ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan's fans thoughts on the game...

You really are as poor at reading comp as you appeared to be initially.
You claim they are LB'ers that have yet to produce? (moe-ron-a-yappin')

While all 5 of those mentioned Gator LB's have played, with 4 of the 5 already having started for the Gators. :cool:

While you constantly make meaningless homer claims without any bio details on your players abilities, as Preps or while at Mich. I call that yappin' right outta your azz... :rolleyes:

And notice that I'm not bothering to go to your board in some weak-strained attempt to convince your homers about how good my guys are, compared to how bad yours are. There is a dead give-away there for those that are not dead-frozen-brained twits.... o_O

You really are as poor at reading comp as you appeared to be initially.
You claim they are LB'ers that have yet to produce? (moe-ron-a-yappin')

While all 5 of those mentioned Gator LB's have played, with 4 of the 5 already having started for the Gators. :cool:

While you constantly make meaningless homer claims without any bio details on your players abilities, as Preps or while at Mich. I call that yappin' right outta your azz... :rolleyes:

And notice that I'm not bothering to go to your board in some weak-strained attempt to convince your homers about how good my guys are, compared to how bad yours are. There is a dead give-away there for those that are not dead-frozen-brained twits.... o_O

ayyy nice material insta

Just a little more FYI...
Here are a few of the freshmen that are stepping up in Fall Practices.

CB/Nic Marco Wilson 6-0 177 - Fort Lauderdale, FL -- 'Opening Finalist'
FHSAA 5A State Champs in 2014 & 2016. - USA Today AA
He also ran track in HS,,, so good speed!

FS Shawn Davis 5-11 191 - Miami, FL - 8A State Champion
Knows where to be and what to do, communicates, per Duke and coaches.
He's been filling in for dinged-up FS Washington at practice.

CB/S Brad Stewart 6-0 191 - N.O, LA
LHSAA 4A state semifinals - 4A All State and ODP.
HS Senior - 111 total tackles, 13 pass breakups and 11 interceptions.

SS Donovan Stiner 6-1 198
Texas HS Coaches Association 2015-16 Academic All-State Team
2015-16 District 18-6A All-District First Team Defense

CB/RB CJ Henderson 6-1 186 Fr - Miami - UA-AA
Selected to the USA National Team in its game vs.Canada

CB/S Brian Edwards 6-2 183 Fr - Hollywood, FL
Florida 2016 Class 8A All-State 1st-Team Defensive Squad
He was also a 2nd Team High Jumper in HS.

And that doesn't include several rsFr or So's, so I'm not too worried about them being able to fill any holes that might occur in the secondary.
---------

WR Daquon Green 6-1 195 - Tampa, FL - Speed and route running.
WR/QB Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 - Speed, smarts, hands, and moves.

RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 - Clearwater, FL - Power, Krazy-Leggs
RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 - Tampa, FL - Speed and vision, cut moves.

Real nice adds to the 2017 roster, so both of those positions are in really excellent depth shape.

FYI....

Coaches Poll -- #16 UF -- #9 Mich.

AP Poll -- #17 UF -- #11 Mich.

Six SEC AP Top 25's - 1. UA, 12 AU, 13 LSU, 15 UGA, 17 UF, 25 TN
In the SEC, nothing is ever EASY.... (UF's annual OoC - 3. FSU)

And yet another homer post. Michigan lost more starters than any team in the country and yet all I see is how everything you say is that your returners are better than the players you lost. I guess your backups were really better than your starters last year.

when people say starter vs backup and that's their analysis, they kinda just don't get it. Mo Hurst was a backup last season. Does that mean he was worse than Matt Godin or Ryan Glasgow who "started" ahead of him? Not really since he was a projected 1st round pick this past April who played a ton. Todd McShay called him the best DT in the country right now. So is he new starter? Technically. Is he perhaps the best DT in the nation? Perhaps.

So it's possible to have "new starters" this season that are better than the starters from last season.

Michigan fans 2016: We have everybody back we are going to be great!

Michigan fans 2017: We have nobody back, we are going to be great!

Michigan 2016 finished #3 in Sagarin so it's safe to say they were actually pretty great. Losing 3 nailbiters that you lead in the final minute is more bad luck than bad team.

I respect the heck out of Florida, I just find it kinda funny when some Florida fans think it's egregious for Michigan fans to expect to win the game considering Michigan is ranked higher in coaches and AP preseason polls and favored in Las Vegas. Most neutral observers think Michigan has a better team than Florida this season.

Reactions: jm2117
Well I expect UF to win this game, and im about as brutal as they get apparently.

Here are some of their returners. I have a feeling when # 73 is lined up near Fred Johnson its going to spell a lot of bad news for us. Fred Johnson was struggling with a 250 lb. walk-on D lineman when we ran the ball in the spring game.

Michigan does some fake blitz stuff also to disrupt things.

I just think a few people are a little too confident if they think we are just going to line up and run the ball on Michigan with no problem. Its mostly at other sites I see confidence like that.

The Gator's OL has no size or talent at all, so the Mich front 7 can be expected to just ignore them on their way to either sack the QB or tackle the RB for a loss. No problems for the Mich DL at all.... :cool:

RT Jewaan Taylor 6-5 340 So - Cocoa, FL
(Fr All SEC & Fr All American - 2017 Preseason All SEC)

RG/DT Antonio Riles 6-4 328 rsJr - Lawrenceville, GA
His other offers included: UA, UGA, Clem, UL, MichSt,,,,
(6 starts in 2015, the 2016 starter before Aug ACL)

C/OG T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo - Clermont, FL
(Rimington and Wuerffel Watch Lists)

LG/C Brett Heggie 6-3 330 rsFr - Mount Dora, FL
(Opening & UA-AA)

LT/LG Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr - Apopka, FL - 5 Star
(All SEC Fr/So LG starter, All SEC - Outland Trophy Watch List)

I watched Michigan man handle Florida in Orlando. The Michigan team simply beat up Florida for 4 quarters. This Michigan team will do the same thing because Harbaugh inspires it and nobody will block Rashan Gary or Hurst. They are faster then anyone you have on your roster blocking them. Harbaugh said that Rashan Gary might be the best player he has ever coached, college or NFL. I think Michigan wins 36-12.

I watched Michigan man handle Florida in Orlando. The Michigan team simply beat up Florida for 4 quarters. This Michigan team will do the same thing because Harbaugh inspires it and nobody will block Rashan Gary or Hurst. They are faster then anyone you have on your roster blocking them. Harbaugh said that Rashan Gary might be the best player he has ever coached, college or NFL. I think Michigan wins 36-12.

And I think the team that is replacing more starters than any other team IN THE NATION is going to struggle in their first game. I only say that because it always happens, and next Saturday is part of always.

PS. Did you just claim a speed advantage over Florida?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The teams that played in Mc's first season bowl game are not the teams that will be playing this Saturday. o_O

In 2016,,,, (a bit more recent)
Did you watch the Mich 13 - 14 Iowa game?
Then did you watch the UF 30 - 3 Iowa game?
UF played that bowl game without 7 starters, most on the D.
Most of those guys are the ones that you'll be seeing come Saturday.

Unlike you, I don't know who will win, but I'm betting your hardblow get's a bit of a surprise this coming weekend.... :cool:

DT Taven Bryan 6-5 291 rsJr - 600+ squat, 40+ Vert, 4.65/40 or better.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-florida-dl-drawing-comparisons-to-jj-watt

====================

From Andy Staples (SI): 5 SEC teams with at least an outside chance at the CFP. (8-25-17)

BTW, is there another conference that has 5 teams with a ligit chance at making the CFP? - iG

Alabama - Auburn - Florida - Georgia - LSU
(I might even throw TN in there as a dark horse, if they can beat VU)
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/25/sec-playoff-teams-preview-alabama-auburn-georgia

The Gator's 4 game 2017 'murder's row' in iG's opinion: VU, LSU, aTm,,, UGA-WLOCP

Last edited:
As a Florida fan I think Florida wins... but to be honest I'm not sold on either team, I give Florida a edge on D just for the fact that we have a little more experience returning then Mich. I see a lot of toalk about Gary for UM, not saying he won't be a good/great player but I'm not sold on him yet. He had 23 TOT with 5 TFL and .5 sacks.. not stand out numbers considering Zuniga had 25 TOT with 8.5 TFL and 5 sacks last year. UM secondary has 0 returning players with INT, Florida returns 4. Mich only returns 2 guys with more then 30 TOT, Florida has 6. Offense I give the advantage to Michigan and only because of unknown qb at Florida. I think rushing is even. ST is Florida because Mich has all new kickers and we got a guy that can kick it the length of the field. Coaching goes to Michigan just because of harbaughs experience, both are good coaches and know how to get the best out of their players.

So this is going to be a color rush game brought to you by Nike.

Florida in all blue with white helmets and Michigan in all maize and blue helmet.

Love our selection...but....

This color rush crap is lame.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Michigan's achilles heel will be their defensive backfield...challenge them early and often and you'll get some TDs

Do you have a passing game to challenge? Maybe...but I certainly didn't see it all last season
So all of the underclassmen who played last year can't gain from their experience but all of your new guys are already up to par?

Who knows how it will turn out but I just don't see it being like the Blazing Wing Bowl two years ago.

I think LT Ivey will do alright against Gary. Our right side of the line could have a few issues however.

I'd be amazed if Gary didn't get double teamed on most passing plays. Single block him at your own risk.

Well our starting TE isn't much help with blocking. Gary lines up at DE mostly doesn't he? Our RT is pretty strong but speed gives him a problem at times. Hurst worries me more due to the matchups. I think both teams are going to have issues blocking the other D line. We have some quick DEs that can get after the QB.

You are HEAVILY delusional.

Just like most Michigan fans, you are looking at what you expect for the end of the year and carrying it back to game 1.

Your defense is predicated on assignment football. You can't be that aggressive unless everybody knows exactly what to do, because one player out of position equals 6 points. With 10 new starters, expect a lot of them to be out of position. They simply aren't used to playing together as a unit. I HOPE AND PRAY your defense comes out in full pressure mode, UF will drop 50 on you.

It is LAUGHABLE that you think you can come out with 20 new starters, a new kicker, new punter, new kick returner and new punt returner, and play lights out your first game. That is simply not how the world works.

And lets not forget that while Ann Arbor is lounging in the 70's every day, Florida and Texas are both rolling out 90-95 degree days. One team is going to be ready for the heat, and one is going to MELT. Care to guess which is which?

Florida by a minimum 20, I'm looking at 38-10.

You believe your offense will score 4x with NO QB and your best player suspended and you think we are delusional?! Tell me what we are missing again?

UM- 30
FLA- 19

I was sitting on the Michigan 45 yard line for that game and Michigan looked like a high school team physically compared to Bamr. It appears that HardPAW has got Michigan a lot bigger and more physical since 2012.

Lizzerds don't travel North of KanTuck or West of the Mississippi ( with this exception) I cant wait for my buddy instants reply? :D

And I was sitting in front of my TV when we whipped your AZZ in the bowl game 41-7! Expect more punishment to be dished out this time too....Harbaugh will keep his foot on the gas pedal and there will be no let up if given the chance. I guarantee u that. I still think UM 30-19 however you will tack on a meaningless TD in the 4th to make it close.

And I was sitting in front of my TV when we whipped your AZZ in the bowl game 41-7! Expect more punishment to be dished out this time too....Harbaugh will keep his foot on the gas pedal and there will be no let up if given the chance. I guarantee u that. I still think UM 30-19 however you will tack on a meaningless TD in the 4th to make it close.

Are you really that sure about all this?

I really like Michigan's chances to beat Florida:

1. Experienced UM QB throwing to talented WRs and TEs with sufficient experience. Harbaugh is a master at developing QBs, Speight was decent last year, I expect him to take a clear next step up.

2. UM's achilles are their CBs, can Florida exploit that without a clearcut star QB and the absence of their best returning WR for this game (unless that's changed)?

3. Intangibles: Florida has had a very rough offseason, lots of distractions (i.e. suspensions), UM's offseason has been very bright, highlighted by an all-team trip to Italy for bonding, practicing, and learning. I think the teams' mindsets going in are completely headed in different directions.

4. Hot starters: UM has started really well under Harbaugh (only non-November losses have been on the road vs. Utah by a few points and vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl). Otherwise our Septembers have been very dominant (not so much our Novembers).

5. UM will be surprisingly better at OL than they were last year with a bunch of seniors. None of those departures were NFL quality, Drevno is known for developing OLs, new asst. Greg Frey has a great track record previously at UM, and the talent is there and largely has been had picked by Harbaugh's staff.

6. UM's front seven on defense are very tough and with Devin Bush added to the mix, should be as good as last year or better at LB. I think they'll be a load to handle, especially if running downhill vs. a hamstrung FL offense without a strong passing game.

1. Experienced UM QB throwing to talented WRs and TEs with sufficient experience. Harbaugh is a master at developing QBs, Speight was decent last year, I expect him to take a clear next step up.

2. UM's achilles are their CBs, can Florida exploit that without a clearcut star QB and the absence of their best returning WR for this game (unless that's changed)?

3. Intangibles: Florida has had a very rough offseason, lots of distractions (i.e. suspensions), UM's offseason has been very bright, highlighted by an all-team trip to Italy for bonding, practicing, and learning. I think the teams' mindsets going in are completely headed in different directions.

4. Hot starters: UM has started really well under Harbaugh (only non-November losses have been on the road vs. Utah by a few points and vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl). Otherwise our Septembers have been very dominant (not so much our Novembers).

5. UM will be surprisingly better at OL than they were last year with a bunch of seniors. None of those departures were NFL quality, Drevno is known for developing OLs, new asst. Greg Frey has a great track record previously at UM, and the talent is there and largely has been had picked by Harbaugh's staff.

6. UM's front seven on defense are very tough and with Devin Bush added to the mix, should be as good as last year or better at LB. I think they'll be a load to handle, especially if running downhill vs. a hamstrung FL offense without a strong passing game.

Again, all of our new guys are awesome and yours all suck. (The UM way of thinking!!!)

Speight sucks.

And finally, so basically you've lost to the only decent opponent you have had in September....lol. Congrats on destroying the MAC!!!

1. Speight is no game changer. A little plus only for his experience in big games.

2. A decent point but still a weakness.

3. Not a big effect imo unless a LB was to get injured. Callaway is a bad loss however.

4. You aren't playing Hawaii, UCF or Oregon State this time.

5. The right side of your line isn't going to be that good.

6. I agree your front 7 will cause us some issues.

1. Speight is no game changer. A little plus only for his experience in big games.

3. Not a big effect imo unless a LB was to get injured. Callaway is a bad loss however.

#1 I agree Speight isn't a game changer yet, but Harbaugh's history with the position is.

#4 You have toss in Colorado into that mix as well (beat them by 20+), plus destroying Penn State in early October by 40. I'm just saying we start fast...we played over our heads vs. Utah in Harbaugh's first game and could have won on the road.

Again, all of our new guys are awesome and yours all suck. (The UM way of thinking!!!)

Speight sucks.

And finally, so basically you've lost to the only decent opponent you have had in September....lol. Congrats on destroying the MAC!!!
Okay, no, but okay you're hostile. Colorado is in the Pac-10 btw.

So Michigan beat Oklahoma in the Citrus Bowl 41-7?

Damn I missed that game.

Know your posters before quoting their post.

That's about the best breakdown I've seen from a Michigan fan so far.

Beats the
1. Your experienced guys suck and will always suck
2. Our inexperienced newcomers are the best ever and will be even better and better.
3. We beat y'all in the Citrus Bowl

You make valid points and that's respectful.

Reactions: Gator Fever
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/florida-depth-chart-released

"Besides Martel Ivey, their entire O line is all low three stars. On top of that they are all true juniors or sophomores. We should be able to stuff the run game and slow down an inexperienced QB. I dont see how they will be able to put up more than 20 points in this one."

"I'm really pulling for my boy Luke Del Rio. They should definitely start him."

That's about the best breakdown I've seen from a Michigan fan so far.

Beats the
1. Your experienced guys suck and will always suck
2. Our inexperienced newcomers are the best ever and will be even better and better.
3. We beat y'all in the Citrus Bowl

You make valid points and that's respectful.
One interesting matchup in this one is your LB David Reese. A lot of UM fans were sorry to see him depart from a UM commitment, it probably worked out fine for both parties (UM later got a commitment from Devin Bush, Reese was able to stick it out at LB), but UM commentators said he was a load, a true, classic LB. Plus he'll be just a bit motivated to play and prove something to UM I expect.

Jim Harbaugh must be an idiot. Apparently he had a bunch of future All Pros playing behind guys they are clearly better than.

After reading some of these clowns from Michigan, Im thinking their 2nd team last year probably would have beaten Clemson by 14 last year

Jim Harbaugh must be an idiot. Apparently he had a bunch of future All Pros playing behind guys they are clearly better than.

After reading some of these clowns from Michigan, Im thinking their 2nd team last year probably would have beaten Clemson by 14 last year

You might just be bad at reading. It's quite possible for backups that were nearly as good as the starters last season to now be better than those starters were last season. Young players tend to improve fairly rapidly. For example, I expect 1st year starter Devin Bush to be better than 1st year starter Ben Gedeon was last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT