ADVERTISEMENT

General Chatter & Off-season / Summer yappin'...

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Pick your own Gator subject and then have at it.... o_O

2018 WR's by Class:

09. WR Dre Massey 5-9 186 rsSr (JuCo)
87. WR Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr - EE Fr All SEC (Ms xfer, needs waiver)
89. WR Tyrie Cleveland 6-2 205 Jr
16. WR Freddie Swain 6-0 194 Jr
10. WR Josh Hammond 6-1 187 Jr
83. WR Rick Wells 6-0 202 rsSo
-----

17. WR Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 So (Ath/RB/QB/KR - Human Joystick)
18. WR Daquon Green 6-1 195 So (UK & Miz, 0 catches)
81. WR Trevon Grimes 6-4 202 So - EE (tOSU xfer, needs waiver)
??. WR Jacob Copeland 6-0 192 Fr - UA-AA, Pensacola, FL (summer)

~ IF nobody leaves early for the NFL, everyone except rsSr Massey can be back for 2019.

2018 WR's by ESPN Stars - Grade

Grimes - 4-86
Copeland - 4-86
Cleveland - 4-85
Hammond - 4-83
Green - 4-83
-----
Swain - 4-82
Jefferson - 4-82
Massey - 4-81
Wells - 4-80
Toney - 4-80

2018 WR's by Height
6-4 Grimes
6-2 Cleveland
6-2 Jefferson
6-1 Hammond
6-1 Green
-----
6-0 Swain
6-0 Wells
6-0 Copeland
5-11 Toney
5-9 Massey
=========

Only 2 WR's that were in the Top Half of all 3 Categories:
Cleveland - 6-2 Jr 4-85 -- 19.7 yds/rec - L-98 Yds
Hammond - 6-1 Jr 4-83 -- 13.2 yds/rec - L-53 Yds
~ Stephens - 6-4 rsSr 4-82 -- 22.1 yds/rec. L-63 Yds & Academic Honor Roll

This was mostly just a WR exercise in limited statistical futility.... :rolleyes:

Strange trivia note: IF they aren't going to play Stephens at TE, then maybe they should return him to his HS position at WR, because he could then join Cleveland and Hammond in the Top WR categories. :cool:

HS #27 WR Moral Stephens Fr 6-3 200 - 4-82
UF Bio TE Moral Stephens rsSr 6-4 251 - SEC Academic Honor Roll (no-dummy)
Career - 28 GP - Reserve TE, but mostly ST's, only 3 starts were in 2017.
Receptions - 7 for 155 yds, 22.1 yds/rec, L-63 yds (without the L-63, still 15.3 yds/rec)
Offers: UF - Ark, UGA - Clem, FSU, Mia, tOSU etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: slnole93
The Gator's have the deepest and highest quality RB Corp in the SEC, Top 3 in the Nation,,,, IMOHO. :cool:

25. RB Jordan Scarlett 5-11 206 rsJr (2016 5.0 ypc)
22. RB Lamical Perine 5-11 218 Jr (4.6 ypc -short yardage & +receiver+)
20. RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 So (6.7 ypc, Fred Taylor Fr #'s before injury)
32. RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 So (late spark, 7.1 ypc)
29. RB Dameon Pierce 5-11 208 Fr - EE (HS 9.1 ypc, 6,779 Yds)
24. RB Iverson Clement 5-11 199 Fr - EE (HS 7.2 ypc, WR/KR/FS)

How I see their output in the 2018 season, just my own W-a-G... ;)
(and predicated to Davis full and 100% healthy return, with no others injured)

1. Davis
2. Perine
3. Pierce
4-5. Scarlett and/or Lemons
6. Clement - A likely red-shirt, or maybe a S/T's kick returner?

Last edited:
Florida will be 5-0 heading into the game with LSU...

Absolutely no way. UT has a talent edge and are most likely better coaches at this point. Miss St wants revenge. At best you split those two before LSU.

Fsu RB's are better than the Gators Running backs....altho the gates running backs are pretty good

If Malik Davis never got hurt I would say UF has the best RBs in the state.

th

Thanks Dale.

Who do the Gators add to their DB-U string of NFL secondary success?

#2 CB Derek Stingley Jr. 6-1 193 ***** - Baton Rouge, LA (247 - 25/50) (LSU Lean)

#3 CB Akeem Dent 6-0 176 ***** - W.Palm Beach, FL (247 - 30/50) (FSU Commit)

The Gators only recruiting disadvantage, is their current roster of talented young DB's.
The Gator 2018 likely starting CB's are talented guys that came in ranked as 4 stars.
Soph Wilson was a Fr 1st Team All SEC, and Soph Henderson was a Fr 2nd Team All SEC.

The advantage is UF just sent 12 players to the NFL, 5 drafted and 7 F/A signings.
Among those 12 were 2 DB's drafted and 2 more signed as F/A's.
~ The Gator s are projected to have a UF record number of NFL draft picks in 2019.
The UF to the NFL revolving door, is open to any recruit that works for and earns it....

Besides the 5 stars with interest, there are a boat load of top quality 4 stars giving the Gators a hard look. Any Gator's with guesses on who Dan signs for the 2019 secondary?

In such a short time, the Snodd-Slong has already earned his place on the village idiot ignored list. He should really begin to suck-up to the circle of jerks and beg to be their latest pivot point...

Reactions: fsu939913
Fsu RB's are better than the Gators Running backs....altho the gates running backs are pretty good
Easy to claim, but let's see their stats like what I put up for the Gator RB's. Otherwise, I'll take your comment as just more criminole 'whistling past the Gatoryard'... :cool:

Last edited:
Nobody but the media-morons say that Burrow is 'linked to Gator fooball' for 2018. :rolleyes:
Then 1-2 fans picked it up and ran up a 'Blind Alligator Alley' with their tripe... o_O
My (iG) attempt to set the record straight on this non-issue... :cool:

#9 QB-DT Joe Burrow 6-3 215 **** 80 - Athens, OH (2015 tOSU - 298/300 ESPN)
Offers: tOSU - IoSt, Mary, NCSt, WVa, Cin, Toledo, C-Mich, E-Mich, W-Mich, ECa.
Zero offers from any SEC school.... If he's 3rd best at tOSU, UF doesn't need him.

Before I'd give Burrow the QB job at UF, I'd give it to an SEC proven talent like Toney.
#25 QB-DT/Ath Kadarius Toney Soph 5-11 194 **** 80 - Prichard, AL
Offers: UF - UA, SCa - GaTech. USF, WF. Tulane, S.AL. CosCa.

#16 QB-PP Jake Allen 6-3 200 **** 80 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL (xfer-out for playing time)
Offers: UF - Miami, Iowa, UCF, FAU, NCSt, Pitt, Rut, WF, Cincy, ColoSt.

Sorry, but 2x FL 7A State Champ Jake Allen was/is a better QB for UF than Burrow....

Burrow's best bet, IF he even leaves tOSU, is to go to Frost at Neb.
-----

And this morning Tues. May 8th, I see that Dan has said that he's not looking for a Grad-xfer QB.
Monday May 7th by Matt Baker - From the Polk Co.(Lakeland) Gator Club meeting:
"We're not really looking at it," Mullen said before a speech to the Polk County Gator Club. "I feel pretty good about the guys we have, the depth that we're creating at that position, the competition at that position." -- Mullen said. "I don't think we'll take one." (already 3 ship QB's on roster)
So, Thank-You Dan... iG

Mullen turned the spring game into more of an event to entertain fans than a true evaluation of his QB's. August will be a different story, but as far as Mullen is concerned, what the QB's are doing in these next few months will be every bit as important.

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/05/daily-football-fix-trask-fits-in-ufs-offense/

=============

No updates on eligibility of Jefferson or Grimes, NCAA waivers are still pending. The WR 'icing' has not yet been applied,,, but the 'cake' is still there and ready to go...

One ambitious goal Mullen set in recruiting: Have his 10 assistant coaches hit every high school in the state. There are more than 70 in the Tampa Bay area alone. But consider that a sign of how committed Mullen is to recruiting this talent-rich state. o_O

#2 CB Stingley's Top 3 - LSU - UF - TX
Knocked out of his previous Top 6 were: UGly,:p Meatchickens, and Stan's-ford.
Florida was able to cement itself as a finalist last month. Stingley attended the Gators’ spring game and said the visit “bumped them up higher” on his leaderboard. “It was a nice spring game and there wasn’t a point during the day that I was bored,” Stingley told SEC Country. “I just like the environment. I mean, that was a spring game and it was still loud. I was just trying to imagine for a full game with over 90,000 people.”

Instant, this should send you to the 12th planet :D

3* Dan looking at QB grad transfer ?:eek::eek:

Nobody but the media-morons say that Burrow is 'linked to Gator fooball' for 2018. :rolleyes:

Another demonstration of why they nailed-his-head-to-da-flor. o_O
Always incorrect and/or behind the times (plus a MadDog suckup), and apparently he can't even read the post just before his usual drivel... :cool:

And this morning Tues. May 8th, I see that Dan has said that he's not looking for a Grad-xfer QB. o_O

Monday May 7th by Matt Baker
- From the Polk Co.(Lakeland) Gator Club meeting: :cool:

"We're not really looking at it," Mullen said before a speech to the Polk County Gator Club. "I feel pretty good about the guys we have, the depth that we're creating at that position, the competition at that position." -- Mullen said. "I don't think we'll take one." (already 3 ship QB's on roster)
So, Thank-You Dan... iG

Another demonstration of why they nailed-his-head-to-da-flor. o_O
Always incorrect and/or behind the times (plus a MadDog suckup), and apparently he can't even read the post just before his usual drivel... :cool:

And this morning Tues. May 8th, I see that Dan has said that he's not looking for a Grad-xfer QB. o_O

Monday May 7th by Matt Baker
- From the Polk Co.(Lakeland) Gator Club meeting: :cool:

So, Thank-You Dan... iG

Looks like a little damage control from 3* Dan :eek::cool:

Looks.... o_O

What you usually see with your head tucked up in that warm dark place... :confused:

Choker QB: He's undersized, but he's ass-draggin' slow to make up for it.... :cool:
Spencer Rattler 6-1 173 4.88/40 **** Top 300 (slow and puny)
Offers: OK -
UA, UK, TN, aTm -- Az, Mia, MichSt, ND, TX, UCLA. 16 Total.

Gator QB: He's bigger, stronger, and much faster. :p
Jalon Jones 6-4 203 4.45/40 **** Top 300
Offers: UF -
UA, MsSt, MS, Tn -- tOSU, Ore, NCSt, Va, VaT, UCLA, 16 Total.

Last edited:
Looks.... o_O

What you usually see with your head tucked up in that warm dark place... :confused:

Choker QB: He's undersized, but he's ass-draggin' slow to make up for it.... :cool:
Spencer Rattler 6-1 173 4.88/40 **** Top 300 (slow and puny)
Offers: OK -
UA, UK, TN, aTm -- Az, Mia, MichSt, ND, TX, UCLA. 16 Total.

Gator QB: He's bigger, stronger, and much faster. :p
Jalon Jones 6-4 203 4.45/40 **** Top 300
Offers: UF -
UA, MsSt, MS, Tn -- tOSU, Ore, NCSt, Va, VaT, UCLA, 16 Total.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*Rattler 4* ranked # 35 in rivals :cool: :cool:6’2 185 :eek:

*Jones 3* ( 3* Dan ):D not ranked :eek: 6’3 200

Yeah, you keep right on depending on that rivals (underwear camp $$) rankings, while you try to ignore their offers list and their Ht/Wt/40... LMFAO at the head-nailed-to-da-flor circle jerker... :D
=========

Moving right alone with Gator stuff, instead of wasting time on a Choke-la-homo troll... :cool:

One of the biggest concerns heading into the spring apparently has already been alleviated only six practices in. Depth at linebacker. The Florida Gators now seem to have it. At least that’s LB's coach Christian Robinson’s take on it, and he should know. When asked what the strength of the linebacker group is, he didn’t hesitate.

“It’s depth,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of guys. … I’ve never had this big of a group in anywhere I’ve dealt with. I have three racks of guys that can actually play right now and you know we’ve got some other (FNG's) guys coming in this summer."

“We’re going to have depth and be able to play a lot of guys. In order to play in the national championship you’ve got to be able to make it there and you can’t get worn down late in the season.”

ILB Kylan Johnson 6-2 236 rsJr
LB Rashad Jackson 6-0 217 rsJr
ILB David Reese 6-1 239 Jr
LB Vosean Joseph 6-1 227 Jr
LB Jeremiah Moon 6-6 228 rsSo
LB Nick Smith 6-1 213 rsFr (injured 2017)
LB Lacedrick Brunson 6-1 229 rsFr
LB James Houston IV 6-1 226 rsFr (K-9)
LB Ventrell Miller 5-11 222 rsFr (K-9)
LB/SS Amari Burney 6-1 224 Fr
LB David Reese 6-2 213 Fr
That's 11 guys that could return next season, although I expect a couple of them will leave early for the NFL draft. Plus several W-O's, a couple that are good enough to play if needed.

Then with the new 3-4 defense, a few more might play at OLB.
DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson 6-1 242 Sr (injured shoulder Spring, but back by Fall)
DE/OLB Jabari Zuniga 6-3 246 rsJr
DE/OLB Jachai Polite 6-2 260 Jr
DE/OLB Andrew Chatfield 6-2 221 Fr (summer)
? TE/OLB Dante Lang 6-5 220 Fr (summer)

Yeah, you keep right on depending on that rivals (underwear camp $$) rankings, while you try to ignore their offers list and their Ht/Wt/40... LMFAO at the head-nailed-to-da-flor circle jerker... :D
=========

Moving right alone with Gator stuff, instead of wasting time on a Choke-la-homo troll... :cool:

One of the biggest concerns heading into the spring apparently has already been alleviated only six practices in. Depth at linebacker. The Florida Gators now seem to have it. At least that’s LB's coach Christian Robinson’s take on it, and he should know. When asked what the strength of the linebacker group is, he didn’t hesitate.

“It’s depth,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of guys. … I’ve never had this big of a group in anywhere I’ve dealt with. I have three racks of guys that can actually play right now and you know we’ve got some other (FNG's) guys coming in this summer."

“We’re going to have depth and be able to play a lot of guys. In order to play in the national championship you’ve got to be able to make it there and you can’t get worn down late in the season.”

ILB Kylan Johnson 6-2 236 rsJr
LB Rashad Jackson 6-0 217 rsJr
ILB David Reese 6-1 239 Jr
LB Vosean Joseph 6-1 227 Jr
LB Jeremiah Moon 6-6 228 rsSo
LB Nick Smith 6-1 213 rsFr (injured 2017)
LB Lacedrick Brunson 6-1 229 rsFr
LB James Houston IV 6-1 226 rsFr (K-9)
LB Ventrell Miller 5-11 222 rsFr (K-9)
LB/SS Amari Burney 6-1 224 Fr
LB David Reese 6-2 213 Fr
That's 11 guys that could return next season, although I expect a couple of them will leave early for the NFL draft. Plus several W-O's, a couple that are good enough to play if needed.

Then with the new 3-4 defense, a few more might play at OLB.
DE/OLB CeCe Jefferson 6-1 242 Sr (injured shoulder Spring, but back by Fall)
DE/OLB Jabari Zuniga 6-3 246 rsJr
DE/OLB Jachai Polite 6-2 260 Jr
DE/OLB Andrew Chatfield 6-2 221 Fr (summer)
? TE/OLB Dante Lang 6-5 220 Fr (summer)
Joe Burrow a viable option at Florida?
Maybe your son Joseph can suit up somewhere.
th

Thanks Dale.

Easy to claim, but let's see their stats like what I put up for the Gator RB's. Otherwise, I'll take your comment as just more criminole 'whistling past the Gatoryard'... :cool:

I go by the eye test more than stats but Cam Akers did break Dalvin Cooks freshman record. He is backed up by 2 five stars J. Patrick and khalan laborn who redshirted last yr.

To be fair, the Gators have a fine stable too

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I go by the eye test more than stats but Cam Akers did break Dalvin Cooks freshman record. He is backed up by 2 five stars J. Patrick and khalan laborn who redshirted last yr.

To be fair, the Gators have a fine stable too

You should prolly go with the stats, since they would be inflated by going against All Cupcake Conf defenses... ;) -- :D

FSU had 2 Fr that redshirted, while UF had 3 true Fr that played.
That means that they begin their 2nd year with experience, instead of just used and faded red shirts... :cool:

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 - 79 for 526, 6.7 ypc

KR/RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 - 19 for 136 yds, 7.2 ypc
But mostly as a KR until Davis injured, 14 for 315 yds, 22.5 yds/kr

Wildcat QB Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 - 14 for 120 yds, 8.6 ypc
Toney is now at WR, but he will still run some jet-sweep type plays.
Unlikely, but he could easily start at RB, IF they ever needed him too.

And that's not counting the 2 heavy-weight upperclassmen bruisers;

RB Perine 5-11 218 Jr - 4.6 ypc
Receiving - 19 for 242 yds, 12.7 yds/rec, 2 TD's

RB Scarlett 5-11 206 rsJr - 5.0 ypc

Under the FNG's tag:

RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Fr (6,779 yds, 92 TD's) o_O
He passed Herschel Walker on the GA HS Career Rushing Yards. list.

RB/WR/KR/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 193 Fr (a Davis/Toney clone)
He's so multi-talented that they will have to wait until Fall practice to decide where to play him. o_O

And there's a W-O (ST/RB Hopkins 5-8 178) that would likely start for a lot of the smaller D1 teams.

So that's 5 RB's with playing experience, PLUS 2 FNG's that would both be starters, if not for the 5 experienced guys in front of them. :eek:
To be FAIR, nobody in the Nation has that kind of depth with talent for 2018.

PS
Both Perine and Scarlett will likely leave early for the NFL next season, leaving some room for Trey Sanders to come in 2019 and make an impact on that fine NFL revolving door RB by committee. :D

You should prolly go with the stats, since they would be inflated by going against All Cupcake Conf defenses... ;) -- :D

FSU had 2 Fr that redshirted, while UF had 3 true Fr that played.
That means that they begin their 2nd year with experience, instead of just used and faded red shirts... :cool:

RB Malik Davis 5-11 194 - 79 for 526, 6.7 ypc

KR/RB Adarius Lemons 6-0 201 - 19 for 136 yds, 7.2 ypc
But mostly as a KR until Davis injured, 14 for 315 yds, 22.5 yds/kr

Wildcat QB Kadarius Toney 5-11 194 - 14 for 120 yds, 8.6 ypc
Toney is now at WR, but he will still run some jet-sweep type plays.
Unlikely, but he could easily start at RB, IF they ever needed him too.

And that's not counting the 2 heavy-weight upperclassmen bruisers;

RB Perine 5-11 218 Jr - 4.6 ypc
Receiving - 19 for 242 yds, 12.7 yds/rec, 2 TD's

RB Scarlett 5-11 206 rsJr - 5.0 ypc

Under the FNG's tag:

RB Dameon Pierce 5-10 207 Fr (6,779 yds, 92 TD's) o_O
He passed Herschel Walker on the GA HS Career Rushing Yards. list.

RB/WR/KR/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 193 Fr (a Davis/Toney clone)
He's so multi-talented that they will have to wait until Fall practice to decide where to play him. o_O

And there's a W-O (ST/RB Hopkins 5-8 178) that would likely start for a lot of the smaller D1 teams.

So that's 5 RB's with playing experience, PLUS 2 FNG's that would both be starters, if not for the 5 experienced guys in front of them. :eek:
To be FAIR, nobody in the Nation has that kind of depth with talent for 2018.

PS
Both Perine and Scarlett will likely leave early for the NFL next season, leaving some room for Trey Sanders to come in 2019 and make an impact on that fine NFL revolving door RB by committee. :D

I gave u stat too. Cam akers beat dalvin cooks freshman record. Jp and khalan are both 5 stars. Jp has been a great #2 for 3 yrs. khalan had a great spring game breaking a 91 yd td run. I think Akers puts us over the top for who has the better running backs. After that its a wash

Akers - No actual numbers.
5 Stars that were so good that they had to take a redshirt from your previous HC.
JP is a backup with a long 'spring game' TD. :oops:

Personally, I wouldn't trade you Soph M.Davis or even tFr Pierce for Akers.

I think our RB's are better than yours. o_O
You think yours are better than ours. :confused:
Surprise-surprise-surprise.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: fsu939913
QB Feleipe' Franks rsSo EE ~ A 4-7 W/L with 54%, 9 TD's to 8 Ints.
That's not the kind of 'experienced QB' that I want to hang on to...:rolleyes:
Franks was not a Fall arrival true Fr that was thrown to the wolves in 2017. He was a rsFr EE that should have been ready to go in 2017, instead of being a deer in the headlights. Most Gator fans see/know this... o_O

QB Kyle Trask rsSo EE -- Better than Franks in all 3 Spring games.
HS Jr-Sr - 73%., 17 TD's to 0 Ints.

QB Jake Allen rsFr - 2x FL 7A Champ with a 70+ completion %.

QB Emory Jones Fr EE (should be taking a red shirt unless forced by injuries)

QB Jalon Jones - EE Recruit in 2019

Sproles and Tony, along with a couple of others already on the roster, could play QB if it ever came to that...

IMO, the only way Dan takes a 2nd QB in 2019, is if another of the 1st 2 QB's xfer out between now and then, and even then it's doubtful. And it's too bad that rsFr Jake is leaving, instead of already failed rsSo Feleipe.... :cool:

Best Case 2019 -- KT rsJr - JA rsSo - EJ rsFr - JJ FR -- With all 4 having been early enrollees and taking 'seasoning' redshirts as freshmen.

QB Goal for iG is: 1 Quality QB that EE's in each class, and then takes a redshirt.
And PLEASE,,, NO MORE with somebody else's 'used-car' xfer QB's! :confused:

From Dan -- "Right now I think one of the things we have to do over the next 3-4 years is create some roster balance where we don’t have a mass exodus at this position in one season. I don’t like signing 2 QB's, to be honest with you, in the same class because you’re assuming one of them’s probably going to end up leaving or having to play a different position,” Mullen said. “I’ve never been in a position where we signed 2 QB's that were HS QB's in the same class and both of them stayed for 4 to 5 years. It hasn’t happened to me in my career. So you want to have that balance. Ideally every year, if everything worked perfect, you’d love to sign a QB, a RB, 1-2 TE's, 2-3 WR's, 3 OL'men, right? 3-4 DL'men, 2 LB's, 2 CB's, 2 S's, with a punter or a kicker, just to keep the roster balanced from one year to the next.”

Exactly Dan, and iG agrees 100% with that recruiting reasoning and goals.
For 2019 I'm hoping it's Trask rsJr- Emory So - Jalon Fr (too bad if rsSo JA is not there too)
With another quality QB recruit coming in the 2020 class.

Zach Abolverdi - UF Recruiting
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-gators-sign-2-quarterbacks

Note: Only 'talking-season' media-morons continue to yap about a 2018 xfer-QB coming to UF. :mad:
~ Dan's only mistake so far in iG's opinion: Letting JA xfer, instead dumping FF.
===========

Under the heading of JUS-DAMN!!!

Incoming Fr recruit, WR/CB Justin Watkins has had a teenager hissy-fit with his girlfriend, (no physical violence on her, just on her 'cheatin' phone), resulting in a misdemeanor trespass arrest of him for following her back to her HS parking lot.

Last edited:
QB Feleipe' Franks rsSo EE ~ A 4-7 W/L with 54%, 9 TD's to 8 Ints.
That's not the kind of 'experienced QB' that I want to hang on to...:rolleyes:
Franks was not a Fall arrival true Fr that was thrown to the wolves in 2017. He was a rsFr EE that should have been ready to go in 2017, instead of being a deer in the headlights. Most Gator fans see/know this... o_O

QB Kyle Trask rsSo EE -- Better than Franks in all 3 Spring games.
HS Jr-Sr - 73%., 17 TD's to 0 Ints.

QB Jake Allen rsFr - 2x FL 7A Champ with a 70+ completion %.

QB Emory Jones Fr EE (should be taking a red shirt unless forced by injuries)

QB Jalon Jones - EE Recruit in 2019

Sproles and Tony, along with a couple of others already on the roster, could play QB if it ever came to that...

IMO, the only way Dan takes a 2nd QB in 2019, is if another of the 1st 2 QB's xfer out between now and then, and even then it's doubtful. And it's too bad that rsFr Jake is leaving, instead of already failed rsSo Feleipe.... :cool:

Best Case 2019 -- KT rsJr - JA rsSo - EJ rsFr - JJ FR -- With all 4 having been early enrollees and taking 'seasoning' redshirts as freshmen.

QB Goal for iG is: 1 Quality QB that EE's in each class, and then takes a redshirt.
And PLEASE,,, NO MORE with somebody else's 'used-car' xfer QB's! :confused:

From Dan -- "Right now I think one of the things we have to do over the next 3-4 years is create some roster balance where we don’t have a mass exodus at this position in one season. I don’t like signing 2 QB's, to be honest with you, in the same class because you’re assuming one of them’s probably going to end up leaving or having to play a different position,” Mullen said. “I’ve never been in a position where we signed 2 QB's that were HS QB's in the same class and both of them stayed for 4 to 5 years. It hasn’t happened to me in my career. So you want to have that balance. Ideally every year, if everything worked perfect, you’d love to sign a QB, a RB, 1-2 TE's, 2-3 WR's, 3 OL'men, right? 3-4 DL'men, 2 LB's, 2 CB's, 2 S's, with a punter or a kicker, just to keep the roster balanced from one year to the next.”

Exactly Dan, and iG agrees 100% with that recruiting reasoning and goals.
For 2019 I'm hoping it's Trask rsJr- Emory So - Jalon Fr (too bad if rsSo JA is not there too)
With another quality QB recruit coming in the 2020 class.

Zach Abolverdi - UF Recruiting
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-gators-sign-2-quarterbacks

Note: Only 'talking-season' media-morons continue to yap about a 2018 xfer-QB coming to UF. :mad:
~ Dan's only mistake so far in iG's opinion: Letting JA xfer, instead dumping FF.
===========

Under the heading of JUS-DAMN!!!

Incoming Fr recruit, WR/CB Justin Watkins has had a teenager hissy-fit with his girlfriend, (no physical violence on her, just on her 'cheatin' phone), resulting in a misdemeanor trespass arrest of him for following her back to her HS parking lot.

Uh oh...:eek::eek:

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Akers - No actual numbers.
5 Stars that were so good that they had to take a redshirt from your previous HC.
JP is a backup with a long 'spring game' TD. :oops:

Personally, I wouldn't trade you Soph M.Davis or even tFr Pierce for Akers.

I think our RB's are better than yours. o_O
You think yours are better than ours. :confused:
Surprise-surprise-surprise.... :rolleyes:

I love you becuz of how much u love your team....Akers is the best rb in the state tho.

I live about 2 miles from the high school where Watkins was arrested. He's from Citra, a few miles north of Ocala, and previously attended Ocala Vanguard High School where the incident happened. But he played his senior season in Clermont at East Ridge HS, about 40 miles away. He had no business being on school grounds. His lack of judgment and self-control bothers me because it shows a character of selfishness that lacks discipline. This is a minor incident that will have minimal consequences. And maybe this is a one time thing where he learns a lesson and will be a model citizen and student/athlete from here on out. But that's not the way these things usually end up.

I love you becuz of how much u love your team....Akers is the best rb in the state tho.

I've been around long enough to remember when 'know it all' criminoles, tried to tell me that among the Smiths, Sammy was a better RB than little-slow Emmitt. :rolleyes:

Edit -- after a little research: ;)

This is what the Top RB at FSUcks looks like, against Cupcake defenses:

Cam Akers 5-11 213 Fr
Rushing 181 for 930 yds, 5.1 ypc, L-63, 7 TD's
Receiving 15 for 102 yds, 6.8 yds/rec, L-19, 0 TD's

Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr (in only 7 Gms, injured vs UGly)
Rushing 79 for 526 yds, 6.7 ypc, L-74 yds, 2 TD's (Perine 8 TD runs)
Receiving 7 for 58 yds, 8.3 yds/rec, L-20 yds, 0 TD's

So, now it becomes rather obvious :cool: why you just wanted to use your 'jaundiced homer eye-test,' instead of any actual season stats.

Then couple that with Davis having to get his yds on a weaker team (QB/OL) vs SEC defenses and it's not even close. o_O

Last edited:
Ocala, I'm only guessing here, but I'm betting that he is now 'officially' on Dan's short leash as far as discipline goes, even though he's not even at UF yet. o_O

Choices:
1) Straighten up and fly right. :)
OR
2) Continue on current path to self-destruction..... :(

All Gator fans are hoping for #1 I'm sure.... :cool:

I've been around long enough to remember when 'know it all' criminoles, tried to tell me that among the Smiths, Sammy was a better RB than little-slow Emmitt. :rolleyes:

Edit -- after a little research: ;)

This is what the Top RB at FSUcks looks like, against Cupcake defenses:

Cam Akers 5-11 213 Fr
Rushing 181 for 930 yds, 5.1 ypc, L-63, 7 TD's
Receiving 15 for 102 yds, 6.8 yds/rec, L-19, 0 TD's

Malik Davis 5-11 194 Fr (in only 7 Gms, injured vs UGly)
Rushing 79 for 526 yds, 6.7 ypc, L-74 yds, 2 TD's (Perine 8 TD runs)
Receiving 7 for 58 yds, 8.3 yds/rec, L-20 yds, 0 TD's

So, now it becomes rather obvious :cool: why you just wanted to use your 'jaundiced homer eye-test,' instead of any actual season stats.

Then couple that with Davis having to get his yds on a weaker team (QB/OL) vs SEC defenses and it's not even close. o_O

I dont believe the SEC had better defenses. I think the offenses were so bad that it made the defenses look good. Also Akers did that behind fsu's o line which at best threw look blocks all yr

I dont believe the SEC had better defenses. I think the offenses were so bad that it made the defenses look good. Also Akers did that behind fsu's o line which at best threw look blocks all yr
Do you mean like the Bama defense that made the Clemson offense look anemic?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Do you mean like the Bama defense that made the Clemson offense look anemic?

Sec does not equal bama. I know a lot of SEC fans think this because the rest of the conference has sucked and they have to hang their hat on something. Clemson had a bad offense last yr. The yr before that clemson tuned bama up for 600 yds and 45 points.

Sec does not equal bama. I know a lot of SEC fans think this because the rest of the conference has sucked and they have to hang their hat on something. Clemson had a bad offense last yr. The yr before that clemson tuned bama up for 600 yds and 45 points.
For one you didnt say anything about the 2016 season so not sure what that has to do with this past season. Didn’t the national title game have 2 SEC teams represented this past season? Yep the SEC sucked this year. How did they manage to get 2 teams in the national title game when it sucks so bad? LOL.

You also said the SEC offenses were bad and that is why the defenses looked good. There were 4 SEC teams in the top 20 in PPG last year and just 1 ACC team. So were the SEC offenses bad last year?

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
For one you didnt say anything about the 2016 season so not sure what that has to do with this past season. Didn’t the national title game have 2 SEC teams represented this past season? Yep the SEC sucked this year. How did they manage to get 2 teams in the national title game when it sucks so bad? LOL.

You also said the SEC offenses were bad and that is why the defenses looked good. There were 4 SEC teams in the top 20 in PPG last year and just 1 ACC team. So were the SEC offenses bad last year?

As steve spurrier once said. Stats are for losers. 2 SEC teams went to the title game becuz Bama was gifted a spot in the playoffs. The SEC has had this special treatment for yrs, mainly bama. Bama couldnt even win its division, let alone conference, yet they are somehow National champs? Nah.

The SEC had Georgia and Bama which were good offenses. Auburn was decent. Missouri just sucked so bad they were always on offense so it gave the illusion that they were actually good on offense. I cant think of one other offense worth a crap in the SEC. This could be said about most conferences....but most conferences that are P5 on avg have better offenses than the SEC because of QB play.

Look at yds per game.

ACC has Louisville at #3 (1 team in top 10)
SEC has Missouri at # 7(1 team in top 10)

Top 30 in yds per game

SEC has 4 teams
ACC has 4 teams (clemson at 31)

SEC had atrocius offense from UF and South Carolina

ACC had atrocius offense from FSU(due to injury on starting QB and having to play a freshman)

Im not saying the ACC has these high powered offenses. I will make this comparison by using an exampme

The big 12 always has these "great offenses". However, they never have good defenses so it makes their offenses look that much better. The SEC for the most part, doesnt have great great offenses, so it makes their good defenses look even better. The truth is in the middle.

Ive seen fsu have a top 20 offense stat wise but that was only becuz we played 3 crap out of conference teams(this is what bama did this yr). I dont think bamas offense was great, it was good at best but yet they rank in top 20 becuz they put up 800 yds on 4 garbage teams. The truth is always in the middle. To say that SEC defenses are better than the ACC to me is just false. They are very close to each other

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT