ADVERTISEMENT

2019 recruiting class pointing to major recruiting problems?

In 9 years at MsSt, Dan only lost 4 games to teams with worse W/L records than his. :cool:

Mullen's 2018 Transition Class, Top 20s at Position: (per 247)
20 -- 0 - 13 - 6 - 0 --- 7 Top 10's --- 8 more are in the Top 20 (15)

Dan finished strong in the first ESD class, and on NSD.
Player HS ratings, and thus class rankings, will change drastically by Dec. 2018.
I'll reserve judgment on the 2019 class until after ESD & NSD are in the books. o_O

#1 TE Lucas Krull - Juco xfer - 4
#1 K Evan McPherson - 3 (Kohl's 5)
#5 QB-dt Emory Jones 4
#5 TE Kyle Pitts 4
#5 OT Noah Banks 3 (the #5 OT is only a 3 star -- WTF???
#7 OT Richard Gouriage 4
#8 RB Dameon Pierce 4
--------
#12 WR Jacob Copeland 4
#13 WDE Andrew Chatfield 4
#14 SS Amari Burney 4
#14 SDE Malik Langham 4
#16 WR Justin Watkins 4
#16 RB Iverson Clement 4
#17 FS/CB Trey Dean 4
#20 OLB David Reese 4
======
#22 OG Griffin McDowell 3
#28 FS John Huggins 3
#29 TE Dante Lang 3
#34 OT Chris Bleich 3
---------
#35 FS Randy Russell 3 - (lost to initial physical, heart condition)
PW-O LS Marco Ortiz - a Rubio 5 star.
PW-O ILB Umstead Sanders 3 - Juco xfer
PW-O Ath Jaylin Jackson 2 - QB-dt-RB-slot WR-PR -- with small D1 school ship offers.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Many of those games came against teams with far superior talent. Now you can point to his recruiting failures but you have to have context. He was at Mississipi State, a School with little to no history and with little instate talent compared to it's contemperaries.

He played against Alabama, Auburn, LSU annually. I am not saying his recruiting has been stellar but he was hired in November. I guess his record against top 25 schools will improve greatly now that he has resources and history on his side.

Florida is the top school in a state filled with talent, he has that at his disposal now. MSU wasn't even top dog in Missisippi .

You can cut it anyway you want to but 7- 32 against AP top 25 opponents is terrible and 3 -16 in top 25 v top 25 matchups is even more pathetic.

Heck even his vaunted 2014 team got their three top 10 early wins against LSU, Auburn and A&M who all went on to go just 8-5 and only Auburn barely ended up in the top 25 at the end of the season.

People can spin all they want but his one winning SEC season in 9 years and the numbers above aren't good at all and now when his previous recruiting is looked into it shows a disturbing trend in the early years.

Last edited:
You can cut it anyway you want to but 7- 32 against AP top 25 opponents is terrible and 3 -16 in top 25 v top 25 matchups is even more pathetic.

Heck even his vaunted 2014 team got their three top 10 early wins against LSU, Auburn and A&M who all went on to go just 8-5 and only Auburn barely ended up in the top 25 at the end of the season.

People can spin all they want but his one winning SEC season in 9 years and the numbers above aren't good at all and now when his previous recruiting is looked into it shows a disturbing trend in the early years.

I am going to take the wait and see approach, if after three years he hasn't gotten a top 15 class and/or shown any improvement I will be on the worry train. My point is that it is frivolous to worry about somebody less than 8 months on the job. He hasn't coached a single game, completed a full recruiting cycle.

Everybody is free to their opinion but it is silly to try and put a stamp on his abilities to lead Florida to heights we all believe this program is capable of. Unfortunately there are vibranium ceilings for programs like MSU. Florida has proven capable of winning championships with the right coach.

I am going to take the wait and see approach, if after three years he hasn't gotten a top 15 class and/or shown any improvement I will be on the worry train. My point is that it is frivolous to worry about somebody less than 8 months on the job. He hasn't coached a single game, completed a full recruiting cycle.

Everybody is free to their opinion but it is silly to try and put a stamp on his abilities to lead Florida to heights we all believe this program is capable of. Unfortunately there are vibranium ceilings for programs like MSU. Florida has proven capable of winning championships with the right coach.

Top 15? - that will land you about 7th in the SEC now. That is going backwards if you want a real chance to win SEC Championships.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
2019 Recrutiing classes:

#33 Neb/Frost - (12 - 2 ****, 10 ***) Avg. Rating 0.8733
(1 more verbals got them a slightly higher class rating)
Frost did very well as a HC, but not at the Power 5 level.

#34 Florida/Mullen - (11 - 4 ****, 7 ***) Avg. Rating 0.8832
(higher Avg rating, better quality recruits so far)
Mullen 2 NC's as OC at UF/SECe, & the best HC in MsSt/SECw history.
Consistency -- No other HC ever took MsSt to 8 consecutive bowls.

#83 UCLA/cowChip Kelly - (5 ***) Avg Rating 0.8645
(high speed suckage all around. numbers and quality)
NCAA infractions ran him out of Ore.
Idiocy resulting in loser suckage ran him out of the NFL.

But none of that really means much for now, this long before ESD & NSD.

2019 Recrutiing classes:

#33 Neb/Frost - (12 - 2 ****, 10 ***) Avg. Rating 0.8733
(1 more verbals got them a slightly higher class rating)
Frost did very well as a HC, but not at the Power 5 level.

#34 Florida/Mullen - (11 - 4 ****, 7 ***) Avg. Rating 0.8832
(higher Avg rating, better quality recruits so far)
Mullen 2 NC's as OC at UF/SECe, & the best HC in MsSt/SECw history.
Consistency -- No other HC ever took MsSt to 8 consecutive bowls.

#83 UCLA/cowChip Kelly - (5 ***) Avg Rating 0.8645
(high speed suckage all around. numbers and quality)
NCAA infractions ran him out of Ore.
Idiocy resulting in loser suckage ran him out of the NFL.

But none of that really means much for now, this long before ESD & NSD.

Give me a break to even compare Nebraska's recruiting to ours now in college football.

You could have chosen USC (Trojans) if you were trying to make a point but I have a feeling they will be in front of us with no problem at the end.

Give me a break to even compare Nebraska's recruiting to ours now in college football.

You could have chosen USC (Trojans) if you were trying to make a point but I have a feeling they will be in front of us with no problem at the end.

Neb was a top NC type team,,, was being the key word.
UF WAS a top NC type team,,, getting the picture yet? o_O

You're about as 'sharp' as the big end of a baseball bat... :rolleyes:

UCLA - cowChip Kelly
Neb - Frost

Those were the 2 main others being considered for UF's HC vacancy, and they are both also in their 1st years at a new school recruiting. o_O

And if you take your hand out of your pocket, that funny feeling will go away... :cool:

Last edited:
Neb was a top NC type team,,, was being the key word.
UF WAS a top NC type team,,, getting the picture yet? o_O

You're about as 'sharp' as the big end of a baseball bat... :rolleyes:

UCLA - cowChip Kelly
Neb - Frost

Those were the 2 main others being considered for UF's HC vacancy, and they are both also in their 1st years at a new school recruiting. o_O

And if take your hand out of your pocket, and that funny feeling will go away... :cool:

lol Nebraska isnt a football power in the South but nice way to deflect from what is going on with this crappy recruiting so far. I cant wait to see you after we pick up some 4 stars after FNL that gives us a chance to maybe get a #6 or #7 crappy result in SEC recruiting. Heck we may be fighting Muschamp at SC of all places for that # 6 or #7 spot.

lol Nebraska isnt a football power in the South but nice way to deflect from what is going on with this crappy recruiting so far. I cant wait to see you after we pick up some 4 stars after FNL that gives us a chance to maybe get a #6 or #7 crappy result in SEC recruiting. Heck we may be fighting Muschamp at SC of all places for that # 6 or #7 spot.

By that answer, I'm guessing that you think that UCLA IS in the south? :confused:
The point of my post, (you moe-ron) was comparing the 3 guys that were supposedly the prime candidates tor the UF HC'ing job.

You are so totally clueless about this subject that I feel bad for LMFAO at your village idiot stupidity. :oops: (but not real bad actually) :D:D:D

The only recruiting class that Dan's brought in so far (signed LOI's) is the 2018 class. Why don't you give us your itemized break down on that class.
And don't forget to list the ESD early enrollees and the half dozen or so that aren't listed in the class on the dweeb recruiting service lists.... (I'll wait for your detailed answer with bated breath..) :rolleyes:

By that answer, I'm guessing that you think that UCLA IS in the south? :confused:
The point of my post, (you moe-ron) was comparing the 3 guys that were supposedly the prime candidates tor the UF HC'ing job.

You are so totally clueless about this subject that I feel bad for LMFAO at your village idiot stupidity. :oops: (but not real bad actually) :D:D:D

The only recruiting class that Dan's brought in so far (signed LOI's) is the 2018 class. Why don't you give us your itemized break down on that class.
And don't forget to list the ESD early enrollees and the half dozen or so that aren't listed in the class on the dweeb recruiting service lists.... (I'll wait for your detailed answer with bated breath..) :rolleyes:

For fevered Brain :D:D lol

Rivals rankings for 3* Dan o_O

2018 Lizzerds # 18 ( he did sign transfers) :eek::rolleyes:

2019 Lizzerds # 38 :eek:

3* Dan @ MSU o_O

2016 # 34 :eek:

2017 # 27 :eek:

* note MSU # 16 24/7 projects 4* RB commit that should put the close to top 10 ( new coach in Starkville recruiting explodes ):eek::eek:

:D:D

Last edited:
Chokers and rivals -- make a nice fitting pair for the circle of jerks.... o_O
2 Pee's in a Poddle... :cool:

More scattered brain dust-bowl choke-la-homo boring drivel,,, from the moe-ron with his head-nailed-to-da-flor... Not worthy of a real response, so let me just put this on your level. :p:p:p

PS -- Edit

And then this village idiot choker bumps up against reality yet again....

2016 - 16. Choke-la-homo - 21 -- 1 - 10 - 07*** - 3** - 3.48

2015 - 14. Choke-la-homo - 26 -- 0 - 14 - 12*** - 0** - 3.54

2014 - 15. Choke-la-homo - 27 -- 1 - 08 - 14*** - 4** - 3.22

02 *****
32 ****
-----
33 ***
07 **

So that's 34 quality 4-5 stars, to 40 2-3 star bums....

Last edited:
Correctly read the above ^guano^ as....

Got my dumb Frikkin-azz handed to me yet again. :oops:

UF 4-7 is one less loss than tennis-sea's 4-8.
If not for a Hurricane, UF would have been 5-7, also with one more win.
Only a rubber-dollie village idiot would claim that's the same.
No hurricane and win either of these two games and UF would have been bowl eligible.
4-7 UF 16 - 17 LSU 9-4 ----- TN 10 - 30 LSU
4-7 UF 17 - 19 aTm 7-6
Mac lost the team and his job...

UF 3-5 SEC --- tennis-sea was Frikkin' 0-8 SEC
Even freakin' kensucky and candy were better than that! :cool:

Only a total village idiot would make the claim that's the same level of suckage.

And finally,,, >>> UF 26 - 20 tennis-sea <<< MOE-RON confirmed yet again. o_O

So I can't imagine why SEC Media would put UF up so high while tennis-sea remains suckin' hine-tit... :rolleyes:

The phrase in HIND tit, dummy.

Saved yourself from another loss again by cancelling yet another game???

As for that 26-20 game, it took the third act of sheer stupidity in 4 years to save you from losing what would be 4 in a row now had UT had someone who could even coach on a high school level as head coach.

Botched Jones is now at Alabama fetching Nick Saban's coffee. You won't be getting him to help you win any more

BTW, I noticed on ESPIN that your HIGHEST rated 2019 recruit fell from #201 to # 205. Did that sting?
UT's top ( so far) 5* OT Wanya Morris jumped from 13 to 7 and rising. NFL scouts watching him at The Opening in Atlanta said if he were eligible, he would be an NFL 1st round draft pick THIS year. Pruitt is building a hell of a young OL. Won't help this year but it will be paying dividends in the future especially if he does land # 5 on the ESPIN list 5* OT Darnell Wright as expected.

That would give him Four 5* OL on the same line next year. RS Senior, Junior and 2 TF. How many 5* OL will Ole Dan have next year?

Plus multiple 4* including a Center from Alabama who is a Grad Student. Nick got him a Medical RS from the NCAA ( because he is Nick Saban) when Humphries could have played but wan't needed last season and would only play as a Back Up this season with a 5* Senior in front.. He had already went through a RS year as a TF but Nick figured he'd stick around for 6 years with the Crimson Stain. Instead, he graduated in 3 years and left with 3 years eligibility thanks to Saban's favorite ploy of putting healthy or mildly injured players on Medical Red Shirts..

Oh, did you notice there are 5 SEC teams who have commits from the TOP 7 in the ESPIN Top 300, the recruiting service you cherish? . Your Swamp Mullets ain't among them.

9 SEC teams as well as Oklahoma, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami all have multiple commits ranked ahead of # 205 Jalon Jones. That ought to make Nail, Irish, FSU fans along with your alter fsu ego and any UM fans who wander by, mildly amused.

Ole Dan did a good job of holding on to Mr Ed's 2018 recruiting class. But he sure sucked at holding on to his 2019 class. Perhaps instead of firing Mr Ed, he should have been given the job of Recruiting Coordinator and kept around until his contract extension:oops: expired?

Last edited:
The phrase in HIND tit, dummy.

Saved yourself from another loss again by cancelling yet another game???

As for that 26-20 game, it took the third act of sheer stupidity in 4 years to save you from losing what would be 4 in a row now had UT had someone who could even coach on a high school level as head coach.

Botched Jones is now at Alabama fetching Nick Saban's coffee. You won't be getting him to help you win any more

BTW, I noticed on ESPIN that your HIGHEST rated 2019 recruit fell from #201 to # 205. Did that sting?
UT's top ( so far) 5* OT Wanya Morris jumped from 13 to 7 and rising. NFL scouts watching him at The Opening in Atlanta said if he were eligible, he would be an NFL 1st round draft pick THIS year. Pruitt is building a hell of a young OL. Won't help this year but it will be paying dividends in the future especially if he does land # 5 on the ESPIN list 5* OT Darnell Wright as expected.

That would give him Four 5* OL on the same line next year. RS Senior, Junior and 2 TF. How many 5* OL will Ole Dan have next year?

Plus multiple 4* including a Center from Alabama who is a Grad Student. Nick got him a Medical RS from the NCAA ( because he is Nick Saban) when Humphries could have played but wan't needed last season and would only play as a Back Up this season with a 5* Senior in front.. He had already went through a RS year as a TF but Nick figured he'd stick around for 6 years with the Crimson Stain. Instead, he graduated in 3 years and left with 3 years eligibility thanks to Saban's favorite ploy of putting healthy or mildly injured players on Medical Red Shirts..

Oh, did you notice there are 5 SEC teams who have commits from the TOP 7 in the ESPIN Top 300, the recruiting service you cherish? . Your Swamp Mullets ain't among them.

9 SEC teams as well as Oklahoma, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami all have multiple commits ranked ahead of # 205 Jalon Jones. That ought to make Nail, Irish, FSU fans along with your alter fsu ego and any UM fans who wander by, mildly amused.

Ole Dan did a good job of holding on to Mr Ed's 2018 recruiting class. But he sure sucked at holding on to his 2019 class. Perhaps instead of firing Mr Ed, he should have been given the job of Recruiting Coordinator and kept around until his contract extension:oops: expired?
May I ask why you are here and trying to talk crap about a team you can’t beat if it was gift wrapped and handed to you. UT hasn’t done anything of significance in forever. When is the last time UT even won the East? Think about that for a minute. And then you just went through a complete catastrophe of a hiring process and UT was the joke of college football all through that time period. You just hired a guy that was probably what. 8th or 9th down the list? UT found a guy that was desperate for a head coaching job. Think about all the bad coaches that actually turned the job down before you even got the the current guy.

How many more excuses are you going to keep making for what is just an incompetent football program?

He is also one of the least likely coaches in America to lose to a team with less talent based on the numbers. While Championships are and should be the measure, we have had TWO 4-win seasons in the last several years. We are also coming off possibly the worst coach in UF history who did damage well beyond anything you care to mention. We have to put a product on the field and stabalize our program before hitting championship level. Again, he hasn’t coached a fall football practice yet and people are acting like he should be fired. I will admit to hating Mac the minute Foley flew to Colorado, so I am not innocent.

But SOS raves about the inner workings and Dak Prescott fully credits Mullen and Co for his development that allowed him to succeed as a rookie in the NFL. Be patient, this is going to get fixed the right way and if Mullen can’t get over the hump in year four, at least we will have a stable program to hand over to someone, as opposed to the train wreck he inherited.

If you can't get a Top 10 recruiting class in the state of FL then something is really wrong. The state is filled with high ranked recruits all over the place. There are many to go around and a ton of teams out of state come in a pluck many away.

To win at a high level you need Top 10 classes for sure each and every year.

If you can't get a Top 10 recruiting class in the state of FL then something is really wrong. The state is filled with high ranked recruits all over the place. There are many to go around and a ton of teams out of state come in a pluck many away.

To win at a high level you need Top 10 classes for sure each and every year

Well then, according to ESPN, your criminoles are in border-line trouble... :eek:
2018 11. FSU -- Something was really wrong,,, so you fired Fisher... o_O

2019 10. FSU -- Well, that has certainly improved things a whole bunch... :D

Last edited:
Most people expect you to sign the #1 RB in the country.

ESPN's Post Camp Season Re-Eval of their Top 300:

17. #1 RB Trey Sanders 6-0 216 - IMG Florida

UF might be a slight lean, because his Mom is a lifetime Gator fan and his older brother is a PWO ILB at UF.
However, he has said right up front that those two things won't be the determining factors in his commit decision, that he has to do whatever he sees as 'best' for him and his future prospects. He knows that IF he comes to UF, that he will have to compete for a starting role and/or his playing time, not just waltz in and be given things. However, IF he does compete and he shows out, then being a Fr won't keep him from being a starter at RB. So, it comes down to whether he believes that he can compete with UF's roster and win,,, or not? o_O -- Up to him.

All of that remains to be seen. I'd love to have him as a Gator, but it's up to him where he chooses to go. There are other places out there that will 'spoon feed' him some kind of a degree, and promise him the A1 starting role to sign, but UF ain't one of them... :cool:

I can tell him that the 'Silver Lining' for being a Gator RB is that every RB that's started for UF since E.Smith has gone on to the NFL. You'll get the opportunity. What you do with it is up to you.

Just for a little 'Talkin' Season' fun...

Note: The 16. #1 QBdt is only 6-1 173 ??? (undersized, underweight wimp)
I can sure see why he'd rather play against Big12-10 defenses for the chokers, instead of having to weekly go against the monster SEC defenses...

The 18. #2 QBpp is 6-4 222 and committed to SCa. Now that's more like an SEC QB size...

Even UF's 205. #13 QBdt is 6-4 203 **** -- but no other quality team wanted him...
Offers: UF - UA, MS, MsSt, TN -- NCSt, tOSU, Ore, UCLA, Va, VaTech, etc...

=====================

Tennis-sea verbals, IF they can hold them and get a signed LOI.

7. #4 OT Wanya Morris 6-6 293 ***** - Loganville, GA -
(5. #1 OT Martez Ivey 6-6 315 ***** - Apopka, FL)
Hell, I wouldn't trade you RT Jawaan Taylor 6-5 334 *** Fr All SEC for him.

117. #15 WR Ramel Keyton 6-2 186 4.82/40 - Marietta, GA (freakin' broken leg slow) :rolleyes:
(that chump would't see the field for the Gators until he was a Jr,,, only a maybe then)

203. #10 OG Jackson Lampley 6-3 299 - Nashville, TN
(UF's #11 OG is 6-4 315 from Clearwater, FL)

224 #7 TE-Y Jackson Lowe 6-4 240 - Cartersville, GA
(UF has better TE's already on the roster, plus 2 taken in 2018)

247 #14 FS Anthony Harris 6-0 180 - Havellock, NC
(UF already has several better S's on the roster, and bigger one's at CB)

===============

For the 2019 class, UF 2 biggest needs are at QBdt and DT,,, then OL & LB.
IPS = Immediate Playing Size

205. #13 QBdt is 6-4 203 **** -- but no other quality team wanted a him... IPS
Offers: UF - UA, MS, MsSt, TN -- NCSt, tOSU, Ore, UCLA, Va, VaTech, etc...

221. #16 DT Jaelin Humphries 6-3 303 **** -- Lawrenceville, GA - IPS
Offers: UF - UA, AU, GA, UK, LSU, MsSt, MS, SCa, TN --Miami, Neb, etc..

252. #11 OG Ethan White 6-4 315 **** - Clearwater, FL - IPS
Offers: UF - USF, UL, N.C. Pitt, WVa, etc...
>>> (TN's #10 OG is 6-3 299 from Nashville -- I wouldn't trade them)

298. #23 OLB/SS Tyron Hopper 6-2 206 **** - Roswell, GA - IPS at SS, maybe not at OLB
Offers: UF - UA, UK, MsSt, SCa, TN -- GaTech, Miami, USF, WVa, etc...

Bama and TN offered 3 of the 4 that the Mad-Dog-dollie mouth-foamer makes his constant diss on, and the 4th guy is a bigger and better, more ready OG from FL, than the one TN got from Nashville... :cool:

He is also one of the least likely coaches in America to lose to a team with less talent based on the numbers. While Championships are and should be the measure, we have had TWO 4-win seasons in the last several years. We are also coming off possibly the worst coach in UF history who did damage well beyond anything you care to mention. We have to put a product on the field and stabalize our program before hitting championship level. Again, he hasn’t coached a fall football practice yet and people are acting like he should be fired. I will admit to hating Mac the minute Foley flew to Colorado, so I am not innocent.

But SOS raves about the inner workings and Dak Prescott fully credits Mullen and Co for his development that allowed him to succeed as a rookie in the NFL. Be patient, this is going to get fixed the right way and if Mullen can’t get over the hump in year four, at least we will have a stable program to hand over to someone, as opposed to the train wreck he inherited.

My main issue is he won't have the horses to get us where we need to be if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff for the 2020 class.

I won't blame him for an 8 - 4 or worse record this season but its definitely on him if he doesn't get recruiting up to speed.

Reactions: nail1988
Bama bound...
A BOLD claim... They are certainly in the mix for him.

Not a guarantee though imoho, time will tell. o_O

Remember APB of the Year RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 **** from Mobile, AL?
Saban attempted to flip him away from UF but failed to do so. :p
Perine played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game. Alabama Class 7A First Team All-State as a senior after rushing for 1,654 yards and 15 touchdown.
Lamical begins his Jr season at UF in the starting 'RB by committee' rotation.
Career - 227 for 983 Yds, 4.3 ypc, L-59, 9 TD's.
Receiving - 19 for 242 yds, 12.7 Yds/Rec, L-32, 2 TD's. (great hands)
He's was used by the previous staff, mostly as the short yardage power back
With the current roster and staff/offense, that may no longer be the case.

If Trey wants to be a 'featured RB' then he might choose to go elsewhere.
Burnout and injury awaits him elsewhere. All RB starters at UF go on to the NFL.
At UF, he'd get his share of the carries with plenty of exposure, but without the risk of over-use burnout. I'm fine with him doing whatever HE thinks will be the best path for him.

2018 Gator RB Roster

RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 206 rsJr **** - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 Jr **** - Mobile, AL
---- Those 2 will be NFL 'early departure' candidates for the 2019 season.

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 So **** - Tampa, FL
RB Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So - WR/Wildcat-QB - Mobile, AL
RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 So **** - Clearwater, FL
RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Fr **** - Bainbridge, GA
RB Iverson Clement 5-11 193 Fr **** - Mount Holly, NJ
-----
A walk-on that would be a 'smaller school' starter.
RB/ST Tyriek Hopkins 5-8 178 rsJr - St. Petersburg, FL
And of course, in Dan's offense, the QB's will run it some...

At UF, Trey could be on a team with his brother, make his Gator Mom immensely happy, and have as good or better of a chance to get to the NFL as anywhere else in the nation, but it's still up to him to decide. :cool:

PS -- I seem to remember a 5 star Harvin doing pretty well in a Mullen offense... :D
Rushing --- 194 for 1,852 Yds, 9.5 YPC, 19 TD's
Receiving - 133 for 1,929 Yds, 14.5 Yds/Rec, 13 TD's
Combined - 327 for 3,781 Yds, 11.6 Yds/Touch, 32 TD's

Last edited:
My main issue is he won't have the horses to get us where we need to be if he doesn't get some good recruiters on staff for the 2020 class.

I won't blame him for an 8 - 4 or worse record this season but its definitely on him if he doesn't get recruiting up to speed.

Jus-damn Fev! You do know that IF chit didn't stink, then it could smell good... :rolleyes:

And your constant claim that he and/or his current staff can't recruit is just factually FoS. o_O

(and NO, he won't be hiring your dumb-azz to recruit, cause you're a proven idiot) :p

Last edited:
Jus-damn Fev! You do know that IF chit didn't stink, then it could smell good... :rolleyes:

And your constant claim that he and/or his current staff can't recruit is just factually FoS. o_O

(and NO, he won't be hiring your dumb-azz to recruit, cause you're a proven idiot) :p

No I am talking reality while you are just pumping sunshine. Maybe I will step back off the ledge a little if we get 4 or more blue chippers signed up right after FNL giving him a chance to maybe not have a bad class in the teens.

If you think the recruiters don't matter just look at Oregon and some other teams right now.

Without doubt he will need to make changes before the 2020 cycle heats up. He had one hell of a transition class and will need to sandwich this awful class with a phenomenal 2020 class. That is an absolute must. I do think a good on-field product will help that.

At the same time, Billy G will be the first guy to actually coach up our WR in nearly a decade. And I know he catches a lot of hell, but recruiting aside, I think we will see Hevesy is worth every penny when our OL hits the field. That said, other than our key recruiter Sal and what I believe to be an excellent OL coach in Hevesy, I don’t GAS if he overhauls the remainder of the staff. Recruiting does indeed need to improve. I just think its equally important right now that he IS correcting the mess Mac left on the inside.

Without doubt he will need to make changes before the 2020 cycle heats up. He had one hell of a transition class and will need to sandwich this awful class with a phenomenal 2020 class. That is an absolute must. I do think a good on-field product will help that.

At the same time, Billy G will be the first guy to actually coach up our WR in nearly a decade. And I know he catches a lot of hell, but recruiting aside, I think we will see Hevesy is worth every penny when our OL hits the field. That said, other than our key recruiter Sal and what I believe to be an excellent OL coach in Hevesy, I don’t GAS if he overhauls the remainder of the staff. Recruiting does indeed need to improve. I just think its equally important right now that he IS correcting the mess Mac left on the inside.

I don't really have that much of an issue with his staff as far as coaching the players. They actually seem to have a pretty good track record with producing good DTs and RBs especially. Some people on another site seem to think loyalty will get in the way of him trying to get a couple of good recruiters in here for the 2020 class and that is why he told Seider he would have to move positions which led to him leaving. If that is true its a recipe for an almost guaranteed substandard 2020 class again since we still wont look pretty on offense in 2018.

It just shocks me that we don't have one top 200 Rivals player on our commitment list yet while teams like Illinois, South Carolina, Iowa St and the Mississippi schools do.

Mullen isn't a great recruiter, his strengths are QB development and offensive schemes. And right now he's competing against Georgia, Florida State and Miami for a lot of the state's recruits. All those schools have stud recruiters, which is a big reason why UF's recruiting is hurting a bit.

Having said that, if Mullen can start winning at UF, Top 5 classes will soon become the norm. Florida is one of a handful of schools that recruits itself when the program is winning, that's precisely why Spurrier did so well there, he couldn't stand recruiting yet still signed Top 5ish classes with little effort.

I get why some UF fans are ansy seeing Kirby and Taggart getting so many studs, but I'd give Mullen some time. When the wins start, the 5-stars will soon follow.

Reactions: Michi_Gator
If that is true its a recipe for an almost guaranteed substandard 2020 class again since we still wont look pretty on offense in 2018.

It just shocks me that we don't have one top 200 Rivals player on our commitment list yet while teams like Illinois, South Carolina, Iowa St and the Mississippi schools do.

Ignoring the fact that 'they' have 4 ESPN Top 300's and a total of 8 ****'s.

OC/OG T.J. McCoy *** 1/58 Rimington Trophy Watch List (Top 45%)

LT/LG Martez Ivey ***** 1/82 Outland Trophy Watch List (Top 12.8%)

DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson ***** 1/96 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Watch List (Top 6.8%)

ILB David Reese *** 1/96 Bronko Nugurski Trophy Watch List (Top 6.8%)

ILB David Reese *** 1/85 Bednarik Award Watch List (Top 6.0%)

ILB David Reese *** 1/51 Butkus Award Watch List (Top 10%)

Surprise/Surprise,,, David Reese was yet another Rivals 2016 3 Star recruit....

~ And oh BTW, the people saying that making a 'watch list' is no big deal,,,, are the one's that are not even good enough to be noticed or placed on a watch list. Or their fans, Moms, Girlfriends, etc... o_O

In 9 years at MsSt, Dan only lost 4 games to teams with worse W/L records than his. :cool:
Mullen's 2018 Transition Class, Top 20s at Position: (per 247)
20 -- 0 - 13 - 6 - 0 --- 7 Top 10's --- 8 more are in the Top 20 (15)

Dan finished strong in the first ESD class, and on NSD.
Player HS ratings, and thus class rankings, will change drastically by Dec. 2018.
I'll reserve judgment on the 2019 class until after ESD & NSD are in the books. o_O
#16 WR Justin Watkins 4

ASO18JBN004702.jpg

Last edited:
Justin Watkins ****
Offers: UF - UA-UG-LSU-SCa-TN
Clem-FSU-Mia-Tx-UL-UCLA-Wis, etc.

But at least he wasn't just another 3 star... :rolleyes:

Frickin Georgia just got their fourth 5 star recruit while we dream of signing a single one this class. Unbelievable...

Does this prove that the Smart/UGly checkbook,,, is just as big as the Saban/Bama checkbook? o_O

And has anyone let Dabo know that he should just go ahead and fold up his program.... :rolleyes:

Frickin Georgia just got their fourth 5 star recruit while we dream of signing a single one this class. Unbelievable...

*Rivals he’s a 4* ( what hurts he comes from Florida ) another loss for 3* Dan o_O

*Dawgs have ( 2 ) 5* ( 9 ) 4* ( 2 ) 3* per Rivals :eek:

*Rubber Dollies are getting ready to get a commit from 4* CB who was a lizzerd lien just a week ago per 24/7 Lizzerd mod :eek:

*Bogle the highly rated DE out of Miami is not even considering 3* Dan :eek: TN, Miami, Bamr o_O

My dust bowl chokers have done very well in Florida the last 3 years just picked up another 4* CB out of south Florida and lead for 4* DT from the same school

3* Dud is getting worked with no players in top 250( lizzerds will get some good players ) not not top 10 :D

I know why the choke-la-homo with his head-nailed-to-da-flor keeps such a close eye on both UF and UGly. It's because even with their 5 star Heisman pretender QB's, they keep on getting their butts kicked by both... :cool:

The Okieee Dust-Bowl, where football players go to under-perform, suck-cough and choke their college careers away... :D -- Made infamous by 'Big Game Bob' for many years, and now it's being carried on by their new HC, in that always choker tradition.... :oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT