ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Johnson

Your "my way or the highway" mentality is doomed to failure. You can't force your morality or beliefs on the majority (is that what Jesus teaches?). Look around the world and tell me where you see that approach has succeeded in a democracy or a republic. Almost all of them are farther to the left than the US is.

Is your plan to become the American Taliban?
Yeah. Im pretty sure Jesus would be working against killing babies in the womb and gender reassignment.

this is much more my speed of a conservative, not the religious idiots that you people vote for.

He is turning out to be a guy that is willing to work with both sides. Which means that the hardcore Rs will want him gone.
he is a hand puppet of trump. trump wants to front end load all the spending on ukraine and israel as possible so he can pretend to be against it if he wins.

he is a hand puppet of trump. trump wants to front end load all the spending on ukraine and israel as possible so he can pretend to be against it if he wins.
Or because his daughter, SIL, and his three grandchildren are Jewish and he understands what’s at stake for Jews?

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Or because his daughter, SIL, and his three grandchildren are Jewish and he understands what’s at stake for Jews?
No, but trumps basically Jewish too so you have something going for you! He works for Trump.

I am certainly not a fan of Johnson either but this is one where on the surface you should know it's likely not true. Or at a minimum there is a lot more to it

The Internet will ultimately kill us all. Unless AI beats it too the punch.
What’s not true?

I am certainly not a fan of Johnson either but this is one where on the surface you should know it's likely not true. Or at a minimum there is a lot more to it

The Internet will ultimately kill us all. Unless AI beats it too the punch.
Of course that stuff isn't true. You can make a case that every single American is "paid off", because we get money from somewhere.

Of course that stuff isn't true. You can make a case that every single American is "paid off", because we get money from somewhere.
Just because you get a donation does not mean one is "paid off". I happen to like Mike Johnson on many topics and his approach. Is he perfect? No. But this continued internecine fighting on the R side, is helping no one - and Trump saw it quickly to his credit here.

On Ukraine, we need to get to a strategy of figuring out of giving Putin a win, breaking off four of the east regions that have a very complicated history (even Ben Shapiro had this in an excellent piece on the history of Ukraine) and then wrap up this war. Do you admit the rump state into Nato? perhaps. We are essentially treating them that way. Give Russia those war devastated areas. They will not be rebuilt in many of our lifetimes.

I like Mike far more than Kevin M. Mike is a guy I would have been friends with at Sewanee even if our religious backgrounds are quite different (Episcopalian versus Baptist, I believe).

• Haha
Just because you get a donation does not mean one is "paid off". I happen to like Mike Johnson on many topics and his approach. Is he perfect? No. But this continued internecine fighting on the R side, is helping no one - and Trump saw it quickly to his credit here.

On Ukraine, we need to get to a strategy of figuring out of giving Putin a win, breaking off four of the east regions that have a very complicated history (even Ben Shapiro had this in an excellent piece on the history of Ukraine) and then wrap up this war. Do you admit the rump state into Nato? perhaps. We are essentially treating them that way. Give Russia those war devastated areas. They will not be rebuilt in many of our lifetimes.

I like Mike far more than Kevin M. Mike is a guy I would have been friends with at Sewanee even if our religious backgrounds are quite different (Episcopalian versus Baptist, I believe).
That is what most people think. Donation equals paid off. I agree that is inaccurate and a stupid way of thinking BUT it's what most people think.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT