ADVERTISEMENT

Will Urban Meyer be tOSU coach much longer?

Show me where I said Kirby was going to win Nattys every year. You sound nervous like a lot of Bama fans I know. Lol. You should really enjoy these next few years because Nick isn't going to be around much longer.

I never said you said that, I said you think it. And you do. Like I said, you Georgia homers are easy to spot, you think because Saban did it that Kirbs can.

Kirby isn't Saban, and he's not Meyer either. Saban has signed multiple #1 classes, and he's won multiple NCs. Meyer has never signed a #1 class, and he still won three NCs.

Right now, Kirbs is just a guy with a bad haircut who signed a #1 class and choked in the NC game. That makes him on par with Gus Malzahn, not Saban and Meyer.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
You should really enjoy these next few years because Nick isn't going to be around much longer.

You do realize if that happens we'll just hire Dabo, right?

Saban isn't retiring until his health fails him, he's said that publicly and privately. And he's in fabulous shape for his age. Many believe he will coach for at least 10 more years, possibly till he is 80.

The biggest concern I have is that he may stay so long that Dabo decides to retire before he does. But he'll probably win at least 5 more NCs before he leaves, so either way we are golden.

I figure Jimbo and Meyer will probably fight over the other 5-6 NCs. The Bama/A&M game will soon become the marque game in the SEC every year, probably on par with where the Bama-LSU game used to be.

You do realize if that happens we'll just hire Dabo, right?

Saban isn't retiring until his health fails him, he's said that publicly and privately. And he's in fabulous shape for his age. Many believe he will coach for at least 10 more years, possibly till he is 80.

The biggest concern I have is that he may stay so long that Dabo decides to retire before he does. But he'll probably win at least 5 more NCs before he leaves, so either way we are golden.

I figure Jimbo and Meyer will probably fight over the other 5-6 NCs. The Bama/A&M game will soon become the marque game in the SEC every year, probably on par with where the Bama-LSU game used to be.
Lol... you definitely sound nervous. You even lower yourself to taking personal shots at the guy you loved when he was coaching for Saban... that's not a good look.

Lol... you definitely sound nervous. You even lower yourself to taking personal shots at the guy you loved when he was coaching for Saban... that's not a good look.

Did you know that Kirby almost cost Bama the 2015 NC? Pruitt had been working with Bama's LBs in the 'rabbit' package, moving DeShaun Hand and Rashan Evans to DE to get a better rush on the QB. It was put in specifically for mobile QBs, but Kirby nixed using it against Clemson and Deshaun Watson, he said they couldn't handle it.

At halftime, Pruitt went to Saban and said they needed to use the rabbit package in the 2nd half. Kirby said no, Saban overruled him and listened to Pruitt. Hand and Evans had a field day in the 2nd half, and Watson was running for his life the whole time. It swung the game for Bama and gave them the NC.

Kirby is a great recruiter and a great coordinator. We have yet to see if he is a great head coach. There's a long list of guys that did great their first or second year and never did anything close to that again.

Now the chicks mom, the same one who also encouraged her to stay with Smith, has come out and all but called her daughter a liar. One of these days people will learn to stop running with the mob when stories break. Nothing ever added up unless you think police especially was willing to cover up a chick getting her brains beat in in favor of some obscure WR coach.

Now the chicks mom, the same one who also encouraged her to stay with Smith, has come out and all but called her daughter a liar. One of these days people will learn to stop running with the mob when stories break. Nothing ever added up unless you think police especially was willing to cover up a chick getting her brains beat in in favor of some obscure WR coach.

Salem $%itch Trials. People act all outraged and ignore the facts. I am guilty of assuming it was all Zach Smith's fault because I have been conditioned to. None of us know anything about the case, we all like to act like we are in the know. Condemning a man before he has been convicted is irresponsible.

Fact is Urban Meyer has a checkered past when it comes to players off the field issues. Most of us take that as a surefire sign he knew of the assault actually happening and keeping the man on staff.

He lied about knowing it, he should have just said he couldn't speak about an ongoing case due to legal jargen. He would still have been criticized but not called an enabler, or a woman hater.

For those that said he needed to be fired asap, I only hope for your sake a accusation doesn't come your way ,and you are treated like you wanted Urban treated. You might just feel that is unfair.

Dude....did you see the pictures?

I don't think she did it to herself.

Only seen two. One of em is the neck pic and I won’t post it here because idk if it’s against rules or not. But I honestly don’t see anything. That said the word is both were drunks and regularly got into heated arguments. I can honestly see that. There’s a middle ground between her getting her face beat in often like portrayed and some shoving or something happening between two drunk idiots. It doesn’t make sense for her own family to be defending him otherwise.

Yeah the only pictures I have seen are the arm and neck injuries, which certainly could be from an abusive attack but might also occur if he was holding her off or in a two-way drunken stupid fracas. One of the first things his lawyer said was that she had “weaponized” 911.

Assume for a moment that all Meyer knew for sure is that this guy was an alcoholic who was married to an alcoholic and that the two of them got into heated enough arguments for the police to be called. Is that the kind of guy you'd want representing your school and coaching your players?

Today's news is that Foley has been asked for comments on the 2009 situation at UF and has refused to say anything.

There aren't going to be any winners here.

Assume for a moment that all Meyer knew for sure is that this guy was an alcoholic who was married to an alcoholic and that the two of them got into heated enough arguments for the police to be called. Is that the kind of guy you'd want representing your school and coaching your players?

Today's news is that Foley has been asked for comments on the 2009 situation at UF and has refused to say anything.

There aren't going to be any winners here.

I'm
An aclohoc

Reactions: bradleygator
I didn't say Meyer should play private detective, I said to assume that he knew the guy and his wife were drunks and that they got into heated arguments that required police intervention. Aren't you playing with fire to keep someone like that on your payroll?

I didn't say Meyer should play private detective, I said to assume that he knew the guy and his wife were drunks and that they got into heated arguments that required police intervention. Aren't you playing with fire to keep someone like that on your payroll?

No ur not.... Well apparently in the liberal world we live in you are. Its not meyers place to sat what goes on. Now if meyer witnessed it or participated, he would have a problem. Do you realize what a head coach goes thru trying to keep track of 85 players? The coaches are the ones ur supposed to trust on their own

The coach in question is Earl Bruce’s grandson. Urb has said Bruce is like a second father to him, and Bruce obviously has some influence at OSU.

No ur not.... Well apparently in the liberal world we live in you are. Its not meyers place to sat what goes on. Now if meyer witnessed it or participated, he would have a problem. Do you realize what a head coach goes thru trying to keep track of 85 players? The coaches are the ones ur supposed to trust on their own

I appreciate the point but think that goes a bit too far in the coach's interest. If he knew something, at the very least he should have run it up the chain of command. And he may have done that...not sure. But I don't think anyone in a leadership position should have it too easy.

A Gator alumnus died and went to heaven. He was met at the gates of heaven by Saint Peter. Saint Peter took the Gator into this enormous room with a lot of huge wall clocks. Saint Peter said that every person who ever lived or is currently living has one of these clocks on the wall. The clock hands move one minute forward for every lie that the person has told. Saint Peter showed him the clock for George Washington. He said the hands on this clock sit straight up and down, 12 o'clock even, because Washington never told a lie. Saint Peter said "this is the only clock we've got like that. " All of the others had minutes that have ticked off with some having quite a few minutes even quite a few hours. The Gator alum said he would like to see the clock for Steve Spurrier. Saint Peter said "it's right over here. It reads one minute past 12. Steve told a lie one time." "That's interesting." said Mr. Gator "but could you show me the clock for Urban Meyer." "I can show it to you," said Saint Peter "but I'm going to have to take you down to the basement. We've got it down there because we're using it for a fan."

Curious what the finding will be on whether he reported it to administration. If he did I think people are getting too PC with some of this crap about the University should be responsible for crap that happens off campus and the cops got a report on.

They can't control wives/gfs that fail to cooperate with the police/state after initially reporting the stuff. In FL prosecutors and a Judge actually got in hot water for trying to force a victim to testify against the alleged assailant.

Sounds like people are saying Meyer is telling them to shove it on an official suspension that he did nothing wrong.

Sounds like people are saying Meyer is telling them to shove it on an official suspension that he did nothing wrong.

Makes sense. He either didn’t report, in which case he should be fired. Or he did report, in which case a suspension is just token discipline for no reason other than to appease the mob. CUM dont play that! He should announce he did his own investigation and is suspending the OSU president.

If they lose to TCU the fans may physically harm the President and BoT members.

They stuck their finger in the air to test the wind speed, to see what they would be allowed to get away with, and a 3 game suspension covered it.

I really couldn't G-a-S less what the schmuckeyes do or don't do, and UM even less. Moving right along... :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I'm surprised that they actually suspended him. It looks like they suspended the AD as well -- which was probably wise. It would have seemed a bit hypocritical to only suspend Urban Meyer.

Reactions: sadgator
sadgator would take an ass whoopin if it meant actual physical contact.

Foreplay?

The thought of a chick throwing me around is scary. I have encountered too many crazy women who get unhinged at the slightest disagreement. I was always able to leave, but I see some of these little skinny dudes with some amazon and I know they won't be watching any football in the fall.

I have to admit, I'm surprised that they actually suspended him. It looks like they suspended the AD as well -- which was probably wise. It would have seemed a bit hypocritical to only suspend Urban Meyer.

If C. Smith is not already being handsomely paid, you'd think she'd have a slam dunk suit vs Ohio St. for Title IX reporting failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT