ADVERTISEMENT

Will Urban Meyer be tOSU coach much longer?

There's a lot wrong if he gets fired for this. This isn't even his text messages - it's his wife saying that he knows. Hear-say - that's not proof.

Also - even if he straight up lied about it to the press...so what? Maybe he didn't feel like talking about a friend of his out in public. I don't get the outrage...OMG a college football coach lied!!

Non-story.

Wtf is it people want him to do exactly? He’s not law enforcement. Smith wasn’t under arrest or charged with anything at the time. What he’s supposed to do let him go over an allegation he has no details about? Stupid.

He is the Teflon coach....With heart trouble. He will survive whatever he chooses to survive before he finds his next dream job...( The Irish).
OSU is as bad if not worse than Alabama, all they want is WINS.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Non-story.

Wtf is it people want him to do exactly? He’s not law enforcement. Smith wasn’t under arrest or charged with anything at the time. What he’s supposed to do let him go over an allegation he has no details about? Stupid.
Meyer lied about the 2015 incident. He point blank said it never happened and then quipped why would anyone make this stuff up. The cover up is always worse than the crime. He's done... and if by some miracle he's not, he will be very easy to recruit against.

Reactions: footnfan1
Why didn’t the police make any arrests for all these ‘incidents?’

Meyer lied about the 2015 incident. He point blank said it never happened and then quipped why would anyone make this stuff up. The cover up is always worse than the crime. He's done... and if by some miracle he's not, he will be very easy to recruit against.

I guess...why would any of that matter? So what - he lied to reporters...big shit. He wasn't under oath, didn't lie to the University. I have no idea why anyone would care that a coach lied to cover for a friend of his.

That ****ing thug Zach Smith is who we should be taking about not Urban!!!! Those pictures are HORRIBLE!!! His ass needs to be in ****ing Jail somewhere... What a ****ing COWARD...

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I guess...why would any of that matter? So what - he lied to reporters...big shit. He wasn't under oath, didn't lie to the University. I have no idea why anyone would care that a coach lied to cover for a friend of his.
Besides the fact that your integrity would be questioned moving forward... I guess you're right!!!! STOP IT

I think Meyer will survive this if he wants to. He is probably in a strong enough position to do so anyway whether its right or not.

Edit: May change my thinking on this if there are multiple reports of this stuff out there that Meyer knew about like some are claiming now.

Last edited:
Far as I see people’s shock and anger are misplaced. Apparently there were double digit incidents and cops were called each time. They’re supposedly photos of the abuse yet Smith was never charged and arrested. Instead of people being outraged over that the reaction is “why didn’t Meyer do something!” Stupid. What is he supposed to do that law enforcement didn’t? If you want to think less of him for not firing Smith based on allegations then by all means, but beyond that I don’t get all the outrage.

Reactions: RHT 3
Far as I see people’s shock and anger are misplaced. Apparently there were double digit incidents and cops were called each time. They’re supposedly photos of the abuse yet Smith was never charged and arrested. Instead of people being outraged over that the reaction is “why didn’t Meyer do something!” Stupid. What is he supposed to do that law enforcement didn’t? If you want to think less of him for not firing Smith based on allegations then by all means, but beyond that I don’t get all the outrage.

I see your point but if he knew about the stuff and there appeared to be evidence of it he saw he may have a big problem. Is that guy claiming this lady is one of those people that create false reports by creating marks on herself to claim abuse?

If so that would change things some and maybe explain the cops actions if they thought she was doing mess like that. I know here in my town we had a few pull mess like that to try to get guys in big trouble or help with a divorce case. Usually the cops will arrest just based on accusations however.

Here's the thing - it's not Urban's job to tell the media the truth. If he lied to cops, the University, under oath then that's a different thing but simply skirting 1 question from a reporter doesn't seem like it reaches that same level.

At this point that's where this is at - Urban "might" have known something. You get fired for that?

Now if evidence comes up where he mislead those in authority or misdirected investigations then we're talking - but based on him lying to a reporter doesn't seem to rise to the level for termination.

I see your point but if he knew about the stuff and there appeared to be evidence of it he saw he may have a big problem. Is that guy claiming this lady is one of those people that create false reports by creating marks on herself to claim abuse?

If so that would change things some and maybe explain the cops actions if they thought she was doing mess like that. I know here in my town we had a few pull mess like that to try to get guys in big trouble or help with a divorce case. Usually the cops will arrest just based on accusations however.

To me there are two conversations here...morally and legally. If he knew then you can think morally he’s a piece of shit cool, no issue. Legally I’m not seeing why this is his problem. Smith never got arrested or charged, why is Urban supposed to play cop and judge? Whatever happened that woman got failed well before it got to Meyer knowing.

To me there are two conversations here...morally and legally. If he knew then you can think morally he’s a piece of shit cool, no issue. Legally I’m not seeing why this is his problem. Smith never got arrested or charged, why is Urban supposed to play cop and judge? Whatever happened that woman got failed well before it got to Meyer knowing.

It seems like they are trying to hold Meyer responsible for his arrest in 2009 while at UF and the claims from a few years back. If you are in a high profile job they want to second guess everything you do now when it comes to domestic violence allegations I guess.

If you want to think less of him for not firing Smith based on allegations then by all means, but beyond that I don’t get all the outrage.

I mean, it’s not like he was beating Urban’s wife. I don’t get why anyone else would care, amirite?

There's a lot wrong if he gets fired for this. This isn't even his text messages - it's his wife saying that he knows. Hear-say - that's not proof.

Also - even if he straight up lied about it to the press...so what? Maybe he didn't feel like talking about a friend of his out in public. I don't get the outrage...OMG a college football coach lied!!

He needs to beat his wife for saying that

.......oh, wait on that

Yeah you guys are missing a huge aspect.

We live in the #metoo era.

It doesn't matter, there's enough attempt to silence a victim within the program, whether it was Meyer or not, that Meyer is toast.

The buck-eye stops here, so to say.

Reactions: rdgtr and sadgator
We all need to stop this guilty until proven innocent crap. This story is a claim made by a woman against a high-profile name. Did Urban admit his guilt, has he been proven guilty of anything? No and no.

This is another story where the room is playing lynch mob because it's the popular thing to do. I don't advocate for domestic assault but this is not the Penn State situation. Let's stop calling for his head until his guilt has been proven. If in two months this proves to be another false accusation then the system will work itself out. Just Stop.

We all need to stop this guilty until proven innocent crap. This story is a claim made by a woman against a high-profile name. Did Urban admit his guilt, has he been proven guilty of anything? No and no.

This is another story where the room is playing lynch mob because it's the popular thing to do. I don't advocate for domestic assault but this is not the Penn State situation. Let's stop calling for his head until his guilt has been proven. If in two months this proves to be another false accusation then the system will work itself out. Just Stop.
The domestic violence isn't in question.
Ohio State just placed Meyer on paid leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT