ADVERTISEMENT

Who we are as a program, school, fanbase, State, people

NorthJerseyGator

Gator Great
Sep 17, 2010
We all make mistakes and some people don't like others that draw negative attention but Gators need Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, or Mike Leach as coach. Spurrier is too old for a second stint and Gators identity and fanbase wants have always been offense with moxie, sarcasm, and confidence. Freeze, Kiffen, and Leach are all in that mold like Spurrier was. If Urban gets shoveled over the fence up the road in JAX soon, then ok, I'll accept him as backup plan.

Unless we can get an upcoming, true to the core, genuine son of a Preacher man to lead us to glory like all our Heisman winners were and did.........we gotta go with the wily, sarcastic, smiling, good times, fun to drink and party with Freeze, Kiffen, Leach, and apparently newly barhopping Meyer 🤣 or other guys with that personality and offensive confidence and moxie.

I'm not a native Floridian, I'm an All-American having grown up in 7 States but did my time in Gainesville from '00-'04, lol. From my unique outsider and insider (as a fan) perspectives, based on the kind of people, players, talent, culture, and history (both football and actual history going back to early 1500's) that have made the great State of Florida what it is, we have to go with a comfortable, easy going, personable, intelligent, party boy, let it loose, wise quipping, chess playing, observant, type of coach who draws the ire of non Gators fans.

Again, I'd prefer an unknown son of a Preacher man to be coach and to be QB, ideally both at same time, haha, because that has been who has won all our Heismans and Natties.....but until those once in a while coaches and players sprout up, we gotta go with a high IQ, laughing, speaks his mind guy that you can have a blast with at the bar like Freeze, Kiffen, Leach.....it's just what the State of Florida and it's history and people have always found successful....real strong righteousness one or a smart party boy....or both rolled up into one ideally......🤣🐊🤠🇺🇲

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
We all make mistakes and some people don't like others that draw negative attention but Gators need Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, or Mike Leach as coach. Spurrier is too old for a second stint and Gators identity and fanbase wants have always been offense with moxie, sarcasm, and confidence. Freeze, Kiffen, and Leach are all in that mold like Spurrier was. If Urban gets shoveled over the fence up the road in JAX soon, then ok, I'll accept him as backup plan.

Unless we can get an upcoming, true to the core, genuine son of a Preacher man to lead us to glory like all our Heisman winners were and did.........we gotta go with the wily, sarcastic, smiling, good times, fun to drink and party with Freeze, Kiffen, Leach, and apparently newly barhopping Meyer 🤣 or other guys with that personality and offensive confidence and moxie.

I'm not a native Floridian, I'm an All-American having grown up in 7 States but did my time in Gainesville from '00-'04, lol. From my unique outsider and insider (as a fan) perspectives, based on the kind of people, players, talent, culture, and history (both football and actual history going back to early 1500's) that have made the great State of Florida what it is, we have to go with a comfortable, easy going, personable, intelligent, party boy, let it loose, wise quipping, chess playing, observant, type of coach who draws the ire of non Gators fans.

Again, I'd prefer an unknown son of a Preacher man to be coach and to be QB, ideally both at same time, haha, because that has been who has won all our Heismans and Natties.....but until those once in a while coaches and players sprout up, we gotta go with a high IQ, laughing, speaks his mind guy that you can have a blast with at the bar like Freeze, Kiffen, Leach.....it's just what the State of Florida and it's history and people have always found successful....real strong righteousness one or a smart party boy....or both rolled up into one ideally......🤣🐊🤠🇺🇲

We have to get a better recruiter if Mullen doesn't turn this around next season. Other SEC fans are right when they say they cant believe we aren't always top 5 area in recruiting especially considering Miami and FSU's current situation. I think Kiffin would do good in recruiting and on gamedays with what UF would offer him. He won't stay at a place where he can't compete for the SEC most years too long. If LSU doesn't end up taking him that would probably be my choice if Mullen doesn't get things on track soon.

Last edited:
We have to get a better recruiter if Mullen doesn't turn this around next season. Other SEC fans are right when they say they cant believe we aren't always top 5 area in recruiting especially considering Miami and FSU's current situation. I think Kiffin would do good in recruiting and on gamedays with what UF would offer him. He won't stay at a place where he can't compete for the SEC most years too long. If LSU doesn't end up taking him that would probably be my choice if Mullen doesn't get things on track soon.
I've been itching for the Lane Train for some years now. Leach may be too old for us, Urban may not have the fire in the belly anymore, and Freeze is someone I've been considering only in the past year or so. Any offensive high IQ mind with laid back, easy going attitude that doesn't get too cute on play calling like Mullen does is fine by me. Essentially, I'm looking for Spurrier qualities and personality, haha. It just fits who we've always been and what we're good at. Lane's kids are the grandkids of John Reaves so he's got that going for him too, haha.

I posted on different occasions that Hugh Freeze is my top choice. He served his punishment and is well deserving of a 2nd chance at a P5 school, granted that no other school beats us to him.
I'll pass on Lane Kiffin. He was a failure at USC and that's all we need to see. Someone on this board also mentioned Kiffin would be an absolute cancer long term. Still trying to figure out the incident between Kiffin and Nick Saban's daughter.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I posted on different occasions that Hugh Freeze is my top choice. He served his punishment and is well deserving of a 2nd chance at a P5 school, granted that no other school beats us to him.
I'll pass on Lane Kiffin. He was a failure at USC and that's all we need to see. Someone on this board also mentioned Kiffin would be an absolute cancer long term. Still trying to figure out the incident between Kiffin and Nick Saban's daughter.
In fairness to Kiffin I believe USC was on probation when he was there

Reactions: TennesseeGator
In fairness to Kiffin I believe USC was on probation when he was there
Yes, they were on probation but Kiffin wasn't exactly their top choice. As a matter of fact, Jack Del Rio was somewhere like the Trojans 4th or 5th choice before finally settling on Kiffin.
For me, I don't think he'd be good for UF long term.

I'm biased because of my born again Christian, Jesus loving, prone to party too much sometimes, analytical, conservative views but Freeze checks all those boxes which is why I like him 🤣. Freeze has a BS in Mathematics, love it, Freeze is born again loves Jesus, love it, Freeze is personable and tells it how it is straight shooter, love it, Freeze whips up offense in a jiffy, love it, Freeze falters and falls from grace here and there, don't love that but we can all relate to that as I can so he's not a cold, blank, unrelated douche like Saban, haha. Mullen in his own way is cold and blank douche many a time too. Liberty hires people like them and I like Liberty, the ideal maybe the school too haha, so I like Freeze. But I'm a sinful, logical, rational, conservative, Trump voter so I'm disclosing my conflicts of interest in liking Freeze 🤣🐊🤠🇺🇲

I want somebody young and personable with a lot of fire and passion. Doesn't have to have SEC experience or Florida connections.

don't think I don't see through your subtle attempt to push your religious beliefs on us while we're vulnerable.

That said.....I think we should start contacting animal shelters....you know....just to get some numbers....in case....
That's the devil worshippers, not us.

We like babies and animals. .

This Gator roster definitely deserves better than the coaches they currently play for.

The ugly from the Florida Gators catastrophic loss to the South Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday night. 🤓

ROTF LMFAO at the attempt to make a freakin' college football game loss into some kind of a catastrophe....
😂

While losing your freedom and your Constitutional Republic is just glossed over as par for the swamps course.... 🤔

But at least their lead in line fits conditions today in politics, better than it does a football game.... "Apathy is a difficult feeling to overcome."

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...a-gamecocks-ugly-catastrophic-loss-2021-recap

What has changed in the world since the Gator's football loss to SCa?
Nothing much, except for the clueless 'the sky is falling' drama queens of the world...
Nothing of any real consequence in my world has changed, unlike what happened in the 2020 election. Sports fans, much like the 'entitled athletes,' need to just get over themselves, and oh BTW, WTF-up....
😤

The ugly from the Florida Gators catastrophic loss to the South Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday night. 🤓

ROTF LMFAO at the attempt to make a freakin' college football game loss into some kind of a catastrophe.... 😂

While losing your freedom and your Constitutional Republic is just glossed over as par for the swamps course.... 🤔

But at least their lead in line fits conditions today in politics, better than it does a football game.... "Apathy is a difficult feeling to overcome."

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...a-gamecocks-ugly-catastrophic-loss-2021-recap

What has changed in the world since the Gator's football loss to SCa?
Nothing much, except for the clueless 'the sky is falling' drama queens of the world...
Nothing of any real consequence in my world has changed, unlike what happened in the 2020 election. Sports fans, much like the 'entitled athletes,' need to just get over themselves, and oh BTW, WTF-up....
😤

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself.”

“Mediocrity is the worst enemy of prosperity.”

“Never surrender to the momentum of mediocrity.”

“You will never see an eagle of distinction flying low with pigeons of mediocrity.”

Reactions: TennesseeGator
“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself.”

“Mediocrity is the worst enemy of prosperity.”

“Never surrender to the momentum of mediocrity.”

“You will never see an eagle of distinction flying low with pigeons of mediocrity.”
Matthew 5:5

Here, I'll save you the google....

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

Who are not easily provoked to anger; who patiently bear, and put up with injuries and affronts; carry themselves courteously, and affably to all; have the meanest thoughts of themselves, and the best of others; do not envy the gifts and graces of other men; are willing to be instructed and admonished, by the meanest of the saints; quietly submit to the will of God, in adverse dispensations of providence; and ascribe all they have, and are, to the grace of God. Meekness, or humility, is very valuable and commendable.

On the other hand....

Vultures, of all times and places - "Patients Hell, I'm gonna go kill something..."
=====

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- AD

Last edited:
What's funny to me about having football accountability is this.

Where is the Election Fraud accountability, which is actually CRITICAL to the survival of the longest lasting Constitutional Republic in human history???

Step into The Lounge if you want to hear about it, this isn't the place to discuss it.
But hey, where were you EW, when people in the lounge post sports/football threads, or post comments in the political threads? Tit for Tat.... In my experience, conversations drift and float on both boards.

What's funny to me about having football accountability is this.

Where is the Election Fraud accountability, which is actually CRITICAL to the survival of the longest lasting Constitutional Republic in human history???

But hey, where were you EW, when people in the lounge post sports/football threads, or post comments in the political threads? Tit for Tat.... In my experience, conversations drift and float on both boards.

classic.

Freeze, Kiffen, or Leach......I want passing TD's and I want them now......that is quintessential Florida football dammit! 🤣

Why is Joe Brady going to get an NFL head coach job soon? He hasn’t done very well in the NFL so far at Carolina.

But. That said.

Joe Brady is really intriguing.

If we make a swing for the fences type shot at a coach, he'd be my choice.

He's young but he's got pretty good connections to hire a staff and he might be the next big thing.

It could also be a disaster.

but I could see it working.

Kiffin worries me because I think he'll leave the moment he gets the next opportunity and Freeze, I just don't know what to make of him.

he might be the answer, but I think there are question marks.

Let me add this.

I think that, since we're playing this scenario, if Mullen gets fired, considering his disdain for recruiting, I can see him talking to Meyer and bringing him in as Co-OC, QB coach, whatever, and transitioning to the NFL.

I think the rumors about him being a candidate were feelers from his camp because he doesn't want to keep doing the college game.

And right now he's got a great opportunity to team up with his old buddies Meyer and Strong while also getting to work with Lawrence. It could be his legitimate shot at snagging an NFL head job.

Rhule pretty blatantly put that on Darnold after the game this weekend.
Carolina is 25th in the league in PPG. 28th in Yards per game. Darnold has 7 TDs to 11 INT.
That LSU team he coached had 3 first rounders on offense in Burrow, Justin Jefferson & Clyde Edwards-Helaire as well as 4 other offensive players drafted in the 2020 NFL draft. In addition to that he also had JaMarr Chase & Terrance Marshall Jr at WR. I’m not as convinced he’s as good as he’s been made out to be.

Carolina is 25th in the league in PPG. 28th in Yards per game. Darnold has 7 TDs to 11 INT.
That LSU team he coached had 3 first rounders on offense in Burrow, Justin Jefferson & Clyde Edwards-Helaire as well as 4 other offensive players drafted in the 2020 NFL draft. In addition to that he also had JaMarr Chase & Terrance Marshall Jr at WR. I’m not as convinced he’s as good as he’s been made out to be.

Im well aware.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT