ADVERTISEMENT

General Chatter & Off-season / Summer yappin'...

And massive loads of BS,,, is for those attempting to dodge the facts/stats... :cool:

2017 Bowls:

UA 24 - 6 Clemp's-son ACC-C - CFP in Sugar Bowl

UGly 54 - 48 Choke-la-homa Big12-C - CFP in Rose Bowl
The chokers were playing with the Heisman QB btw...

For the 2nd time, two SEC teams played for the NC. o_O
UA 26 - 23 UGly
No other conference has done so even once... :rolleyes:

SCa 26 - 19 Mich BigTen - Outback Bowl

MsSt 31 - 27 UL ACC - TaxSlayer Bowl

Two SECe and two SECw

And that was the SEC's worst bowl season in years, brought on by a bunch of coaching changes in the last couple of years. Plus many SEC teams will finish up a season running on (injury induced) fumes, due to playing each other in 8 games each year.
Last year UA played 9 SEC teams, while UGly played 10 SEC teams.

PS -- UA 24 - 7 FSUcks

And massive loads of BS,,, is for those attempting to dodge the facts/stats... :cool:

2017 Bowls:

UA 24 - 6 Clemp's-son ACC-C - CFP in Sugar Bowl

UGly 54 - 48 Choke-la-homa Big12-C - CFP in Rose Bowl
The chokers were playing with the Heisman QB btw...

For the 2nd time, two SEC teams played for the NC. o_O
UA 26 - 23 UGly
No other conference has done so even once... :rolleyes:

SCa 26 - 19 Mich BigTen - Outback Bowl

MsSt 31 - 27 UL ACC - TaxSlayer Bowl

Two SECe and two SECw

And that was the SEC's worst bowl season in years, brought on by a bunch of coaching changes in the last couple of years. Plus many SEC teams will finish up a season running on (injury induced) fumes, due to playing each other in 8 games each year.
Last year UA played 9 SEC teams, while UGly played 10 SEC teams.

PS -- UA 24 - 7 FSUcks

Haha playing Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Mizz and UF last yr(hate to throw them in but its true that you guys were horrible last yr, not that i have any room to talk, we were almost as bad) is playing an "SEC" team.... Playing "sec" teams does not impress me. Jus like playing fsu last yr with bama does not, we were garbage. Bama played 4 layups ooc. Then they were gifted a spot inthe playoff. They didnt win their conf or division.....yet won the NC? Makes zero logical sense.

Haha playing Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Mizz and UF last yr(hate to throw them in but its true that you guys were horrible last yr, not that i have any room to talk, we were almost as bad) is playing an "SEC" team.... Playing "sec" teams does not impress me. Jus like playing fsu last yr with bama does not, we were garbage. Bama played 4 layups ooc. Then they were gifted a spot inthe playoff. They didnt win their conf or division.....yet won the NC? Makes zero logical sense.
Well that’s the rules. UGA won the SEC and they didnt beat Bama. That’s the way it goes sometimes. Maybe Clemson should have beat Bama then if it makes zero sense. But Clemson got crushed and then Bama beat UGA. This is the system that is in place. Unfortunately the SEC was the best conference in the country again last year. They put 2 teams in the playoffs. Both those teams proceeded to win their semi-final game and we had 2 SEC teams in the championship game. Yes I know it wasn’t ideal but other teams had a chance to knock the SEC out and they didn’t so the SEC dominated again.

This is why they need to expand how many teams get in. I would be satisfied with 8 teams total then expand it to 12 later in the future. The game play has changed so much they need to expand how many get in. And nobody can say 110% sure that UCF wouldn’t have won it all. I’m a Gator fan all the way but I feel UCF was shafted because they have done everything the policies has asked them to do.

9-0 UGA 17 - 40 AU 7-2 (season)

11-1 UGA 28 - 7 AU 9-3 SEC-C
AU lost to 12-2 Clem, 9-4 LSU, 13-2 UGA, and 13-0 UCF in Peach Bowl.
(Note: UCF beat an up and down, 4 loss AU team, not UA or UGA)

12-1 UGA 54 - 48 Okla 12-1 CFP / Rose Bowl

13-1 UGA 23 - 26 UA 12-1 in CFP-C Game

#1 UA 13-1 (UA 24 - 6 Clemp's-son ACC-C in the CFP)
#2 UGA 13-1 (UGA 54-48 Okla Big12-C in the CFP)
-----
#3 UCF 13-0 - While playing an AAC chump SoS plus a 4 loss AU team.
UCF's big wins on their season, no team with more than 10 wins:
UCF 40-13 Memphis 10-3
UCF 49 - 42 USF 10-2
UCF 34 - 27 AU 9-4

I'm sorry, but the AAC teams are what the Power-5 teams are dissed on about playing 'patsy' opponents.
Just because a SMs or BSU or UCF can occasionally beat a decent Power-5 team, doesn't make them NC's.
And if any non-P-5 team has a beef, it's BSU not UCF, because BSU has been doing it year after year for a couple of decades now....

This leads me to saying again, split D-1 into 2 Divisions (64 teams each) and let each have their own NC.

CFP -- 8 Teams: The Conf-C from the Power-5, and then the 3 next highest ranked teams no matter where they are from, Conf-C's or not. (btw - this would have still put UGA and UA in the playoff in 2017)
==============

As to some criminole chump being afraid of the SEC,,, go tell that crap to Saint Bow-down... :rolleyes:
The ACC had 4 teams with 9 or more wins:
12-2 Clemps's-son (embarrassed by UA in CFP quarter-final)
10-3 scUM Mi-Am-I (they lost to 5-7 Pitt) :D then double-digit waxed by Wis) :D:D
9-4 VaTech - (Lost to OkSt in Camping World Bowl)
9-4 NCSt - (Beat 7-6 AzSt in Sun Bowl)
-----
6-7 Virgina
5-6 GaTech
5-7 Pitt
4-8 Syracuse
3-9 N.C.
========

13-1 UA NC
13-2 UGA Runner-up NC, / SEC-C
10-4 AU Runner-up SEC-C
-----
9-4 LSU - (LSU beat 10-4 SEC-C runner-up AU 27 - 23)
9-4 MsSt - (MsSt beat 9-4 LSU 37 - 7)
9-4 SCa - (SCa beat 9-4 NCSt 35 - 28)
-----
4-7 UF (1 weather cancel)
5-7 VU (Commies lost to UF)
4-8 TN (Vols lost to UF)
4-8 Ark (DNP)
-----
Note: 4-7 UF played 9 of 11 teams that finished with winning records.

FLASH -- 7-6 UK lost to 10-3 NW BigTen by 1 pt in the Music City Bowl (23-24).
4-7 UF beat UK 28-27... :p

Last edited:
That iG is full of crap on the QB's. I want a second 'qualified' opinion... :cool:

The guy with the 2017 UF starter experience,,, all through the Spring still couldn't get any separation from the 2 guys with no college starter experience. :rolleyes:

"I would not be surprised if Trask gets the nod."
-- said former Gator and NFL QB, Doug Johnson. :eek:

“Because if I’m the coach and I don’t see a clear (Spring) winner — and I didn’t see a clear winner — I would probably lean towards Trask because of the fact, to me, that he processes the field better. … Worst-case [scenario], it’s a dead-even heat with a guy who hasn’t even gained the game experience that the guy he’s competing against has. So, what’s he going to do when he gains that game experience?” o_O

:p iG :p

I think it's clear that right now we don't have an SEC caliber QB on the roster. The freshman is not yet ready and the 2 returning QB's were able to separate themselves from the pack. While I think overall conditioning, effort and coaching will be much improved, as will the WR and RB positions, we will only go as far as our QB will take us. I have no inside knowledge and have no clue how this will all pan out. I'm hoping one of the guys takes big strides over the summer and locks down the position early in fall camp. And I don't care at all who it is - I just want us to have a solid SEC-level QB.

While I do believe that they already have 1 or more SEC quality QB's on the roster.

In any 'fair' competition, I'm also fine with whichever one of those top 3 (or 4) can win the job with his performance. That said, I still believe that it's going to be Trask. And if it is Trask, I'd still be fine with Jones playing like Tebow did with Leak in 2006.

Spurrier proved that you can play 2 QB's and win in big games.
Meyer proved that you can play 2 QB's all season and win a NC.
I have no doubts that Mullen can do the same, in a game or for a season.... o_O

And I still believe that those Gators are going to 'lite-up' some opponents in the coming season.
I see them exceeding most peoples expectations moving forward. :cool:

While I do believe that they already have 1 or more SEC quality QB's on the roster.

In any 'fair' competition, I'm also fine with whichever one of those top 3 (or 4) can win the job with his performance. That said, I still believe that it's going to be Trask. And if it is Trask, I'd still be fine with Jones playing like Tebow did with Leak in 2006.

And I still believe that those Gators are going to 'lite-up' some opponents in the coming season.
Hope you're right.

‘Yo instant’ you have a Trask supporter :eek:

There's yet another fine example of what timely FLASH NEWS looks like,,, coming from a choked-twit with his head-nailed-to-da-flor.... :confused:

Moving right along.... :cool:

From 247Sports Composite:

#39 CB D.J. Turner *** - Suwanee, Ga
He only has a 3 star rating, but with this offer list in his pocket: o_O

SEC - UF-UA-AU-LSU-UGA-UK-MsSt-Ms-Miz-SCa-Tn-VU-(12)
Others - Cal-Clem-FSU-Mich-Neb-ND-OK-Ore-PSU-Stan-etc...
Currently with a total of 32 Offers.
~ The Coaches offers, or the Ratings, you make the call..... :rolleyes:

So, IF you want to buy into the 3 star rating, it's fine with me....
(but apparently there are a lot of top quality coaches that think they're FoS)
I certainly hope that he becomes another '3-Star-Dan' commit, but he is considered a Mich lean for now. :(

PS
Did Tim Tebow go in as an under-rated 1-2 star prospect for MLB?
IF so, then he's another of the 'so much for the ratings' example...

Entering play Wednesday, the former Florida QB and Heisman Trophy winner was batting .259 with 4 home runs and 18 RBIs in 32 games. He boasted a .339 on-base percentage, and his minor-league numbers were better than,,, a number of Top 100 prospects. o_O
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/tim-tebow-binghamton-secret-success-new-york-mets-minor-leagues

Well that’s the rules. UGA won the SEC and they didnt beat Bama. That’s the way it goes sometimes. Maybe Clemson should have beat Bama then if it makes zero sense. But Clemson got crushed and then Bama beat UGA. This is the system that is in place. Unfortunately the SEC was the best conference in the country again last year. They put 2 teams in the playoffs. Both those teams proceeded to win their semi-final game and we had 2 SEC teams in the championship game. Yes I know it wasn’t ideal but other teams had a chance to knock the SEC out and they didn’t so the SEC dominated again.

Maybe that extra week to prepare and not play helped. Bama had a huge advantage going into the playoff. They didnt even play a conf championahip game

This is why they need to expand how many teams get in. I would be satisfied with 8 teams total then expand it to 12 later in the future. The game play has changed so much they need to expand how many get in. And nobody can say 110% sure that UCF wouldn’t have won it all. I’m a Gator fan all the way but I feel UCF was shafted because they have done everything the policies has asked them to do.

Thats way too many. 6 teams at the most. Conference champions get priority. Conferences should be realigned as well. College football is a mess that only follows money, Bama gets a gift every yr.

Thats way too many. 6 teams at the most. Conference champions get priority. Conferences should be realigned as well. College football is a mess that only follows money, Bama gets a gift every yr.

CFP = 8 Teams, Five Power-5 Conf. Champs + the next 3 highest ranked.

Oh BTW, FSUcks has gotten an 'All Cupcake gift' for a really long time now.... :rolleyes:

A one loss UA has played in 2 NC games without winning the SEC-C.
Results:

SEC-C - 13-0 LSU 42 - 10 UGA 10-2
UA CFP-C - 12-1 UA 21 - 0 LSU 13-1
(FSU -- finished 9-4 while losing to 8-5 Va & 6-7 WF)

SEC-C - 12-1 UGA 28 - 7 AU 10-2
UA CFP-C - 13-1 UA 26 - 23 UGA 13-2
(UA 24 - 7 FSU -- finished 7-6 while losing to 7-6 BC)

Apparently a 1 loss SEC Bama deserved to be there both times... o_O

==========

As to Bama getting a gift EVERY YEAR,,,, then explain this 18 year reality for me... o_O

2014 - UA 12-2 - SEC-C, not NC

2013 - UA 11-2 - Not SEC-C or NC

2010 - UA 10-3

2007 - UA 7-6

2006 - UA 6-7 - Losing season

2005 - UA 10-2 - Not SEC-C or NC

2004 - UA 6-6

2003 - UA 4-9 - Losing season

2001 - UA 7-5

2000 - UA 3-8 - Losing season

CFP = 8 Teams, Five Power-5 Conf. Champs + the next 3 highest ranked.

Oh BTW, FSUcks has gotten an 'All Cupcake gift' for a really long time now.... :rolleyes:

A one loss UA has played in 2 NC games without winning the SEC-C.
Results:

SEC-C - 13-0 LSU 42 - 10 UGA 10-2
UA CFP-C - 12-1 UA 21 - 0 LSU 13-1
(FSU -- finished 9-4 while losing to 8-5 Va & 6-7 WF)

SEC-C - 12-1 UGA 28 - 7 AU 10-2
UA CFP-C - 13-1 UA 26 - 23 UGA 13-2
(UA 24 - 7 FSU -- finished 7-6 while losing to 7-6 BC)

Apparently a 1 loss SEC Bama deserved to be there both times... o_O

==========

As to Bama getting a gift EVERY YEAR,,,, then explain this 18 year reality for me... o_O

2014 - UA 12-2 - SEC-C, not NC

2013 - UA 11-2 - Not SEC-C or NC

2010 - UA 10-3

2007 - UA 7-6

2006 - UA 6-7 - Losing season

2005 - UA 10-2 - Not SEC-C or NC

2004 - UA 6-6

2003 - UA 4-9 - Losing season

2001 - UA 7-5

2000 - UA 3-8 - Losing season

Your post does not fit my narrative. So im going to ignore it :cool:

Over the past 10 yrs
Avg drop in rank of non SEC teams is 8.5.
Avg drop in rank of SEC teams is 6.5
Avg Drop in rank of bama 2...

If that is not favortism, i dont know what is

Eventually there will be an 8 team playoff. Then the only argument will be between the 8th and 9th team. The 5 P5 champs get in; then the highest ranked non-P5 team gets in and then the highest ranked 2 other teams. Seed them 1-8 and play the 1st round on the home field of the higher seed and the Final 4 just like they do now, using the major bowls. There will be resistance, but there's too many millions to be made adding the extra week and it WILL happen at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reactions: sadgator
If you dont win ur conference, you dont get to complain. However, it will turn into 5 conf champs, bama, and then 2bother teams. Bama will ALWAYS get a pass as long as Saban is there

Your post does not fit my prejudice. So im going to ignore it :cool:
(fixed that for ya) ;)

If that is not favortism, i dont know what is
(favoritism -- fixed that too) :D

What it is, is likely as simple as SoS, for both the SEC and for Bama. :p

(favoritism -- fixed that too) :D

What it is, is likely as simple as SoS, for both the SEC and for Bama. :p

Lol i know and SoS is a made up statistic. It is impossible to have a SoS with 120 teaks who only play 12 games.

Lol i know and SoS is a made up statistic. It is impossible to have a SoS with 120 teaks who only play 12 games.
teaks??? :confused: WTF??? :D And I believe it's actually 129 teaks in 2017.:cool:

Well, how about a solid un-made up stat then? :oops:

NCAA Football Champions:

2017 UA
2016 Clem, 14-1 UA runner-up
2015 UA

2014 tOSU - 12-2 UA runner-up
2013 FSUcks - 12-2 AU runner-up
2012 UA
2011 UA
2010 AU
2009 UA
2008 UF
2007 LSU
2006 UF
2005 LSU

Granted that UA has won 4 of the last 7 NC, they only won 1 of the 6 before that, which 3 other SEC teams (1-AU, 2-UF, 2-LSU) won.

For the past 13 consecutive years, an SEC team has either won the NC, or played for it, going 10-3 in those NC games. And that's with 4 different SEC teams in the winners circle. No other Conference is even in the ballpark with the SEC... o_O

Last edited:
I have noticed some recent articles talking about the quality passing QB's that UF will be facing in 2018. Besides UF's front 7 (3-4), those QB's might want to look carefully at the Gators back 4-5 in the secondary... o_O

2018 Cornerbacks:
Marco Wilson 6-0 177 So **** 5.9 - Freshman All SEC 1st Team
Backup & ST's - Brian Edwards 6-2 183 So **** - O&B 90 Yd Pic-6
CJ Henderson 6-1 186 So **** - Freshman All SEC 2nd Team
Backup - Trey Dean 6-2 181 Fr **** 5.9 - EE monster

2018 Safeties:
FS Chauncey Gardner-Johnson 6-0 207 Jr **** 6.0 (Fr Outback MVP)
Backup FS Jeawon Taylor 6-0 206 Jr ***
SS Quincy Lenton 5-11 205 rsSo ***
Backup SS/Nic Donovan Stiner 6-1 198 So *** 5.7
Backups:
Nic/FS Brad Stewart 6-0 191 So ****
DB/ST Shawn Davis 5-11 191 So ***
-----
SS/Nic/OLB Amari Burney 6-1 224 Fr **** - EE beast FNG
DB Jonathan Huggins 6-1 198 Fr ****

Most can play multiple DB position, with more quality depth behind those that are listed. I expect some shifting around on the starter / depth chart by the end of Fall practice, and most of them are likely to play in the rotation during the season.

Last edited:
teaks??? :confused: WTF??? :D And I believe it's actually 129 teaks in 2017.:cool:

Well, how about a solid un-made up stat then? :oops:

NCAA Football Champions:

2017 UA
2016 Clem, 14-1 UA runner-up
2015 UA

2014 tOSU - 12-2 UA runner-up
2013 FSUcks - 12-2 AU runner-up
2012 UA
2011 UA
2010 AU
2009 UA
2008 UF
2007 LSU
2006 UF
2005 LSU

Granted that UA has won 4 of the last 7 NC, they only won 1 of the 6 before that, which 3 other SEC teams (1-AU, 2-UF, 2-LSU) won.

For the past 13 consecutive years, an SEC team has either won the NC, or played for it, going 10-3 in those NC games. And that's with 4 different SEC teams in the winners circle. No other Conference is even in the ballpark with the SEC... o_O

Looks to me like favortism. The SEC for awhile had the best team and the best cobference. Since Bama, the SEC is so bad, they let Bama go on a historical run. Similar to the All Cupcake Confernece and FSU back in the 90s, similar to USC and Pac 12..... They have been an embarrassment to allow Bama to run rampant thru them the past 8 yrs or so. I would feel ashamed

Google this kid trent whittemore they need to change him to an athlete and throw him another star kid gots a lot of upside

Looks to me like favortism. The SEC for awhile had the best team and the best cobference. Since Bama, the SEC is so bad, they let Bama go on a historical run. Similar to the All Cupcake Confernece and FSU back in the 90s, similar to USC and Pac 12..... They have been an embarrassment to allow Bama to run rampant thru them the past 8 yrs or so. I would feel ashamed
The SEC just wins a bunch of national titles. Bama, UF, Auburn and LSU have all won a national title in the last decade and UGA played in one. No other conference even comes close to that. I know it is frustrating that no other conference has 3-4 teams that has won a title in the last 10-15 year.

The SEC just wins a bunch of national titles. Bama, UF, Auburn and LSU have all won a national title in the last decade and UGA played in one. No other conference even comes close to that. I know it is frustrating that no other conference has 3-4 teams that has won a title in the last 10-15 year.

Its ez when u r gifted a spot every yr

Reactions: nail1988
[QUOTE="fsu939913, post: 1271181, member: 37199"]Its ez when u r gifted a spot every yr[/QUOTE]

Well, isn't that why Saint Blobby Bowdown took FSUcks into the All Cupcakes instead of trying to compete in the best conference in the nation??? o_O

FSUcks played 2 teams all season with 10+ wins, and one was 10-4 Dukie. :oops:
They also played these power-house teams:
4-8 Nev - D2 Beth-da-Cook - 3-9 NCSt - 4-8 WF - 1-11 Idaho.
Along with the usual also-rans:
7-6 Pitt - 7-6 BC - 7-6 Mary - 7-6 Syr.
Talk about getting the perpetual 'FREE-RIDE' to a NC game.... :rolleyes:

But there is a draw-back to playing that kind of yearly schedule,,, eventually it catches up with you... :cool:

Cupcake 13-0 FSU 20 - 59 Ore 13-1 (+39) :eek:
13-1 tOSU 42 - 20 Ore 13-1 (-22) :D
The cupcakes and the LAC 12 seem to have a lot in common... ;)

NC 14-1 tOSU

Last edited:
Its ez when u r gifted a spot every yr
That would make more sense if they weren’t winning but why do you think SEC teams get spots? Because they keep winning them. The SEC has had 4 different teams win a national title in the last decade and 1 other team in the national title game. No other conference is even close. Kind of hard to argue against that type of success.

That would make more sense if they weren’t winning but why do you think SEC teams get spots? Because they keep winning them. The SEC has had 4 different teams win a national title in the last decade and 1 other team in the national title game. No other conference is even close. Kind of hard to argue against that type of success.

They had an 8 yr run where the SEC was very strong and much stronger than any other conference. The past 5 yrs, thta has not been the case. Bama has been the only good team(except for UGA last yr). Now Bama has 2 title contenders. However, Bama has won the nation title 5 times and only once were they undefeated. They didnt always lose to great teams either. Just teams that could throw the ball. Bama has the best front 7 everand the SEC has been so horrible at throwing the ball they almost ahd no chance to lose. Anytime they played a team who could pass, they got lit up. Dont get me wrong, bama has been a great team but they shoukd only have 2 of those titles. They get the benefit of the doubt everytime even when they didnt earn it

[QUOTE="fsu939913, post: 1271181, member: 37199"]Its ez when u r gifted a spot every yr

Well, isn't that why Saint Blobby Bowdown took FSUcks into the All Cupcakes instead of trying to compete in the best conference in the nation??? o_O

FSUcks played 2 teams all season with 10+ wins, and one was 10-4 Dukie. :oops:
They also played these power-house teams:
4-8 Nev - D2 Beth-da-Cook - 3-9 NCSt - 4-8 WF - 1-11 Idaho.
Along with the usual also-rans:
7-6 Pitt - 7-6 BC - 7-6 Mary - 7-6 Syr.
Talk about getting the perpetual 'FREE-RIDE' to a NC game.... :rolleyes:

But there is a draw-back to playing that kind of yearly schedule,,, eventually it catches up with you... :cool:

Cupcake 13-0 FSU 20 - 59 Ore 13-1 (+39) :eek:
13-1 tOSU 42 - 20 Ore 13-1 (-22) :D
The cupcakes and the LAC 12 seem to have a lot in common... ;)

NC 14-1 tOSU[/QUOTE]

To be fair to bowden, he tried to get us in the sec...the gates voted no lol It was good that we got in the ACC tho, similar to the sec and bama now, it was just ez pickins. Now the ACC is loaded with good teams.

They had an 8 yr run where the SEC was very strong and much stronger than any other conference. The past 5 yrs, thta has not been the case. Bama has been the only good team(except for UGA last yr).

Glad to see a criminole admit that their 2013 was undeserved,,, because they won it against a team that wasn't any good.... :cool:

2013 14-0 FSUcks - 12-2 AU
-----

And who did the 'always deserving criminoles' beat to get to the 2013 NC game? o_O

D-2 Beth-da-Cook
1-11 Idaho
3-9 NCSt
4-8 Nev
4-8 WF
4-8 UF
-----
7-6 Pitt
7-6 BC
7-6 Mary
7-6 Syr

But hey, they had to beat Mighty Power-House 10-4 Dukie in the ACC-C.
It was a very close win for them too,,, :rolleyes: FSUcks 45 - 7 Dukie

FSUcks 34 - 31 AU (-3) Rose Bowl NC
LSU 35 - 21 AU (-14)
Proving that 10-3 LSU should have played for the NC instead of 'not-good' AU,,, :confused::confused::confused: -- marvelous... :cool:

Glad to see a criminole admit that their 2013 was undeserved,,, because they won it against a team that wasn't any good.... :cool:

2013 14-0 FSUcks - 12-2 AU
-----

And who did the 'always deserving criminoles' beat to get to the 2013 NC game? o_O

D-2 Beth-da-Cook
1-11 Idaho
3-9 NCSt
4-8 Nev
4-8 WF
4-8 UF
-----
7-6 Pitt
7-6 BC
7-6 Mary
7-6 Syr

But hey, they had to beat Mighty Power-House 10-4 Dukie in the ACC-C.
It was a very close win for them too,,, :rolleyes: FSUcks 45 - 7 Dukie

FSUcks 34 - 31 AU (-3) Rose Bowl NC
LSU 35 - 21 AU (-14)
Proving that 10-3 LSU should have played for the NC instead of 'not-good' AU,,, :confused::confused::confused: -- marvelous... :cool:

"Team of destiny" according to SEC fans...i wanted bam that yr. Not some scrub team that knew our plays and we still beat

They had an 8 yr run where the SEC was very strong and much stronger than any other conference. The past 5 yrs, thta has not been the case. Bama has been the only good team(except for UGA last yr). Now Bama has 2 title contenders. However, Bama has won the nation title 5 times and only once were they undefeated. They didnt always lose to great teams either. Just teams that could throw the ball. Bama has the best front 7 everand the SEC has been so horrible at throwing the ball they almost ahd no chance to lose. Anytime they played a team who could pass, they got lit up. Dont get me wrong, bama has been a great team but they shoukd only have 2 of those titles. They get the benefit of the doubt everytime even when they didnt earn it
I don’t see what difference it makes if a team goes undefeated or not. What does that have to do with anything? The fact is in the last decade 4 different SEC programs (Bama/UF/LSU/Auburn) have won a national title and a 5th SEC program (UGA) played in a national title game. No other conference is even close. I agree with you that it would be better for college football if another conference could do as good as the SEC or show that they have multiple strong programs in their conference. That just hasn’t been the case to this point.

I don’t see what difference it makes if a team goes undefeated or not. What does that have to do with anything? The fact is in the last decade 4 different SEC programs (Bama/UF/LSU/Auburn) have won a national title and a 5th SEC program (UGA) played in a national title game. No other conference is even close. I agree with you that it would be better for college football if another conference could do as good as the SEC or show that they have multiple strong programs in their conference. That just hasn’t been the case to this point.

Becuz every yr that they had a 1 loss team another conference also had a 1 loss team but because the SEC team was put in over the other team they had a chance to win. Think about this, bama has won the NC twice without evwn winning their division. No other team has been to the NC game EVER without winning their CONFERENCE. They didnt even win their division lol. Imagine a workd where bama doesnt get those 2 shots? Where a TWO loss LSU did not get a shot. I cant say anything about the Gates championships, to me they were 2 of the most legitimate. The SEC has all these titles and you are correct about that but they are tainted to me becuz of the favortism shown to their conference because their conference makes the most money. Look at my stats about how far in the rankingd sec teams drop after a loss vs any other conf. Bama hardly drops at all. At face value, the SEC had a great run but they were given every single chance. Sure they made the most of those chances but how does bama go to the NC in a yr where they lose to lsu at home, then dont win their division or conf....I believe it was OK st who also had 1 loss in triple overtime in an away game. Must of had "game control"(another term created to help sec teams)

Becuz every yr that they had a 1 loss team another conference also had a 1 loss team but because the SEC team was put in over the other team they had a chance to win. Think about this, bama has won the NC twice without evwn winning their division. No other team has been to the NC game EVER without winning their CONFERENCE. They didnt even win their division lol. Imagine a workd where bama doesnt get those 2 shots? Where a TWO loss LSU did not get a shot. I cant say anything about the Gates championships, to me they were 2 of the most legitimate. The SEC has all these titles and you are correct about that but they are tainted to me becuz of the favortism shown to their conference because their conference makes the most money. Look at my stats about how far in the rankingd sec teams drop after a loss vs any other conf. Bama hardly drops at all. At face value, the SEC had a great run but they were given every single chance. Sure they made the most of those chances but how does bama go to the NC in a yr where they lose to lsu at home, then dont win their division or conf....I believe it was OK st who also had 1 loss in triple overtime in an away game. Must of had "game control"(another term created to help sec teams)
But nobody beat the SEC in all those games. You can say there is bias or it wasn’t fair or deserved but then that particular SEC team won the national title. If it wasn’t deserved then how come nobody else beat them when it really mattered?

Is the SEC just lucky to have 4 different national title winning football programs in the last decade? No other conference has more than 2 I don’t believe.

But nobody beat the SEC in all those games. You can say there is bias or it wasn’t fair or deserved but then that particular SEC team won the national title. If it wasn’t deserved then how come nobody else beat them when it really mattered?

Is the SEC just lucky to have 4 different national title winning football programs in the last decade? No other conference has more than 2 I don’t believe.

The yr i referred to only 2 sec teams were in it. So no matter what, they won. This past yr, 2 sec teams were in out of 4. That is a tremendous advantage. Yes they won, but the best team doesnt always win. Take bama last yr, they got an extra weeks rest/preparation/scouting becuz they didnt even play in championship game. That is unfair. You keep bringing up the 4 teams, which is cool and ive already admitted that there was an 8 yr stretch where the sec was the best hands down by a long shot so not sure why u keep bringing that up and im guessing the morons who make the decisions still bring that up as well(perception is reality, reality is not relaity). Reality is the sec has been 2nd or 3rd over the past 5 yrs. Take bama out and they are dead last out of power 5. Last yr UGA would have bumped them up. UGA looks to be a beast next yr as well. Im jus being realistic, they got the benefit of the doubt way to many times. Way to many. I cant believe that you are not mad about it. Bama has skated by and took your recruits becuz of this same perception/favortism.... Its getting hard to watch for me. Im in no way saying bama was not a fine team, they were a top 10 team for sure but i refuse to call them the NC when they werent even the champs of their own division, not conference, division.

The yr i referred to only 2 sec teams were in it. So no matter what, they won. This past yr, 2 sec teams were in out of 4. That is a tremendous advantage. Yes they won, but the best team doesnt always win. Take bama last yr, they got an extra weeks rest/preparation/scouting becuz they didnt even play in championship game. That is unfair. You keep bringing up the 4 teams, which is cool and ive already admitted that there was an 8 yr stretch where the sec was the best hands down by a long shot so not sure why u keep bringing that up and im guessing the morons who make the decisions still bring that up as well(perception is reality, reality is not relaity). Reality is the sec has been 2nd or 3rd over the past 5 yrs. Take bama out and they are dead last out of power 5. Last yr UGA would have bumped them up. UGA looks to be a beast next yr as well. Im jus being realistic, they got the benefit of the doubt way to many times. Way to many. I cant believe that you are not mad about it. Bama has skated by and took your recruits becuz of this same perception/favortism.... Its getting hard to watch for me. Im in no way saying bama was not a fine team, they were a top 10 team for sure but i refuse to call them the NC when they werent even the champs of their own division, not conference, division.
How did Bama get an extra week to scout or prepare when they didn’t even know if they would be in the top 4? Correct me If I’m wrong but aren’t the top 4 selected after the conference championship games? Bama didn’t even know if they would be in and they certainly didn’t know who they would play. That comment makes zero sense.

I don’t like Bama as much as the next guy and I certainly don’t pull for them to do well but over the last decade or so the SEC has just dominated college football. I agree it’s not good for college football for 1 conference to dominate like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT