ADVERTISEMENT

Most voters say Republican politicians likely conspired with Democrats to oust Trump

kjfreeze

Gator Great
Jan 17, 2005
Fifty-five percent (55%) of all voters say they believe it’s at least somewhat likely that Republican politicians in Washington DC worked secretly with Democrats to keep Donald Trump from being reelected in 2020.
Thirty-three percent (33%) say they don’t think it was likely.
Among GOP voters, 67% say they think Republican politicians helped Democrats prevent Trump’s re-election.
That's according to Rasmussen Reports.
Meantime, Trump remains more popular among Republican voters than GOP Congressional leaders, and a majority of all voters say they think Trump’s 2020 campaign was sabotaged by DC politicians.
The survey finds that 52% of likely US voters view Trump favorably, including 31% who have a "very favorable" impression of him.
Forty-four percent (44%) say they have an unfavorable opinion of Trump, including 34% whose view of the former president is "very unfavorable."
Trump’s general favorability among likely voters is matched by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, although fewer have a Very Favorable impression of the California Republican.
Among GOP voters, however, Trump’s favorability (77%) is higher than McCarthy’s (71%).
Trump is far more popular than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who is seen favorably by just 31% of all likely voters and 32% of Republican voters.

My take:
"Likely" isn't the correct word to use here. "Did" is more like it. The Republican party has RINOs who most definitely conspired. Then the majority of the the rest (the silent majority) sat on the hands and did nothing. For the life of me, I cannot understand how Trump was so hated by these folks when all he did was attempt to restore America to the American people. He did more for this nation than any President I've ever lived to see. And let me go on record to say that BUSH 1 sucked, but BUSH 2 was even worse than his papa. He's a sorry SOB that I hope truly gets right with God because he is destined for hell.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2023/03/poll-republican-voters-still-regard-trump-as-partys-leader/

Of course not.

He's a former Democrat.

Like Reagan.

😊

*flees*

LOL...but still 😡😡😡

😂

Trump spent too much money like a lib but he was SOLID with the military, I agreed with his foreign policy for the most part and I liked where the economy was headed prior to Fauci's gain of function research.

Reactions: kjfreeze
McCarthy by being on TV at least talking the right way has helped his image a lot though I don't expect him to do much in reality except give some nice soundbites on the crimes Joe and family committed. Mitch is literally despised everywhere except his home state I guess. If Trump does win in 2024 hopefully Mitch's health concerns allow someone else to run in 2024 in a special election for that seat. He is the swamp's biggest obstacle to Trump.

Fifty-five percent (55%) of all voters say they believe it’s at least somewhat likely that Republican politicians in Washington DC worked secretly with Democrats to keep Donald Trump from being reelected in 2020.
Thirty-three percent (33%) say they don’t think it was likely.
Among GOP voters, 67% say they think Republican politicians helped Democrats prevent Trump’s re-election.
That's according to Rasmussen Reports.
Meantime, Trump remains more popular among Republican voters than GOP Congressional leaders, and a majority of all voters say they think Trump’s 2020 campaign was sabotaged by DC politicians.
The survey finds that 52% of likely US voters view Trump favorably, including 31% who have a "very favorable" impression of him.
Forty-four percent (44%) say they have an unfavorable opinion of Trump, including 34% whose view of the former president is "very unfavorable."
Trump’s general favorability among likely voters is matched by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, although fewer have a Very Favorable impression of the California Republican.
Among GOP voters, however, Trump’s favorability (77%) is higher than McCarthy’s (71%).
Trump is far more popular than Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who is seen favorably by just 31% of all likely voters and 32% of Republican voters.

My take:
"Likely" isn't the correct word to use here. "Did" is more like it. The Republican party has RINOs who most definitely conspired. Then the majority of the the rest (the silent majority) sat on the hands and did nothing. For the life of me, I cannot understand how Trump was so hated by these folks when all he did was attempt to restore America to the American people. He did more for this nation than any President I've ever lived to see. And let me go on record to say that BUSH 1 sucked, but BUSH 2 was even worse than his papa. He's a sorry SOB that I hope truly gets right with God because he is destined for hell.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2023/03/poll-republican-voters-still-regard-trump-as-partys-leader/
This is great news as it suggests people are opening their eyes to the fact that we really only have one political party in this country.

And totally agree about the Bushes, they are massive dems. I always LOL when the dems here try to bring them up as being terrible presidents. No shit, they were two of yours LOL

Sure, that’s because Trump isn’t really a Republican.

This is great news as it suggests people are opening their eyes to the fact that we really only have one political party in this country.

And totally agree about the Bushes, they are massive dems. I always LOL when the dems here try to bring them up as being terrible presidents. No shit, they were two of yours LOL
Not Dims...establishment. This means their political lines are very blurred. They lie to us to get our vote, then conspire with democrats behind the scenes to get paid. Trump is NOT a member of this club...and why many hate him. They CANNOT control him. And THIS is what I love most about Trump. In fact, I think that the people who understand this all feel that way. And then you have the never Trumpers/supposed conservatives that just ae not sharp enough to see the trees through the Forrest.

Not Dims...establishment. This means their political lines are very blurred. They lie to us to get our vote, then conspire with democrats behind the scenes to get paid. Trump is NOT a member of this club...and why many hate him. They CANNOT control him. And THIS is what I love most about Trump. In fact, I think that the people who understand this all feel that way. And then you have the never Trumpers/supposed conservatives that just ae not sharp enough to see the trees through the Forrest.
This is what I never understood about the Trump haters. I get that they hate Trump, but none of them ever stop to think about how is it possible that BOTH SIDES in Washington hate him? The Republicans did more to stop him than the dems did.

That doesn't register with Trump haters? They just dismiss it as 'proof' that EVERYONE hates Trump???

Dullards. Put your emotions aside and apply some critical thinking.

As much as I complain about Trump, there is no doubt many of the existing republican politicians didn't care much for his rocking their cushy lifestyle boat.
I've complained about Trump on several occasions myself (he's not perfect), but what he did for America is nothing but phenomenal. Think where this whole concept of deep state would be if he didn't do what he did? Also, imagine where we'd be now as a Nation if Hillary would have won? Short answer is, we would no longer be a Nation - at least an independent one.

These Republicans care more for themselves and their lifestyles than the job they were sent to Washington to perform as representatives for those who voted them in. It's worse now than anytime I can remember in my life.

I hear you...but I'd take a string of Reagan clones over the next few dozen years and call it a W.

...well....not a W....you know what I mean.
Sadly, Reagan was a representative of the system also. He wasn't the rosy-cheeked good 'o boy everyone thinks. The only President that was actually voted in by a majority in my lifetime and without corruption was Trump.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I've complained about Trump on several occasions myself (he's not perfect), but what he did for America is nothing but phenomenal. Think where this whole concept of deep state would be if he didn't do what he did? Also, imagine where we'd be now as a Nation if Hillary would have won? Short answer is, we would no longer be a Nation - at least an independent one.

These Republicans care more for themselves and their lifestyles than the job they were sent to Washington to perform as representatives for those who voted them in. It's worse now than anytime I can remember in my life.

Not just exposing the deep state. When Trump gained traction and was showing to be an actual threat to win the primary in 2016 Fox News, establishment politicians and other conservative media tried to tell us we were crazy that there wasn't any establishment like Trump supporters were trying to claim. Then of course they denied there being a Swamp and deep state for a while after he took office until it became laughable to claim that.

This is what I never understood about the Trump haters. I get that they hate Trump, but none of them ever stop to think about how is it possible that BOTH SIDES in Washington hate him? The Republicans did more to stop him than the dems did.

That doesn't register with Trump haters? They just dismiss it as 'proof' that EVERYONE hates Trump???

You're thinking that anyone who's not a Trump worshiper is a Trump hater.

There are Trump haters, for sure, but a lot of people just see him for what he is....someone with some good ideas who can't manage to act like an adult.

There are Trump haters, for sure, but a lot of people just see him for what he is....someone with some good ideas who can't manage to act like an adult.
See? You just made my point for me. You read what I said and all you want to talk about is Trump and his supporters LOL

It's not about Trump. It's about the fact that a politician went to Washington and instantly got BOTH sides who can NEVER AGREE ON ANYTHING to agree that they HATED him.

A critical thinker would question why. A dullard would make it about Trump, even when it clearly isn't.

READ MY LIPS. NO NEW BUSHES.
I agree …..

vince-mcmahon-wwe.gif

Truly not informed enough to make prudent decisions. It is pure laziness. We have TWO that hang around here....Theo and Gold Mom. They do not understand this whatsoever.

General Nathan Bedford Forrest?

• Haha
Reactions: EvilWayz

In.

Sadly, Reagan was a representative of the system also. He wasn't the rosy-cheeked good 'o boy everyone thinks. The only President that was actually voted in by a majority in my lifetime and without corruption was Trump.

He made mistakes, he sometimes believed in the wrong people and his hands weren't always clean...but that man was the epitome of a leader.

He's from a bygone era...not sure how he'd deal with this one tbh.

In my not so humble opinion the Iran Contra affair was at least as bad a cockup as Carter's hostage crisis debacle.

Worse in many ways. The difference was how each man managed his particular crisis. Reagan led, Carter chose paralysis by analysis.

One man was a leader and a doer, the other had deep thoughts.

Worse in many ways. The difference was how each man managed his particular crisis. Reagan led, Carter chose paralysis by analysis.

One man was a leader and a doer, the other had deep thoughts.
He did stand up and say I am ultimately responsible.

But if you think a light bird, nsc or nay can divert weapons and funds to Iran and a known resistance group in South America without executive authority I got a red bridge in Cali to sell you cheap.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
In my not so humble opinion the Iran Contra affair was at least as bad a cockup as Carter's hostage crisis debacle.
Yeah...NO. College students held America hostage for 444 days. One of the most embarrassing situations in our Nations history. And when we tried to rescue them, our military was so inept we could not even make it happen. Some very brave people died trying to rescue them. Read a VERY good book from one of the mission planners as to why the mission failed...seems that all the branch's of service wanted in on the nest big mission, so the navy flew in some of their poorly maintained helicopters in and they could not even make it to the LZ. Side note...I met the guy who flew in to Iran and placed the pop up landing lights on the make shift runway before the mission. He was a Combat Controller. Brave MF's

Yeah...NO. College students held America hostage for 444 days. One of the most embarrassing situations in our Nations history. And when we tried to rescue them, our military was so inept we could not even make it happen. Some very brave people died trying to rescue them. Read a VERY good book from one of the mission planners as to why the mission failed...seems that all the branch's of service wanted in on the nest big mission, so the navy flew in some of their poorly maintained helicopters in and they could not even make it to the LZ. Side note...I met the guy who flew in to Iran and placed the pop up landing lights on the make shift runway before the mission. He was a Combat Controller. Brave MF's

I dont give a rat's ass about college students.

We gave HAWK and TOW missiles to Hezbollah and rebels trying to overthrow Nicaragua.

Remember that General everybody got upset about when we blew him up? He started and lead the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. That's who got the missiles.

A lot of operators died in the failed op and we got embarrassed on the world stage but we didn't arm terrorists in direct violation of legislation specifically passed for that purpose.

I dont give a rat's ass about college students.

We gave HAWK and TOW missiles to Hezbollah and rebels trying to overthrow Nicaragua.

Remember that General everybody got upset about when we blew him up? He started and lead the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. That's who got the missiles.

A lot of operators died in the failed op and we got embarrassed on the world stage but we didn't arm terrorists in direct violation of legislation specifically passed for that purpose.
I just do not, and never will see it your way here. I lived every day of the hostage situation. It was horrible.

I just do not, and never will see it your way here. I lived every day of the hostage situation. It was horrible.
I'll break it down for you.

The TOW missile is an anti tank weapon that can be mounted on helicopters, vehicles, or shoulder fired.

The HAWK missile is a medium range surface to air missile.

You will recall they were taking over airplanes and taking down airplanes like it was cool at the time.

All 52 hostages were returned unharmed.

It was embarassing for America and uncomfortable for the hostage and it cost 8 Delta guys their lives, which always sucks.

We armed a known terrorist force and funded a rebel force while breaking the law and lying our asses off about not negotiating with terrorists.

Between the Contras and the IRGC there is no place to start estimating the loss of life.

So you're correct, we ain't never going to agree on this.

I just do not, and never will see it your way here.

I'll break it down for you.

The TOW missile is an anti tank weapon that can be mounted on helicopters, vehicles, or shoulder fired.

The HAWK missile is a medium range surface to air missile.

You will recall they were taking over airplanes and taking down airplanes like it was cool at the time.

All 52 hostages were returned unharmed.

It was embarassing for America and uncomfortable for the hostage and it cost 8 Delta guys their lives, which always sucks.

We armed a known terrorist force and funded a rebel force while breaking the law and lying our asses off about not negotiating with terrorists.

Between the Contras and the IRGC there is no place to start estimating the loss of life.

So you're correct, we ain't never going to agree on this.
I am good with that. To ME...hostage crisis was worse. We lost some of our guys here at Hurlburt field. We can disagree.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
He did stand up and say I am ultimately responsible.

But if you think a light bird, nsc or nay can divert weapons and funds to Iran and a known resistance group in South America without executive authority I got a red bridge in Cali to sell you cheap.

Well I know that's what happened because the little bird told me. 😁

I get it. It was dirty and it was wrong. I also understand why he did it but it was a miscalculation. I'd still take a string of Reagan’s without complaint.

Well I know that's what happened because the little bird told me. 😁

I get it. It was dirty and it was wrong. I also understand why he did it but it was a miscalculation. I'd still take a string of Reagan’s without complaint.
I would too but people piss and moan about Obama sending them cash by the pallet but at least he didn't lie about it.

Boland was passed to appease the communist Sandinistas not prevent arms to terrorist. The Contras were not terrorists.

Others and North found a novel way around it and was not convicted of anything except building a security fence at his house. That ticky tack conviction was later overturned. I believe Bush pardoned others.

Israel sold the arms to Iran. Rafsanjani was being courted in a misguided belief that he was a moderate set to succeed Kohmieni. Hostage releases were not guaranteed. Money went in a 3rd party bank in Switzerland. Gubment can claim its their money but it was not. If it belonged to a gubmint it was Israels. Israel was gifted replacement weapons. Once you give someone or sell them something it belongs to them.

Most convictions were for obstruction and perjury. Bush was about to be implicated when he pardoned almost everyone.

I watched North's testimony before congress and he was masterful. He ran circles around Inoyue and the demtards.

North definitely was not woke and we could use more officers who aren't woke today.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaFan1137
I would too but people piss and moan about Obama sending them cash by the pallet but at least he didn't lie about it.
WRONG..he did lie about it. It was a cask payoff for ransom. Hussein still to this day lies about it. The hostages were not released until the money got to where it was going

Boland was passed to appease the communist Sandinistas not prevent arms to terrorist. The Contras were not terrorists.

Others and North found a novel way around it and was not convicted of anything except building a security fence at his house. That ticky tack conviction was later overturned. I believe Bush pardoned others.

Israel sold the arms to Iran. Rafsanjani was being courted in a misguided belief that he was a moderate set to succeed Kohmieni. Hostage releases were not guaranteed. Money went in a 3rd party bank in Switzerland. Gubment can claim its their money but it was not. If it belonged to a gubmint it was Israels. Israel was gifted replacement weapons. Once you give someone or sell them something it belongs to them.

Most convictions were for obstruction and perjury. Bush was about to be implicated when he pardoned almost everyone.

I watched North's testimony before congress and he was masterful. He ran circles around Inoyue and the demtards.

North definitely was not woke and we could use more officers who aren't woke today.
I became a GREAT fan of Oliver North because of this. We have General Secord here in my hometown. He and his wife are good friends of mine. He was Ollies boss. ANOTHER very interesting story. I was sitting in our Yacht Club one day having cocktails, and looked over and saw General Secord. The bar manager was chatting with us when I saw him...and she asked if I wanted to meet him. I was like..HELL YES I would...but I really do not want to bother him. She went over and got he and his wife...and I stood up and shook his hand and told him I thanked him for all that he has done for our Country, and that he was a hero of mine for what he did for Reagan. I introduce him to our table, and when I introduced him to my best bud...he stopped me and asked..is your Dad Bill B*****? My friend said..yes he is. General Secord looked at me and said "Son, I am no hero...but his Dad sure is. I used to fly for him when I was a Major...and HE is a REAL hero. I am no hero like his Dad". Pretty cool to be a part of that exchange. My best friends Dad was a fighter pilot from WWII to Vietnam. Wing commander at 3-4 bases. The stories I got to hear from him during his life I could write a book about, and it would be a best seller!

WRONG..he did lie about it. It was a cask payoff for ransom. Hussein still to this day lies about it. The hostages were not released until the money got to where it was going
You want to fetch me the press release where he said we don't negotiate with terrorists and then negotiated with terrorists?

If I recall correctly he send the money off and we found out about it afterwards.

First off, scale matters.

Second, American interests were at least the intent of Iran-Contra. We gained nothing, and lost much, with Obama's money planes. (Well, we bought what...4 hostages back??? We paid ransome ffs).

Third, what Obama did went against the rulings of the court. That money wasn't Iran's. It was earmarked for Iran over canceled military contracts prior to the 1979 Iranian Revolution. However, the courts ruled that this money was meant to go to victims of Iranian terrorism before any of it was paid back to Iran.

Finally, $1.3bn of the $1.7bn was paid out twice by American coffers. Some of it went to American Companies whose contracts were canceled due to the embargo.

So Obama's deal ended our tab with Iran which cost us $3bn. Money that Iran then used to fund its proxy terrorism wars, mainly in Syria and Lebanon.

Compared to the scale of Iran-Contra, mountain vs molehill.

You want to fetch me the press release where he said we don't negotiate with terrorists and then negotiated with terrorists?

If I recall correctly he send the money off and we found out about it afterwards.

I guees you are confusing me. You worried about Reagan giving arms to Iran...yet Hussein gave BILLIONS of CASH to Iran, that they funded terrorism around the world with?? Color me VERY confused.

I guees you are confusing me. You worried about Reagan giving arms to Iran...yet Hussein gave BILLIONS of CASH to Iran, that they funded terrorism around the world with?? Color me VERY confused.
I am not confusing you you're confusing yourself.

Reagan lied about arming the Contrast and Iran.

Obama didn't care who knew.

I am not confusing you you're confusing yourself.

Reagan lied about arming the Contrast and Iran.

Obama didn't care who knew.
I will drop this , because you seem NOT to ant to answer me. How was it bad that Reagan gave arms to Iran, yet when Hussein gave Billions in CASH to Iran, and we KNOW they used that money supporting terror around the world...that is NOT bad? I apologize if I am not communicating this well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT