ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gators football under NCAA investigation

alaskanseminole

Bull Gator
Oct 20, 2002
San Antonio, TX
I tried to tell ya'll you guys were next. Regardless, this glorious topic deserves its own thread.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE
Dallas Check This Out GIF

Florida Gators football under NCAA investigation​

The Gators say “they have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA.”

The Florida Gators football program is under an NCAA investigation.

The Florida Gators’ football program is under NCAA investigation.

The investigation has been underway since at least June 9 when the NCAA sent UF President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry. That’s a formal document the NCAA’s enforcement staff sends to schools to inform them of the investigation before interviewing any of their employees or athletes.

The specific nature of the investigation and potential violations are not specified in the four-page note. But in October, the Tampa Bay Times requested any notices of inquiry regarding potential violations related to name, image and likeness or recruiting. The request was initially denied but fulfilled Friday.

“We have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA,” Gators spokesperson Steve McClain said. “We hold ourselves to high standards of excellence and integrity on and off the field. Because we follow NCAA policies about maintaining confidentiality, we are unable to offer additional comments.”

The investigation comes as NCAA enforcement tries to keep up with the quickly evolving spaces of recruiting and name, image and likeness. The Gators were at the center of that space last year with an eight-figure NIL dispute involving blue-chip quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada and the third-party Gator Collective. Rashada initially signed with Florida but ended up at Arizona State, where he started two games as a true freshman.

In February, Gators head coach Billy Napier was asked whether he expected to hear from the NCAA about the Rashada situation. His response: “We don’t.”

In December 2020, the Gators were sanctioned by the NCAA in a separate case. They received a one-year probation for recruiting violations under then-coach Dan Mullen. A Level II infraction involved Mullen and an assistant meeting with a recruit who hadn’t finished his junior year of high school. A Level III infraction centered on impermissible contact between coaches and recruits who were on their way to a tournament in Tampa.

Last week, Florida State was sanctioned after offensive coordinator Alex Atkins drove a transfer prospect to a meeting with a booster who led a name, image and likeness collective. That booster offered the prospect $15,000 as a recruiting inducement, according to the negotiated resolution between the NCAA and the Seminoles.

You posted about this in the team moving forward into 2024 so why create a thread when you have already commented about it in another current thread?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
When was the last time an ncaa investigation actually hurt anyone? Ole Miss got straight busted a few years ago and if there was any difference on the field I didn’t see it. If anything they were probably better than they had traditionally been for decades prior to that. I literally think there is no downside to cheating as much as possible me in recruiting at least as far as the ncaa goes.

Ole MS had a very difficult time after they were busted

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Now the jokes on us! Rahsada is a problem.

What is an assistant coach caught up with that drunk guy's nutty claim to Rashada? Rashada probably cooperated fully since his family got mad he wasn't getting anywhere near what they thought he might.

When was the last time an ncaa investigation actually hurt anyone? Ole Miss got straight busted a few years ago and if there was any difference on the field I didn’t see it. If anything they were probably better than they had traditionally been for decades prior to that. I literally think there is no downside to cheating as much as possible me in recruiting at least as far as the ncaa goes.
Missouri had the hammer put down them a few years ago for nothing(after cooperating fully with the NCAA). Meanwhile UNC lies and denies to them for much worse offenses only to receive slap on the wrist. So the message hear is …..

Missouri had the hammer put down them a few years ago for nothing(after cooperating fully with the NCAA). Meanwhile UNC lies and denies to them for much worse offenses only to receive slap on the wrist. So the message hear is …..
Did it really hurt Missouri though? I don’t remember them being any worse than they were historically, and in fact they’re probably as good now as they’ve ever been. The point being even if you get busted for recruiting violations, not only do sanctions not seem to have any real on field effect, those teams actually seem to get better afterward. So ncaa sanctions don’t scare me at all, tbh

Did it really hurt Missouri though? I don’t remember them being any worse than they were historically, and in fact they’re probably as good now as they’ve ever been. The point being even if you get busted for recruiting violations, not only do sanctions not seem to have any real on field effect, those teams actually seem to get better afterward. So ncaa sanctions don’t scare me at all, tbh
This is probably true.

As long as you have boosters willing to pay NIL a scholarship reduction wouldn't hurt too much.

It’s funny how every other team listed as being punished by the ncaa is better than us, and we have been wandering around in the desert for 15 years…

Honestly, sadgator kinda laughs at the thought of any ncaa punishment…

How much worse could it really get?!?!?!?

Like…”Oh no, if the ncaa imposes sanctions on us from rashada, we might really start to suck…” Lol.

Never has @sadgator been more prescient when he penned these words:

how NIL works per @sadgator

Scenario 1:

Player: “I wants lots of money and prizes.”

Coach: “OK.”

Player: [Puts on school hat].

Scenario 2:

Coach: “We don’t have any.”

Player: [Does not put on school hat]

Addendum:

NCAA: “Where did all these monies and prizes come from?”

Coach: “I don’t know.”

NCAA: “Ok.”

Never has @sadgator been more prescient when he penned these words:

how NIL works per @sadgator

Scenario 1:

Coach: “OK.”

Player: [Puts on school hat].

Scenario 2:

Coach: “We don’t have any.”

Player: [Does not put on school hat]

Addendum:

NCAA: “Where did all these monies and prizes come from?”

Coach: “I don’t know.”

LSMFAO…good find…

How NIL works:

Addendum #2 updated for 2024:

Player: “School A already gave me lots of monies and prizes, but School B has WAY better monies and prizes, and now I want to go there instead.”

School A: “Wtf?”

NCAA: “Sanctions.”

School B: “Really?”

NCAA: “No, j/k…lol.”

Addendum 3 (Conference expansion):

School A: “We could give lots better monies and prizes to players if we were in BIGGER Conference, and so we are going to go there.”

smaller Conference: “Well, School A was a charter member and their leaving our conference will not only destroy our regional model, but will threaten the entire integrity of the sport as a whole.”

BIGGER conference: “So?”

School A: “So?”

NCAA: “So?”

ESPN: “So?”

Player: “🤑”

Fan: “🤮”

Last edited:
Is the NCAA just throwing crap out there to look like they are enforcing vague rules? I was under the impression these collectives were to be seperate from the universities and so the universities have nothing to do with the
NIL deals. Is there a there there, or are they, like I said, just trying to look good?

Reactions: LordofallSocks
Addendum 4 (Coaching Transitions):

School A [to current Coach]: “You are not very good at giving away monies and prizes, so we are going to give you lots of monies and prizes to go away.”

Outgoing Coach: “Ok.”

Outgoing Coach’s Wife: “:)

School A [to Incoming Coach]: “We are going to give you lots of monies and prizes to come to our school.”

Incoming Coach: “Ok.”

Incoming Coach’s Wife: “:)

Incoming Players [to School A]: “Give us monies and prizes.”

School A [to Incoming Players]: “We gave all our monies and prizes to outgoing and incoming coaches.”

Incoming Players: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Mamas: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Papas: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Uncles: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Girlfriends: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ High School Coaches: “:mad:

Incoming and Current Players of School A: “Boo-Hoo our Outgoing Coach is gone, we deserve lots and lots of hugs and monies and prizes.”

Rival School of School A [to Incoming and Current Players of School A]: “We feel bad for you, come have some of our monies and prizes.”

NCAA: “👍”

Outgoing Players of School A: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Mamas: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Papas: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Uncles: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Girlfriends: “:)

Outgoing Players’ High School Coaches: “:)

ESPN [to Outgoing Coach]: “Come be an analyst and we will give you lots of monies and prizes.”

Outgoing Coach [Now ESPN Analyst]: “I think School A is going to suck next year.”

School A: “:mad:

Fans of School A: “:mad:

Fans of Rival School of School A: “:)

Last edited:
Addendum 4 (Coaching Transitions):

School A [to current Coach]: “You are not very good at giving away monies and prizes, so we are going to give you lots of monies and prizes to go away.”

School A [to incoming Coach]: “We are going to give you lots of monies and prizes to come to our school.”

Incoming Coach: “Ok.”

Incoming Coach’s Wife: “:)

Incoming Players to School A: “Give us monies and prizes.”

School A [to Incoming Players]: “We gave all our monies and prizes to outgoing and incoming coaches.”

Incoming Players: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Mamas: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Papas: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Uncles: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ Girlfriends: “:mad:

Incoming Players’ High School Coaches: “:mad:

Incoming and Current Players of School A: “Boo-Hoo our coach is gone, we deserve lots and lots of hugs and monies and prizes.”

Rival School of School A [to Incoming and Current Players of School A]: “We feel bad for you, come have some of our monies and prizes.”

Outgoing Players of School A: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Mamas: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Papas: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Uncles: “:)

Outgoing Players’ Girlfriends: “:)

Outgoing Players’ High School Coaches: “:)

ESPN [to Outgoing Coach]: “Come be an analyst and we will give you lots of monies and prizes.”

Outgoing Coach [Now ESPN Analyst]: “I think School A is going to suck next year.”

School A: “:mad:

Fans of School A: “:mad:

Fans of Rival School of School A: “:)
That was a lot of work but worth it.

Our main bitch about UF is that they don’t have a collective together. At the same time, the school’s supposed to have nothing to do with it. I guess the schools who get it right are just fortunate. 🤷‍♂️

I tried to tell ya'll you guys were next. Regardless, this glorious topic deserves its own thread.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE
Dallas Check This Out GIF

Florida Gators football under NCAA investigation​

The Gators say “they have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA.”

The Florida Gators football program is under an NCAA investigation.

The Florida Gators’ football program is under NCAA investigation.

The investigation has been underway since at least June 9 when the NCAA sent UF President Ben Sasse a notice of inquiry. That’s a formal document the NCAA’s enforcement staff sends to schools to inform them of the investigation before interviewing any of their employees or athletes.

The specific nature of the investigation and potential violations are not specified in the four-page note. But in October, the Tampa Bay Times requested any notices of inquiry regarding potential violations related to name, image and likeness or recruiting. The request was initially denied but fulfilled Friday.

“We have been and will continue to cooperate with the NCAA,” Gators spokesperson Steve McClain said. “We hold ourselves to high standards of excellence and integrity on and off the field. Because we follow NCAA policies about maintaining confidentiality, we are unable to offer additional comments.”

The investigation comes as NCAA enforcement tries to keep up with the quickly evolving spaces of recruiting and name, image and likeness. The Gators were at the center of that space last year with an eight-figure NIL dispute involving blue-chip quarterback recruit Jaden Rashada and the third-party Gator Collective. Rashada initially signed with Florida but ended up at Arizona State, where he started two games as a true freshman.

In February, Gators head coach Billy Napier was asked whether he expected to hear from the NCAA about the Rashada situation. His response: “We don’t.”

In December 2020, the Gators were sanctioned by the NCAA in a separate case. They received a one-year probation for recruiting violations under then-coach Dan Mullen. A Level II infraction involved Mullen and an assistant meeting with a recruit who hadn’t finished his junior year of high school. A Level III infraction centered on impermissible contact between coaches and recruits who were on their way to a tournament in Tampa.

Last week, Florida State was sanctioned after offensive coordinator Alex Atkins drove a transfer prospect to a meeting with a booster who led a name, image and likeness collective. That booster offered the prospect $15,000 as a recruiting inducement, according to the negotiated resolution between the NCAA and the Seminoles.
Meh. I'll wait until the NCAA strips Michigan of an astericked national title. 😂

giphy.gif

Alaskan you remind me of a scene from Caddyshack. The Judge is walking into the locker room and all the old men with no lives are playing cards and he says, “Don’t you have any Jobs?” Don’t you? Or is your existence so pathetic that you run over here like some kid running to Mommy to tell on his brother? “Mommy Timmy broke the rules that everyone breaks but, I’m telling on him since I have nothing else to do in my boring life!”

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Alaskan you remind me of a scene from Caddyshack. The Judge is walking into the locker room and all the old men with no lives are playing cards and he says, “Don’t you have any Jobs?” Don’t you? Or is your existence so pathetic that you run over here like some kid running to Mommy to tell on his brother? “Mommy Timmy broke the rules that everyone breaks but, I’m telling on him since I have nothing else to do in my boring life!”
And you're the bartender from Boondock Saints.

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

...says the guy who starts more threads whining crying bitching moaning about FSU than his own team.

Thank you very little.

Addendum 3 (Conference expansion):

School A: “We could give lots better monies and prizes to players if we were in BIGGER Conference, and so we are going to go there.”

smaller Conference: “Well, School A was a charter member and their leaving our conference will not only destroy our regional model, but will threaten the entire integrity of the sport as a whole.”

BIGGER conference: “So?”

School A: “So?”

NCAA: “So?”

ESPN: “So?”

Player: “🤑”

Fan: “🤮”
You used the word integrity when discussing CFB. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT