ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Basketball Off Season Portal Adventures

There's a good chance Handlogten's playing career is over, so yes, there is a big need for him. We just lost Samuel.

C Vladislav Godlin 7-1 240 **** - TxTech, then FAU xfer, will be a rsSo in 2024-25
While I don't see a big need for him, I'd still take the Russian if he wants to be a Gator.

C Micah Handlogten 7-1 235 Jr
PF/C Aleks Szymczyk 6-10 250 rsSo
PF/C Alex Condon 6-11 230 So
C Olivier Rioux 7-6 300 - (unsigned, hard commit)

Note: IF taking him as a xfer would keep Rioux from signing with the Gators, then I'd not take him, but that's just me....
Do we know if Handlogten will be ready to go? If that is a question mark, then we will need another big.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Do we know if Handlogten will be ready to go? If that is a question mark, then we will need another big.
Hand's rehab is certainly a question to be answered at some future point.

I read an article that UF is looking to bring in as many as 3 Bigs.
They also mentioned a perceived need for a PG and a Wing.

For that to happen, with only 2 current open ships, others would need to depart????

Seems we'll all have to wait awhile for the new roster possibilities to settle out later this off-season.

Last edited:
SG Riley Kugel - Is a Xfer-out to Kansas.
==========

Former Furman point guard JP Pegues, a four-star transfer prospect ranked No. 31 among all players and No. 6 among point guards according to 247Sports, plans to visit Florida on April 12, he told 247Sports.

The Gators are expected to host former Chattanooga forward Sam Alexis from April 12-14. Alexis is coming off a standout season where he averaged 10.8 points and 9.1 rebounds per game this season while shooting 55 percent from the field. A Southern Conference All-Defense team honoree, Alexis blocked 70 shots in 2023-24.

Florida is then expected to host former Drexel and two-time CAA Defensive Player of the year, a 6-10 265 PF/C Amari Williams from April 21-22. He's from Nottingham, England, Williams was a key part of Drexel's success in 2023-24 as he handled the ball more than any other player on the Dragons' roster and ranked 18th nationally in total usage. He's a 52.1% shooter from inside the arc, and Williams ranked among the nation's top rebounders last year. On the defensive end, the big man ranked 39th in the country in block percentage.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...ng-visits-jp-peagues-furman-golden-229869804/

Also -- The college basketball transfer portal gained steam this week. Here are the top 75 transfers right now.

While I'm clueless on who Golden is interested in, or who in the portal is interested in Golden/UF, but if others don't work out, then here's a couple more I'd be interested in seeing as Gators from the portal:

11. MYLES RICE 6-3 180, PG, WASHINGTON STATE

2023-24 Stats: 14.8 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 3.8 APG
Eligibility: Three seasons remaining -- Rating: 95
Myles Rice was a sneaky good find out of the Atlanta (Ga.) area for Washington State. He won PAC 12 Freshman of the Year and there's lots to be excited about how he can contribute to a Tournament team in the years ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYImvq_XkIg

23. Jevon Porter, 6-11 220 PF, From Pepperdine

2023-24 Stats: 16.2 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.7 APG
Eligibility: Two seasons remaining -- Rating: 94
He's a skilled and versatile forward with more upside to tap into. With development, Jevon could join his brother in the League.

Cal-Cheat was also in the portal, just nobody on the outside knew it....

John Calipari's stunning move to Arkansas shows how desperately he wanted out of Kentucky

Calipari, per numerous reports, is finalizing a five-year deal to become the next head coach at Arkansas.

Edit Note: I find it laughable that UK's AD or fans, would even think that Billy-D would leave the NBA to return to college B-Ball..... NBA has NO recruiting, NIL, or Portal BS to contend with.....
And BillyD has already made 50 Million in 9 years while coaching at 2 NBA locations, so why would he even consider a move down to coach at kensucky????

At his age and with is FULL bank account, I can't imagine BillyD even bothering to consider that move....
When he eventually leaves Chi-town, I'm expecting him to retire back to Gainesville.
Maybe he can be the B-Ball Ambassador, like SOS is for football?

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Well, too bad things didn''t work out for him as a Gator, and good luck to him elsewhere, he seemed like a pretty good guy to me....

Get to know incoming PF Sam Alexis 6-9 230 Memphis (UTC) xfer from Apopka FL.
A NR out of HS, but now he's a 4-star rated xfer.
2023-24 Soph Season Stats per ESPN: Starts 32/33 - Ave-Min 26.4
Pts 10.8 - Rbs 9.1 - Blk 2.1 - Stl 0.3 - PF 2.0 - Ast 1.8 - FG% 55.0 - 3's 26.9% - FT 48%

His playing Highlights: He wears #4

Gator's incoming freshman center Olivier Rioux 7-7 300
From Canada by way of IMG FL....

Doubt he'll see the floor next season.
I don't see him as a freshman starter, but he could (and should imo) get some playing minutes whenever the game conditions allow it. That will be especially true if Hand isn't ready to begin the season.

"I love the staff and I love the school," Alexis said. "I'm excited to get this going."

The thing that stands out to the iG about PF Alexis is 70 Blocks, 9.1 Rb/Gm, with an average of just 2 PF/Gm. He plays solid defense without excessive fouls.

Alexis ranked:
#43 nationally in defensive rebounding percentage (25.4%).
#93 nationally in offensive rebounding percentage (12.0%).
His 8.6 block percentage ranked #37 in the country.
What he needs some work on is his 48% FT shooting.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-golden-transfer-portal-recruiting-230478230/
=====

Florida hosting 2025 four-star combo guard on official visit.

Alex Lloyd is the No. 46 overall prospect in the 2024 class on 247Sports. Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Westminster Academy combo guard Alex Lloyd, a 6-3 165 four-star prospect in the 2025 class, arrived in Gainesville Monday to begin his official visit to Florida, multiple sources informed Swamp247.

#46 overall, #8 among combo guards and #6 in the state of Florida.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...den-alex-lloyd-2025-class-rankings-230470457/

FORMER WASHINGTON STATE BIG MAN ARRIVES IN GAINESVILLE
Though entirely unrelated to its pursuits in the 2025 HS recuriting class, Florida also welcomed Washington State center transfer Rueben Chinyelu 6-11 245 **** on Monday afternoon.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Offense only, not good enough.
Defense only, not good either.
Balanced offense with solid defense is the key.

With this coming roster, they appear to be getting closer to a balance, with maybe a slight edge to the defense.

If both Clayton and Richard return, then it should be a fun season upcoming imo....

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT