ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Salary Disparity Outrage on MSNBC

Good research, 76. So the NBA already does what I suggest above which is cover fixed and OH costs.

The key thing is that this, nor the NBA, is a "business", per se.

Take the Dallas Mavericks and Mark Cuban. Cuban made $3B back in 2000. This was a hobby that has been wildly profitable for him.
By what objective metric is an enterprise that produces 3b in profit not a business?

Not topless but close …..

football-dream.gif
Closer to bottomless than to topless. I like the uniform ...

• Haha
Reactions: greyghost14
Throwing glass?

Edgy AF.
I think stadiums have all gone to plastic or aluminum beer bottles for safety reasons. .......... and because hot beer in open plastic cups is pure pisswater and makes a stinking mess everywhere. But I could be wrong, haven't been to a stadium in years. No one in their right mind would show up to a road game at LSU with glass bottles. The Louisiana cops know. You can show your tits, piss in alleyways, drink hard liquor in the road at Bourbon Street, but got glass? You going to jail. 😂

By what objective metric is an enterprise that produces 3b in profit not a business?
I have no idea what the hell he means.

Cuban sold Broadcast.com to Yahoo for $5.7B in 1999. Perhaps his split with his partner was $3B?

And he's a minority owner of the Mavs, so perhaps that's where the 'hobby' part comes in?

Reactions: LordofallSocks
I am saying that Cuban is already a billionaire. He never needs to earn another dollar in his life. Anything he does subsequent is for personal satisfaction or as Kevin O’Leary says is for a broader purpose.

If you are running 2-3 subway shops barely making 250-300k/year, then Newsome pushing minimum wage can put these businesses under. A Cuban or Kelly L. can move monies around. It’s not “make or break”. Note that these are not public companies nor have PE ownership.

It’s a nice to have.

Also different businesses have different margin profiles. Take Microsoft. The Azure cloud business makes far more money than Devices.

The dual heads of supply chain of those business, both make between 1.5 to 2.5M/year.

This is Cathy Engleharts argument. W.N.B.A. is a platform to earn incredible non base salary money. It’s a solid argument.
That appears to be clear, And businesses are being guilted into backing a garbage product. There's no amount of rhetoric that will make up for the air balls and missed layups at the highest levels of women's ball. ...

I am saying that Cuban is already a billionaire. He never needs to earn another dollar in his life. Anything he does subsequent is for personal satisfaction or as Kevin O’Leary says is for a broader purpose.

If you are running 2-3 subway shops barely making 250-300k/year, then Newsome pushing minimum wage can put these businesses under. A Cuban or Kelly L. can move monies around. It’s not “make or break”. Note that these are not public companies nor have PE ownership.

It’s a nice to have.

Also different businesses have different margin profiles. Take Microsoft. The Azure cloud business makes far more money than Devices.

The dual heads of supply chain of those business, both make between 1.5 to 2.5M/year.
Devices doesn't lose money.

The WNBA would not only be bankrupt without the subsidy, they wouldn't be able to get their players to their away games.

There are more people interested in watching bums fight on the internet than fans of the WNBA.

Reactions: treygator29
Devices doesn't lose money.

The WNBA would not only be bankrupt without the subsidy, they wouldn't be able to get their players to their away games.

There are more people interested in watching bums fight on the internet than fans of the WNBA.
Fact.
It’s hard to get people motivated about a product when a far superior product is one remote click away.

It’s the same reason female strip clubs make far greater a profit than male strip clubs. No matter how hard we try, their is a difference in the sexes. And that’s a good thing.

Reactions: LordofallSocks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT