ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan's fans thoughts on the game...

LOL. SEC defensive ends. As I said earlier Mo Hurst is a 5th year senior DT projected to be a 1st round NFL draft choice and Rashan Gary would start for Alabama but your Oline will dominate them because you are in the SEC.

The NFL trumps the SEC,,,, and Harbaugh won there.
(yeah, and that's why ole Har-Har is still in the NFL) :rolleyes:

It will be a close game but please stop with this SEC,SEC BS. Just pray your team plays well considering it is the first time Florida will play an away game to start the season for the first time in like 26 years.

This is a long standing SEC FACT, but I'll just give you the Last 5 Years in the NFL Draft for now. Players drafted to the NFL per conference.

270 - SEC - UA, UF, LSU, TN,,, UG, AU,,, aTm, MS, SCa, MsSt
189 - ACC - FSU, Clem,,, Mia, UL, NC
-----
170 - B-Ten/12 - tOSU, Mi,,, PSU, Wis, MiSt
169 - Pac10/12 - USC, Ore,,, Stan, UCLA, Wash
-----
104 - B-12/10 - Joke-la-homa, Tx,,, TCU, OkSt, Bay

When I look at Florida's OL from last season, I see little reason to believe they will be good this season, but they will probably improve a bit.

Michigan's OL will probably be better run blocking than last season but might struggle pass blocking early in the season. They are adding physically stronger players to the mix, but inexperienced guys tend to get confused vs blitzes.

Not sure how much we will blitz but we have about 3 DEs that are really getting after the QBs. If you have a tackle that struggles with that your passing plays better be quicker ones mostly.

I honestly think both O lines are going to struggle this game some and whoever can make a few big plays will win. Your power running game I am not sure about either until I see our new D line in action.

Michigans LT will be a 4 year starter so I'm not too worried about that side. Also helps that Speight proved quite adept at sidestepping initial pass rushers and keeping plays alive last season. If anything he needs to work on throwing the ball away sometimes instead of always trying to make a play. It lead to him taking a few too many hits.

I still expect to see a low scoring close game. If the O/U is 45 or more you can safely bet Big on the under.

When I look at Florida's OL from last season, I see little reason to believe they will be good this season, but they will probably improve a bit.

Michigan's OL will probably be better run blocking than last season but might struggle pass blocking early in the season. They are adding physically stronger players to the mix, but inexperienced guys tend to get confused vs blitzes.

1. The 2016 OL (with many injuried) will not be the 2017 OL. :rolleyes:

2. And obviously, qualified other see what you don't see.... o_O

LT/LG Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr ***** - Outland Trophy Watch List.

OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo - Rimington Trophy Watch List.
He was also named to the Wuerffel Trophy Watch List.

RT Jawaan Taylor 6-5 334 So.
Fr All SEC and a Fr All American.
Then ESPN elected him to the All SEC Bowl Team as a true Fr.

LG Brett Heggie 6-4 330 rsFr - UA-AA and The Opening
He took a Fr redshirt, but is now the projected starter for 2017.
OR
LG/RG/C Tyler Jordan 6-4 310 Jr

He played both RG and C before being injured out in 2016.

RG/RT Fred Johnson 6-6 330 Jr
Florida HS 7A All State
OR
RG Antonio Riles 6-4 328 rsJr

The RG starter before he was injured out for the season last Aug and redshirted. His offers included: Bama, Clem, UL, MichSt.

The Gator OL is now a solid 3 deep and might be the best unit on the team.
No need to ask; "Where's the Beef" :oops:
----------

LT 6-5 315
LG 6-4 330
OC 6-1 314
RG 6-6 330
RT 6-5 334

NT Tedarrell Slaton 6-4 358
MLB David Reese 6-0 244

No, because the Gator OL is now that good.
And I saw what your meat-chickens did at home vs SEC in 2012. ;)

The NFL trumps the SEC??? And where do most of the NFL players come from, especially on Def? The SEC, so do try and keep up! :cool:

Who will your DL'men need to beat? Nobody, right? :rolleyes:

LT Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr ***** - named to the Outland Trophy Watch List.

OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo - named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List.

OR

Florida HS 7A All State
OR

The RG starter before he was injured out for the season last Aug and redshirted. His offers included: Bama, Clem, UL, MichSt.

Your guys will likely make a play here and there, always happens, but if you think that they will dominate the Gator's OL, then :Do_O:rolleyes::D.

Stop saying that bama game was at Michigan. It was in Arlington.

And of course the game will be indoors, what is wrong with you?

Stop saying that bama game was at Michigan. It was in Arlington.

And of course the game will be indoors, what is wrong with you?

Nice complete and point by point rebuttal you got there bubba... lol :D

I don't pay attention to has-been schools or conferences. They listed it as a home game for Mich, even though you say that it was in Tx. But I see that you didn't want to address the SEC team beat the meat-chickens 41 - 14 in TX.

And so what if it's was indoors. Our guy practice both outdoors and indoors on carpet at the Gators IPF....

Go ahead and post some more of your drivel, so I can shove it right back down your throat.... :cool:

LT 6-5 315
LG 6-4 330
OC 6-1 314
RG 6-6 330
RT 6-5 334

MLB David Reese 6-0 244

Nice complete and point by point rebuttal you got there bubba... lol :D

I don't pay attention to has-been schools or conferences. They listed it as a home game for Mich, even though you say that it was in Tx. But I see that you didn't want to address the SEC team beat the meat-chickens 41 - 14 in TX.

That Bama team was the most talented opponent I've ever seen Michigan play in person.

Also I find it odd you'd criticize a school for losing an OOC game 1000+ miles from home. Florida hasn't exactly traveled much over the years.

Is that dude like, 10? What a child. Is this what the free board is like.

I'll leave it at asking what's FLORIDAs record all time vs M? I'll hang up and listen.....

That Bama team was the most talented opponent I've ever seen Michigan play in person.

Also I find it odd you'd criticize a school for losing an OOC game 1000+ miles from home. Florida hasn't exactly traveled much over the years.

I was sitting on the Michigan 45 yard line for that game and Michigan looked like a high school team physically compared to Bamr. It appears that HardPAW has got Michigan a lot bigger and more physical since 2012.

Lizzerds don't travel North of KanTuck or West of the Mississippi ( with this exception) I cant wait for my buddy instants reply? :D

Last edited:
These yappin' meat-chickens remind me of the schmuckeyes before our game with them. They claimed that the Gator's didn't even deserve to be in the game with them and their Heisman pretender QB. :rolleyes: And oh BTW, where was that game played? o_O

It was amazing how fast they all disappeared after getting their asses handed to them. We'll see how it goes in about 20 days..... :cool:

Reactions: fsu939913
I will grudging
Is that dude like, 10? What a child. Is this what the free board is like.

I'll leave it at asking what's FLORIDAs record all time vs M? I'll hang up and listen.....

I will grudgingly admit that UM is the only OOC team to ever beat Tebow.

HATE. YOU. SO. HARD.
serveimage

Reactions: jm2117 and jorg96

Pretty common when you play in the Little 10. Just surprised you have never seen a Rutgers or Indiana or Purdue team that talented

Based on what I saw last year... o_O

Iowa 14 - 13 Mich - also rans in the has-been BigTen/12

Iowa 3 - 30 Florida - SECe-C

PS -- UF 16 - 7 @ LSU

But both of our last year opinions are drivel, because last years teams won't be playing each other this year. :cool:
Throw the fsu games into that equation also. But I believe you are correct. Especially for UM offense. All new receivers plus 3/5 of the oline will be different as well. Pile on the new OC at UM bringing in a new passing game philosophy and there is no way to compare the Michigan offense until it is seen in action.

Probably because our coach keeps bragging about them. I think its more of a motivational tool myself however. I see us being better at O line but not even close to being elite there like some team like Bama.

What do you think of your O line? It sounds like we are really going to be good at getting after the QB. Not as sure about stuffing the run however.
Our o line should be a step better than last year. The left side will be solid with mason cole at LT and Ben bredeson at LG. At center it sounds like 5th year senior Patrick Kugler will start. He played backup at both center and guard last year and although not see inspiring he shouldn't be taken advantage of. The right side is where the questions start to arise. At RG the general expectation is to see Michael Onwenu take the starting spot. 6'4 and reports vary from 330 to 350. The question with him is at that weight is he in good enough shape to make an impact in the 4th quarter. Whoever takes the RG spot expect to see lots of rotation unless someone really steps up the last 3 weeks. Finally RT, the reports have been a little back and forth on this. Jawuan Bushel-Beatty and Jon Runyan jr are the 2 fighting for the top spot. JBB is a 3rd year guy played a good bit last year in relief of injured Newsome who is redshirting this year because of the same injury. Has experience and good length but it sounds like Runyan has been having a good summer and is really strong and technically sound. I'm not sure at this point who to expect honestly. I generally default to experience so I'll give a guess with JBB

Pretty common when you play in the Little 10. Just surprised you have never seen a Rutgers or Indiana or Purdue team that talented

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was so funny. Such a sick burn.

But on a serious note I've seen Michigan play some truly outstanding teams over the last several decades and that Alabama team was just amazing. Every single unit on the team was elite and the backups were dominant.

Reactions: jorg96
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was so funny. Such a sick burn.

But on a serious note I've seen Michigan play some truly outstanding teams over the last several decades and that Alabama team was just amazing. Every single unit on the team was elite and the backups were dominant.

Was that the same year tOSU beat them in the CFP?

Our o line should be a step better than last year. The left side will be solid with mason cole at LT and Ben bredeson at LG. At center it sounds like 5th year senior Patrick Kugler will start. He played backup at both center and guard last year and although not see inspiring he shouldn't be taken advantage of. The right side is where the questions start to arise. At RG the general expectation is to see Michael Onwenu take the starting spot. 6'4 and reports vary from 330 to 350. The question with him is at that weight is he in good enough shape to make an impact in the 4th quarter. Whoever takes the RG spot expect to see lots of rotation unless someone really steps up the last 3 weeks. Finally RT, the reports have been a little back and forth on this. Jawuan Bushel-Beatty and Jon Runyan jr are the 2 fighting for the top spot. JBB is a 3rd year guy played a good bit last year in relief of injured Newsome who is redshirting this year because of the same injury. Has experience and good length but it sounds like Runyan has been having a good summer and is really strong and technically sound. I'm not sure at this point who to expect honestly. I generally default to experience so I'll give a guess with JBB
In addition Michigan brought in a new coach (Greg Frey) to specifically coach Offensive Tackles and Tight Ends. Frey had been the Oline coach at Indiana and before that was the Oline coach at Michigan under Rich Rod. Harbaugh was impressed with how Indiana was able to run against Michigan and OSU the last two years.

He is considered a great addition by Harbaugh who personally hired him to improve the Oline play. What this says is Michigan is targeting Offensive Line improvement as a priority. Have to wait to see if the results are positive but Harbaugh has been very pleased with what he sees so far.

Frey played Offensive Line at FSU in college.

1. The 2016 OL (with many injuried) will not be the 2017 OL. :rolleyes:

2. And obviously, qualified other see what you don't see.... o_O

LT/LG Martez Ivey 6-5 315 Jr ***** - Outland Trophy Watch List.

OC T.J. McCoy 6-1 314 rsSo - Rimington Trophy Watch List.

OR

Florida HS 7A All State
OR

----------

LT 6-5 315
LG 6-4 330
OC 6-1 314
RG 6-6 330
RT 6-5 334

MLB David Reese 6-0 244
Our starting D line will be one of the best college football.
Rashan Gary 6-5, 285 SDE. Bednarik watchlist, Walter camp watchlist. Bronco nagurski watchlist. Preseason all conference

Maurice hurst 6'4 295 DT. Bednarik watchlist Walter camp watch list. Bronco nagurski watchlist. Preseason all conference

Bryan Mone 6'4 315 NT. Polynesian trophy watchlist. Preseason all conference.

Chase Winovich 6'3 255 WDE. Preseason all conference.
Florida Oline will be Swiss cheese for a full 4 quarters.
Devin bush. 6'0 240
Mike McCray 6'3 245

Michigan defensive line is bigger and faster than what you bring to the field. You have 1 DL over 6'3 as it's listed. Your nose tackle is a short fat 300lb umpa Lumpa.

In addition Michigan brought in a new coach (Greg Frey) to specifically coach Offensive Tackles and Tight Ends. Frey had been the Oline coach at Indiana and before that was the Oline coach at Michigan under Rich Rod. Harbaugh was impressed with how Indiana was able to run against Michigan and OSU the last two years.

He is considered a great addition by Harbaugh who personally hired him to improve the Oline play. What this says is Michigan is targeting Offensive Line improvement as a priority. Have to wait to see if the results are positive but Harbaugh has been very pleased with what he sees so far.

Frey played Offensive Line at FSU in college.

Very good hire. But the reason Indiana ran is because of their spread system, not as much their OL coach. Harbaugh, like Saban did a few years back, needs to understand offense has evolved since 1850.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
These yappin' meat-chickens remind me of the schmuckeyes before our game with them. They claimed that the Gator's didn't even deserve to be in the game with them and their Heisman pretender QB. :rolleyes: And oh BTW, where was that game played? o_O

It was amazing how fast they all disappeared after getting their asses handed to them. We'll see how it goes in about 20 days..... :cool:
I prefer a more recent game against Florida to talk about. One where both teams had the same head coach as will be taking the field this year. Let me give you a hint. 41-7

You are HEAVILY delusional.

Just like most Michigan fans, you are looking at what you expect for the end of the year and carrying it back to game 1.

Your defense is predicated on assignment football. You can't be that aggressive unless everybody knows exactly what to do, because one player out of position equals 6 points. With 10 new starters, expect a lot of them to be out of position. They simply aren't used to playing together as a unit. I HOPE AND PRAY your defense comes out in full pressure mode, UF will drop 50 on you.

It is LAUGHABLE that you think you can come out with 20 new starters, a new kicker, new punter, new kick returner and new punt returner, and play lights out your first game. That is simply not how the world works.

And lets not forget that while Ann Arbor is lounging in the 70's every day, Florida and Texas are both rolling out 90-95 degree days. One team is going to be ready for the heat, and one is going to MELT. Care to guess which is which?

Florida by a minimum 20, I'm looking at 38-10.
Florida can't drop 50 in three games combined. Good try though.

Very good hire. But the reason Indiana ran is because of their spread system, not as much their OL coach. Harbaugh, like Saban did a few years back, needs to understand offense has evolved since 1850.
Harbaugh in fact brought in Frey to run some (not a complete change to zone read) zone blocking schemes similar to Indiana.

His offense faired well last time these teams played

Our starting D line will be one of the best college football.
Rashan Gary 6-5, 285 SDE. Bednarik watchlist, Walter camp watchlist. Bronco nagurski watchlist. Preseason all conference

Maurice hurst 6'4 295 DT. Bednarik watchlist Walter camp watch list. Bronco nagurski watchlist. Preseason all conference

Bryan Mone 6'4 315 NT. Polynesian trophy watchlist. Preseason all conference.

Chase Winovich 6'3 255 WDE. Preseason all conference.
Florida Oline will be Swiss cheese for a full 4 quarters.
Devin bush. 6'0 240
Mike McCray 6'3 245

Michigan defensive line is bigger and faster than what you bring to the field. You have 1 DL over 6'3 as it's listed. Your nose tackle is a short fat 300lb umpa Lumpa.

We have enough size I think.

Tedarrell Slaton DL 6-4 358

Kyree Campbell DT 6-3 305

Taven Bryan DL 6-4 291

Khairi Clark DL 6-1 315

Luke Ancrum DL 6-5 263

Jordan Sherit DL 6-4 254

And this has what to do with the conversation. And again, who GAS about these stupid bowl games. This is the first time we will meet in a meaningful game
What do you mean what does it have to do with the conversation? You said he needed to learn that offense has evolved. Last time the two teams played, his offense gashed your defense like it wasn't even there

I prefer a more recent game against Florida to talk about. One where both teams had the same head coach as will be taking the field this year. Let me give you a hint. 41-7

Recent games you say, well how about we take at look at 2016 games then?

November 12th 2016
Losers Michigan - 13 - 14 Iowa (+1)

January 2nd 2017
Winner Florida ----- 30 - 03 Iowa (-27)

Recent games you say, well how about we take at look at 2016 games then?

November 12th 2016
Losers Michigan - 13 - 14 Iowa (+1)

January 2nd 2017
Winner Florida ----- 30 - 03 Iowa (-27)
How many points did you get worked over for in that matchup with fsu?

How many points did you get worked over for in that matchup with fsu?

Is this what they teach you twits up north? When you don't want to address the other guys post, then just throw up more confetti like it's a Yankee ticker-tape parade.... :rolleyes: -- Okee-Dokee then,,, here-ya go...

How many NC's have the meatchickens won in this century?
The Gators already have 2 so far.... o_O

And oh BTW, how many times has Mich finished in the Top 10 for the Directors Cup? (being an old northern phootball factory, do you even know what it is?)

This thread isn't worth an ish anymore.

It basically goes like this.... Michigan and Florida had similar seasons last year. Florida returns a lot and Michigan is starting a ton of new players....all of the returnees for Florida suck...all of these new guys for Michigan are future first round draft picks. Michigan is going to win because they won the Hot Wing Bowl, a Blooming Onion Bowl and some other meaningless bowl game against us.

It basically goes like this.... Michigan and Florida had similar seasons last year. Florida returns a lot and Michigan is starting a ton of new players....all of the returnees for Florida suck...all of these new guys for Michigan are future first round draft picks. Michigan is going to win because they won the Hot Wing Bowl, a Blooming Onion Bowl and some other meaningless bowl game against us.

That does sound like Meatchicken logic in a nutshell, yes.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Is this what they teach you twits up north? When you don't want to address the other guys post, then just throw up more confetti like it's a Yankee ticker-tape parade.... :rolleyes: -- Okee-Dokee then,,, here-ya go...

How many NC's have the meatchickens won in this century?
The Gators already have 2 so far.... o_O

And oh BTW, how many times has Mich finished in the Top 10 for the Directors Cup? (being an old northern phootball factory, do you even know what it is?)
Yes Michigan is very familiar with the directors cup with 17 top 10 finishes. 12 of those being top 5 finishes.

SEc,SEC,SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT