ADVERTISEMENT

The Gators schedule this year....

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
Talk about an easy schedule. Lets go game by game

FAU- Easy win, so bad Fsu could beat them

USF- terrible program right now

Bama- will be UFs toughest game and will show if UF has progressed and regressed

Tenn- absolutely horrific football team and all of their good players transferred. Poor tenn

Kentucky- decent team, not bad, not great. Easy win

Vandy- another tough SEC opponent where uf should win easily

LSU- not sure what to make of LSU, i dont think they will be good, coach O caught lightning in a bottle a couple years ago. They could be much improved or stay the same

Georgia- should be a tough even matchup but i trust mullen can outscheme the potato head leading Georgia

South Carolina- 2 of their starters on defense transferred to fsu and they had a bunch transfer (similar to Tenn) since Muschump got canned

Samford- LOL not even fsu would schedule a team this bad

Missouri- team that still would be a middle of the pack big 12 team, easy win

Fsu- cant even snap the ball in practice, ez win.

How is the Gators schedule this easy? I thought the SEC was murderers row?

Fsu plays Notre dame (top 10), Clemson (top 5), UNC (top 20), Miami (top 20), and UF (top 8).

Did UF just luck into this schedule with not having to play really good teams from the west? I see UF EASILY going 10 and 2 with this schedule.

Last edited:

Bama- will be UFs toughest game and will show if UF has progressed and regressed

Tenn- absolutely horrific football team and all of their good players transferred. Poor tenn

LSU- not sure what to make of LSU, i dont think they will be good, coach O caught lightning in a bottle a couple years ago. They could be much improved or stay the same

Georgia- should be a tough even matchup but i trust mullen can outscheme the potato head leading Georgia

South Carolina- 2 of their starters on defense transferred to fsu and they had a bunch transfer (similar to Tenn) since Muschump got canned

Fsu plays Notre dame (top 10), Clemson, top 5, UNC (top 20), Miami (top 20), and UF (top 8).

Did UF just luck into this schedule with not having to play really good teams from the west? I see UF EASILY going 10 and 2 with this schedule.
Lol our west schedule may be the toughest in the East.

Our schedule is tough (SEC) wise compared to Georgia's. Auburn will be down this year and they don't get a possibly good LSU team let alone Bama.

I am worried we may go 10-2 (6-2 SEC) and win the head to head but Georgia will go 7-1 SEC and win the East.

Last edited:
Lol our west schedule may be the toughest in the East.

Our schedule is tough (SEC) wise compared to Georgia's. Auburn will be down this year and they don't get a possibly good LSU team let alone Bama.

I am worried we may go 10-2 (6-2 SEC) and win the head to head but Georgia will go 7-1 SEC and win the East.

The only two tough sec games i see is Bama and UGA. I guess LSU could slide in as a tough game (they are a team im not sure about). Avoiding A and M was a huge boost.

Who do you see as the 2 losses? Bama (obviously) but who is the only one? I feel like Dan has UGAs number right now. If not for some very bad breaks last yr, you all beat LSU easily. Its been awhile since ive seen a gator team give away a game like that. I think its at LSU so that immediately makes that harder but i just think LSU isnt that good. Not sure if Orgeron is a good coach if hes similar to Gen Chizik (right place right time).

Last edited:
The only two tough sec games i see is Bama and UGA. I guess LSU could slide in as a tough game (they are a team im not sure about. Avoiding A and M was a huge boost.

Who do you see as the 2 losses? Bama (obviously) but who is the only one? I feel like Dan has UGAs number right now. If not for some very bad breaks last yr, you all beat LSU easily. Its been awhile since ive seen a gator team give away a game like that. I think its at LSU so that immediately makes that harder but i just think LSU isnt that good. Not sure if Orgeron is a good coach if hes similar to Gen Chizik (right place right time).
If we beat Georgia the 2nd loss would be either LSU, KY or Mizzu imo. We have more talent than KY and Mizzu but I think they could be dangerous possibly. LSU could be really good but its hard to say until they start playing.

Reactions: fsu939913

Fsu plays Notre dame (top 10), Clemson (top 5), UNC (top 20), Miami (top 20), and UF (top 8).

No game will be easy until we prove we can play defense.

@LSU is always a tough game. Especially since that game will likely be at night as well. I think Mizzou is going to be decent this year as well. Playing them in November in Missouri could pose some concerns.
Obviously Bama and UGA are top 5 teams on paper with the amount of talent they have.

Did UF just luck into this schedule with not having to play really good teams from the west? I see UF EASILY going 10 and 2 with this schedule
You guys played SamFord in 2018

@LSU is always a tough game. Especially since that game will likely be at night as well. I think Mizzou is going to be decent this year as well. Playing them in November in Missouri could pose some concerns.
Obviously Bama and UGA are top 5 teams on paper with the amount of talent they have.

What do you think about LSU this yr? Do you think last yr was the fluke or the yr they won it all was the fluke?

I heard the defense (especially the d line) has been better. I know you guys lost a corner to a knee injury i believe.
If there has been one constant to the defense during Grantham's time there, it's preseason season-ending injuries to the secondary. Have them every year.

It takes a special kind of stupid to call a schedule with the last two national champions on it "easy".

Reactions: PacoGator19
What do you think about LSU this yr? Do you think last yr was the fluke or the yr they won it all was the fluke?
The year they won the national title is one of the best teams of all time. For the last 20 years they have always been very talented and recruit very well. Last year they had a lot of turnover from the roster and the coaching staff from the team that won the national title. I expect them to certainly be a very talented team capable of beating just about anybody. It will likely come down to their QB play and coaching.

Reactions: Gator Fever
The year they won the national title is one of the best teams of all time. For the last 20 years they have always been very talented and recruit very well. Last year they had a lot of turnover from the roster and the coaching staff from the team that won the national title. I expect them to certainly be a very talented team capable of beating just about anybody. It will likely come down to their QB play and coaching.

Yep LSU is a hard team to peg. I could see them 2nd to Bama or as bad as 4 SEC losses depending on the new coaches and QB. They do have talent.

It takes a special kind of stupid to call a schedule with the last two national champions on it "easy".

Its just not difficult top to bottom. The good teams are really good but the vandy, Tenn, Samford, Fau, USF, Mizz, South Carolina, fsu just doesnt scream difficult. Its not a bad thing, usually it seems tougher. Fsu is down and that doesnt help it out either.

Last edited:
I think he means we are favored in all but two games. They on the other hand could lose to anyone on their schedule.

I only see 3 losable games and i think UF will be favored in 2 of those. A tough schedule to me would have 5 or 6.

I only see 3 losable games and i think UF will be favored in 2 of those. A tough schedule to me would have 5 or 6.

I think there are 5 teams that have a chance to beat us. Bama, GA, LSU, Mizzu and KY. Tenn and SC are probably train wrecks.

What is the deal with FSU? A complete train wreck again?

Last edited:
I think there are 5 teams that have a chance to beat us. Bama, GA, LSU, Mizzu and KY. Tenn and SC are probably train wrecks.

What is the deal with FSU? A complete train wreck again?

I think we will win 4 to 7 games. This will be the least talented fsu team i have ever seen (there is just no "superstars"). Depending on injury, 4 to 7 wins looks like the total. Anything outside of that was bad luck or good luck.... So yes.. Train wreck again

Reactions: Gator Fever
I think we will win 4 to 7 games. This will be the least talented fsu team i have ever seen (there is just no "superstars"). Depending on injury, 4 to 7 wins looks like the total. Anything outside of that was bad luck or good luck.... So yes.. Train wreck again

If you win 7 games I will really be surprised. I guess ND will tell us if 5 wins is possible for FSU.

If you win 7 games I will really be surprised. I guess ND will tell us if 5 wins is possible for FSU.

Umass and JSU are for sure wins.... Maybe

Syracuse is probably a win

We might be able to win 2 out of Louisville, BC, wake, and NC state.

That would be 5 and then maybe 1 upset of the next group. Maybe we win 3 of the previous? Or one of the previous. That group of 4 will decide how many wins tho.

In order to win 7 we would need to upset one of UNC, Miami, Clemson (LOL), UF, or ND

4 to 7 wins, i do agree 7 probably is less likely than 4. We are very fragile in a bunch of positions where if we lose 2 guys... We are in trouble.

So your schedule strength is based on how good you are? FSU would have a minimum of 6 loseable games with our schedule, so you are saying this schedule would be tougher if FSU had it?

Fsu would win more games with your schedule than with our schedule. 100%. Im not sure why this makes you mad but its ok to have an easier schedule. Yes Bama and UGA are tough. We have Clemson, UF, and ND. Ours is tougher at the top. You have LSU. We have Miami and UNC. UNC has a really good team and the best college QB next yr. Those 2 are tougher than LSU. The easy part of the schedule, we have Umass, JSU, and syracuse. You guys samford, FAU, and Vandy. You have the tougher out of those 3 but all 3 are winnable either way. We would go 3 and 0 in either of those 3 games. The middle you have Kentucky, South Carolina, Tenn, and Mizz. We have Wake, BC, Louisville, and NC state. This is the part of the schedule where i think yours might be harder but you have many more of those "middle of the road" teams. We will face 5 top 20 teams, you will face 2 for probably 3 overall.

Well then bama has the easiest schedule since they are favored in every game?

I havent seen bamas schedule, i dont think bama has a tough schedule yr in and yr out. Sometimes they do if they draw UF and UGA, i just havent seen their schedule. I wasnt going by who is favored.

Miami and UNC do not have more talent than LSU so not sure how you can say those are tougher games. That is a very large leap of faith. Miami hasn’t been good in years/decade so especially not sure where that is coming from?? And of course Notre Dame will be overrated as usual.
I know you want to try and talk up the powerhouse that is UNC but they were 7-6 in 2019 and 8-4 last year and 2 of those losses were to terrible teams in FSU and Virginia.
I do think Miami and UNC will have decent teams but no way is playing Miami or UNC a tougher games than playing LSU in Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3
Miami and UNC do not have more talent than LSU so not sure how you can say those are tougher games. That is a very large leap of faith. Miami hasn’t been good in years/decade so especially not sure where that is coming from?? And of course Notre Dame will be overrated as usual.
I know you want to try and talk up the powerhouse that is UNC but they were 7-6 in 2019 and 8-4 last year and 2 of those losses were to terrible teams in FSU and Virginia.
I do think Miami and UNC will have decent teams but no way is playing Miami or UNC a tougher games than playing LSU in Baton Rouge.
Miami is gonna be the best team in the state most likely. LSU could be better than UNC but they probably lose to last years UNC team if they had played. I won't say UNC has better talent but they are a talented team with the much better QB. Also LSU lost to some bad teams as well

Fsu would win more games with your schedule than with our schedule. 100%. Im not sure why this makes you mad but its ok to have an easier schedule. Yes Bama and UGA are tough. We have Clemson, UF, and ND. Ours is tougher at the top. You have LSU. We have Miami and UNC. UNC has a really good team and the best college QB next yr. Those 2 are tougher than LSU. The easy part of the schedule, we have Umass, JSU, and syracuse. You guys samford, FAU, and Vandy. You have the tougher out of those 3 but all 3 are winnable either way. We would go 3 and 0 in either of those 3 games. The middle you have Kentucky, South Carolina, Tenn, and Mizz. We have Wake, BC, Louisville, and NC state. This is the part of the schedule where i think yours might be harder but you have many more of those "middle of the road" teams. We will face 5 top 20 teams, you will face 2 for probably 3 overall.
Mad? I'm not mad, I'm just saying that your way of determining strength of schedule takes into account the strength of the team playing the schedule. By this way of thinking, Bama always has an easy schedule and Vanderbilt always has a near-impossible schedule. I realize that this is a common fallacy, it's not just something you are doing, but strength of schedule really needs to be measured objectively, with the team that has the schedule being taken out of the equation.

Note: If you want us to play more top 20 teams, rejoin the top 20.

UNCs quarterback will be the best QB in the country and Mimai is returning one of the most effective QBs from last yr in King (granted he tore his ACL late last yr).I know you probably dont follow UNC recruiting but they have done very well and both Miami and UNC will be better this year than and they were already better than LSU last yr. LSU wasnt that good last yr, they do have a lot of talent but they only won like 4 games and couple of them they shouldnt have won. Neither is elite but both are top 20 teams. Lsu has a chance to be better (i wont say they dont because LSUs recruiting has been excellent) but i would rather play LSU than Miami and UNC this yr for sure.

Mad? I'm not mad, I'm just saying that your way of determining strength of schedule takes into account the strength of the team playing the schedule. By this way of thinking, Bama always has an easy schedule and Vanderbilt always has a near-impossible schedule. I realize that this is a common fallacy, it's not just something you are doing, but strength of schedule really needs to be measured objectively, with the team that has the schedule being taken out of the equation.

Note: If you want us to play more top 20 teams, rejoin the top 20.

When did i ever say that? Someone else said i was doing that lol not me. Also, i agree that one reason we have a tougher is schedule is because we suck and you guys are top 10 lol that has a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
Miami is gonna be the best team in the state most likely. LSU could be better than UNC but they probably lose to last years UNC team if they had played. I won't say UNC has better talent but they are a talented team with the much better QB. Also LSU lost to some bad teams as well

I think Miami is a top 20 team but UF is a top 8 team so i disagree there. Yes LSU is talented but UNC has enough talent and thry have the best QB as an equalizer

UNCs quarterback will be the best QB in the country and Mimai is returning one of the most effective QBs from last yr in King (granted he tore his ACL late last yr).I know you probably dont follow UNC recruiting but they have done very well and both Miami and UNC will be better this year than and they were already better than LSU last yr. LSU wasnt that good last yr, they do have a lot of talent but they only won like 4 games and couple of them they shouldnt have won. Neither is elite but both are top 20 teams. Lsu has a chance to be better (i wont say they dont because LSUs recruiting has been excellent) but i would rather play LSU than Miami and UNC this yr for sure.
Yes UNC and Miami were better than LSU last year but that was last year. LSU does have more talent than both of those teams. Will it translate to on field success? We will see but I’m pretty sure LSU is ranked in the top 15-20 preseason so they are supposed to be pretty good.

D'Eriq(sp?) King tore his ACL in a Bowl game in late December. What makes any of us believe he will be healthy by the start of the season? Their QB's behind him have been unimpressive.

D'Eriq(sp?) King tore his ACL in a Bowl game in late December. What makes any of us believe he will be healthy by the start of the season? Their QB's behind him have been unimpressive.
Very true. Miami has some talent and is being ranked top 15-20 which is probably fairly fair but I personally don’t think Manny Diaz is head coach material. Not a fan of him as a head coach.

Reactions: gatordad3

I doubt that though Miami has improved some. Curious to see what happens with them and Bama. If Bama stomps them I will definitely not feel good about our game against them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT