ADVERTISEMENT

The Gators schedule this year....

Yes UNC and Miami were better than LSU last year but that was last year. LSU does have more talent than both of those teams. Will it translate to on field success? We will see but I’m pretty sure LSU is ranked in the top 15-20 preseason so they are supposed to be pretty good.

I expect LSU to be more talented overall than both of those teams but i also expect UNC and Miami to have better QBs. Will be interesting to see.

Reactions: PacoGator19
D'Eriq(sp?) King tore his ACL in a Bowl game in late December. What makes any of us believe he will be healthy by the start of the season? Their QB's behind him have been unimpressive.

Hes been in scrimmages playing well. I dont expect the same king to be out there but he has been practicing

Hes been in scrimmages playing well. I dont expect the same king to be out there but he has been practicing
I think it will be more mental than physical with him. He does do a good job of buying time or running using his legs. It will be interesting to see how comfortable he will be doing that. It’s a big part of his game.

Reactions: fsu939913
I think it will be more mental than physical with him. He does do a good job of buying time or running using his legs. It will be interesting to see how comfortable he will be doing that. It’s a big part of his game.

Agreed. I will be watching that aspect of king more than anything. He cant be 100% right? So tye question becomes, how close is he?

Reactions: PacoGator19
Agreed. I will be watching that aspect of king more than anything. He cant be 100% right? So tye question becomes, how close is he?
That's the major disadvantages in having just a single 'ready to go' dual threat QB.

QBdt Emory Jones 6-2 211 rsJr - 4th Yr in system

QBdt Anthony Richardson 6-4 240 rsFr 2nd Yr in system

The 1st two are both ready to go in Dan's system now.

QBdt Carlos Del Rio-Wilson 6-2 225 Fr - summer arrival

QBpp Jalen Kitna 6-4 210 Fr Early Enrollee
(hopefully another Tx Trask in the making)

The 2 newbee's are working hard to learn and be ready to go.

I think Miami is a top 20 team but UF is a top 8 team so i disagree there. Yes LSU is talented but UNC has enough talent and thry have the best QB as an equalizer
Is it too early to say UNC and Howell sure look overrated?? They better do something in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Well there you go!! Yet another overhyped and overrated ACC team in UNC. Howell’s Heisman hopes blown up in just the first week.

Reactions: gatordad3
Well there you go!! Yet another overhyped and overrated ACC team in UNC. Howell’s Heisman hopes blown up in just the first week.
1 TD and 3 picks is ugly, but his receivers had 20+ drops in that game where the ball hit them in the hands. That is outright pathetic and you feel helpless as a QB when that happens all game long to you.

Is it too early to say UNC and Howell sure look overrated?? They better do something in the 2nd half.

Just another day in the ACC. VA Tech is a top 25 team as well. We don't see top 25 teams twice a yr, it's week in week out..... Honestly they just looked bad, not sure what was going on. It's hard to tell week 1 if VA tech is good or if unc had one of their "whoopsy" games.

Clemson's schedule is not going to be great if Bama pounds Miami meaning the possible ACC game opponents won't be that good for them. If they messed around and lost to leghumpers that would leave a chance of them missing the playoff. Happened to one previous power 5 one loss conference champion I think.

Just another day in the ACC. VA Tech is a top 25 team as well. We don't see top 25 teams twice a yr, it's week in week out..... Honestly they just looked bad, not sure what was going on. It's hard to tell week 1 if VA tech is good or if unc had one of their "whoopsy" games.
Well VT hasn’t been very good since Fuente has been there so I can’t imagine them all of a sudden being good but who knows. UNC just flat out looked bad. I’m not totally shocked. I thought they were overrated heading into the season and Mack Brown is just too old.

Well VT hasn’t been very good since Fuente has been there so I can’t imagine them all of a sudden being good but who knows. UNC just flat out looked bad. I’m not totally shocked. I thought they were overrated heading into the season and Mack Brown is just too old.

UNC did look bad. Not sure why. Their defense played OK but man their receivers couldn't catch a cold.

Reminded me a lot of the first game of Willie Taggart's storied run at FSU.

Talk about an easy schedule. Lets go game by game

FAU- Easy win, so bad Fsu could beat them

USF- terrible program right now

Bama- will be UFs toughest game and will show if UF has progressed and regressed

Tenn- absolutely horrific football team and all of their good players transferred. Poor tenn

Kentucky- decent team, not bad, not great. Easy win

Vandy- another tough SEC opponent where uf should win easily

LSU- not sure what to make of LSU, i dont think they will be good, coach O caught lightning in a bottle a couple years ago. They could be much improved or stay the same

Georgia- should be a tough even matchup but i trust mullen can outscheme the potato head leading Georgia

South Carolina- 2 of their starters on defense transferred to fsu and they had a bunch transfer (similar to Tenn) since Muschump got canned

Samford- LOL not even fsu would schedule a team this bad

Missouri- team that still would be a middle of the pack big 12 team, easy win

Fsu- cant even snap the ball in practice, ez win.

How is the Gators schedule this easy? I thought the SEC was murderers row?

Fsu plays Notre dame (top 10), Clemson (top 5), UNC (top 20), Miami (top 20), and UF (top 8).

Did UF just luck into this schedule with not having to play really good teams from the west? I see UF EASILY going 10 and 2 with this schedule.
As Mr. Hand said, “Are you on DOPE?”

Bama is #1.
Georgia is # 4

North Carolina was awful last night. Will not be ranked or ranked like 20-25. Miami, we’ll see how good they are in about 3 hours. Notre Dame lost most of last years team and we’ll kick your ASS…..AGAIN!

But, you got Jacksonville St. and UMass which will be tough games for you but, I see wins.

U.F. 10 - 2.
F.S.U. 5 - 7.

As Mr. Hand said, “Are you on DOPE?

Bama is #1.
Georgia is # 4

North Carolina was awful last night. Will not be ranked or ranked like 20-25. Miami, we’ll see how good they are in about 3 hours. Notre Dame lost most of last years team and we’ll kick your ASS…..AGAIN!

But, you got Jacksonville St. and UMass which will be tough games for you but, I see wins.

U.F. 10 - 2.
F.S.U. 5 - 7.
Not exactly

As Mr. Hand said, “Are you on DOPE?”

Bama is #1.
Georgia is # 4

U.F. 10 - 2.
F.S.U. 5 - 7.

2 perceived tough games for you guys. That's it... UNC ran into another top 25 team last night

Let's see how they do against a bad UCLA team tonight. If they struggle.... it might be another 4 win yr for them.
UCLA has actually started to play decent and did have a good week 1 appearance. LSU is one of the most talented teams in the country. I believe they are top 6 in country in talent index. Likely not easy to beat LSU in Baton Rouge at night. We aren’t talking about a UNC here that has never done anything in college football.

Well Miami sucks too. ACC looks to be really bad as usual. Looks to be just a 1 team conference again.

The SEC allowed Bama to get this good, not the ACC. They are like 100 and 6 in the SEC... Seems easy for them.

Well Miami sucks too. ACC looks to be really bad as usual. Looks to be just a 1 team conference again.

It is crazy to me how big the Bama o line is..... they still do that deer spray or whatever it was? I just can't believe that they are this much better than other teams year in and year out. They are on their 4th QB and still dominating.

The SEC allowed Bama to get this good, not the ACC. They are like 100 and 6 in the SEC... Seems easy for them.
I think Bama would like be really good no matter what conference they were in but being in the SEC certainly makes them better as it has been the best conference college football over the last few decades and the SEC is just diehard college football and just recruits better and sends more guys to the NFL than any other conference. Just imagine how bad they would beat up on the weak ACC. Now the SEC has gotten even better with OU and Texas.

It is crazy to me how big the Bama o line is..... they still do that deer spray or whatever it was? I just can't believe that they are this much better than other teams year in and year out. They are on their 4th QB and still dominating.
I know years back Richardson and them were clearly on some strong juice when they were claiming that deer antler velvet BS.

Because they have 5*s backing up 5*s. It isn’t they are just big they are just better. Miami is overrated and weak and Diaz is in over his head as a head coach. Miami shouldn’t have been ranked as high as they are. They did nothing to deserve that preseason ranking.

I think Bama would like be really good no matter what conference they were in but being in the SEC certainly makes them better as it has been the best conference college football over the last few decades and the SEC is just diehard college football and just recruits better and sends more guys to the NFL than any other conference. Just imagine how bad they would beat up on the weak ACC. Now the SEC has gotten even better with OU and Texas.

I see Arkansas in an all out war right now with Rice lol should have booted them and invited Okie st. Also, we have an alliance with the pac 12 and big 10.... it means nothing.. but it's still there

Because they have 5*s backing up 5*s. It isn’t they are just big they are just better. Miami is overrated and weak and Diaz is in over his head as a head coach. Miami shouldn’t have been ranked as high as they are. They did nothing to deserve that preseason ranking.

We agree that Diaz sucks. Both Miami and UNC are top 25 teams.

I see Arkansas in an all out war right now with Rice lol should have booted them and invited Okie st. Also, we have an alliance with the pac 12 and big 10.... it means nothing.. but it's still there
I hate to say it but this looks like a very unintelligent comment to me. Arkansas won and covered the spread. With that being said Arkansas is one of the weaker SEC teams.

Miami may win enough games to be ranked in the top 25 but they have an easy schedule and they are getting embarrassed right now.

Does King look the same to you? He doesn't to me... that might stop them from being top 25. Manny sucks, as much as I hate bama.... Miami getting railroaded helps us.

Does King look the same to you? He doesn't to me... that might stop them from being top 25. Manny sucks, as much as I hate bama.... Miami getting railroaded helps us.
No he doesn’t look the same at all. With that said didn’t King rack up most of his stats against bad or average teams. He’s playing a real team now and he may be a little scared to run the ball against guys like this.

LSU looks.... the same as last yr. How did UF look? I didn't get to watch because of UGA and clemson (neither of those teams look impressive). Vanda is losing to a team called ETSU who I didn't know existed before today. Weird ass opening week for sure.

LSU looks.... the same as last yr. How did UF look? I didn't get to watch because of UGA and clemson (neither of those teams look impressive). Vanda is losing to a team called ETSU who I didn't know existed before today. Weird ass opening week for sure.
LSU still has a boatload of talent. It's obvious we see piss poor coaching with the Ogre. He caught lightning in a bottle when he landed Joe Brady as co-OC in 2019. Ed O sucked at Ole Piss but somewhat salvaged the USC team he took over from Lane Kiffin.

Clemson was terrible. Not sure the ACC even has 1 top 10 team.

So was Georgia (if not for a few bad calls Georgia might have lost), LSU lost to UCLA, Arkansas almost lost to rice, vandy lost to a team I never heard, and I just finished watching the gator game where they didn't look as good as I thought they would (defense looks better),. Maybe it's week 1 and teams aren't settled in yet so we shouldn't judge based on 1 week but the ONLY team that impressed me on Saturday is Bama. I watched some of the A and M game to see how Fisher was doing and they looked good but it was against Kent state so you never know. G teach lost to NIU I think lol

Last edited:
So was Georgia (if not for a few bad calls Georgia might have lost), LSU lost to UCLA, Arkansas almost lost to rice, vandy lost to a team I never heard, and I just finished watching the gator game where they didn't look as good as I thought they would (defense looks better),. Maybe it's week 1 and teams aren't settled in yet so we shouldn't judge based on 1 week but the ONLY team that impressed me on Saturday is Bama. I watched some of the A and M game to see how Fisher was doing and they looked good but it was against Kent state so you never know. G teach lost to NIU I think lol
The PAC 10 likes to bring an SEC team out West in game 1, before the kinks are worked out, to try and get some street cred from a lucky win.

LSU really needs a bit of a pass. Being displaced because of the hurricane really had to mess with their focus, plus UCLA got to have a practice game against Hawaii. Between those two things and having to travel cross country, I'm amazed they were in it at all.

The PAC 10 likes to bring an SEC team out West in game 1, before the kinks are worked out, to try and get some street cred from a lucky win.

LSU really needs a bit of a pass. Being displaced because of the hurricane really had to mess with their focus, plus UCLA got to have a practice game against Hawaii. Between those two things and having to travel cross country, I'm amazed they were in it at all.

Meh. Ucla isn't that good and LSU looks the same. Ed O just isn't a good coach. They have talent (you can see it) but they just aren't a good team. I'm willing to give most teams a pass week 1 tho, even lsu. This week 1 was strange in a lot of ways. I expected Miami to get beat down by Bama, wasn't expecting VA tech to be better and UNC to not be as good. Thought the Gators would look better offe sively passing the ball but I didn't watch the entire game (Gators can run the ball tho as expected). OU almost lost to Tulane, Clemson offense looked bad, no o line and QB looked poo poo. Georgia's offense was bad as well. Montana beat Washington. Weird week 1

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT