ADVERTISEMENT

Was Jesus Christ woke?

You might think you're fooling people with thoughtful skill,
I thank you for the compliment, left handed though it might be.

but standing in judgment before the Almighty God, you'll have no excuse. You WILL be exposed. That alone should make your knees buckle.
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 14:11-12

That's what you're referencing.

Some people use this as a threat and a hammer.

But that's not what it says, does it.

As a layperson and unbeliever, and that's important if you're actually spreading the gospel as opposed to merely being self righteous, I believe it means I and every other person on this earth has been offered the gift of salvation and that God gives you the free will to reject Him AND HOWEVER LONG YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT GIFT. I further believe He believes in humanity and that He has faith in his creations to eventually choose correctly. I can't imagine Jesus would want someone to come to Him anyway but freely. But you have to justify that decision regardless of what it is.

I thank you for the compliment, left handed though it might be.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Romans 14:11-12

That's what you're referencing.

Some people use this as a threat and a hammer.

But that's not what it says, does it.

As a layperson and unbeliever, and that's important if you're actually spreading the gospel as opposed to merely being self righteous, I believe it means I and every other person on this earth has been offered the gift of salvation and that God gives you the free will to reject Him AND HOWEVER LONG YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT GIFT. I further believe He believes in humanity and that He has faith in his creations to eventually choose correctly. I can't imagine Jesus would want someone to come to Him anyway but freely. But you have to justify that decision regardless of what it is.
I enjoy conversing with you. However, you've made my point in that you have now made God to fit your own interpretive imagination. It takes more than quoting a scripture verse out of context and whitewashing the argument with it to see the whole picture. It's rather disturbing that folks will play around with such an important topic as this. And yes, God is patient and loving and merciful. But He is also a just judge. One should ask themselves why God would allow His Son to go to the cross? It's more than just remission of sins. It's intimacy. It's knowing God and He knowing you. It's a love relationship. It's taken many years for me to see this for what it is. We've gotten complacent with our lives and have taken a roll of interpretation of scripture that best fits our lifestyle and living in that belief. However, that is not an excuse, because God sees beyond the facade. The road to hell is broad and the road to salvation heaven is narrow for a reason. So many believe they are on that narrow road when in fact they are not. And for you, accepting the unbeliever's role is a dumb one, if I might be so bold. I assume you've have had time to come up with this decision. Why do you disbelieve? My answer that keeps you there is that you are closed off, for some reason, to the grace God is willing to give you to believe. Somehow you are sabotaging your own belief system. If I were a betting man, I'd say it starts with pride. But the bottom line, there is no other religion that proclaims to have their god die and come back to life 3 days later. None. That's a wild story Christianity rests upon, but historical proof of His resurrection is out there. Amazingly, many have tried to refute the existence of Jesus but to no avail. Just a lot of bloviating. For the life of me I find it hard to imagine a life without Jesus in it.

Reactions: RussellCasse
I enjoy conversing with you. However, you've made my point in that you have now made God to fit your own interpretive imagination. It takes more than quoting a scripture verse out of context and whitewashing the argument with it to see the whole picture. It's rather disturbing that folks will play around with such an important topic as this. And yes, God is patient and loving and merciful. But He is also a just judge. One should ask themselves why God would allow His Son to go to the cross? It's more than just remission of sins. It's intimacy. It's knowing God and He knowing you. It's a love relationship. It's taken many years for me to see this for what it is. We've gotten complacent with our lives and have taken a roll of interpretation of scripture that best fits our lifestyle and living in that belief. However, that is not an excuse, because God sees beyond the facade. The road to hell is broad and the road to salvation heaven is narrow for a reason. So many believe they are on that narrow road when in fact they are not. And for you, accepting the unbeliever's role is a dumb one, if I might be so bold. I assume you've have had time to come up with this decision. Why do you disbelieve? My answer that keeps you there is that you are closed off, for some reason, to the grace God is willing to give you to believe. Somehow you are sabotaging your own belief system. If I were a betting man, I'd say it starts with pride. But the bottom line, there is no other religion that proclaims to have their god die and come back to life 3 days later. None. That's a wild story Christianity rests upon, but historical proof of His resurrection is out there. Amazingly, many have tried to refute the existence of Jesus but to no avail. Just a lot of bloviating. For the life of me I find it hard to imagine a life without Jesus in it.
perhaps. I still feel bludgeoning someone over the head with a message of unconditional love and ultimate sacrifice is counter-intuitive.

that's ridiculous and you know gtfo with bs.

I can't even with you jfegly that is the most strawman laden bullshit I ever seen.

I never said this country wasn't founded on Judeo Christian ideals.

It's not a Christian country.

Equating abortion with paedophilia is exactly this particular topic should be between the doctor and the egg and sperm donor involved. Not you, not Jesus, not the government.

How bout you get your house clean before you inspect mine. Last I time I checked you can't get Christians to follow their religion.

At least the Muslims are all on the same screwed up page.

At the end of the day, roe versus wade being overturned was the correct decision but banning abortion because of your moral compass which is based on your religious beliefs is exactly the point that you are crawfishing on.

I don't know how many times I have to say this your religion applies to you not me.

If abortion is against your religion then don't have one.

I don't believe all life is sacred or valuable. I believe you are worth whatever you've accomplished and what you contribute.

This is the most ridiculous response I have seen. Utter nonsense. And at least have the balls to not hide from your previous username. I don’t care if you believe life is sacred or not. Our Founders did, and that’s what matters.

When folks resort to saying something is straw man, it usually means they have no way of coming up with a logical counterpoint. Which, you didn’t…imagine that.

I don’t care if you’re religious or not either, our founders believed the Bible and teachings of Christ were important enough to encourage the reading of the Bible in school.

If it truly was separation of church and state, as you believe, then they certainly would have taken action to remove Gods word from schools. They didn’t, and that’s the point. The left, and yourself apparently, have expanded the founders intent of separation of church and state. Not surprised though, as moderates (cough cough, independents) aren’t far from leftists.

As far as cleaning house, I will be able to stand before my creator and say I defended the life he created. The LIFE our founders established as an important RIGHT. One who makes a CHOICE resulting in a LIFE, shouldn’t get ANOTHER CHOICE that results in taking away another’s RIGHT to LIFE.

FWIW, My house is in order, but I can loan you cleaning supplies when you’re ready to do the same.

As far as my religion applying to you, you are missing the point. No one is applying religion to you, but our founders created laws based on morality from God. It is what it is. Sorry that you don’t like that, but it doesn’t change the fact it was used as a guiding principle for morality, and for many of our laws. You liking or disliking religion is irrelevant to that.

And lastly, yes the erosion of morality has indeed lead us down the path to being ok with pedophilia. Gay marriage, abortion, trans rights, etc…all are gateway drugs to that erosion. If that’s a difficult concept for you, then….maybe history would be a great place for you to begin looking. Here is a recent History lesson, but let’s not overlook other nations historical collapses as well.

Last edited:
This is the most ridiculous response I have seen. Utter nonsense. And at least have the balls to not hide from your previous username. I don’t care if you believe life is sacred or not. Our Founders did, and that’s what matters.

When folks resort to saying something is straw man, it usually means they have no way of coming up with a logical counterpoint. Which, you didn’t…imagine that.

I don’t care if you’re religious or not either, our founders believed the Bible and teachings of Christ were important enough to encourage the reading of the Bible in school.

If it truly was separation of church and state, as you believe, then they certainly would have taken action to remove Gods word from schools. They didn’t, and that’s the point. The left, and yourself apparently, have expanded the founders intent of separation of church and state. Not surprised though, as moderates (cough cough, independents) aren’t far from leftists.

As far as cleaning house, I will be able to stand before my creator and say I defended the life he created. The LIFE our founders established as an important RIGHT. One who makes a CHOICE resulting in a LIFE, shouldn’t get ANOTHER CHOICE that results in taking away another’s RIGHT to LIFE.

FWIW, My house is in order, but I can loan you cleaning supplies when you’re ready to do the same.

As far as my religion applying to you, you are missing the point. No one is applying religion to you, but our founders created laws based on morality from God. It is what it is. Sorry that you don’t like that, but it doesn’t change the fact it was used as a guiding principle for morality, and for many of our laws. You liking or disliking religion is irrelevant to that.

And lastly, yes the erosion of morality has indeed lead us down the path to being ok with pedophilia. Gay marriage, abortion, trans rights, etc…all are gateway drugs to that erosion. If that’s a difficult concept for you, then….maybe history would be a great place for you to begin looking. Here is a recent History lesson, but let’s not overlook other nations historical collapses as well.

Reading comprehension is your friend. I went to great lengths to point out that removing the bible from schools, banning prayer at a government meeting, and suing the FCA for meeting on government property were not the intended purpose of the first amendment and most of the founders were in fact devout Christians.

Wrap your head around the fact that if a Muslim implied or straight up told you that you should follow the rules of of their screwed up religion, you would, point of fact, lose your mind and scramble for the very same argument I just laid down.

Morality is a social construct, any number of stupid and in fact evil things have been justified using the Bible, not because the Bible actually says those things, but because people are garbage.

My problem with religious people has always begun and ended with them expecting me to follow the rules of their religion and regardless of what skin I wear, that has always been my position.

Reading comprehension is your friend. I went to great lengths to point out that removing the bible from schools, banning prayer at a government meeting, and suing the FCA for meeting on government property were not the intended purpose of the first amendment and most of the founders were in fact devout Christians.

Wrap your head around the fact that if a Muslim implied or straight up told you that you should follow the rules of of their screwed up religion, you would, point of fact, lose your mind and scramble for the very same argument I just laid down.

Morality is a social construct, any number of stupid and in fact evil things have been justified using the Bible, not because the Bible actually says those things, but because people are garbage.

My problem with religious people has always begun and ended with them expecting me to follow the rules of their religion and regardless of what skin I wear, that has always been my position.
As a devout Christian, I agree here. Abortion is a prime example. Many Christians believe EVERYONE has to believe as they do (ZERO reasons ever for an abortion). I think you will se Trump take a different stance on this. One that allows for rape or incest, and for up to a certain amount of time after being impregnated. I personally would not consider an abortion, but just because I believe that way, I understand non religious people feeling as they do. However TO ME...there is a line that is crossed at a certain time w abortion, then it becomes murder.

As a devout Christian, I agree here. Abortion is a prime example. Many Christians believe EVERYONE has to believe as they do (ZERO reasons ever for an abortion). I think you will se Trump take a different stance on this. One that allows for rape or incest, and for up to a certain amount of time after being impregnated. I personally would not consider an abortion, but just because I believe that way, I understand non religious people feeling as they do. However TO ME...there is a line that is crossed at a certain time w abortion, then it becomes murder.
Ron, *I* don't believe in abortion when the fetus contains my DNA.

Abortion as birth control leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

That's how I think, but not how I vote. Why, because my thoughts on abortion are very much based on my religion, and I'm not a hypocrite.

And another thing @RussellCasse when "the Satanic temple" put their pedo version of Baphomet on government property they did the same exact thing that they accuse Christians of doing, which makes them hypocrites and idiots.

My view on abortion is the person who's body it is should be able to make a choice...unfortunately for the Left, that baby is NOT the woman's body and therefore does not have a right to murder. So, all abortion is murder, in my eyes.

Yes, reading comprehension is my friend. Unfortunately, reading comprehension isn’t yours. This thread has made that quite obvious.

Again, I will make this very simple. Many of our laws are based on Christian morals stemming from the bible. One of them? Thou shall not murder. And, our founders put LIFE at the very top of the list of the tree. Choice, a second one at that, wasn’t one of them when it comes to taking a life.

Not sorry for dunking on you, but the Founders said what they said, and did what they did. Your argument is with them.

Going to tell the board who you are or nah? If you’re scared, say you’re scared. 😉

One more thing that “pro choice” folks never seem to want to answer. Outside of rape…when a woman gets pregnant, did she CHOOSE to have sex? Let’s not act like she wasn’t given a “choice”.

She gets two choices, the unborn LIFE gets none. It’s gross.

Yes, reading comprehension is my friend. Unfortunately, reading comprehension isn’t yours. This thread has made that quite obvious.

Again, I will make this very simple. Many of our laws are based on Christian morals stemming from the bible. One of them? Thou shall not murder. And, our founders put LIFE at the very top of the list of the tree. Choice, a second one at that, wasn’t one of them when it comes to taking a life.

Not sorry for dunking on you, but the Founders said what they said, and did what they did. Your argument is with them.

Going to tell the board who you are or nah? If you’re scared, say you’re scared. 😉

One more thing that “pro choice” folks never seem to want to answer. Outside of rape…when a woman gets pregnant, did she CHOOSE to have sex? Let’s not act like she wasn’t given a “choice”.

She gets two choices, the unborn LIFE gets none. It’s gross.
Everyone knows who I am, it's not like I made any effort to hide it.

If I say who I am instead of broad winks and nods, I get reported and banned which means I have to activate another sock.

Where's the fun in that?

Uhuh. Thanks for confirming you don’t know the meaning of EVERYONE. About that comprehension thingy….

Lol. It’s been fun sir. Good debates. At least you aren’t the censoring type. 😉
Don't get it twisted my friend. Just because I think something you believe is stupid, it absolutely does not follow that I think you are stupid. They are mutually exclusive thoughts.

Fishers of men, not givers of fish!

@Mt.DoraGator

424757841_10232452826924477_7366308181602225023_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
If you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and pay attention to his actions he was definitely woke. Probably the first woke individual in history . So if you are anti-woke, are you anti-Christ? Call me a snowflake...actually that is a complement. All snowflakes are unique. Call me woke. I do follow the teachings and the examples of Christ. Where does that leave you MAGA cultists? I am not here to judge, that is all up to the Big Guy when you die. Good luck you mindless drones.

I found Dora Dora at the 10 second mark.

Dora Dora thinks God is trans.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII

Jfc you’re insane

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT