ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the SEC programs/Coaches Right Now

kellylexy

Green Machine
Feb 4, 2004
Mine:

1) Bama. Saban and this program are the hallmark of cfb.
2) UGA. Biggest risers. Loaded with talent and Smart is proving to be a very good program leader.
3) Auburn. Depends on the year. Hot seat. Beat Bama. Hot seat. Beat Bama.
4) USCe. Muschamp has learned quite a bit after his stint at UF. USCe is not head and shoulders about the rest, however I give them a slight edge over the field not included in 1-3.
5) The rest are all somewhere between 5-the caboose. Maybe LSU because of their talent level is at 5, but their current coach is worse than what they had.

The Gators continue to be the #1 overall program in the SEC, it's not even close. Finished 2017 at #3 for the Director's Cup.

As to current individual 2018 football standing:
The Gators are undefeated so they are #1, like 13 other SEC teams. ;)
Any other attempt at ranking is nothing more than opinion and speculation.
If you want to know about 2017, those final results are in the record books.

In the SEC
#1 Baseball UF - 2017 CWS Champs
#1 Softball UF - 2017 WCWS Runner-ups
#1 Lacrosse UF (4x Big East Champs) (2017 Elite-8)

In the Nation
Gymnastics (W) -- 1. LSU, 2. UF

#2 Track & Field -- (7 of the Top 8 spots)
1. aTm, 2. UF, 3. UA,
4. UGA, 5. Ark7. AU, 8. LSU

Swimming & Diving (7 of the Top 20 spots)
4. UF, 9. aTm, 11. UGA, 12. TN, 13. AU, 15. Mizz, 17. UA

And on and on and on it goes.... :cool:

Mine:

1) Bama. Saban and this program are the hallmark of cfb.
2) UGA. Biggest risers. Loaded with talent and Smart is proving to be a very good program leader.
3) Auburn. Depends on the year. Hot seat. Beat Bama. Hot seat. Beat Bama.
4) USCe. Muschamp has learned quite a bit after his stint at UF. USCe is not head and shoulders about the rest, however I give them a slight edge over the field not included in 1-3.
5) The rest are all somewhere between 5-the caboose. Maybe LSU because of their talent level is at 5, but their current coach is worse than what they had.
Agreed...

Until more evidence comes in, I would not put FSU in the top quarter. Hell, I might not even put them in the top third or even the top half.

That opinion could change up or down depending on how well Taggart does.

Its like people forgot UGA was 8-5 just a year ago. Meanwhile UF was in the SEC Title game two of the last three years. How bout we let UGA perform for more than one year with a team of 30+ seniors before we put them up there with Bama?

Its like people forgot UGA was 8-5 just a year ago. Meanwhile UF was in the SEC Title game two of the last three years. How bout we let UGA perform for more than one year with a team of 30+ seniors before we put them up there with Bama?
UGA has had two unbelievable recruiting classes. That aid, lets see how they do without those two NFL ready RBs to lean on.

I will say UGA's defense is light years better than it ever was under Richt.

UGA has had two unbelievable recruiting classes. That aid, lets see how they do without those two NFL ready RBs to lean on.

I will say UGA's defense is light years better than it ever was under Richt.

Not really. Richt's last year with Pruitt they finished 7th in total defense, this year they finished 6th.

Their recruiting has definitely been good but Smart inherited a 10-3 team with a top 5 class committed with the nations #1 QB (Eason). Then against all odds they have a bunch of 5-star juniors who could have been high NFL picks (Carter, Michel, Chubb, etc) return for their senior years. He was set up to have a really good second year. They were the most experienced team in college football last year with 30+ seniors and ultimately have nothing to show for it. I'm not all that convinced yet.

Reactions: sadgator
That was one year (2015) where UGA scoring defense was in the top ten under Richt. Going all the way back to 2008, UGA's scoring defense was never in the top ten, save for 2015. And rarely even in the top twenty.

Georgia is killing it recruiting with Smart. We will have to really get our act together to keep beating them most years.

...oh...and Muschamp hasn’t learned sh!t...

And if Mullen can bring half of the team toughness to Florida that he brought to MSU, the East is gonna be in for a serious wake up call...

Including everybody’s apparent Universal “Champion” Georgia Bulldogs.

Not really. Richt's last year with Pruitt they finished 7th in total defense, this year they finished 6th.

Their recruiting has definitely been good but Smart inherited a 10-3 team with a top 5 class committed with the nations #1 QB (Eason). Then against all odds they have a bunch of 5-star juniors who could have been high NFL picks (Carter, Michel, Chubb, etc) return for their senior years. He was set up to have a really good second year. They were the most experienced team in college football last year with 30+ seniors and ultimately have nothing to show for it. I'm not all that convinced yet.

Nothing to show for it? We won the SEC. In regards to the 30+ plus seniors, you understand almost half were walk ons who never played. We return 30 of 44 on our 2 deep roster, I'll take that every year. But our rivals keep spewing this 30+ plus senior thingee as a coping mechanism.

Nothing to show for it? We won the SEC. In regards to the 30+ plus seniors, you understand almost half were walk ons who never played. We return 30 of 44 on our 2 deep roster, I'll take that every year. But our rivals keep spewing this 30+ plus senior thingee as a coping mechanism.
Coping mechanism? For a program that hasn’t won a national title in 30+ years? Were you alive?

Reactions: YoungNole

U will get bama'ed over and over again. UGA are the ultimate clemsoners

Reactions: YoungNole

The SEC East was terrible. The second best team in the division lost 4 games. Three other teams in the division didn't even have a winning record. You all played two ranked teams in the regular season and went 1-1. You won the SEC because you got a do over against a banged up Auburn team after they beat you by 30 the first time around. And you're wrong about your seniors and upperclassmen.

The SEC East was terrible. The second best team in the division lost 4 games. Three other teams in the division didn't even have a winning record. You all played two ranked teams in the regular season and went 1-1. You won the SEC because you got a do over against a banged up Auburn team after they beat you by 30 the first time around. And you're wrong about your seniors and upperclassmen.

Very true. UGA was overrated and it showed in the title game which they were EXTREMELY lucky to be in

16 seniors in the 2 deep. We're not going anywhere but up.

Wtf??? Did you watch the title game? Aren't you the GT guy? That would explain it.

F Ga Tech.

I watched your QB choke harder than a college girl at a .....nvr mind, u get the idea

He literally had a dooky stain on his drawyers as he walked off the field

F Ga Tech.

I watched your QB choke harder than a college girl at a .....nvr mind, u get the idea

He literally had a dooky stain on his drawyers as he walked off the field
Haha... harder than a "date" with Winston? Again, I don't know what game you were watching. Maybe all that FSU "football" you watched last year has you impaired.

The UGly buttsnifers almost always have the best team in the SECe on paper.:cool:

The trouble with that is the same as always, the games aren't played on paper.o_O

Reactions: fsu939913
Until more evidence comes in, I would not put FSU in the top quarter. Hell, I might not even put them in the top third or even the top half.

That opinion could change up or down depending on how well Taggart does.
I don't disagree with you but I think that FSU has a lot of talent and will bounce back...they are certainly in a position too...maybe I'm wrong and I hope that they suck.

All of a sudden after all these years the Dawg posters have returned to ITG, funny, isn't it? Let it be a reminder for all of you who have forgot or are too young to remember the hatred they have always spewed and why, for me and many others, they are still our biggest rival.
Reminder, doggies...it's STILL been over 35 years since you guys won a NC

They do have a lot of talent. As we saw last year when they also had a lot of talent, that guarantees nothing.

As u know from the last 7 yrs, if u have a good qb u win. We had a stick figure Ethiopian who was blind and still wet behind the ears from birth while playing last yr. We also had a nimwit for a DC who couldnt coach 25 guys to guard 4. Im not sure how these new coaches will be on defense but they cant be worse. Think we miss Jimbo but Taggart seems to be finding his footing so far, its wait amd see with him, im not sure he is the answer but we will see

We'll see one in Athens before you see one in Tallahassee.

This is terrific...UGA and FSU fans bitch slapping each other in the middle of our board...

Man...September is a long way from here (sigh)...

bitch-slap_o_206984.gif

All of a sudden after all these years the Dawg posters have returned to ITG, funny, isn't it? Let it be a reminder for all of you who have forgot or are too young to remember the hatred they have always spewed and why, for me and many others, they are still our biggest rival.
Reminder, doggies...it's STILL been over 35 years since you guys won a NC
Actually, it is just the one turd. If/when UGA falls on hard times, he will disappear soon enough.

Wrong. Saban retires in 3 yrs and then say bye bye to Smart. Stepping stone job. Typical bulldog. Always the runt of the litter
Wrong. Wishful thinking on your part. Smart's not leaving his alma mater, but it's nice for you to recognize his value. UGA is a top 5 job in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT