ADVERTISEMENT

The Gators schedule this year....

Meh. Ucla isn't that good and LSU looks the same. Ed O just isn't a good coach. They have talent (you can see it) but they just aren't a good team. I'm willing to give most teams a pass week 1 tho, even lsu. This week 1 was strange in a lot of ways. I expected Miami to get beat down by Bama, wasn't expecting VA tech to be better and UNC to not be as good. Thought the Gators would look better offe sively passing the ball but I didn't watch the entire game (Gators can run the ball tho as expected). OU almost lost to Tulane, Clemson offense looked bad, no o line and QB looked poo poo. Georgia's offense was bad as well. Montana beat Washington. Weird week 1
LSU couldn't line up and run the ball in the game. Early they were actually doing pretty good against UCLA run game. They better be able to run the ball some when they start SEC play or it will be a long season. Knowing my luck LSU will have corrected that by the time the Gators have to play them.

Reactions: fsu939913
LSU couldn't line up and run the ball in the game. Early they were actually doing pretty good against UCLA run game. They better be able to run the ball some when they start SEC play or it will be a long season. Knowing my luck LSU will have corrected that by the time the Gators have to play them.

How did you feel the Gators played? I've heard mixed reviews from some friends. I dvr'ed the game and watched some this morning. Seems Emory was playing great but the run game should be good

How did you feel the Gators played? I've heard mixed reviews from some friends. I dvr'ed the game and watched some this morning. Seems Emory was playing great but the run game should be good

We would have got rolled almost as bad as Miami if we had played Bama yesterday I think. Wasn't impressed much except for those Newton like runs Richardson had in the game.

I am starting to think Jones is limited as a passer and is prone to forcing things. Non-Richardson running game I am reserving judgment because that FAU front 7 with those 3 freshman starting was clearly undersized.

As far as the defense I wasn't impressed because most of the good plays came from their QB deciding he was going to be a statue and not throw the ball away.

South Florida is really bad but if they have one thing better than FAU its their front 7 on defense as they held up for a while against NC State until the offense had basically given the game away. Curious to see how our O line looks against them early in that game.

Reactions: gatordad3
We would have got rolled almost as bad as Miami if we had played Bama yesterday I think. Wasn't impressed much except for those Newton like runs Richardson had in the game.

I am starting to think Jones is limited as a passer and is prone to forcing things. Non-Richardson running game I am reserving judgment because that FAU front 7 with those 3 freshman starting was clearly undersized.

As far as the defense I wasn't impressed because most of the good plays came from their QB deciding he was going to be a statue and not throw the ball away.

South Florida is really bad but if they have one thing better than FAU its their front 7 on defense as they held up for a while against NC State until the offense had basically given the game away. Curious to see how our O line looks against them early in that game.
On offense, Jones looks like a guy that can move us efficiently between the 20's. Need him to be a guy that can get us all the way to paydirt.

On defense, the slowdown on offense certainly helped the defense, but mostly it was the same old Grantham story: His defense only works when they can't block us. So we kill the sisters of the poor, and get rolled by those with talent. Watched what Georgia did, and when they brought pressure, they came up tight on the receivers so there weren't any easy throws. We did the same thing we always do, blitz two guys while running a soft zone so there are lots of open hot routes. FAU is a poorly coached team with a bit of talent. USF is about the same. Bama is a well coached team with great talent. I never think a game is hopeless, but that one is close.

On offense, Jones looks like a guy that can move us efficiently between the 20's. Need him to be a guy that can get us all the way to paydirt.

On defense, the slowdown on offense certainly helped the defense, but mostly it was the same old Grantham story: His defense only works when they can't block us. So we kill the sisters of the poor, and get rolled by those with talent. Watched what Georgia did, and when they brought pressure, they came up tight on the receivers so there weren't any easy throws. We did the same thing we always do, blitz two guys while running a soft zone so there are lots of open hot routes. FAU is a poorly coached team with a bit of talent. USF is about the same. Bama is a well coached team with great talent. I never think a game is hopeless, but that one is close.

Yep not much faith we can beat Bama. Just going by yesterday I think KY could be a close game if turnovers were about even and Jones is the starter.

Did you record the game? Some people are claiming Jones could have had a pick 6 in addition to those 2 picks if the defender held onto the ball. I don't remember that play myself.

Was Emory missing some easy throws? I know someone on the team and they told me he practices well but will miss easy throws that shouldn't be missed. That was about a month ago tho.

Was Emory missing some easy throws? I know someone on the team and they told me he practices well but will miss easy throws that shouldn't be missed. That was about a month ago tho.
I don't think he was missing easy throws (just throwing it to well covered receivers on those 2 picks) but don't really remember any throws where he had to have some touch on the ball or throw the receiver open either.

NOTE --- To those with their heads nailed-to-da-flor....
Choke-la-homo got a paltry 5 Pt 1st game win over little Too-Lame, (40-35).
🤗

Over-rated Team, last NC in 2000
Over-rated HC, last NC Riley Coyote = NADA
Over-rated 5-star QB, 10.1 Yds/Comp, 2 Ints to 1 TD and 1 Sac, QBR 75.1
Rushing 8 for 7 Yds, 0.9 YPC,
L-7, 1 TD
😄

Miami is gonna be the best team in the state most likely. LSU could be better than UNC but they probably lose to last years UNC team if they had played. I won't say UNC has better talent but they are a talented team with the much better QB. Also LSU lost to some bad teams as well
Miami the best team in the state?? LOL

Miami the best team in the state?? LOL
UF is better than I thought I admit that. I thought UF and Miami would both struggle mightily on D but it's Miami who seems to have no improved while UF is serviceable. Both teams could finish 8-4 though but UF is better easily and more likely to win 10

The only two tough sec games i see is Bama and UGA. I guess LSU could slide in as a tough game (they are a team im not sure about). Avoiding A and M was a huge boost.

Who do you see as the 2 losses? Bama (obviously) but who is the only one? I feel like Dan has UGAs number right now. If not for some very bad breaks last yr, you all beat LSU easily. Its been awhile since ive seen a gator team give away a game like that. I think its at LSU so that immediately makes that harder but i just think LSU isnt that good. Not sure if Orgeron is a good coach if hes similar to Gen Chizik (right place right time).
How do you see Mullen having Kirby's number? Last year he beat a Georgia team that was missing Jordan Davis and starting a 4th string QB... and he got hurt, which meant Georgia had to put in Dwan Mathis who hit someone in the side of the head while warming up on the sideline. Mullen is a great coach but I wouldn't call 1 win against Kirby "having his number".

How do you see Mullen having Kirby's number? Last year he beat a Georgia team that was missing Jordan Davis and starting a 4th string QB... and he got hurt, which meant Georgia had to put in Dwan Mathis who hit someone in the side of the head while warming up on the sideline. Mullen is a great coach but I wouldn't call 1 win against Kirby "having his number".
4th string QB?? He was 2nd string at worst and when JT Daniels didn’t play the other day he started. Let’s not get carried away and go over the top either. Don’t forget UF didn’t have Kyle Pitts for the entire 2nd half if we are going to play that game.

4th string QB?? He was 2nd string at worst and when JT Daniels didn’t play the other day he started. Let’s not get carried away and go over the top either. Don’t forget UF didn’t have Kyle Pitts for the entire 2nd half if we are going to play that
I was referring to Dwan. After game 1 against Arkansas that's all we needed to see of him. Sure as hell didn't want to see him against Florida going toe to toe against Trask. Anyway, Florida took care of business last year like they should have, but these are 2 completely different teams compared to last year

I was referring to Dwan. After game 1 against Arkansas that's all we needed to see of him. Sure as hell didn't want to see him against Florida going toe to toe against Trask. Anyway, Florida took care of business last year like they should have, but these are 2 completely different teams compared to last year
I agree about the different teams part. But looking at the matchups, it will be interesting to see how you defense stops the run against us. Your defense has been really good, but it seems to be best at stopping the pass. If we can get the ground game going, run the clock and limit your possessions, I like our chances.

QB-dt Anthony 'AR-15' Richardson 6-4 240 4.5/40 did not play vs Bama.
2021 Backup -- Rushing 2 TD's, L-80 -- Passing 2 TD's, L-75

I don't see anyone, especially UGly fans, noticing that UF just played #1 Bama without our starting QB on the defense, who is likely out for the season. (injured vs USF, had arm surgery last week)

MLB Ventrell Miller 6-1 226 rsSr - SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
2020 - He led the team in tackles with 88 and added on 3.5 sacks and 7.5 tackles-for-loss
Named SEC Defensive PoW after Ole Miss game where he collected 15 tackles, 2 tackles-for-loss and a sack.
~~ That's no small loss for the aggressive Grantham defense....

Always amazes me how many teams decide to play their superbowl against us for the year.

God I do love the Georgia excuse that they had 26.8 trillion players injured that couldn't play last year in Jax. Just gotta love that.

Dan Mullen has Kirby's number for two simple reasons in my book. 1. Dan Mullen can read. 2. Dan Mullen is an actual football coach, not just a guy who employs bagmen to go buy him the best roster in college football.

Georgia fans are about to learn the hard way on that second point now that EVERY team in the NCAA is allowed to pay their players. There goes Georgia's one and only advantage.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Umass and JSU are for sure wins.... Maybe

Syracuse is probably a win

We might be able to win 2 out of Louisville, BC, wake, and NC state.

That would be 5 and then maybe 1 upset of the next group. Maybe we win 3 of the previous? Or one of the previous. That group of 4 will decide how many wins tho.

In order to win 7 we would need to upset one of UNC, Miami, Clemson (LOL), UF, or ND

4 to 7 wins, i do agree 7 probably is less likely than 4. We are very fragile in a bunch of positions where if we lose 2 guys... We are in trouble.

Fsu would win more games with your schedule than with our schedule. 100%. Im not sure why this makes you mad but its ok to have an easier schedule. Yes Bama and UGA are tough. We have Clemson, UF, and ND. Ours is tougher at the top. You have LSU. We have Miami and UNC. UNC has a really good team and the best college QB next yr. Those 2 are tougher than LSU. The easy part of the schedule, we have Umass, JSU, and syracuse. You guys samford, FAU, and Vandy. You have the tougher out of those 3 but all 3 are winnable either way. We would go 3 and 0 in either of those 3 games. The middle you have Kentucky, South Carolina, Tenn, and Mizz. We have Wake, BC, Louisville, and NC state. This is the part of the schedule where i think yours might be harder but you have many more of those "middle of the road" teams. We will face 5 top 20 teams, you will face 2 for probably 3 overall.
UNC, Miami and Clemson just aren’t any good.

Neither is Mizz or kentucky
Missouri or UK weren’t ranked in the top 25 and nobody around here were claiming they were great or relying on them to carry the conference reputations like UNC, Miami & Clemson. I’m not really following you here on this one?? UNC and Miami aren’t even in the top 25 anymore.

God I do love the Georgia excuse that they had 26.8 trillion players injured that couldn't play last year in Jax. Just gotta love that.

Dan Mullen has Kirby's number for two simple reasons in my book. 1. Dan Mullen can read. 2. Dan Mullen is an actual football coach, not just a guy who employs bagmen to go buy him the best roster in college football.

Georgia fans are about to learn the hard way on that second point now that EVERY team in the NCAA is allowed to pay their players. There goes Georgia's one and only advantage.
Bama is also learning that they can't just roll out the cash and get whoever they want anymore. However, they have put so many guys in the NFL, and won so many titles, they still have compelling reasons for choosing to go there. Georgia has neither. The next few years will show us if the Dwags have been buying players. If their recruiting falls from the elite #1 level it has been at, even to mid top 10, that is all the proof you need.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Dude, I know you like these silly games. Don't play them with the mod. He's a good guy, very fair, but you have a knack for REALLY pissing people off. Word to the wise, all I'm sayin'.
Yeah not quite sure where he was going with his comment. Really didn’t make much sense at all not a very logical comment.Miami, UNC & Clemson were supposed to be the class of the ACC.

Using he Coaches Poll:

SEC - 8, with 6 in the Top 13.
1. UA
2. UGly

9. UF
11. Ark
12. MS
13. aTm
22. AU
23. UK

Bit Ten (12) - 5
5. Iowa
6. PSU
10. tOSU
14. Mich
16 MichSt
With none currently making the CFP.

Big Twelve (10) - 3
4. Choke-la-homo

18. OkSt
24 Bay

ACC - 3
7. Neutered Lame, still In-depends
19. Clemp's-son (2-2 is most losses in Top 25)
25. WF 4-0

LAC 10 (12) - 2
3. Ore

20. UCLA

With 4 total in the rest of D1
8. Cincy
15. BYU
16. CCU
21. Fres

The 2021 season schedule is 1/3 played (4), with 8 to go, so we'll see how it shakes out.

Yeah not quite sure where he was going with his comment. Really didn’t make much sense at all not a very logical comment.Miami, UNC & Clemson were supposed to be the class of the ACC.

I was referring to what we both said would be tough games. Miami unc and Clemson have all shit the bed, they are just not good this yr. I thought UNC would be much better and king being hurt still has Miami back to losing to Fiu and LA tech. Acc is way worse than expected but a few teams are better than expected (wake and NC state). Mizz is pretty bad but UK looked pretty good and is undefeated, ACC is much worse than I thought

Last edited:
Dude, I know you like these silly games. Don't play them with the mod. He's a good guy, very fair, but you have a knack for REALLY pissing people off. Word to the wise, all I'm sayin'.

I've been talking with Paco for almost 8 or so yrs. He is a good guy and very fair. I don't disagree with any of that, conference bantering will always happen. If Paco tells me not to do something, I have no trouble complying. I mean no ill will towards you guys, I like talking football. He has asked me to stop saying things in the past and I have.

Well at this point I’m not sure schedules matter too much unless you are trying to see who is deserving of the #3 & #4 teams. It is Bama and UGA and then everybody else. Good chance those 2 teams end up playing twice. Once for the SEC title and again for the national title. Whose even the 3rd best team in country using the “eyeball”’test? Iowa? Cincy? There isn’t much that I can see.

Well at this point I’m not sure schedules matter too much unless you are trying to see who is deserving of the #3 & #4 teams. It is Bama and UGA and then everybody else. Good chance those 2 teams end up playing twice. Once for the SEC title and again for the national title. Whose even the 3rd best team in country using the “eyeball”’test? Iowa? Cincy? There isn’t much that I can see.

I would probably go with OSU despite their loss to Oregon.

You may be right about a possible rematch as they are taking the loser of that game if both are undefeated over any non-power 5 and even if there were 4 one loss or better champs they go over a 1 loss Big 12 champ probably.

I have no idea who the 3rd best is, seems to change every week. Cindy looked good yesterday but do they play that grueling schedule to test them week in and week out? I'm not sure. Georgia unfortunately looks like the best team, I think they can beat Bama. Going to be a fun game watching those 2. The only thing with UGA is that will hold them back from winning is the coach and QB.

I would probably go with OSU despite their loss to Oregon.

You may be right about a possible rematch as they are taking the loser of that game if both are undefeated over any non-power 5 and even if there were 4 one loss or better champs they go over a 1 loss Big 12 champ probably.

I normally hate this argument and disagree with it but I think it's clear who the best 2 teams are through 5 weeks and unless that changes, I could see this happening and wouldn't disagree. However, if UF beats UGA or anyone else beats UGA, and then Bama beats UGA, I could see the argument of them being 4th or being the first one out (similar to Tamu last yr). Depends on what everyone else does tbh.

I normally hate this argument and disagree with it but I think it's clear who the best 2 teams are through 5 weeks and unless that changes, I could see this happening and wouldn't disagree. However, if UF beats UGA or anyone else beats UGA, and then Bama beats UGA, I could see the argument of them being 4th or being the first one out (similar to Tamu last yr). Depends on what everyone else does tbh.

All hell would break loose if they took a 2 loss Georgia over an undefeated BYU or even Cincy probably. ESPN had talking heads pushing for that some years back but I don't see that happening. They would get a lot of flack just for taking a 1 loss non-champ over a 1 loss champ which has never been done before.

Daniels is obviously better than Bennett, but I don't think he's the world beater the Dawgs think he is. I reckon we'll see in Jax.
Bennett has no business taking one snap at UGA. The talent gap between he and JT isn’t close. Kirby has had QB issues ever since he’s been here but JT is plenty good enough to win it all

Bennett has no business taking one snap at UGA. The talent gap between he and JT isn’t close. Kirby has had QB issues ever since he’s been here but JT is plenty good enough to win it all

If that is true about Bennett Auburn should give you a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT