ADVERTISEMENT

UT prioritizes in state residents. We need DeSantis to do the same

Gator21480

Green Machine
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2022
FL law caps out of state enrollment at 10%. But this is across the entire uni system. Uf is getting away with 18-20% out of state because other universities in state might be at 5%, or less. changing this loophole would do a ton for UF to allow more in state kids vs the free for all it is now. As states up north continue to raise tuition UF becomes that much more of a bargain and it will make it even harder for qualified in state kids to be accepted. We need the law to limit 10% at each institution.

Last edited:
FL law caps out of state enrollment at 10%. But this is across the entire uni system. Uf is getting away with 20-25% out of state because other universities in state might be at 5%, or less. changing this loophole would do a ton for UF to allow more in state kids vs the free for all it is now. As states up north continue to raise tuition UF becomes that much more of a bargain and it will make it even harder for qualified in state kids to be accepted. We need the law to limit 10% at each institution.

Coming to UF for higher education is becoming less attractive by the day with the new education policies.

Coming to UF for higher education is becoming less attractive by the day with the new education policies.
You mean the only university system in the nation where merit matters??
Where racist DEI policies die and all that five million dollars goes to faculty recruitment?
With the best school president in the nation, with an actual moral compass?
With the lowest tuition and highest ranking combined for the best value in higher education in the country?

Go take your woke bs elsewhere. Yeah we remember you.

Where racist DEI policies die and all that five million dollars goes to faculty recruitment?
With the lowest tuition and highest ranking combined for the best value in higher education in the country?

Remeber me? You sound ignorant AF with just that comment, but no, there is more.

The fact you think DEI is "racist" elevates the level of ignorance in your post. You obviously don't know what the DEI policies at UF encompassed or what they were.

"With the lowest tuition and highest ranking combined for the best value in higher education in the country?". You do know this was established when UF had DEI initiatives in place? Nah, probably not.

The fact that you automatically railed against DEI is comical. BTW your hood is showing....

Aren't you also the one who posted a bunch of stuff in support of Jewish students after the Hamas attack? Commendable for sure, but guess whose history would not be taught because of the mandate against DEI?

OH WAIT, you must have thought it just involved women's issues or African-American issues.

Last edited:

Yeah because football players are admitted on educational merit.

Remeber me? You sound ignorant AF with just that comment, but no, there is more.

The fact you think DEI is "racist" elevates the level of ignorance in your post. You obviously don't know what the DEI policies at UF encompassed or what they were.

"With the lowest tuition and highest ranking combined for the best value in higher education in the country?". You do know this was established when UF had DEI initiatives in place? Nah, probably not.

The fact that you automatically railed against DEI is comical. BTW your hood is showing....

Aren't you also the one who posted a bunch of stuff in support of Jewish students after the Hamas attack? Commendable for sure, but guess whose history would not be taught because of the mandate against DEI?

OH WAIT, you must have thought it just involved women's issues or African-American issues.
Your Avatar objectifies women.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks

The most stupid post I have read in my entire life.

If you don’t like DEI.. then you probably wear a (KKK) hood has to be the most hateful and despicable thing I’ve read here in awhile.

Stop clutching your pearls. I said nothing about DEI in my OP, but he automatically goes there, tells me "we rember" you, telks me to take my woke BS elsewhere. Yet, I was wrong in your eyes. Make it make sense.

Typical -
I say in essence
“DEI is racist
And you are a Hamas apologist”
And you yell
Racist!! Go get your Hood!
That doesn’t work anymore

Libtard logic

Reactions: the_whistle
Typical -
I say in essence
“DEI is racist
And you are a Hamas apologist”
And you yell
Racist!! Go get your Hood!
That doesn’t work anymore

Libtard logic

Huh? Do you seriously make ish up in your head.

Hamas apologist? WTH are you talking about?

DEI? YOU brought that up. Since when is Diversity racist? Since when is inclusion racist? Since when is Equity racist?

But I know being against diversity, equity and inclusion and for the idea that is written in the bill, you are definitely sus.

DEI? YOU brought that up. Since when is Diversity racist? Since when is inclusion racist? Since when is Equity racist?

But I know being against diversity, equity and inclusion and for the idea that is written in the bill, you are definitely sus.
Not that I want to get involved in all this bs, but affirmative action is legalized racism by definition...DEI is the descendant, and I can speak first hand to it in the corporate world that it does not help. Skin color, sexual orientation, etc should have zero bearing in any workplace decision. The fact that publicly traded companies are essentially blackmailed into embracing it makes it even worse....

DEI is communist, racist policy. If you don’t realize that… wow. Don’t know what to say. It’s patently obvious.

Please go be a social justice warrior on Facebook and not a football message board lol

DEI is communist, racist policy. If you don’t realize that… wow. Don’t know what to say. It’s patently obvious.

The conversation is more nuanced than." White males bad, everyone else good" but many aren't ready for that conversation.

TBF, I get that some DEI initiatives have been poorly implemented, but the anti-dei bill and the Board of Governors policy here in Florida is a slippery slope.

Oh and by definition, that Ben Sasse letter from October actually violates the anti-DEI law. Imagine that....

Stop clutching your pearls. I said nothing about DEI in my OP, but he automatically goes there, tells me "we rember" you, telks me to take my woke BS elsewhere. Yet, I was wrong in your eyes. Make it make sense.
MMMMMk!!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RussellCasse
100%. How STUPID do you have to be to not understand DEI IS THE EPITOME of racism? It uses skin color and gender to decide, NOT merit. This poor world with all the stupid people really is frightening

There's always community college for those who don't qualify for a 4 year school. I think anyone can get in there.

There's always community college for those who don't qualify for a 4 year school. I think anyone can get in there.
I don't know if it is still the case, but UF used to regularly accept JUCO transfers with an AA degree from an accredited Florida school with regard to in state residents. As long as your grades were up to snuff it was automatic. I know my brother did it that way.

A lot of out of staters who wanted to go to UF went that route as well, moved to Gainesville and established residency then went to Santa Fe for two years to get in the back door.

Reactions: BCSpell
I don't know if it is still the case, but UF used to regularly accept JUCO transfers with an AA degree from an accredited Florida school with regard to in state residents. As long as your grades were up to snuff it was automatic. I know my brother did it that way.
Recently, AA grads were only guaranteed acceptance to a school not any school. Some schools tended to take more from certain CCs......like UF and Sante Fe.

Reactions: NavigatorII
FL law caps out of state enrollment at 10%. But this is across the entire uni system. Uf is getting away with 18-20% out of state because other universities in state might be at 5%, or less. changing this loophole would do a ton for UF to allow more in state kids vs the free for all it is now. As states up north continue to raise tuition UF becomes that much more of a bargain and it will make it even harder for qualified in state kids to be accepted. We need the law to limit 10% at each institution.

I agree on limiting out of state and out of country, state schools should be state residents first. But UF costing $45K for out of state is not a bargain.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
DEI is the definition of racism. How stupid do people have to be to not understand it?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

You really don't know do you. Diversity scares you. Equity scares you. Inclusion scares you. 🤣🤣🤣😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you make up a definition of what it is to justify your fears.

100%. How STUPID do you have to be to not understand DEI IS THE EPITOME of racism? It uses skin color and gender to decide, NOT merit. This poor world with all the stupid people really is frightening

Decide what? You think DEI is just about admissions and job opps. Thatvis foolish and simplistic and shows you have read nothing about the statute passed or the BOGs policies.

But keep beiing scared.

15 years worth. Every day. So mich so you got cheated on your education. You should demand a refund

You seem reactive, instead of actually reading the anti-dei bill and BOG policies. In fact, speeches such as Ben Sasse's speech on Israel attacks are deemed "against the law". So there is that.

But go on thinking it is only issues dealing with admissions and job opps.

That is the definition of willful ignorance.

BUT......

I will say this.... based on what you are hollering about and my point of view.... we may be hollering about two different issues.

You and other disagree with hiring preferences etc.... I do to.

My issue with the anti-DEI stuff is more about actual education content etc.

So hopefully this clarifies. Stomp your feet, vocalize your opposition to that first aspect, I see both sides. Not that big of on issue for me.

My issue will always be DEI in actual education courses and having the choice to learn... this is the part being stripped away as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT