ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the SEC programs/Coaches Right Now

Both want to be...no, both NEED to be on the board of their betters.

They need validation.
200w.gif

Wrong. Wishful thinking on your part. Smart's not leaving his alma mater, but it's nice for you to recognize his value. UGA is a top 5 job in the country.
It is? A program that hasn’t won a national title in 35 years is a top 5 job in the country? In the SEC alone it is behind Bama, LSU and UF.

All of a sudden after all these years the Dawg posters have returned to ITG, funny, isn't it? Let it be a reminder for all of you who have forgot or are too young to remember the hatred they have always spewed and why, for me and many others, they are still our biggest rival.
Reminder, doggies...it's STILL been over 35 years since you guys won a NC

I never forgot. Any time they beat UF it's the same shit...they're on their way to a championship and everybody should fear them. There's not a team or fanbase I hate more.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
It is? A program that hasn’t won a national title in 35 years is a top 5 job in the country? In the SEC alone it is behind Bama, LSU and UF.
Depends on who you ask. Do top 5 jobs get turned down multiple times by coaches before finding someone down the list who'll accept the job?

Reactions: Kylo Ren
Depends on who you ask. Do top 5 jobs get turned down multiple times by coaches before finding someone down the list who'll accept the job?

I don't know, but was Ray Goof your genius 1st pick for a coach, or was he just someone way down the list who was willing to accept the job? ;)

Reactions: fsumc
Shouldnt a top 5 job be able to win a national title within the last 35 years? I hate to break it to you but UGA probably isn’t even in the top 10.

These schools alone are all better jobs than UGA

Bama, UF, LSU, Auburn, Southern Cal, Texas, Ohio State, Clemson & FSU.

Reactions: fsu939913
I never forgot. Any time they beat UF it's the same shit...they're on their way to a championship and everybody should fear them. There's not a team or fanbase I hate more.
When they lose, they are generally well behaved. But if they do beat Florida, they are a pain in the ass.

When they lose, they are generally well behaved. But if they do beat Florida, they are a pain in the ass.

Just a question, no flame. What about Miami? I am just wondering. I know they are not a regular on the schedule. However, they seem to have had your number lately.

To be honest I don’t have an honest feeling for how you all feel about Miami other than this canoe situation.

Reactions: mcanes
Just a question, no flame. What about Miami? I am just wondering. I know they are not a regular on the schedule. However, they seem to have had your number lately.

To be honest I don’t have an honest feeling for how you all feel about Miami other than this canoe situation.
Miami fans are pains before, during and after games. Win or lose. My overall experience with them, with enough notable exceptions to mention that there ARE some notable exceptions, is that they are, as a group, just nasty, nasty people.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about FSU fans. My son in law, and as a result my grandsons, are Nole fans. So is one of my best friends along with his whole family. So obliviously anyone in those groups are A-OK in my book. As far as strangers go, I have had a few problems before and after games against FSU in Tallahassee and in Gainesville. But honestly not many.

What about Miami?...I don’t have an honest feeling for how you all feel about Miami other than this canoe situation.
There is nothing good to come from Florida playing Miami.

Honestly, sadgator started as a freshman at UF in ‘88 and he has seen us beat Miami 1 fvcking time. It sucks. They admittedly own us, and it is the only school against which sadgator has just pretty much given up. Their fans bring out the worst in Florida fans, and every one of the games sadgator has attended between the two schools (many) has been a complete sh!t show both on and off the field. It really is a horrible “rivalry” for us, just a despicable environment, and there is just no need to play them.

And as to the canoe, Foley fvcked that up too. Why we ever agreed to play them after Urban beat them and they refused to give it back to us (and we did not demand its return) is an absolute mystery of the college football universe that will never be solved. That MF-in’ canoe is sitting in one of Fidel Castro’s family’s pools with ducks and chickens in it...sumbitches.

Can’t wait for 2019...should be a “blast.”

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

At times I wish we could play a more consistent schedule with Miami but as Sad points out...it's just a nasty rivalry.

Reason I wish we could play them on a more consistent basis is because as luck has it. They are near a peak, or we are down that time, and sometimes a combination of both. Ole Miss is in the same category.

I mean without researching, we have faced Miami during Zook's first year, with an interim coach during a bowl game, with a freshman QB, with the Muschamp/Driskel combo, while Butch Davis had the roster loaded with multiple future all pro's.

No doubt in my mind some of SOS's teams with Danny or Shane...some of Urban's years with Tebow (already done), or some of the years with them having a coach like Al Golden and Shannon there is no doubt we could have handled them.

Ole Miss has been the same way. Zook's first year. A true freshman Leak vs Eli Manning. Crap like that. We lucked up and played against them just two weeks before Will Grier was suspended. We saw the results.

Reactions: instaGATOR
That 2013 beating we took in Joe Robbie was seriously a life-changing event for sadgator.

sadgator has honestly never felt the same about Gator football...or really college football in general...since that game...

Without going into detail, it was a nightmare experience of epic proportions.

As far as sadgator is concerned, Miami can have the series, the “glory,” and the fvucking canoe for all of eternity...

If it was up to sadgator, we’d never play them again.

Most no longer remember why they were taken off of UF schedule. o_O

Post game fights.
Then pre-game and post game fights.
Then fights as soon as fans came into whichever town they played in.
Home and Home was ended due to fights and constant vehicle vandalism.
Moved to Tampa and Orlando in an attempt to mitigate the home crowd fights.
Nothing worked, so the annual series was finally cancelled.

I'd be good with never playing either the scUM thugs nor the tallycrappy criminoles, except in an occasional bowl game, or a NC playoff game.

Last edited:
Currently, SEC:
1. Bama, huge step down to
2. Uga, big step down to
3. Auburn, big step down to,
4 5 LSU, South Carolina, small step down to
6 7 8 UF, aTm, MSU, then everyone else

ACC:
1.Clemson, huge step down to
2 Miami, small step down to
3 4 5 VaTech, NCSU, FSU, step down to
6 Louisville (graded on expectations for next year, without their QB), big step down to everyone else

Solely on a talent basis, I do believe FSU is closer to Clemson than anyone else in the conference, just not sure how the new coaching staff will do. I'm optimistic about the energy & enthusiasm they've brought, as I think we'd grown stagnant under Jimbo - but Taggart hasn't stayed in one place long enough to establish much of a track record.

Reactions: LrgK9
Well i had them fifth, which isnt in the top 3. If you are solely basing things on last seasons results, you may as wel just look at end of season rankings. I based mine on my perception of talent, dropped louisville some since the ket to their success is gone, and made some guesses as to what some will do under new coaching staffs.

Well i had them fifth, which isnt in the top 3. If you are solely basing things on last seasons results, you may as wel just look at end of season rankings. I based mine on my perception of talent, dropped louisville some since the ket to their success is gone, and made some guesses as to what some will do under new coaching staffs.
No, you had them tied for 3rd. How do I know that? You put that number before FSU. And I am basing my opinion on FSU hiring a coach that does not look like he will be as good as the previous coach.

Until proven otherwise, FSU is not a top tier ACC program.

Wrong. Wishful thinking on your part. Smart's not leaving his alma mater, but it's nice for you to recognize his value. UGA is a top 5 job in the country.
Top 5? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL u 100% typed that with a smirk, threw ur head back, spun in your chair and then slapped ur hands together. Alma mater cant pay like bama can #ChumpCgange #SteppingStone

Also, i have no dawg in this fight, we literally nvr play u becuz ur too scared lol

No, you had them tied for 3rd. How do I know that? You put that number before FSU. And I am basing my opinion on FSU hiring a coach that does not look like he will be as good as the previous coach.

This is what i love about MJ, he says something so basic, 1+1=2 and then walks away with such arrogance that he just dropped a BOMB on everybody...we know MJ, if u want to be a top team, u have to prove. Ive never heard that before....oh...wait

Reactions: TennesseeGator
That 2013 beating we took in Joe Robbie was seriously a life-changing event for sadgator.

sadgator has honestly never felt the same about Gator football...or really college football in general...since that game...

Without going into detail, it was a nightmare experience of epic proportions.

As far as sadgator is concerned, Miami can have the series, the “glory,” and the fvucking canoe for all of eternity...

If it was up to sadgator, we’d never play them again.

I must know more about that night

Honestly, i love playing Miami every yr. Its good football to watch and i just piss their fans off so ez. I literally tell on them to policeman when they do nothing wrong as well. Got a few kicked that way, pretty easy actually

Most no longer remember why they were taken off of UF schedule. o_O

Post game fights.
Then pre-game and post game fights.
Then fights as soon as fans came into whichever town they played in.
Home and Home was ended due to fights and constant vehicle vandalism.
Moved to Tampa and Orlando in an attempt to mitigate the home crowd fights.
Nothing worked, so the annual series was finally cancelled.

I'd be good with never playing either the scUM thugs nor the tallycrappy criminoles, except in an occasional bowl game, or a NC playoff game.

I love playing u guys every yr. Seriously tho, the swat team should bewaiting in the parking lots with M4's and mowing peoppe down who vandalize cars. That $h## is stupid and for liberal protesters. There is still someone hurting from the sucker punch i hit them with for vandalizing a car, it was an fsu fan too. He thought he was cool until he hit the deck. Of course i took off running before he woke up but that was just because i didnt want him ratting on me to the police

I must know more about that night...
It was a noon game...which makes the absurd level of drunkenness on both sides even more astonishing...

Let’s just say that when an event ends with sadgator having to use every ounce of his own physical strength to restrain a wildly out of control mrs. sadgator (who couldn’t give a rat’s ass less about Gator football) in order to prevent her from causing extreme bodily harm to a “delightfully” foul-mouthed Cuban chick and her huge, sweaty, and irritated boyfriend...it was kinda cause for a significant amount of post-event self-reflection...

Reactions: LrgK9 and fsu939913
It was a noon game...which makes the absurd level of drunkenness on both sides even more astonishing...

Let’s just say that when an event ends with sadgator having to use every ounce of his own physical strength to restrain a wildly out of control mrs. sadgator (who couldn’t give a rat’s ass less about Gator football) in order to prevent her from causing extreme bodily harm to a “delightfully” foul-mouthed Cuban chick and her huge, sweaty, and irritated boyfriend...it was kinda cause for a significant amount of post-event self-reflection...

Well now.
Margays quite the story

If you're listing teams in a ranking list, or displaying the leaders of a tournament on a leaderboard, you don't displayed teams/players who are tied as 3, 4 5. You show them as T3, then list the teams. Then the next team listed is shown as 6. Anyone who's ever had any involvement, or interest, in sports should know that.

l listed them as I did as an easy way of grouping together teams that I think have similar prospects for next year. Some teams can reasonably be expected to improve next year; I think both FSU and UF fall in that category (us because I do believe our terrible record was somewhat flukish, and I believe we have more talent on our roster than most of the teams we play; you guys because I think your coach the last couple of years was horrible, and you'll immediately be improved simply from having a competent coach on the sideline). Some can reasonably be expected to slide; I expect Louisville to slip because their star player, around whom their offense was built, is gone.

Lmao that is awesome. Thats y i asked, i knew u would tell it well lol

Reactions: sadgator
If you're listing teams in a ranking list, or displaying the leaders of a tournament on a leaderboard, you don't displayed teams/players who are tied as 3, 4 5. You show them as T3, then list the teams. Then the next team listed is shown as 6. Anyone who's ever had any involvement, or interest, in sports should know that.

l listed them as I did as an easy way of grouping together teams that I think have similar prospects for next year. Some teams can reasonably be expected to improve next year; I think both FSU and UF fall in that category (us because I do believe our terrible record was somewhat flukish, and I believe we have more talent on our roster than most of the teams we play; you guys because I think your coach the last couple of years was horrible, and you'll immediately be improved simply from having a competent coach on the sideline). Some can reasonably be expected to slide; I expect Louisville to slip because their star player, around whom their offense was built, is gone.

Mj is the gator version of alaska. Not 2 bright

Reactions: instaGATOR
Its like people forgot UGA was 8-5 just a year ago. Meanwhile UF was in the SEC Title game two of the last three years. How bout we let UGA perform for more than one year with a team of 30+ seniors before we put them up there with Bama?
Sorry, but UGA didn't lose 30 seniors who played. More like 14. Typically of most teams.

Sorry, but UGA didn't lose 30 seniors who played. More like 14. Typically of most teams.

175buttsniffer is the UGly version of --
Mj, is the gator version of alaska. Not 2 bright, -- nor up to speed on previous posts... :rolleyes: ----------- :D

Reactions: fsu939913
175buttsniffer is the UGly version of -- Mj, is the gator version of alaska. Not 2 bright, -- nor up to speed on previous posts... :rolleyes: ----------- :D

I dont know why but anytime u call a UGA a buttsniffer i always laugh. Gets me everytime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT