ADVERTISEMENT

Will Urban Meyer be tOSU coach much longer?

Now the chicks mom, the same one who also encouraged her to stay with Smith, has come out and all but called her daughter a liar. One of these days people will learn to stop running with the mob when stories break. Nothing ever added up unless you think police especially was willing to cover up a chick getting her brains beat in in favor of some obscure WR coach.

They were willing to do it in tallahassee for a redshirt qb... but that’s tallahassee. If it’s truky evil it happens there first

The findings in the report are beyond troubling...if you have taken the time to read them...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/sports/ohio-state-report-urban-meyer.html

Really? I didn’t think there was anything in there that bad for Meyer.

He doubted her story in 2009, which seems reasonable given no prosecution/no pressed charges.

He didn’t formally report the 2015 incident. But he was told about it by the AD, so I can understand the presumption that it’s already been moved up the chain.

Smith had an affair with a secretary and took recruits to a strip club. That certainly merited a firing but I don’t see how it’s relevant to the Courtney Smith abuse.

He asked about deleting text messages. I wouldn’t want the media looking through all my texts and it’s not like he’s under any duty to preserve them. If I became aware that the media might want to search through my phone on a public records request, deleting texts and search history would happen immediately.

They didn’t comply with the school paper’s record request. Standard.

The memory thing is obviously ridiculous, and the trustees erred in including it if they thought it would help their case for keeping Urb.

To me, the smoking gun against Urb would be a specific instance of abuse that was reported to Urb and he buried it. I haven’t heard anything like that yet.

It sounds like Urb supremely botched his presser, and he brought this on himself by giving lip service to his “core values” when he doesn’t care about anything except winning games. If he gets fired for pr purposes, he really can’t complain.

It’s the memory thing that makes it absurd...

It's ridiculous. Obviously it was included as more of a footnote. But you have to know how stupid that sounds (one of the greatest coaches in NCAA history, who prides himself on attention to detail on probably a thousand different plays, formations, opponent scouting reports, etc... what... couldn't remember that one of his coaches beat his wife?) and you have to know that it's going to be the only thing the opposition latches onto.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT