I'm badly incorrect, then my 'positive sauce' on it will keep the crow dinner from being to tough or bitter to get down... :cool:

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
:) --- Nuttin' personal here... ;)

Fevered and starring into his cloudy crystal ball.... :confused:

Knows all about 'destiny' and is willing to share his 'reality' with me... :D

Dan should have never been hired. -- Please fire/replace him soon.
Dan will never succeed as the Gator HC.
Him nor his staff can recruit a lick (please ignore the 2018 class and never bring it up). :rolleyes:
Ignore that we are currently a full season and 6 months away from even the ESD. :cool:
Also ignore that even if he had 25 verbals right now, that verbal are only worth the paper that they are NOT written on... :eek:
BTW - Weren't about half of those k-9's from SFL, and most were Seider/Shannon disciples? o_O

But hey, just for fun, I'll play along this time with my own W-a-G's. ;)

The ESPN Recruit Ranking will finish on NSD in the Top 10.
Since you used a span for W/L, so will I.
IF Franks is the starter, 6-6 with a +/- of 2, (4-8 to 8-4 if the D can carry them).
IF it's Trask and/or Jones, then 8-4 with a +/- of 2 (6-6 to 10-2) WLOCP decides SECe.

IF Franks starts on Sept 1st, I don't think he lasts past the UK game, 6-7 wins.
IF Trask/Jones starts on Sept 1st, then 9-10 wins.

Best chance to lose games: MsSt - UGA - FSUcks
Almost sure win: ChSt, UK - VU - ID
All the rest are 50/50's with many depends, (injuries, officials, etc)

PS

IF I'm badly incorrect, then my 'positive sauce' on it will keep the crow dinner from being to tough or bitter to get down... :cool:

The 2018 class was a mid-pack SEC recruiting haul though not bad for a 1st class but its appearing Mullen may be falling into his MSU pattern of recruiting.

I will tell you this Insta - as far as my season predictions go since 2010 I have always guessed more wins or had the number right I think except for that 2012 season. I don't have much of a history of cutting us short on wins.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
The 2018 class was a mid-pack SEC recruiting haul though not bad for a 1st class but its appearing Mullen may be falling into his MSU pattern of recruiting.

I will tell you this Insta - as far as my season predictions go since 2010 I have always guessed more wins or had the number right I think except for that 2012 season. I don't have much of a history of cutting us short on wins.

I really want to help you out Fev, so you really should give this a read and then get back to me afterwards...
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/recruiting-analysis-dan-mullens-first-eight-months/

I really want to help you out Fev, so you really should give this a read and then get back to me afterwards...
https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/recruiting-analysis-dan-mullens-first-eight-months/

Lol - feel good nonsense for fan consumption. The same clowns are spinning now why it isn't really Mullen's fault he is heading for a crappy 2nd recruiting class. No different than the mess we got on Mac until he did his death threat lies to get out of Dodge.

Dan himself just said we are a national recruiting power and wasted all that effort in California etc. on kids he didn't land while we are getting our butts smoked in FL recruiting.

Reactions: _VolFan4675

3* Dan

# 38 Rivals ( no top 250 players ) and its almost August o_O ( 4 ) 4* and ( 7 ) 3*

MSU his old school is at #16 with the same amount of 4* ( 4 ) :eek:

sinking-ship-o.gif

If you can just off-handily dismiss the many valid points that he made in that article, then I guess I'll just leave you and the nailed-head choke-la-homo to hug and kiss about how poor Dan is as a coach and as a recruiter... :cool: -- Do enjoy yourselves with that... :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to troll but Dan Mullen is going to go the way of the last three coaches. I watched him in Mississippi and he won when expected and recruited well for the area but when it comes to what I've seen so far in Florida where he should be competing with Miami and Florida State it isn't happening. I expect 3 years and another big payout. Unless for some reason he manages to win big on the field he's gone in 3. When you looked at the strength of schedule for this year he ought to be winning 10 + games if he's truly the coach he's cracked up to be.

If you can just off-handily dismiss the many valid points that he made in that article, then I guess I'll just leave you and the nailed-head choke-la-homo to hug and kiss about how poor Dan is as a coach and as a recruiter... :cool: -- Do enjoy yourselves with that... :rolleyes:

You cant blame them for the fluff pieces I guess but Mullen has about 2 weeks to get this class where it needs to be or he is already digging his grave and will either get some real recruiters on board or wont be here more than 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: nail1988
I'm not trying to troll but Dan Mullen is going to go the way of the last three coaches. I watched him in Mississippi and he won when expected and recruited well for the area but when it comes to what I've seen so far in Florida where he should be competing with Miami and Florida State it isn't happening. I expect 3 years and another big payout. Unless for some reason he manages to win big on the field he's gone in 3. When you looked at the strength of schedule for this year he ought to be winning 10 + games if he's truly the coach he's cracked up to be.

I wouldn't care about his record this year if the recruiting was going good. Franks isnt the QB to run his offense and is lost on top of that so I never expected some 10 win season this year. The problem is this will be the 4th lackluster recruiting class in like the past 5 years and Mullen wont have those Muschamp defensive guys to lean on like Mac did his first 2 years.

In worried he might be too short and squat to recruit real good. High school kids can’t respect that.

Reactions: Bml07
Oh for gods sake....this thread....

It's the middle of July with a New HC....

Why God why

Lol you sound just like you did with the Muschamp and Mac complaints until their final years. The bottom line is this is a problem if it isn't fixed in the next 2 weeks and you can take it to the bank it will be a poor class to help get us back to where we need to be.

Mullen is bad at recruiting. Hopefully he can make up for it with player development and GameDay strategy. That's all we can do right now because we will have him here for four years at least.

Mullen is bad at recruiting. Hopefully he can make up for it with player development and GameDay strategy. That's all we can do right now because we will have him here for four years at least.

Trying to be diplomatic - but the "Mullen is bad at recruiting" acts as if he's been here for 4 years and we have a consistent pattern.

Trust me I'm on the edge of my seat with the current class and am not sugar coating that we are getting our teeth kicked in but to sugges Mullen can't recruit does ignore a #14 class with several dynamic transfers on top of that. And all of those kids did make it to campus.

I'm in panic mode for this current class and maybe Mullen won't be an elite recruiter. I think you are overstating at the moment.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Lol you sound just like you did with the Muschamp and Mac complaints until their final years. The bottom line is this is a problem if it isn't fixed in the next 2 weeks and you can take it to the bank it will be a poor class to help get us back to where we need to be.

No man, it's just July.

It's freaking hot.

We have a month and a half until football. It's been a long 8 months since we last played...can we PLEASE just chill for 6 more weeks?

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Trying to be diplomatic - but the "Mullen is bad at recruiting" acts as if he's been here for 4 years and we have a consistent pattern.

Trust me I'm on the edge of my seat with the current class and am not sugar coating that we are getting our teeth kicked in but to sugges Mullen can't recruit does ignore a #14 class with several dynamic transfers on top of that. And all of those kids did make it to campus.

I'm in panic mode for this current class and maybe Mullen won't be an elite recruiter. I think you are overstating at the moment.

Its actually a class that will leave you as an also ran in the SEC if not combined with top classes short of a Cam Newton at QB situation like Auburn had that year.

I am not sure if its just Mullen himself or if he just needs to make some changes on his staff (my belief). Its a huge red flag to me because its that 2nd class where the coaches at these big southern schools show if they can recruit. The lackluster FL results so far are probably the biggest complaint now. He still has until the beginning of August to right the ship but recent years have shown a grave is usually dug by that point as far as getting these top classes in the SEC to get you to where you need to be. Hopefully the clue chippers start rolling in and I can eat some some crow.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

I agree he probably gets 4 years unless something crazy happens like with Mac. He better hope one of the Jones turns out to be really good at QB considering what Mac left him and his start so far in recruiting.

We are going to be undefeated heading into the LSU game...and on October 6, you are not going to be thinking about recruiting.

That would be an impressive result. I think the UT and MSU games are both coin flips. 1-1 in this two isn’t a disaster, but we have to win a game you don’t expect to get to 9 wins. 2-0 is great, particularly if you beat LSU, which is obviously possible given they’re coached by Orgeron. 0-2 and an LSU loss is real bad.

That would be an impressive result. I think the UT and MSU games are both coin flips. 1-1 in this two isn’t a disaster, but we have to win a game you don’t expect to get to 9 wins. 2-0 is great, particularly if you beat LSU, which is obviously possible given they’re coached by Orgeron. 0-2 and an LSU loss is real bad.

I would take 1-1 in those games. TN is a mess now but might end up being tough to beat at home however. I don't see us having much of a chance to beat MSU on the road if that QB is healthy. Their defensive line is probably going to eat our offense up no matter who is at QB and if its Franks we may see a game that rivals Driskel's performance in the 2014 Missouri game.

Its actually a class that will leave you as an also ran in the SEC if not combined with top classes short of a Cam Newton at QB situation like Auburn had that year.

I am not sure if its just Mullen himself or if he just needs to make some changes on his staff (my belief). Its a huge red flag to me because its that 2nd class where the coaches at these big southern schools show if they can recruit. The lackluster FL results so far are probably the biggest complaint now. He still has until the beginning of August to right the ship but recent years have shown a grave is usually dug by that point as far as getting these top classes in the SEC to get you to where you need to be. Hopefully the clue chippers start rolling in and I can eat some some crow.

3* Dans early recruiting failures

Swamp Donkey had a great 2019 recruiting class before he was fed to the sharks

https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...rs-recruiting-failure-decommitment-slow-start

Last edited:
3* Dan

# 38 Rivals ( no top 250 players ) and its almost August o_O ( 4 ) 4* and ( 7 ) 3*

MSU his old school is at #16 with the same amount of 4* ( 4 ) :eek:

sinking-ship-o.gif

Did Instaloon actually say if Kyle Trask, the 2* nobody that NEVER started a single football game since his days playing Midget football or Emory Jones, an incoming FRESHMAN started on Sept. 1, the Swampmullets would win 9-10 games?:rolleyes:

What a tiny Medulla Oblongata.

3* Dans early recruiting failures

Swamp Donkey had a great 2019 recruiting class before he was fed to the sharks

https://www.tomahawknation.com/flor...rs-recruiting-failure-decommitment-slow-start

Some people are claiming Mullen is now chasing 3 stars that aren't even in close states. Not a good sign if true.

Reactions: nail1988
1st review the UF / Tennis-sea recruit class rankings for the last 4 classes.
Then explain what happened?
(Hint; UT's #4 (30) 2015 Recruit class only has 11 that are still on their roster) o_O

2018 SEC Media Season Finish Projections:

EASTERN DIVISION
(1st Place votes in parenthesis)
School Points
1. Georgia (271) 1977
2. South Carolina (8) 1535
3. Florida (4) 1441
-----
4. Missouri 1057
5. Kentucky (1) 874
6. Tennessee (1) 704
7. Vanderbilt 392
===========================

SEC CHAMPION
School Points
Alabama 193
Georgia 69
Auburn 14
South Carolina 4
Florida 2
Mississippi State 1
Missouri 1
Tennis-sea 0
=========

Preseason All SEC Team Projections:

Florida = 8 Total
- 2 Offense - 5 Defense - 1 ST's
(Tennis-sea = 1 Total - 1 Offense - 0 Defense, recruit class rankings???) :rolleyes:

1st Team
OT/OG Martez Ivey - Sr (OL starter all 4 years)
DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson - Sr (47 Tlks, 13.5 TFL, 4.5 sac)
-----
2nd Team
FS/Nic Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (2nd PBU's, 3rd Tkls)
CB C.J. Henderson (4 Ints, Fr All SEC 2nd team)
-----
3rd Team
ILB David Reese (102 Tkls, 10 TFL, 1.5 sac)
CB Marco Wilson (10 PD's, 34 Tkls, Fr All SEC 1st team)
RB Jordan Scarlett (5.0 ypc, 74% of yds after contact)
-----
ST's - Ath Kadarius Toney (WR/RB/QB/KR - 'Human Joystick')
=====

PS
Okay, this was kinda cute of Dan...
Dan Mullen had the best quote of the four days when he said, “I’m the opposite of Trump. “I’m the opposite of Trump in that I’m here to fill ‘the Swamp,’ not drain it.” :cool:

1st review the UF / Tennis-sea recruit class rankings for the last 4 classes.
Then explain what happened?
(Hint; UT's #4 (30) 2015 Recruit class only has 11 that are still on their roster) o_O

2018 SEC Media Season Finish Projections:

EASTERN DIVISION
(1st Place votes in parenthesis)
School Points
1. Georgia (271) 1977
2. South Carolina (8) 1535
3. Florida (4) 1441
-----
4. Missouri 1057
5. Kentucky (1) 874
6. Tennessee (1) 704
7. Vanderbilt 392
===========================

SEC CHAMPION
School Points
Alabama 193
Georgia 69
Auburn 14
South Carolina 4
Florida 2
Mississippi State 1
Missouri 1
Tennis-sea 0
=========

Preseason All SEC Team Projections:

Florida = 8 Total
- 2 Offense - 5 Defense - 1 ST's
(Tennis-sea = 1 Total - 1 Offense - 0 Defense, recruit class rankings???) :rolleyes:

1st Team
OT/OG Martez Ivey - Sr (OL starter all 4 years)
DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson - Sr (47 Tlks, 13.5 TFL, 4.5 sac)
-----
2nd Team
FS/Nic Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (2nd PBU's, 3rd Tkls)
CB C.J. Henderson (4 Ints, Fr All SEC 2nd team)
-----
3rd Team
ILB David Reese (102 Tkls, 10 TFL, 1.5 sac)
CB Marco Wilson (10 PD's, 34 Tkls, Fr All SEC 1st team)
RB Jordan Scarlett (5.0 ypc, 74% of yds after contact)
-----
ST's - Ath Kadarius Toney (WR/RB/QB/KR - 'Human Joystick')
=====

PS
Okay, this was kinda cute of Dan...
Dan Mullen had the best quote of the four days when he said, “I’m the opposite of Trump. “I’m the opposite of Trump in that I’m here to fill ‘the Swamp,’ not drain it.” :cool:

WOW, MEDIA DAY PREDICTIONS.

Well, if they say it's true, it must be.
4 whole 1st place points by the Swampdonkey "Fake Media"

I recall last November when you were Hee-Hawing over the Swampdonkey Men's Basketball team chosen as the PRESEASON FAVORITE to win the SEC and UT was picked to finish 13th.

Remind me again how the season turned out for both teams and how close those PRESEASON Predictions were t o how the season ACTUALLY ended?

As for UT's 2015 recruiting class, 2 were never signed as they were "Blue Shirts" that were to be counted on the following year's roster. They could take part in drills but had to pay their way that 1st year like Walk-ons. (Lyle the Loser abused that loophole to oversign more than any other coach in the nation and why the NCAA didn't abolish it is mind boggling.) Both wound up getting the boot before that 1st fall practice began. . One caught with Marijuana and the other was a stupid angry little man who had a lousy attitude and blamed the fact that he was 5'7" 150 lbs and was constantly whipped by WRs on Racism.

The Punter-Tommy Townsend couldn't beat out a walk-on so he slunk out of town like a whipped dog and wound up in Lizzerdlland.
4 went to the NFL Early,

the 2 Jucos have already graduated, one commit, an OG Zack Stewart had his mother die suddenly on the very day he was set to report for School in July 2015. She had an undiagnosed medical condition that took her life. She was only 41. He was heartbroken and gave up his dream of playing at UT in order to help his father and to take care of his younger siblings.

Two were given Medical Scholarships due to career ending injuries. Jack Jones, an excellent OG broke his neck early last year and a DE, Andrew Butcher arrived injured and underwent multiple knee surgeries. I don't recall him ever playing a down.

Quinten Dormady was not a good fit at Q/B for that idiotic "Spread-Read" garbage offense of Lyle the Loser. He graduated in 3 years and transferred as a Grad Student with 2 years eligibility left.

That accounts for 25 of the 30. Others transferred because Lyle sucked as a coach and they wanted to go somewhere else where the coaches knew something about football.

So, schmuck, there you have it.

Oh, and how many of those players you are so giddy about were recruited by 3* Dan?

Last edited:
Last 4 Recruit Class Rankings, (2015-18) per rival recruiting.

UF - 3 *****
2018 - #18 -- 18 - 0 - 14 - 4 - 0 -- 3.78
2017 - #09 -- 23 - 0 - 15 - 7 - 1 -- 3.61
2016 - #14 -- 25 - 1 - 9 - 13 - 2 -- 3.36
2015 - #23 -- 21 - 2 - 5 - 11 - 3 -- 3.29
--------------
Total - #16 -- 22 - 3 ***** 43 **** 35 *** 6 ** -- 3.51
4 star to 3 star ratio - 1.23 to 1.

TN - 5 *****
2018 - #20 -- 23 - 0 - 10 - 10 - 3 -- 3.22
2017 - #15 -- 28 - 0 - 09 - 18 - 1 -- 3.29
2016 - #15 -- 22 - 1 - 10 - 10 - 1 -- 3.50
2015 - #05 -- 29 - 4 - 13 - 11 - 1 -- 3.69
--------------
Total - #14 -- 26 - 5 ***** 42 **** 49 *** 6 ** -- 3.42
4 star to 3 star ratio - .86 to 1.

OU - 2 *****
2018 - #09 - 23 - 1 - 15 - 06 - 1 -- 3.61
2017 - #07 -- 28 - 0 - 18 - 09 - 1 - 3.61
2016 - #15 -- 21 - 1 - 10 - 07 - 3 -- 3.43
2015 - #14 -- 26 - 0 - 14 - 12 - 0 -- 3.54
--------------
Total - #11 -- 25 - 2 ***** 57 **** 34 *** 5** -- 3.55
4 star to 3 star ratio - 1.68 to 1.

==========

Even using chitty rivals rankings,,,
For 2018, and for 2019 combined so far:
Dan has 11 ***
OU has 11 ***
TN has 17 *** <<< -- LMFAO yet again!!! :D:D:D

Again, it's no wonder that they nailed-his-head-to-da-flor....

(two village-idiot butt-buddies, taking turns swinging on each other's jocks...) :cool:

Last 4 Recruit Class Rankings, (2015-18) per rival recruiting.

UF - 3 *****
2018 - #18 -- 18 - 0 - 14 - 4 - 0 -- 3.78
2017 - #09 -- 23 - 0 - 15 - 7 - 1 -- 3.61
2016 - #14 -- 25 - 1 - 9 - 13 - 2 -- 3.36
2015 - #23 -- 21 - 2 - 5 - 11 - 3 -- 3.29
--------------
Total - #16 -- 22 - 3 ***** 43 **** 35 *** 6 ** -- 3.51
4 star to 3 star ratio - 1.23 to 1.

TN - 5 *****
2018 - #20 -- 23 - 0 - 10 - 10 - 3 -- 3.22
2017 - #15 -- 28 - 0 - 09 - 18 - 1 -- 3.29
2016 - #15 -- 22 - 1 - 10 - 10 - 1 -- 3.50
2015 - #05 -- 29 - 4 - 13 - 11 - 1 -- 3.69
--------------
Total - #14 -- 26 - 5 ***** 42 **** 49 *** 6 ** -- 3.42
4 star to 3 star ratio - .86 to 1.

OU - 2 *****
2018 - #09 - 23 - 1 - 15 - 06 - 1 -- 3.61
2017 - #07 -- 28 - 0 - 18 - 09 - 1 - 3.61
2016 - #15 -- 21 - 1 - 10 - 07 - 3 -- 3.43
2015 - #14 -- 26 - 0 - 14 - 12 - 0 -- 3.54
--------------
Total - #11 -- 25 - 2 ***** 57 **** 34 *** 5** -- 3.55
4 star to 3 star ratio - 1.68 to 1.

==========

Even using chitty rivals rankings,,,
For 2018, and for 2019 combined so far:
Dan has 11 ***
OU has 11 ***
TN has 17 *** <<< -- LMFAO yet again!!! :D:D:D

Again, it's no wonder that they nailed-his-head-to-da-flor....

(two village-idiot butt-buddies, taking turns swinging on each other's jocks...) :cool:

Whoppity Frikking Do.

All that wonderful talent and you still SUCKED last season just as bad as UT

4-8.

Whoppity Frikking Do.
All that wonderful talent and you still SUCKED last season just as bad as UT
4-8.

Correctly read the above ^guano^ as....

Got my dumb Frikkin-azz handed to me yet again. :oops:

UF 4-7 is one less loss than tennis-sea's 4-8.
If not for a Hurricane, UF would have been 5-7, also with one more win.
Only a rubber-dollie village idiot would claim that's the same.
No hurricane and win either of these two games and UF would have been bowl eligible.
4-7 UF 16 - 17 LSU 9-4 ----- TN 10 - 30 LSU
4-7 UF 17 - 19 aTm 7-6
Mac lost the team and his job...

UF 3-5 SEC --- tennis-sea was Frikkin' 0-8 SEC
Even freakin' kensucky and candy were better than that! :cool:

Only a total village idiot would make the claim that's the same level of suckage.

And finally,,, >>> UF 26 - 20 tennis-sea <<< MOE-RON confirmed yet again. o_O

So I can't imagine why SEC Media would put UF up so high while tennis-sea remains suckin' hine-tit... :rolleyes:

Retrospectively we can look at our last head coach and say we were all cheerleaders that often overlooked his shortcomings. Perspectivelly we should look at our current coach and judge him on his resume, knowledge of our culture and known results.

He coached Missisippi State to relevancyin the much tougher SEC West,put a guy into the NFL who is starting for a premiere franchise and won two titles while running the offense in his last stint here.

Judging the man for his 2019 recruiting class and games not yet played is beyond premature. I get that it is slow and all but R-E-L-A-X. Mullen has SEC experience, runs a actual progressive offense that is designed for today's game and hasn't ever had the resources or prestige that comes from being the head man at a power school like Florida.

Retrospectively we can look at our last head coach and say we were all cheerleaders that often overlooked his shortcomings. Perspectivelly we should look at our current coach and judge him on his resume, knowledge of our culture and known results.

He coached Missisippi State to relevancyin the much tougher SEC West,put a guy into the NFL who is starting for a premiere franchise and won two titles while running the offense in his last stint here.

Judging the man for his 2019 recruiting class and games not yet played is beyond premature. I get that it is slow and all but R-E-L-A-X. Mullen has SEC experience, runs a actual progressive offense that is designed for today's game and hasn't ever had the resources or prestige that comes from being the head man at a power school like Florida.
Somebody with some common sense makes an actual worthwhile post.

Well if you want to judge him by his resume he was 3 - 16 in AP top 25 vs AP top 25 matchups. He also had the distinction of being in the elite 4% of new power 5 conference coaches since 2005 to have 2nd and 3rd recruiting classes that got progressively worse than his time shortened 1st class.

I like seeing the S&C stuff but there is simply no excuse for recruiting looking to be heading the way it is. I will probably get institutionalized if he accepts this crappy recruiting and doesnt get some good recruiters on staff for the 2020 class.

Last edited:
Well if you want to judge him by his resume he was 3 - 16 in AP top 25 vs AP top 25 matchups. He also had the distinction of being in the elite 4% of new power 5 conference coaches since 2005 to have 2nd and 3rd recruiting classes that got progressively worse than his time shortened 1st class.

I like seeing the S&C stuff but there is simply no excuse for recruiting looking to be heading the way it is. I will probably get institutionalized if he accepts this crappy recruiting and doesnt get some good recruiters on staff for the 2020 class.

Many of those games came against teams with far superior talent. Now you can point to his recruiting failures but you have to have context. He was at Mississipi State, a School with little to no history and with little instate talent compared to it's contemperaries.

He played against Alabama, Auburn, LSU annually. I am not saying his recruiting has been stellar but he was hired in November. I guess his record against top 25 schools will improve greatly now that he has resources and history on his side.

Florida is the top school in a state filled with talent, he has that at his disposal now. MSU wasn't even top dog in Missisippi .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT