ADVERTISEMENT

Was Jesus Christ woke?

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
If you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and pay attention to his actions he was definitely woke. Probably the first woke individual in history . So if you are anti-woke, are you anti-Christ? Call me a snowflake...actually that is a complement. All snowflakes are unique. Call me woke. I do follow the teachings and the examples of Christ. Where does that leave you MAGA cultists? I am not here to judge, that is all up to the Big Guy when you die. Good luck you mindless drones.

If you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and pay attention to his actions he was definitely woke. Probably the first woke individual in history . So if you are anti-woke, are you anti-Christ? Call me a snowflake...actually that is a complement. All snowflakes are unique. Call me woke. I do follow the teachings and the examples of Christ. Where does that leave you MAGA cultists? I am not here to judge, that is all up to the Big Guy when you die. Good luck you mindless drones.
Couldn’t be more off base here.

Just a test for you since you bring Jesus in this. Do you favor abortions? I will check back later.......

(If you want to debate me...first go outside and practice falling down...you will need the experience later)

Just a test for you since you bring Jesus in this. Do you favor abortions? I will check back later.......

(If you want to debate me...first go outside and practice falling down...you will need the experience later)
I favor a woman's right to chose.
So, let me ask you a question. Do you favor the death penalty? The Commandments say thou shalt not kill. How does that square with approval of state sponsored executions? And yes, many, many innocents have been executed in the US.

So, let me ask you a question. Do you favor the death penalty? The Commandments say thou shalt not kill. How does that square with approval of state sponsored executions? And yes, many, many innocents have been executed in the US.
End of using Jesus Christ in posts for you

I am not using Jesus's name to make points.....FAIL.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
John 11:35.

Best tend to that beam, player.

Thou Shalt Not Kill. Pretty plan English right there. Jesus didn't compromise life. A woman DOES NOT have a right to choose. Life begins at conception, not 6 weeks or 12 weeks or after birth. AT CONCEPTION. For you to even suggest a label of Woke with Jesus just goes to show you do NOT know Jesus. Or better yet, does Jesus know you? Oh, by the way, abortion is the death penalty for the baby.

Thou Shalt Not Kill. Pretty plan English right there. Jesus didn't compromise life. A woman DOES NOT have a right to choose. Life begins at conception, not 6 weeks or 12 weeks or after birth. AT CONCEPTION. For you to even suggest a label of Woke with Jesus just goes to show you do NOT know Jesus. Or better yet, does Jesus know you? Oh, by the way, abortion is the death penalty for the baby.
It's thou shalt not murder.

And life beginning at conception is a Christian belief and value. So it applies to both of you, but not everyone.

It indeed is, “You shall not murder.” The Bible Mt. Dora is quoting out of context is the Authorized Version, or “King James”, published in England in 1609. The Revised Standard Version and subsequent translations based on it retained ‘kill’ because of its familiarity to readers. But the force of both the Hebrew and Greek from the Septuagint is unequivocally ‘murder’. The required response to murder in the Deuteronomic text was the death penalty. Clearly the command did not strike the death penalty. A couple of recent translations are the 50-year old New International Version and the English Standard Version. You can find each and others on BibleGateway.com.

And by the way, the large majority of Jesus’ teachings are straight from the Old Testament with his declaration that all of God’s promises including judgment we deserve was found in him, at its highest point in his suffering and death for us and his resurrection by the power of God. This risen Jesus cannot be separated from his teachings nor his teachings from his crucifixion, burial, resurrection and reign through the end of time and forever. To attempt to make him into a teacher who gives life lessons is to misunderstand him altogether.
He taught, “Love your enemies,” which comes directly from the Old Testament.

Thankfully, Jesus declared, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life,” not death. Knowing him is that great invitation into life.

Last edited:
It indeed is, “You shall not murder.” The Bible Mt. Dora is quoting out of context is the Authorized Version, or “King James”, published in England in 1609. The Revised Standard Version and subsequent translations based on it retained ‘kill’ because of its familiarity to readers. But the force of both the Hebrew and Greek from the Septuagint is unequivocally ‘murder’. The required response to murder in the Deuteronomic text was the death penalty. Clearly the command did not strike the death penalty. A couple of recent translations are the 50-year old New International Version and the English Standard Version. You can find each and others on BibleGateway.com.

Thanks Tatton....what your saying about Kill/Murder makes sense......but that's also a pretty bad translation error. There are a lot of types of killing that aren't Murder......soldiers for instance. Self defense, to save another person, etc.

The last sentence I highlighted because it seems a lot of Christians are not practicing that teaching these days.

Thanks Tatton....what your saying about Kill/Murder makes sense......but that's also a pretty bad translation error. There are a lot of types of killing that aren't Murder......soldiers for instance. Self defense, to save another person, etc.

The last sentence I highlighted because it seems a lot of Christians are not practicing that teaching these days.
I’ve had thoughtful Christian friends whose determination is biblically shaped who are pacifists. Others who believe in warfare if its a justifiable defense of others. Or more personally, to defend your family or someone else. If I were a Russian Christian and understood the motives behind the invasion of Ukraine I could not take part and would pay the price of resistance I am a supporter of a total pro-life Christian fellowship that supports and provides for moms and lobbies against euthanasia.

I agree with you, too, that many evangelical and liberal Christians have confused their political and social justice aims with yielding to God so that they justify hatred of others rather than loving one another or loving their enemies. But that certainly is not true across the board.the most profoundly effective work on behalf of poor people and the homeless is being done by Christian ministries which get virtually no notice by the media or the politically driven Democrats and Republicans.

It's thou shalt not murder.

And life beginning at conception is a Christian belief and value. So it applies to both of you, but not everyone.
No stupid, it is thou shalt not kill.
Do you remember Christ saying conception begins life? If not, that is not a belief of Christ, that is a belief of the drones in your hive. Most physicians have always agreed that life begins when a fetus can survive outside the womb.

• Haha
I’ve had thoughtful Christian friends whose determination is biblically shaped who are pacifists. Others who believe in warfare if its a justifiable defense of others. Or more personally, to defend your family or someone else. If I were a Russian Christian and understood the motives behind the invasion of Ukraine I could not take part and would pay the price of resistance I am a supporter of a total pro-life Christian fellowship that supports and provides for moms and lobbies against euthanasia.

I agree with you, too, that many evangelical and liberal Christians have confused their political and social justice aims with yielding to God so that they justify hatred of others rather than loving one another or loving their enemies. But that certainly is not true across the board.the most profoundly effective work on behalf of poor people and the homeless is being done by Christian ministries which get virtually no notice by the media or the politically driven Democrats and Republicans.
I love reading what you write. So much to take in.

You guys don't want to discuss Christ's actual teachings and life because it shows you are not truly Christ's followers. Christ was an immigrant (remember his time in Egypt), Christ gathered with prostitutes, beggars, liars, tax collectors, the very poor. I am sure he would be inclusive with LGBQT, etc. Your hive wants to cut food stamps, deny healthcare to the poor and make rich people richer, how Christian.

No stupid, it is thou shalt not kill.
Do you remember Christ saying conception begins life? If not, that is not a belief of Christ, that is a belief of the drones in your hive. Most physicians have always agreed that life begins when a fetus can survive outside the womb.
LOL You speak Aramaic, do you?

How many times in the Bible did God command the Israelites to kill individuals or groups? How many crimes are punishable by death in the OT?

Killing is not always murder, see war and criminal justice.

Also, not a Christian. Not only do I think not all human life is valuable, I don't think some people deserve forgiveness, or redemption.

I am not here to judge, that is all up to the Big Guy when you die. Good luck you mindless drones.

I am not a fan of Maga at all, but aren't you contradicting yourself in this line?
I have to agree 100% and was going to post the same until I saw that you did.
I am a born-again Christian, so I have seen both sides of life. I came to Christ in my early 40's, 20 plus years ago.

It has always been debated whether or not Christ was liberal or conservative. My stance has always been "he was a moderate". He had very conservative views on marriage, abortion, same sex relationships, etc. Even His two greatest commandments were moderate - Love God with all your heart, mind and soul. Love your neighbor as yourself.

The first is very conservative.
The second is very liberal.
Jesus walked a fine line loving all he encountered. He even forgave those who crucified Him.

All this said - Jesus was not political one bit. We could learn a lot from His teachings. The sentence highlighted above in red is the furthest thing from loving thy neighbor as thy self. Perhaps Mt. Dora should go back to the drawing board before posting political/Religious threads.

However, Jesus may have been tempted to call the Pharisees and Sadducees mindless drones, he never quite went that far - and neither should we.

Reactions: gatordad3

And by the way, the large majority of Jesus’ teachings are straight from the Old Testament with his declaration that all of God’s promises including judgment we deserve was found in him, at its highest point in his suffering and death for us and his resurrection by the power of God. This risen Jesus cannot be separated from his teachings nor his teachings from his crucifixion, burial, resurrection and reign through the end of time and forever. To attempt to make him into a teacher who gives life lessons is to misunderstand him altogether.

Thankfully, Jesus declared, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life,” not death. Knowing him is that great invitation into life.
I disagree. While Christ's teachings about God were "Old Testament" derived about prophecy etc, but he OT encouraged "an eye for an eye" while Christ taught us to "turn the other cheek". Please reconcile this for me.
And you don't think Christ was here to teach us life lessons?

John 14:6

New International Version
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Sounds like a life lesson to me.​

• Haha
You guys don't want to discuss Christ's actual teachings and life because it shows you are not truly Christ's followers. Christ was an immigrant (remember his time in Egypt), Christ gathered with prostitutes, beggars, liars, tax collectors, the very poor. I am sure he would be inclusive with LGBQT, etc. Your hive wants to cut food stamps, deny healthcare to the poor and make rich people richer, how Christian.
For someone who claims to not be judging people, there is a whole lot of judgement in this post. Might want to re-analyze your basic Christian values before plugging away at the keyboard more.
Yes, you are right - he socialized with them. Church/Christianity is for sick people, sinners, who want salvation. Jesus preached this for us to learn and abide by. It does not mean he believed in gay marriage or trans stuff. It means he loved them just like he loved everyone else. Big difference between loving someone and approving of them.
You started this to get your point across and are just digging your own hole to lay in. The hole gets deeper every time you post.

See bolded red above - as a conservative Christian I have zero issues with giving healthcare to the poor. I draw the line at providing it for illegal immigrants though. I pay approx. $1,990 per month in healthcare premiums:
- $650 for my Medicare, due to my income.
- $675 for my wife on the "affordable care act" and
- $660 for my ex-wife, who shows ZERO income because I pay her bills. Zero income is poor, but in order to get subsidies to reduce your premium you have to show approx. $11,000 per year in income. So, if you make zero - $10,000 you pay full price.
And the new direction for the WOKE crowd is to give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.
GO WOKE AND GO BROKE!!!!!
Just an FYI, I'm checking out now and have zero desire to argue with you which is what you are looking for - good luck finding it.

I disagree. While Christ's teachings about God were "Old Testament" derived about prophecy etc, but he OT encouraged "an eye for an eye" while Christ taught us to "turn the other cheek". Please reconcile this for me.
And you don't think Christ was here to teach us life lessons?

John 14:6​

New International Version​

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."​

Sounds like a life lesson to me.​

He calls those who trust in him to become like him. At the outset of the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5 it is made clear he was teaching his disciples, many more than the designated twelve, but those who had chosen to adhere their lives to him. It is similar in the “Sermon on the Plain” in Luke 6. “Turning the other cheek” is about responding to derision and insult. A first century insult delivered by a head-turning slap across a cheek invites either 1) more abuse or 2) retaliation. Jesus says, “Turn the other cheek,” which means standing with your face directly in front of the attacker. We could get into a lengthy conversation about the Sermon of the Mount though this does not seem to be the best place to do so.

As for life beginning at conception, the arguments against you cite are historically recent. It’s not a religious myth that Luke the physician, relying on accounts by Mary and others (Elizabeth?) to him asserts pointedly that Jesus’ real human Incarnation in her womb began at conception.

The pagan society of Palestine and Rome in those times were commonly marked by placing unwanted newborns outside the towns’ or cities’ gates with the garbage. Either exposure or wild animals would kill the newborn infants. The very Early Church because of Jesus’ conception was radically pro-life. Christians would collect the discarded newborns, bringing them into their homes for safety. It was the beginning of orphanages. It was a strong witness to their neighbors and culture and empowered women who grieved at the disposal of their newborns by the dominating males who were tossing them out.

I do not find any evidence that Jesus was politically driven. Neither a liberal nor a conservative as our media and politics define us. Nor a moderate. His beginning words are, “Repent, and believe the joyous news! The reign of God is at hand!” His kingdom or reign is over and above all politics and earthly kingdoms, empires or powers. The Old Testament is unified in pointing to his Messianic reign while the New Testament aims to tell us exactly who he is, that he is altogether knowable and that those who receive him are sojourners whose real citizenship is in heaven.

Sorry we can’t meet somewhere over coffee and talk. You’re thoughtful and would be an engaging thinker as a friend.

Reactions: jmlabree
See bolded red above - as a conservative Christian I have zero issues with giving healthcare to the poor. I draw the line at providing it for illegal immigrants though. I pay approx. $1,990 per month in healthcare premiums:
- $650 for my Medicare, due to my income.
- $675 for my wife on the "affordable care act" and
- $660 for my ex-wife, who shows ZERO income because I pay her bills. Zero income is poor, but in order to get subsidies to reduce your premium you have to show approx. $11,000 per year in income. So, if you make zero - $10,000 you pay full price.
And the new direction for the WOKE crowd is to give free healthcare to illegal immigrants.
GO WOKE AND GO BROKE!!!!!
Just an FYI, I'm checking out now and have zero desire to argue with you which is what you are looking for - good luck finding it.
As a Christian I am a big fan of legal immigration. In other nations suffering is immense and I understand the need to welcome people in need of asylum. It is in a sense a gathering of the nations at our doorsteps. A way in a sense to speed the fulfillment of Jesus’ “Great Commission”. Suffering has spurred immense, explosive growth of Christian conversions in other nations. By 2050 two of every three Christians in the world will live in countries Westerners regarded as “the mission field”. Not any more. Leadership is shifting to the Global South, especially sub-Sahara Africa, and Asia. Langham Partnership USA tracks these movements and connects Christian leaders from these emerging countries.

Unregulated immigration is a different matter as we lack the infrastructure to care for or give opportunities to the estimated 6 to 7 million border crossers since January 2021. The overwhelming majority are now healthy single young men from nations led by regimes and movements hostile to the US. Our political leaders charged with regulating passage into the United States have looked the other way. It is willful blindness tied to political and personal aims. Are they benefitting from the international cartel or the PRC? Those leaders have set us up for the kind of weaponized attacks on our country unlike any ever imagined. Our U.S. government now is the leading human trafficking organization in the world. Weapons, illicit drugs, cartel gangs and prostitution, children stolen from parents, all are in this unprecedented invasion. It is frightening.

I think you are a nut job.

As a Christian I am a big fan of legal immigration. In other nations suffering is immense and I understand the need to welcome people in need of asylum. It is in a sense a gathering of the nations at our doorsteps. A way in a sense to speed the fulfillment of Jesus’ “Great Commission”. Suffering has spurred immense, explosive growth of Christian conversions in other nations. By 2050 two of every three Christians in the world will live in countries Westerners regarded as “the mission field”. Not any more. Leadership is shifting to the Global South, especially sub-Sahara Africa, and Asia. Langham Partnership USA tracks these movements and connects Christian leaders from these emerging countries.

Unregulated immigration is a different matter as we lack the infrastructure to care for or give opportunities to the estimated 6 to 7 million border crossers since January 2021. The overwhelming majority are now healthy single young men from nations led by regimes and movements hostile to the US. Our political leaders charged with regulating passage into the United States have looked the other way. It is willful blindness tied to political and personal aims. Are they benefitting from the international cartel or the PRC? Those leaders have set us up for the kind of weaponized attacks on our country unlike any ever imagined. Our U.S. government now is the leading human trafficking organization in the world. Weapons, illicit drugs, cartel gangs and prostitution, children stolen from parents, all are in this unprecedented invasion. It is frightening.
I agree 100%. My wife came here from Cuba, legally, 9 years ago. We met on a missions trip I took there in 2004. Periodically, we gather at the Tampa or Miami airport to welcome friends or family coming from Cuba for the very first time. It is an amazing experience to say the least.

I agree 100%. My wife came here from Cuba, legally, 9 years ago. We met on a missions trip I took there in 2004. Periodically, we gather at the Tampa or Miami airport to welcome friends or family coming from Cuba for the very first time. It is an amazing experience to say the least.
I really do not know ANYONE that is against immigration. Immigration has NEVER been the issue. However libs are so disingenuous that they always use plays on words that do not properly address the issues. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A HUGE problem. So is not following the Constitution of the United States of America.

I really do not know ANYONE that is against immigration. Immigration has NEVER been the issue. However libs are so disingenuous that they always use plays on words that do not properly address the issues. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS A HUGE problem. So is not following the Constitution of the United States of America.
It's not illegal immigration and they arent undocumented.

It's an invasion and they are criminals.

Immigration by freedom loving people who wanted to embrace our founding fathers dream of a better life has always and will always make this country great. I Refugees, Ingrates looking for a handout, and cowards who can't be bothered to fight for their own countries are not immigrants.

He calls those who trust in him to become like him. At the outset of the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5 it is made clear he was teaching his disciples, many more than the designated twelve, but those who had chosen to adhere their lives to him. It is similar in the “Sermon on the Plain” in Luke 6. “Turning the other cheek” is about responding to derision and insult. A first century insult delivered by a head-turning slap across a cheek invites either 1) more abuse or 2) retaliation. Jesus says, “Turn the other cheek,” which means standing with your face directly in front of the attacker. We could get into a lengthy conversation about the Sermon of the Mount though this does not seem to be the best place to do so.

As for life beginning at conception, the arguments against you cite are historically recent. It’s not a religious myth that Luke the physician, relying on accounts by Mary and others (Elizabeth?) to him asserts pointedly that Jesus’ real human Incarnation in her womb began at conception.

The pagan society of Palestine and Rome in those times were commonly marked by placing unwanted newborns outside the towns’ or cities’ gates with the garbage. Either exposure or wild animals would kill the newborn infants. The very Early Church because of Jesus’ conception was radically pro-life. Christians would collect the discarded newborns, bringing them into their homes for safety. It was the beginning of orphanages. It was a strong witness to their neighbors and culture and empowered women who grieved at the disposal of their newborns by the dominating males who were tossing them out.

I do not find any evidence that Jesus was politically driven. Neither a liberal nor a conservative as our media and politics define us. Nor a moderate. His beginning words are, “Repent, and believe the joyous news! The reign of God is at hand!” His kingdom or reign is over and above all politics and earthly kingdoms, empires or powers. The Old Testament is unified in pointing to his Messianic reign while the New Testament aims to tell us exactly who he is, that he is altogether knowable and that those who receive him are sojourners whose real citizenship is in heaven.

Sorry we can’t meet somewhere over coffee and talk. You’re thoughtful and would be an engaging thinker as a friend.
Actually I would enjoy talking with you as a friend. I had many pastors as patients when I was practicing and I would usually ask them if they were an "Old Testament" guy or a "New Testament" guy. Most would say both. I was raised Catholic which pretty much sticks to the New Testament in it's teachings. When a pastor would tell me both, I would ask them how to reconcile the God of fire and brimstone with the Jesus of tolerance and forgiveness. None could give me a good answer.
So it made me wonder, did the interpreters of the Old Testament get it wrong about a vengeful God and is that why Jesus became man, to set the record straight on how we treat not only our neighbors but also our enemies. Peace be with you.

Rainbow Dildo Butt Monkey is woke too, congrats.

• Haha
Actually I would enjoy talking with you as a friend. I had many pastors as patients when I was practicing and I would usually ask them if they were an "Old Testament" guy or a "New Testament" guy. Most would say both. I was raised Catholic which pretty much sticks to the New Testament in it's teachings. When a pastor would tell me both, I would ask them how to reconcile the God of fire and brimstone with the Jesus of tolerance and forgiveness. None could give me a good answer.
So it made me wonder, did the interpreters of the Old Testament get it wrong about a vengeful God and is that why Jesus became man, to set the record straight on how we treat not only our neighbors but also our enemies. Peace be with you.
Ah, thanks for giving me your background. I have a lengthy theological background and biblical studies out to a doctorate. So a lot of education. My regret in our country is how poorly equipped both Protestant and Catholic, denominational and independents alike are under- or poorly educated. That weakness has produced multiple generations of earnest Christians who are gullible targets of persuaders with all sorts of aims. Usually self-serving. On the conservative side it is being lockstep with the GOP, right now essentially under adherence to only one man. On the liberal side the Christians involved seem to me less zealous politically in terms of their faith but just as captive to the Democrats. Both parties aim to keep adherents defining the other side as “enemies”.

To learn to think biblically requires a lot of work, but it’s essential for developing a distinctively “Christian world and life view” which transcends being a Republican, a Democrat, a socialist or a capitalist.

In our connection to the Global Church the biggest and most rapidly growing threat is the American “health and wealth gospel” with its empty promises. Joel Osteen js perhaps its most famous personality. It is bankrupting impoverished people in what we’ve called Third World countries. In those regions Christian conversions are outpacing birth rates. But wholistic biblical teaching is hardly available whether Protestant, Pentecostal, Catholic, Orthodox or Copt.

So our organization entirely focuses on enabling aspiring Christian scholars in those countries to be educated to Ph.Ds in Old and New Testament studies, biblical theology and so forth. We serve without distinction these emerging scholars whatever kind of church they know. They wind up teaching. Then we publish their books using printing firms in their countries. And we run training programs for clergy because only about 6% have any formal education. For instance, we’re bringing out the second edition of our Africa Bible Commentary, all 70-80 scholars African from evrrywhere. It was the first commentary on the Bible by African scholars in the history of the continent.

I’m a supporter, not on staff. My point in this is that they have on the whole a very distinctive and different Christian prospective than you find among many, many Christians in the USA. We have support centers on every continent. Each year a bunch of us meet in a four-day conference to listen to them and worship together. They teach us! We were in Scottsdale last spring and at Amelia Island this year.

As for Old and New Testament differences, it has to do with fulfillment. Over and over tge writers talk about Jesus’ actions, teachings and suffering “in order to fulfill what the Scriptures said…” it means literally that Jesus filled to the full measure the Old Testament promises.

Jesus talked far more about the realities of hell than heaven, quoting the OT, warning people that every life has ending consequences. The OT and NT are not in conflict. But Jesus perfectly fulfills obedience to God that Israel in the OT, and each one of us, failed or now fail to do. That’s why both Isaiah and the apostles John, Paul and Peter declare that our “sin” and its consequences were laid on him. He died for me! You’ve got to understand the OT through its New Testament lens. But you it’s vital to embrace both.

I hope that helps. PM me if you wish. Tell me what you think.

With every good wish!

Ah, thanks for giving me your background. I have a lengthy theological background and biblical studies out to a doctorate. So a lot of education. My regret in our country is how poorly equipped both Protestant and Catholic, denominational and independents alike are under- or poorly educated. That weakness has produced multiple generations of earnest Christians who are gullible targets of persuaders with all sorts of aims. Usually self-serving. On the conservative side it is being lockstep with the GOP, right now essentially under adherence to only one man. On the liberal side the Christians involved seem to me less zealous politically in terms of their faith but just as captive to the Democrats. Both parties aim to keep adherents defining the other side as “enemies”.

To learn to think biblically requires a lot of work, but it’s essential for developing a distinctively “Christian world and life view” which transcends being a Republican, a Democrat, a socialist or a capitalist.

In our connection to the Global Church the biggest and most rapidly growing threat is the American “health and wealth gospel” with its empty promises. Joel Osteen js perhaps its most famous personality. It is bankrupting impoverished people in what we’ve called Third World countries. In those regions Christian conversions are outpacing birth rates. But wholistic biblical teaching is hardly available whether Protestant, Pentecostal, Catholic, Orthodox or Copt.

So our organization entirely focuses on enabling aspiring Christian scholars in those countries to be educated to Ph.Ds in Old and New Testament studies, biblical theology and so forth. We serve without distinction these emerging scholars whatever kind of church they know. They wind up teaching. Then we publish their books using printing firms in their countries. And we run training programs for clergy because only about 6% have any formal education. For instance, we’re bringing out the second edition of our Africa Bible Commentary, all 70-80 scholars African from evrrywhere. It was the first commentary on the Bible by African scholars in the history of the continent.

I’m a supporter, not on staff. My point in this is that they have on the whole a very distinctive and different Christian prospective than you find among many, many Christians in the USA. We have support centers on every continent. Each year a bunch of us meet in a four-day conference to listen to them and worship together. They teach us! We were in Scottsdale last spring and at Amelia Island this year.

As for Old and New Testament differences, it has to do with fulfillment. Over and over tge writers talk about Jesus’ actions, teachings and suffering “in order to fulfill what the Scriptures said…” it means literally that Jesus filled to the full measure the Old Testament promises.

Jesus talked far more about the realities of hell than heaven, quoting the OT, warning people that every life has ending consequences. The OT and NT are not in conflict. But Jesus perfectly fulfills obedience to God that Israel in the OT, and each one of us, failed or now fail to do. That’s why both Isaiah and the apostles John, Paul and Peter declare that our “sin” and its consequences were laid on him. He died for me! You’ve got to understand the OT through its New Testament lens. But you it’s vital to embrace both.

I hope that helps. PM me if you wish. Tell me what you think.

With every good wish!
Some good stuff in this post. The highlighted part especially stands out for me.

You touched on it some here, but could you expand on your opinion regarding separation of church and state.

Very thoughtful and reasoned response. You certainly have a great perspective. I have never messaged anyone privately on this site, sorry to say I don't know the process, so if you can PM me that would be great.

Very thoughtful and reasoned response. You certainly have a great perspective. I have never messaged anyone privately on this site, sorry to say I don't know the process, so if you can PM me that would be great.
In the upper right corner of the main page you’ll see a square with a down arrow, tap on that. A box will open up, at the bottom it says “start a new conversation”, tap on that.
The DM page opens up, under recipients type in his screen name. Under that type in the title of the conversation, then go the main body and write your words just like starting a thread.

My good deed for the day.

Reactions: Tatton
End of using Jesus Christ in posts for you
HMMM... What a conundrum.
What if by allowing the woman to choose, she kills a baby girl, who by that standard also has a right to choose, BUT FOR someone taking that right away by killing her.

Bring Jesus's name in the Government killing a criminal but ok with a woman killing a baby. HMMM ...

so in other words you feel a woman should have the right to KILL her unborn child who has done nothing to deserve being killed, but if a person supports the death penalty for heinous acts of violence then somehow there is a moral equivalent. It is obvious to me by all your posts little golden hurricane that your only aim for even being on this forum is to try and incite and insult. Obviously you know zilch about Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT