ADVERTISEMENT

Was Jesus Christ woke?

You call yourself a follower of Christ's teachings, but in this thread alone you have:
Called someone an idiot, a jerk and mindless drones.
You also consistently bear false witness not only this thread but others. Here is one example:
"Your hive wants to cut food stamps, deny healthcare to the poor and make rich people richer, how Christian."

You may say you are a follower of Christ's teachings, but you surely do not exhibit those traits.
I don't disagree with you, but just wondering......are you a supporter of Trump?

I don't disagree with you, but just wondering......are you a supporter of Trump?
I will vote for him again if he is the nominee. His policies that were in place for the economy, border security and foreign relations were clearly better than where we are now. I like how he does not cow tow to the liberal media and fights back, and our enemies feared him. I do wish he would tone it down and act more Presidential. Does that make me a supporter? So, yes. Sorry for the long answer. Like to be clear on my position and stance.

Last edited:
I will vote for him again if he is the nominee. His policies that were in place for the economy, border security and foreign relations were clearly better than where we are now. I like how he does not cow tow to the liberal media and fights back, and our enemies feared him. I do wish he would tone it down and act more Presidential. Does that make me a supporter? So, yes. Sorry for the long answer. Like to be clear on my position and stance.
It's time for RINOS and Democrat commies to take the knee. Our country is in deep peril, and the Deep State and globalists are hoping for us to become a 3rd world country. It's a no brainer, Trump 2024!
giphy.gif

Reactions: RussellCasse
Thanks for the answer and let me ask you a follow up. And this is just for my own understanding. I have come to understand why Christians would support Trump over Biden or any of the democrats for that matter. The overall platform is more in line with their beliefs and its enough to overcome Trump's behavioral issues. But what I really struggle with is why Christians would support Trump over other republicans.....especially in light of a CNN poll that was released yesterday showing Nikki Haley would likely easily defeat Joe Biden. My personal opinion is that DeSantis or Haley would both have had a good chance of beating Biden. He is a very weak candidate at this point. Anyway....just looking for different opinions on this to help me understand.

Thanks for the answer and let me ask you a follow up. And this is just for my own understanding. I have come to understand why Christians would support Trump over Biden or any of the democrats for that matter. The overall platform is more in line with their beliefs and its enough to overcome Trump's behavioral issues. But what I really struggle with is why Christians would support Trump over other republicans.....especially in light of a CNN poll that was released yesterday showing Nikki Haley would likely easily defeat Joe Biden. My personal opinion is that DeSantis or Haley would both have had a good chance of beating Biden. He is a very weak candidate at this point. Anyway....just looking for different opinions on this to help me understand.
Aha. That's why my opening statement was I would vote for him if he was the nominee. I will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is because the democrats are so repugnant with their race baiting, class warfare, horrible economic policies, lack of security domestically and internationally, allowing certain classes of people to attack and disparage others incessantly. Etc, etc, etc.

Pretty simple. Haley isn’t on the right. And CNN fake polls are dumb.

Sometimes you got to break out the whips and overturn some tables.

Jesus didn’t come to save the righteous.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
Maybe for you. half a baby ain't a baby.

Regardless, I'm more than tired of people foisting their religions bs on me. If abortion is against your religion, don't get one. If it's not your baby it's none if your damn business.

Y'all are awful concerned about unborn children, how many children have you adopted?

Well, there are more people waiting to adopt than abortions. But hey, if you want a woman to have two choices, and step on the Declaration of Independence right to life…then it is what it is.

As far as being concerned? Yep, to me life is far more important than someone getting a second CHOICE and takes a life.

damnit Ron you've been here long enough to know how to quote.

"Does not matter what YOU believe or what your religion is...we follow laws..or we are supposed to"

Thank you. So you agree that a law based on the Christian notion that life begins at conception and and that abortion is murder is an example of the government favoring that religion over others is a violation of the first amendment and therefore invalid on constitutional grounds?
Christianity was here way before our Constitution.

"Does not matter what YOU believe or what your religion is...we follow laws..or we are supposed to"

Thank you. So you agree that a law based on the Christian notion that life begins at conception and and that abortion is murder is an example of the government favoring that religion over others is a violation of the first amendment and therefore invalid on constitutional grounds?

Favoring one religion over another you say? Interesting. You mean like having Bibles in schools? Something that many of our founders were in favor of? Something that didn’t get removed through legislation until the 60’s? Weird that our founders, the ones that wrote the constitution , not only allowed bibles in school, but many encouraged it.

This whole separation of church and state argument you are trying to make would make the left proud. And it’s not based on the founders actual beliefs. How do we know? Their actions.

Favoring one religion over another you say? Interesting. You mean like having Bibles in schools? Something that many of our founders were in favor of? Something that didn’t get removed through legislation until the 60’s? Weird that our founders, the ones that wrote the constitution , not only allowed bibles in school, but many encouraged it.

This whole separation of church and state argument you are trying to make would make the left proud. And it’s not based on the founders actual beliefs. How do we know? Their actions.
Bibles in schools was not the founders end game. That's a deviation from the founded intent.

80 percent of the founders were what I would categorize as devout Christians, yet they went out of their way to make sure not only was Christianity not the official religion of the new country, but deliberately wrote the first amendment to give free exercise of any and all.

If you like I can quote any number of documents by various founders as well as official documents such as treaties where founding fathers in that devout category specifically stated this is not a Christian country. Thus is exactly the reason why. The left tends to take the concept as some sort of wall between, distorting the founders intent.

The first amendment was never meant to keep a football team from praying, or FCA from meeting on school grounds, or even an invocation being read before a meeting of any level of government.

This is the scenario they had in mind almost to the letter, so that the law itself remained secular. Nothing more.

Christianity was here way before our Constitution.
Sure was. And yet while our founding documents mention the creator more than once, they don't specify Christianity intentionally.

Or did you think Christianity is the only religion that thinks you shouldn't murder, lie in an official category, or steal?

So…abortion up to about…18 years old.

Got it.
I'm the wrong person to debate that with, I'm a firm believer in the Southern aphorism some people just need killing.

That's an exaggeration and you noted as I stated explicitly a baby is viable outside the womb including extraordunary medical intervention. If it doesn't have legs or a brain yet, it's a fetus.

There's a reason there's terms like zygote, fetus, and infant.

The reason we are where we are at is the left thinks it's OK to perform an abortion as the child is crowning, and if the abortion fails, let's giver her another go. Which is disgusting and equally extreme.

Nobody should be using abortion as birth control, but neither should it be completely restricted by the government.

I think letting the states decide is fine. so ling as there's no restriction of movement.

Your mileage may vary.

Aha. That's why my opening statement was I would vote for him if he was the nominee. I will vote for whoever the Republican nominee is because the democrats are so repugnant with their race baiting, class warfare, horrible economic policies, lack of security domestically and internationally, allowing certain classes of people to attack and disparage others incessantly. Etc, etc, etc.
Not really what I was asking, but OK.

he and his kind prefer the middle eastern way of life..

Anyone else notice (I know the answer) that Mt. Dora pulls likes to throw hand grenades from the cheap seats? Never sticks around to answer the tough questions. I want to put him on ignore, but he makes such obtuse statements it's hard to resist zapping him.
ignore feature is for snowflakes, you will fit right in here!!!

Not really what I was asking, but OK.

Christians support Trump more than the other candidates because he a known conservative commodity and puts Americans first, fires back at the liberal media which is constantly calling conservatives and conservative Christians fascists, racists, etc. and an ally of Israel not an adversary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Bibles in schools was not the founders end game. That's a deviation from the founded intent.

80 percent of the founders were what I would categorize as devout Christians, yet they went out of their way to make sure not only was Christianity not the official religion of the new country, but deliberately wrote the first amendment to give free exercise of any and all.

If you like I can quote any number of documents by various founders as well as official documents such as treaties where founding fathers in that devout category specifically stated this is not a Christian country. Thus is exactly the reason why. The left tends to take the concept as some sort of wall between, distorting the founders intent.

The first amendment was never meant to keep a football team from praying, or FCA from meeting on school grounds, or even an invocation being read before a meeting of any level of government.

This is the scenario they had in mind almost to the letter, so that the law itself remained secular. Nothing more.

Thank you. You are proving my point, and conflating things. “That’s a deviation from the founders intent”. Exactly. Just like conflating a national religion with using the Bible (religion) as a moral compass for legislative guidance.

They didn’t want a state forced religion. Nothing more. Were they perfectly fine with Christianity being used as a moral compass for guidance on legislation (laws)? You bet. And it can be seen throughout the constitution as well as their own actions and legislation.

If our founders intent was to prevent christianity from being used as a moral compass, you can bet your ass they would have taken bibles out of government run schools that would influence children's lives.

Sorry, you’re just wrong here. Actually, not sorry at all. And if you would like, I can quote just as many, if not more founders backing up that this country was indeed founded upon Judeo-Christian beliefs. This is what the left always tries to do as well. Cherry picking few quotes out of context, and trying to apply them holistically. A better exercise? Their actions. What were their actions and their words behind those actions.

Again, you are conflating (just like the left) having a national enforced religion, with using our fundamental Christian founding beliefs as a legislative moral guiding tool. That can be easily seen throughout their lives in the actions they took. And that is exactly what this would be. Using christianity as a measuring stick for guidance on legislation is not the same as forcing someone to be a claim a national religion.

I mean, using your analogy, we should decriminalize murder. “Thou shall not murder”. I mean, because separation of church and state and stuff… derp.

The founders knew that without using a higher power (God) for guidance on topics of morality, we would be left with societal norms ebbs and flows. That’s why we are where we are today. We are letting society determine right and wrong, and it’s lead to the moral decay of our society.

We are now moving towards kids choice on sex, and lowering the age of consent. I mean, they should have a CHOICE, right?

This isn’t hard.

Last edited:
Thank you. You are proving my point, and conflating things. “That’s a deviation from the founders intent”. Exactly. Just like conflating a national religion with using the Bible (religion) as a moral compass for legislative guidance.

They didn’t want a state forced religion. Nothing more. Were they perfectly fine with Christianity being used as a moral compass for guidance on legislation (laws)? You bet. And it can be seen throughout the constitution as well as their own actions and legislation.

If our founders intent was to prevent christianity from being used as a moral compass, you can bet your ass they would have taken bibles out of government run schools that would influence children's lives.

Sorry, you’re just wrong here. Actually, not sorry at all. And if you would like, I can quote just as many, if not more founders backing up that this country was indeed founded upon Judeo-Christian beliefs. This is what the left always tries to do as well. Cherry picking few quotes out of context, and trying to apply them holistically. A better exercise? Their actions. What were their actions and their words behind those actions.

Again, you are conflating (just like the left) having a national enforced religion, with using our fundamental Christian founding beliefs as a legislative moral guiding tool. That can be easily seen throughout their lives in the actions they took. And that is exactly what this would be. Using christianity as a measuring stick for guidance on legislation is not the same as forcing someone to be a claim a national religion.

I mean, using your analogy, we should decriminalize murder. “Thou shall not murder”. I mean, because separation of church and state and stuff… derp.
that's ridiculous and you know gtfo with bs.

The founders knew that without using a higher power (God) for guidance on topics of morality, we would be left with societal norms ebbs and flows. That’s why we are where we are today. We are letting society determine right and wrong, and it’s lead to the moral decay of our society.

We are now moving towards kids choice on sex, and lowering the age of consent. I mean, they should have a CHOICE, right?

This isn’t hard.
I can't even with you jfegly that is the most strawman laden bullshit I ever seen.

I never said this country wasn't founded on Judeo Christian ideals.

It's not a Christian country.

Equating abortion with paedophilia is exactly this particular topic should be between the doctor and the egg and sperm donor involved. Not you, not Jesus, not the government.

How bout you get your house clean before you inspect mine. Last I time I checked you can't get Christians to follow their religion.

At least the Muslims are all on the same screwed up page.

At the end of the day, roe versus wade being overturned was the correct decision but banning abortion because of your moral compass which is based on your religious beliefs is exactly the point that you are crawfishing on.

I don't know how many times I have to say this your religion applies to you not me.

If abortion is against your religion then don't have one.

I don't believe all life is sacred or valuable. I believe you are worth whatever you've accomplished and what you contribute.

Sure was. And yet while our founding documents mention the creator more than once, they don't specify Christianity intentionally.

Or did you think Christianity is the only religion that thinks you shouldn't murder, lie in an official category, or steal?
You're just trying to debate something. Want my thoughts? I don't believe they were all Christian (founding fathers). Most were, but this "god" we all think America is founded on isn't the God of the bible for some founding fathers. But I do believe God blessed America at the onset through the Constitution. What a well documented and thought out foundation for a nation to follow.

And people like you love to skirt around the notion that there is only ONE GOD. People like you like to make up their own god to fit their own ideology of how they want their god to be like. That way there is no submission except to your own self. Your mind created a god you can live with.

There is but ONE GOD and that ONE GOD is the God of the bible - the Christian God. Historical evidence is there for your eyes to see, but you choose not to. You're trying to justify away that concept by stating other religions believe differently, and suggesting that's either okay or proves the Christian God believers are biased to an extreme. Our God is a God of grace and mercy and love. But He's also a just Judge that can see beyond the facade of an internet post and sees you even more than you see yourself. You might think you're fooling people with thoughtful skill, but standing in judgment before the Almighty God, you'll have no excuse. You WILL be exposed. That alone should make your knees buckle.

You're just trying to debate something. Want my thoughts? I don't believe they were all Christian (founding fathers). Some were, but this "god" we all think America is founded on isn't the God of the bible.

And people like you love to skirt around the notion that there is only ONE GOD. People like you like to make up their own god to fit their own ideology of how they want their god to be like. That way there is no submission except to your own self. Your mind created a god you can live with.

There is but ONE GOD and that ONE GOD is the God of the bible - the Christian God. Historical evidence is there for your eyes to see, but you choose not to. You're trying to justify away that concept by stating other religions believe differently, and suggesting that's either okay or proves the Christian God believers are biased to an extreme. Our God is a God of grace and mercy and love. But He's also a just Judge that can see beyond the facade of an internet post and sees you even more than you see yourself. You might think you're fooling people with thoughtful skill, but standing in judgment before the Almighty God, you'll have no excuse. You WILL be exposed. That alone should make your knees buckle.
That is strictly your opinion and the exact same thing every adherent of every religion on the planet says.

Worry about your own salvation my friend, I'm fine with my choice.

And if you quote Phillipiains to me again I will vomit.

that's ridiculous and you know gtfo with bs.

I can't even with you jfegly that is the most strawman laden bullshit I ever seen.

I never said this country wasn't founded on Judeo Christian ideals.

It's not a Christian country.

Equating abortion with paedophilia is exactly this particular topic should be between the doctor and the egg and sperm donor involved. Not you, not Jesus, not the government.

How bout you get your house clean before you inspect mine. Last I time I checked you can't get Christians to follow their religion.

At least the Muslims are all on the same screwed up page.

At the end of the day, roe versus wade being overturned was the correct decision but banning abortion because of your moral compass which is based on your religious beliefs is exactly the point that you are crawfishing on.

I don't know how many times I have to say this your religion applies to you not me.

If abortion is against your religion then don't have one.

I don't believe all life is sacred or valuable. I believe you are worth whatever you've accomplished and what you contribute.
You should watch this movie. Here's one scene:

Last edited:
Christians support Trump more than the other candidates because he a known conservative commodity and puts Americans first, fires back at the liberal media which is constantly calling conservatives and conservative Christians fascists, racists, etc. and an ally of Israel not an adversary.
not a conservative bone in his body, he is without a doubt, the most liberal president we have ever had.

You guys don't want to discuss Christ's actual teachings and life because it shows you are not truly Christ's followers. Christ was an immigrant (remember his time in Egypt), Christ gathered with prostitutes, beggars, liars, tax collectors, the very poor. I am sure he would be inclusive with LGBQT, etc. Your hive wants to cut food stamps, deny healthcare to the poor and make rich people richer, how Christian.
Christ also told them to not do the things they were doing..how is that woke? You only tell half of the story.

the anger and vitriol you spew reminds me of a certain poster who got banned for his hateful posts and unbecoming language- cannot help but wonder if you came back under a new name-

Actually I was being serious I like Kj and I plan on watching this.

as a Christian we know where we will be upon our death and we also know where you will be as well
And there's that Christian love I was expecting. 😁

Reactions: kjfreeze
oh reggie what would you know about Christian love
I think Ghandi said it best. I like your Christ but I do not like your Christians, you are so unlike your Christ.

I imagine Jesus was a good dude, like Tebow with long hair.

You, not so much.

oh Reggie- look in the mirror hoss
For someone that is supremely confident in his God and his salvation you sure get in your feels about what I'm doing.

Plus I never claimed to be emulating the human form of a benevolent God, now did I.

If you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and pay attention to his actions he was definitely woke. Probably the first woke individual in history . So if you are anti-woke, are you anti-Christ? Call me a snowflake...actually that is a complement. All snowflakes are unique. Call me woke. I do follow the teachings and the examples of Christ. Where does that leave you MAGA cultists? I am not here to judge, that is all up to the Big Guy when you die. Good luck you mindless drones.
Hey buddy. Let me know the next time you work from 8am to 8pm treating a waiting room of patients who can't afford to pay or have no medical insurance. Dad says hello from above.

No stupid, it is thou shalt not kill.
Do you remember Christ saying conception begins life? If not, that is not a belief of Christ, that is a belief of the drones in your hive. Most physicians have always agreed that life begins when a fetus can survive outside the womb.
As a card carrying, practicing Christian myself I can condone neither your points nor your tone with those who disagree with you.

I think Ghandi said it best. I like your Christ but I do not like your Christians, you are so unlike your Christ.

I imagine Jesus was a good dude, like Tebow with long hair.

You, not so much.
There is definitely a lot of misinformed Christians who are themselves following the God of the bible in their own conceived ways that are not biblical. Now don't think I'm being holier than thou, because I recognize what even I do, but this is one reason I have church on Sunday mornings with 3-4 other men at a local coffee shop. We open our bibles at 7 and sometimes don't end until 11 or noon. Sounds crazy but it's been allowing me to take off my blinders of who I am as a Christian and opening my wounds of sin and sinful ways, exposing them to myself and my brothers. It's not easy living in an attempt to not sin, because at every turn I find myself sinning. It also not easy trying to do the will of God which He says to seek first: Matthew 6:33.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT