ADVERTISEMENT

Proprietary COVID-19 and Vaccine thread

You do not know what they are doing. You make assumptions. And not ALL honest people accept the premise of your narrative.
I didn't say they were doing it. I said any honest person would know it was wrong IF someone put down the vaccination status of a patient without verifying that status.

And they would. Dishonest people with agendas wouldn't care, as long as the status was the one they liked.

Reactions: jfegaly
Mostly true, the truth is there have been vaccines for RSV most of been ineffective or even dangerous but we have given them to high-risk patients from time to time. I remember this during my pediatric residency in the 90s when we would occasionally bring out the old vaccine in certain premature infants.
There is also a new RSV vaccine which is getting the fast track thanks to Covid.

Haha. Poser got caught and is now talking about stuff in phase 1 trials. Again, according to your trusted CDC. “There are currently no vaccines for RSV”

That phone you hear ringing….it’s Med school, they want their degree back.

Funny part, you had to google it. Know how I know….I got the same link on the first line of my results. Be better doc mcstuffins

Looks like that article is using the same source material as the Vox article that admitted that the number of unvaccinated included anyone who had received 1 vaccine shot but not two AND anyone whose vaccination status 'could not be confirmed'.

Honestly, don't you guys research the information you read at all? Or do you just run with it if you like the headline?

Looks like that article is using the same source material as the Vox article that admitted that the number of unvaccinated included anyone who had received 1 vaccine shot but not two AND anyone whose vaccination status 'could not be confirmed'.

Honestly, don't you guys research the information you read at all? Or do you just run with it if you like the headline?

I take your point, but the practical difference is probably negligible.

There is a significant difference between the effectiveness of one shot vs two.

And why do you think those “could not be confirmed” cases could not be confirmed?

I take your point, but the practical difference is probably negligible.

There is a significant difference between the effectiveness of one shot vs two.

And why do you think those “could not be confirmed” cases could not be confirmed?
Could be several reasons:

1 = They forgot to ask
2 - The patient died before they could ask
3 - They intentionally didn't ask

Point is, if any of the three reasons happened, the numbers of unvaccinated are inflated.

There is no scenario where the number of vaccinated can be inflated. There are SEVERAL scenarios where the number of unvaccinated could be inflated.

That matters to people that want accurate numbers.

Here's the question you SHOULD be asking: "Why don't they just create a category for 'vaccine status unknown'?"

Reactions: Tmi512
Could be several reasons:

1 = They forgot to ask
2 - The patient died before they could ask
3 - They intentionally didn't ask

Point is, if any of the three reasons happened, the numbers of unvaccinated are inflated.

There is no scenario where the number of vaccinated can be inflated. There are SEVERAL scenarios where the number of unvaccinated could be inflated.

That matters to people that want accurate numbers.

Here's the question you SHOULD be asking: "Why don't they just create a category for 'vaccine status unknown'?"

I am no Sherlock Holmes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that most of those "could not be confirmed" cases are people who declined to give their status out of fear that they will be shamed or given second-class treatment.

Ding ding ding

And in the science corner you have the CDC, the NIH, Harvard medical, the mayo clinic, and Johns Hopkins University along with 50,000 other doctors….

…… and in the pseudoscience corner you have an ex-New York Times reporter with a degree in history in economics.

Ding ding ding…..

BORING
😴

Last edited:
No. At the Gathering of the Juggalos.
Well of course you meant the hospital. But if I had replied as if you said that, you would have cried about how you were being 'misquoted' again.

So you're saying some of the unvaccinated don't trust the doctors and nurses at some hospitals to give them optimal care IF tell admit to those doctors and nurses that they haven't been vaccinated?

Wow. Really throwing @gator1776's claimed profession under the bus.

But I get your point.

Now you can cry about being 'misquoted'.

So, what did we learn today. We learned there is a “physician” treating high risk children, with a vaccine for RSV that doesn’t exist. Let that sink in. I believe EVERYONE should be getting a clear picture on why @gator1776 has so much free time to post.

Sad, he did it to himself.

Sorry to the folks that fell for the act.

OMG LMAO!

Anyone can try it. Go ahead and google RSV vaccine. I only knew it because I had done it before to make sure what I was talking about was accurate. First result is the CDC link, second one…..I will let someone else have some fun

Let’s just say the highly educated “doctor” was googling just like everyone else. This has been a great day.

I know I shouldn’t even really entertain this but just so there’s no confusion:

This is what we have used for years to prevent RSV in high-risk patients including my time in pediatrics in the 90s:

Palivizumab is used in certain infants and young children to prevent serious lung infections (such as pneumonia) that are caused by a certain virus (respiratory syncytial virus-RSV). Palivizumab works by preventing the growth of the virus. This medication is not used to treat RSV infection, but should be continued even if your child gets the RSV infection to prevent a more serious infection.

And this is the vaccine and I was referring to:

And the soon to be combination between the two is remarkably similar to what we do for coronavirus although we don’t use the antibody infusions to prevent coronavirus even at high risk people like we do RSV.

I’m not posting this for anybody except those that pop in the board and want to see how Pseudoscientific and manipulative some are on here

I know I shouldn’t even really entertain this but just so there’s no confusion:

This is what we have used for years to prevent RSV in high-risk patients including my time in pediatrics in the 90s:

Palivizumab is used in certain infants and young children to prevent serious lung infections (such as pneumonia) that are caused by a certain virus (respiratory syncytial virus-RSV). Palivizumab works by preventing the growth of the virus. This medication is not used to treat RSV infection, but should be continued even if your child gets the RSV infection to prevent a more serious infection.

And this is the vaccine and I was referring to:

And the soon to be combination between the two is remarkably similar to what we do for coronavirus although we don’t use the antibody infusions to prevent coronavirus even at high risk people like we do RSV.

I’m not posting this for anybody except those that pop in the board and want to see how Pseudoscientific and manipulative some are on here

You are confirming what was already discussed and what you can confirm on the CDC site. It is all captured already ITT for historical purposes. Please reference post #138. It captures what you said, and what the CDC says quoted. Here is a refresher.

1. Palivizumab (Synagi) is a humanized monoclonal antibody. NOT a VACCINE. It’s a monoclonal treatment (hey, isn’t that what regeneron is)

2. According to the CDC. “There currently are NO vaccines for RSV. See link in post 138

3. The article you linked for clinical PHASE 1 trials is from….wait for it….August 3rd 2021.

So again, what is the name of this vaccine you have been treating your high risk kids with doc?

And for what its worth….the FDA already approved a monoclonal as a preventative for covid for high risk people. Its called regeneron. I guess you have alot of catching up to do. The good news is….this board is catching you up with modern medical practices. That 85 percent better is achievable doc.

How many times in one day can you get it wrong? Good to see you still have a couple blindly following you, facts be damned.

Last edited:
A quick snapshot of how this played out. Doc mcstuffins is being played by Adam sandler.

Alex is all over this. Great to see true heroes like this getting accurate information out there.

No egos, just public health. As it should be.
He’s a reporter. Our resident shit poster always attacks the messenger/reporter but he never seems to address the actual information he posts.

That’s when he’s not busy asking everyone but @Tmi512 where they went to school and what they studied. Because if you didn’t study what he did and you don’t have 200 years of experience heroically saving lives and shit posting on message boards you should STFU and and stop questioning anything. Just get the shots and lie to get the booster and fall in line.

He’s a reporter. Our resident shit poster always attacks the messenger/reporter but he never seems to address the actual information he posts.

That’s when he’s not busy asking everyone but @Tmi512 where they went to school and what they studied. Because if you didn’t study what he did and you don’t have 200 years of experience heroically saving lives and shit posting on message boards you should STFU and and stop questioning anything. Just get the shots and lie to get the booster and fall in line.

It’s called desperation brother. His credibility has taken a big hit over the last couple months. His calling cards are tagging his sheep, PMing folks to try and get them to join his troll, and finally….where did you go to school and what for. It’s weak sauce.

New England Journal of Medicine research on the effectiveness of vaccines vs the delta variant

CONCLUSIONS
Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses. Absolute differences in vaccine effectiveness were more marked after the receipt of the first dose. This finding would support efforts to maximize vaccine uptake with two doses among vulnerable populations. (Funded by Public Health England.)
n engl j med 385;7 nejm.org August 12, 2021
The New England Journal of Medicine
Downloaded from nejm.org on August 18, 2021.

Reactions: SORT14
@testy524
Join the fun man
We’ve got a vibrant flat earther crowd in here
How does your systems numbers look?

CONCLUSIONS
Only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness were noted with the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant after the receipt of two vaccine doses. Absolute differences in vaccine effectiveness were more marked after the receipt of the first dose. This finding would support efforts to maximize vaccine uptake with two doses among vulnerable populations. (Funded by Public Health England.)
n engl j med 385;7 nejm.org August 12, 2021
The New England Journal of Medicine
Downloaded from nejm.org on August 18, 2021.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital:
230 inpatients with COVID-19 (100 more than their highest in 2020), of those, 205 (89%) are not vaccinated. 51 in ICU, with 3 vaccinated and 48 unvaccinated (94%). They have 34 on ventilators, one vaccinated, 33 unvaccinated (97%).

“ Our study has several limitations. The find- ings are observational and should be interpreted with caution. Low sensitivity or specificity of PCR testing could result in cases and controls being misclassified, which would attenuate the estimates of vaccine effectiveness.”
Every study has limitations. It would be disingenuous to dismiss the findings outright because of that. As a matter of course, researchers are obligated to address the limitations. You will see this in any respected paper. And I fully agree with the authors' warning here.
Edited for clarification: I agree with the authors' warning in that they were prudent to include it. The described limitation shouldn't be inferred as to negate their findings.

Every study has limitations. It would be disingenuous to dismiss the findings outright because of that. As a matter of course, researchers are obligated to address the limitations. You will see this in any respected paper. And I fully agree with the authors' warning here.

I agree. The study has limitations the results should be interpreted with caution

Sarasota Memorial Hospital:
230 inpatients with COVID-19 (100 more than their highest in 2020), of those, 205 (89%) are not vaccinated. 51 in ICU, with 3 vaccinated and 48 unvaccinated (94%). They have 34 on ventilators, one vaccinated, 33 unvaccinated (97%).
Hospital 1 (Louisiana) 500 bed capacity
201 inpatients (86 more than 2020 peak)
81% unvaccinated
32 on ventilators, 31 unvaccinated (97%)

Hospital 2 (Alabama) 201 bed capacity
88 inpatients
91% unvaccinated
10 on ventilators, 10 unvaccinated (100%)

Hospital 3 (Mississippi) 58 bed capacity
27 inpatients
81% unvaccinated
4 on ventilators, all 4 unvaccinated (100%)

Reactions: SORT14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT