ADVERTISEMENT

Will Urban Meyer be tOSU coach much longer?

We all need to stop this guilty until proven innocent crap. This story is a claim made by a woman against a high-profile name. Did Urban admit his guilt, has he been proven guilty of anything? No and no.

This is another story where the room is playing lynch mob because it's the popular thing to do. I don't advocate for domestic assault but this is not the Penn State situation. Let's stop calling for his head until his guilt has been proven. If in two months this proves to be another false accusation then the system will work itself out. Just Stop.
What do people normally say.. "If it happens on your watch," then you are RESPONSIBLE

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Where is the proof? This is just another example of society becoming more toxic. When it happens to you, let me know how it feels.

The University is crumbling to pressure to preserve it's image. The media is so disgusting right now, they will run with a story and lambast anybody for views. We all fall for it to. Until something comes out that shows he did anything wrong I will withhold my judgement.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Like I said already there's two convos here...morally and legally. If you wanna say he's a piece of shit for knowing and not getting rid of the guy, then fine whatever. But legally this isn't his issue. Cops were called 9 times and never arrested or charged the guy with anything, why aren't people looking into them? Why the hell is Urban supposed to be responsible for a failure of law enforcement? And if he wasn't arrested maybe there's more to the story that hasn't been released yet. People just want a scalp and aren't using their brains.

Where is the proof? This is just another example of society becoming more toxic. When it happens to you, let me know how it feels.

The University is crumbling to pressure to preserve it's image. The media is so disgusting right now, they will run with a story and lambast anybody for views. We all fall for it to. Until something comes out that shows he did anything wrong I will withhold my judgement.

Yes but these days when something like this happens, they end up firing everybody. This is the post-Paterno and #metoo world.

If you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be a part of the conversation.

Mob rule and public opinion will take you down now.

Like I said already there's two convos here...morally and legally. If you wanna say he's a piece of shit for knowing and not getting rid of the guy, then fine whatever. But legally this isn't his issue. Cops were called 9 times and never arrested or charged the guy with anything, why aren't people looking into them? Why the hell is Urban supposed to be responsible for a failure of law enforcement? And if he wasn't arrested maybe there's more to the story that hasn't been released yet. People just want a scalp and aren't using their brains.

Even the morality side of the question has a spectrum of issues. There's a difference if the University was running an investigation and Urban lied to them. It's different if Urban lied to the police - all lies aren't created the same. To suggest that Urban lying to a reporter about something he wasn't comfortable talking about is the same as lying to he police or the University, that's a stretch.

I think Urban may not survive this now. Being put on paid leave is usually a strong sign someone in a position like that won't be coming back.

My main problem with it is he wasn't charged in 2015 or whenever it was and I don't think going back to the guy actually being arrested in 09 for domestic violence in Gainesville is proper with how long ago that was and it wasn't a career killer then in the media like it is now many times. I don't remember the media talking much about that arrest back then.

There's a lot wrong if he gets fired for this. This isn't even his text messages - it's his wife saying that he knows. Hear-say - that's not proof.

Also - even if he straight up lied about it to the press...so what? Maybe he didn't feel like talking about a friend of his out in public. I don't get the outrage...OMG a college football coach lied!!

Yep, wouldn’t hold up in court. Plus if the guy denies it, what is Urb to do? This is the police and courts job.

Urban has been put on paid leave by OSU
He’s gone.

Danny is right about Post-Paterno world stuff. If you are in an admin position of authorty and you enable the alleged type of behavior, or even appear to, you are gone.

sadgator is really amazed. Really thought this one was a bit thin and that Urban had more credit built up. The OSU AD has gigantic balls.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Yep, wouldn’t hold up in court. Plus if the guy denies it, what is Urb to do? This is the police and courts job.

And there's a major difference between this situation and others where coaches have actually side stepped cops, avoided the Administration, etc. - The cops looked into all of this. At that point there's been a spot light placed on the situation and that's that. The only thing there's really evidence of is that Urban potentially lied to the media.

No...read the reports...he had his guy talk her out of pressing charges in 2009...

He knew, and then he did nothing to address it further.

Pretty sure he was arrested and the state filed a no information due to her not cooperating to push it further. That happens in like 90% of these cases it seems.

DeFries talked her out of it. Read the story man. He totally knew.

It was quick how fast the state filed the no information in 09. I was basically just saying the cops did actually arrest him for aggravated battery on a pregnant woman (2nd degree felony) and took him to the county jail and he had to be seen by the Judge before being released.

Yes but these days when something like this happens, they end up firing everybody. This is the post-Paterno and #metoo world.

If you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be a part of the conversation.

Mob rule and public opinion will take you down now.
I understand it and I vehemently oppose the trend. I don't care if the mob all jumps off the bridge, I will let them verbally attack me as they fall to their own collective doom. I refuse to fall victim to this and will always voice my displeasure. When innocence is forsaken for the sake of common stupidly, humanity is lost.

Innocent until proven guilty. I have a friend who was fired from his position and drug through the streets based off a false report. He was later found innocent after the girl admitted her lie but he was not returned his position. Thankfully he is intelligent and has picked up the pieces , but others are not so lucky.

If domestic assault occurs I will be the first to the stoning party. It has to have actually happened to deserve the punishment, until then I will hold back on the rocks.

I understand it and I vehemently oppose the trend. I don't care if the mob all jumps off the bridge, I will let them verbally attack me as they fall to their own collective doom. I refuse to fall victim to this and will always voice my displeasure. When innocence is forsaken for the sake of common stupidly, humanity is lost.

Innocent until proven guilty. I have a friend who was fired from his position and drug through the streets based off a false report. He was later found innocent after the girl admitted her lie but he was not returned his position. Thankfully he is intelligent and has picked up the pieces , but others are not so lucky.

If domestic assault occurs I will be the first to the stoning party. It has to have actually happened to deserve the punishment, until then I will hold back on the rocks.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with you.

But the concept of "let the courts decide" basically doesn't exist when it comes to anything high profile anymore.

Now, I will say I'm shocked at how quickly they placed Meyer on leave, but I guess it goes to show that the admin is aware how waiting even a day could bring a Hell storm down on them from these people.

He'll be Ohio St's fall guy just like Tressel was. The ex-wife said Ohio St. counsel contacted her asking about the case after the last incident, so they knew. But they're gonna act all indignant like it was Meyer's call to make or something. Far as I see the failure is on law enforcement and the university. Anybody think the university knew about it and let Meyer keep the coach on staff even though they disagreed? Cmon.

But the concept of "let the courts decide" basically doesn't exist when it comes to anything high profile anymore.

Now, I will say I'm shocked at how quickly they placed Meyer on leave, but I guess it goes to show that the admin is aware how waiting even a day could bring a Hell storm down on them from these people.

Depends where you are at sometimes. At Miss State you can have a video of an almost 300 pound 5 star D lineman pounding a female like crazy on the pavement and nothing happens to the coach or AD for keeping him on the team.

He'll be Ohio St's fall guy just like Tressel was. The ex-wife said Ohio St. counsel contacted her asking about the case after the last incident, so they knew. But they're gonna act all indignant like it was Meyer's call to make or something. Far as I see the failure is on law enforcement and the university. Anybody think the university knew about it and let Meyer keep the coach on staff even though they disagreed? Cmon.
There might be some truth to that. You’ve got to look at the timeline of when the injunction for protection was granted. At that point, he was clearly deemed a threat by a judge and there is no way that everybody associated with him didn’t know. Gotta reread the story.

Depends where you are at sometimes. At Miss State you can have a video of an almost 300 pound 5 star D lineman pounding a female like crazy on the pavement and nothing happens to the coach or AD for keeping him on the team.

And this shows how ignorant you are, as well as agenda driven.

What a miserable child you are.

Absolutely, in no way, the same thing as what is happening in Columbus.

Not officially gone - yet. The “paid administrative leave” maneuver is the first sigficant step in the OSU administration performing their due diligence to determine whether or not he can be fired for cause (no buyout for CUM) or not (in which there’ll probably be some sort of negotiated buyout).

Stay tuned...

Have we ever seen any coach be given paid administrative leave and actually come back from it?

Urban could perform a public nazi salute at a terrorist convention, and he would still be hired by any college that he chooses to coach at.
giphy.gif

Reactions: sadgator
And this shows how ignorant you are, as well as agenda driven.

What a miserable child you are.

Absolutely, in no way, the same thing as what is happening in Columbus.

No it shows your ignorance. That would have been headline material for weeks at a place like UF or OSU. They survived that joke one game suspension simply because it was Miss State. The only big school with a video that bad that it would be pushed under the rug is maybe Bama with how things are now.

You are the frickin child if you think otherwise. The guy is on tape pounding that female like crazy. Much more than that assistant coach did to a female even in the accusations and there is 100% video proof of it happening.

No it shows your ignorance. That would have been headline material for weeks at a place like UF or OSU. They survived that joke one game suspension simply because it was Miss State. The only big school with a video that bad that it would be pushed under the rug is maybe Bama with how things are now.

You are the frickin child if you think otherwise. The guy is on tape pounding that female like crazy. Much more than that assistant coach did to a female even in the accusations and there is 100% video proof of it happening.

Lol and you miss the difference.

This is administrative.

Completely different.

But you don't understand dichotomy, because you're an emotional child, and that seems to shape your world view.

You should probably check into what the word "precedent" means. Seems odd you don't understand it, considering how strongly you believe in things that you consider are, in fact precedents.

Nothing to will help you though, apparently.

Absurdly agenda driven and catch phrase enthralled.

Hard to really have conversation with you. Your reasoning skills suck.

What a dog and pony show. Urb is scape coated and OSU is vindicated through the firing. Urb catches on somewhere else and all is well. What a joke.

Non-story.

Wtf is it people want him to do exactly? He’s not law enforcement. Smith wasn’t under arrest or charged with anything at the time. What he’s supposed to do let him go over an allegation he has no details about? Stupid.
This is ridiculous...that's the problem with society right now. If my job found out that I heard about a domestic issue with a friend or was privy and didn't tell my job about it or make sure that person was...arrested by the police?...and then they would fire me?!?

This whole thing is stupid, unless things were completely out of control...but if they were why didn't the POLICE arrest people and take them in? If a woman is assaulted they bring your ass in.

To me this a media driven story, the mobs hear domestic assault and football= let's get out our pitchforks. The woman "claims" he "might" have known about the assault. So a guy who employs your husband that you keep going back to after he assaults you "might" have knowledge of your issues and he hasn't taken your husband out back and beat the justice from him.

Why did you not report this earlier? Did Urban have power over all of the Columbus police force? Was he keeping you quiet with hush money? Perhaps he didn't feel it was his duty to interfere in another couples issues. If he had you would have sued him for firing your husband or assaulting him.

I don't know all the details and I am irresponsibly putting all the blame on Mrs. Smith. Possibly smearing her name, if I were a public figure I would be called a misogynist for these statements. Kind of unfair to label somebody without all the facts eh.

F.T.R you and I aren't in disagreement because you are not one of those declaring he should be fired. You are just narrating on the situation, I am simply highlighting it's numerous frailties. People need to think before they make a guilty declaration, it could happen to anybody.

I am not advocating for Urban, more for the position of anybody that unfairly is accosted by a blind mob calling for a head on a pike. It could be yours tommorow.

This isn’t about one isolated or questionable incident of DV.

This is about an established and documented pattern of abuse over multiple years that the Meyers were aware of and actively engaged in addressing.

And oh, by the way, he was arrested....back in 2009 when Urban’s team talked her out of pressing charges...

Last edited:
Ohio State has got a major image problem right now, with this Meyer thing coming on the heels of the recent wrestling sexual misconduct allegations that made national news in June. Regardless of the legalities of either situation, I believe you will see Ohio State react aggressively to give the appearance of cleaning things up.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ahead-of-scandal-fire-urban-meyer-immediately

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/24/zach-smith-fired-urban-meyer-ohio-state-football

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/sexual-misconduct-ohio-state.html

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...an-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal

Last edited:
Lol and you miss the difference.

This is administrative.

Completely different.

But you don't understand dichotomy, because you're an emotional child, and that seems to shape your world view.

You should probably check into what the word "precedent" means. Seems odd you don't understand it, considering how strongly you believe in things that you consider are, in fact precedents.

Nothing to will help you though, apparently.

Absurdly agenda driven and catch phrase enthralled.

Hard to really have conversation with you. Your reasoning skills suck.

Nothing will help you apparently. At many places Dan and his AD would have been destroyed for doing what they did with that video out there. A place like UF would have took that decision out of their hands and never went along with a video in the public like that. Also it happened while violence against women was a huge story in the NFL etc.

Ohio State has got a major image problem right now, with this Meyer thing coming on the heels of the recent wrestling sexual misconduct allegations that made national news in June. Regardless of the legalities of either situation, I believe you will see Ohio State react aggressively to give the appearance of cleaning things up.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ahead-of-scandal-fire-urban-meyer-immediately

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/24/zach-smith-fired-urban-meyer-ohio-state-football

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/sexual-misconduct-ohio-state.html

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...an-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal

High level, high revenue sports are in the pr business. Nike doesn’t want to put its swoosh on the uniforms for wife beater U. They obviously would prefer not to fire Urban. Nobody wants to advertise with a 7 or 8 win OSU team either. OSU will see if things calm down a little bit and whether they can sell Urb as relatively innocent, and if not he will be gone. My guess is that the 2009 arrest and his apparently pretty defiant statements to reporters last week mean he can’t be rehabbed. He probably will surface in South Bend after he gets scrubbed up by some sponsor-directed media rehab.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Nothing will help you apparently. At many places Dan and his AD would have been destroyed for doing what they did with that video out there. A place like UF would have took that decision out of their hands and never went along with a video in the public like that. Also it happened while violence against women was a huge story in the NFL etc.

It’s not the same thing, because nobody cares what happens at MSU. There’s no story, so there’s no outrage. Now that Mullen’s at UF (and an Urb protege) someone could make into a story (but probably won’t). It’s the same as the baseball players’ twitter comments. Nobody cared back then, but now they’re in the spotlight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT