ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Baseball Tournament Thread

And now O'Sullivan brings in Snead after Rubio struck out 2 with 2 on. What does Snead do? Gives up an RBI single to tie the game. Snead's ERA is only 2.36 because he gives up clutch hits with other pitcher's runner on base. He's been absolutely terrible the last month and has cost us several games. He's supposed to be one of our stoppers out of the bullpen and was that for the 1st have of the season. But lately he can't get anybody out and yet the coach keeps running him out there when the game's on the line. Whether we win or lose today, I'm very disappointed in this team and the coaching decisions last night and today.

And now O'Sullivan brings in Snead after Rubio struck out 2 with 2 on. What does Snead do? Gives up an RBI single to tie the game. Snead's ERA is only 2.36 because he gives up clutch hits with other pitcher's runner on base. He's been absolutely terrible the last month and has cost us several games. He's supposed to be one of our stoppers out of the bullpen and was that for the 1st have of the season. But lately he can't get anybody out and yet the coach keeps running him out there when the game's on the line. Whether we win or lose today, I'm very disappointed in this team and the coaching decisions last night and today.
I think Sully wants (hopes) that Snead will find his early season from.

We will probably lose this one. Very disappointed in the coaching and this team. Do not think they m as key it to CWS.

And now India makes a critical error with 2 out and 2 on. Guthrie made a crucial error last night in the 14th inning that started the 2 run inning that beat us. The TEAM is just not playing well - offense, defense, pitching, clutch hitting, coaching. It's all out of sync.

I wouldn't have given india an error on that, that was about as hard a play as you can make laying out for it.. he's had two today of the hardest stops you can have on the hot corner.

now the lead is back

I wouldn't have given india an error on that, that was about as hard a play as you can make laying out for it.. he's had two today of the hardest stops you can have on the hot corner.

now the lead is back
Agreed. It was not an error. He knocked it down and saved a run

We lost the first game last year and went on to win the Tournament.

I wonder if Sully starts Shore tomorrow.

Glad for the win. We need to get our mojo back ASAP, so I'm thinking it will either be Shore or Faedo tomorrow, depending on how Shore feels. Then if we make it to the championship game he'll probably start Dunning. We sure miss Alonso in the middle of the lineup, as it makes our bottom pretty weak. Reyes got a clutch hit today, though, so that was good.

I'd like to punch that guy in the mouth
bttt

He finds where the ESPN booth is located and sits right underneath for maximum TV noise. A few years ago, ESPN tried to get him thrown out. A cop told him to stop. Which he did. Then a few innings he was right back to it.

bttt

He finds where the ESPN booth is located and sits right underneath for maximum TV noise. A few years ago, ESPN tried to get him thrown out. A cop told him to stop. Which he did. Then a few innings he was right back to it.

Sounds like your typical Vanderbilt douche.

Most people give Vandy folks a lot of cred. Yeah sure they are smart, make plenty of money, etc. However try holding a five minute conversation with one of them.

LSU may use up all their 9 lives over the past 3 weeks....
Yea. Never seen so much good luck and bad calls going their way. Not just in our game either. If we can get past MSU tonight with Faedo, we can pitch Shore and Dunn tomorrow.

He said post game that he was surprised how tough it was for him to adjust to the way he's been pitched this year, but that he thought some changes were coming together and he was starting to drive the ball. He was spraying it all over the place last night, that's for sure.

He said post game that he was surprised how tough it was for him to adjust to the way he's been pitched this year, but that he thought some changes were coming together and he was starting to drive the ball. He was spraying it all over the place last night, that's for sure.
Yea, he hit to right filed, to left field and to center field. The encouraging thing is that is sounds like his changed approach is deliberate. He knew he needed and change, found one that worked. And the success came from 3 different pitchers. More than that if we consider the whole week.

Sully keeps saying Alonso will be ready next week.

So Schwarz is back at first. Is Kevin doing this because he is thinking about doing it when Pete come back next week? Pete at DH, JJ at first and Mike at catcher. All three big bats and gives Pete time to ease back into the line up.

Great win. What a start by Moss. One of the best games any Gators starter has pitched all year. Amazing.

Tomorrow should be fun.

Yep. As nerve racking this win was, it could pay dividends down the road.

Bullpen needed a lockdown save. You could see how fired up Anderson was. We should always have the advantage late in games when both teams get into the bullpen. It's been a little spotty for us though lately.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Florida will make its 14th appearance in the SEC Tournament championship game, second-most all-time to LSU's 17. It is Florida's fourth under head coach Kevin O'Sullivan.

• This is the fifth time a school has made it to at least three straight SEC Tournament title games [LSU (1990-95 and 2008-10), Vanderbilt (2011-13) and Alabama (1995-97)].

• Florida has won seven straight elimination games in the SEC Tournament dating back to last year's tournament.

This was Florida's seventh shutout in the SEC Tournament all-time, and its first since A.J. Puk blanked Arkansas 10-0 in a 7-inning game on May 22, 2015. It was Florida's first 9-inning shutout in the SEC Tournament since a 5-0 win over Vanderbilt on May 29, 2011.

These stats, and the pitching.... is exactly why i get so pissed when they underperform. there's just simply no excuse not to seriously contend and win it this year. Our SIXTH guy just blew down the hottest team in his first start like it was a joke. We get any offense and we should be the champs this year

I'll be surprised is Logan Shore pitches today. With Regionals coming up I think O'Sullivan wants his stud ace fully rested for Game 1. My guess is Michael Byrne will start and the entire staff will be used as necessary, less Puk, Faedo, Moss & Shore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT