ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

We will see but I think it helps defenses with Mertz in there compared to AR as they had to be under control more knowing AR might decide to run. Imo with Mertz they won't be too worried about him running or worried about his passing much. Hoping one of the young TEs can step up in the passing game or we may be in a real bind.
Napier's offense is run heavy with short passing game. AR could throw the ball 70 yards but he was incredibly inaccurate on the short passes. If Mertz can be adequate in the short passing game it will open up the run game. But as I have mentioned, I do not think Mertz is the answer at QB so it's a big if.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
We will see but I think it helps defenses with Mertz in there compared to AR as they had to be under control more knowing AR might decide to run. Imo with Mertz they won't be too worried about him running or worried about his passing much.
Fever,
Running the ball & passing the ball are the two most important QB skills.

If Mertz lacks those skills, why would you make him QB1 ?

Insta Over the Loudspeaker -
"Max Brown, report to the locker room immediately - we need you !"
Hoping one of the young TEs can step up in the passing game or we may be in a real bind.
Since neither Mertz nor Miller can either pass or run; TE development unnecessary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Fever,

Since neither Mertz nor Miller can either pass or run; TE development unnecessary.
I’m hoping the light will come on for one of these two. If not, come on Max!!

Fever,

Brown certainly arrived with impressive high school stats both running and passing. But in his limited OB game time he was 1 for 4 and got sacked. Candidly he looked lost. Felipe Franks was another great runner and passer coming out of high school but didn't have the mental fortitude for QB. Right now he may be 4th string. We shall see.

That's another reason I'm not stressing over Mertz because what did AR do last year? Surely Mertz cant be worse and has to be a better passer which you need in the SEC.
Mertz has a career NEGATIVE YPC and he has given up 49 SACKS..... 🤓

But he makes up for that by not having a 60%+ career completion percentage.... 🙄

And does anyone believe that either Mertz or Miller will be 1st Rnd NFL draft picks???

Brown walked out on the HS football field in his Jr season, never having played organized football. He was a SS/Catcher that was, at the time, projected to get drafted to MLB straight out of HS.

All he did was learn the offense, win the starter job, and then go 25-2 while being awarded the OK 3A MVP as a Sr. Slow, dumb, and obviously can't handle the pressure.... 🙄
=====

JMO, but I don't judge a HS QB by his performance vs his worst competition, or vs his best competition, but against his average level of competition. Anybody can have a good or a bad day/game. Also, there are at least 10 other guys that come into a QB's performance.

Oklahoma 3A State Championship Game:​

24-16 (W) Holland Hall 14-1 vs. Lincoln Christian 13-1 (-8)​

On 12/3, the Holland Hall varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Lincoln Christian (Tulsa, OK) by a score of 24-16. (Max Brown's only loss)
3A Champ Holland beat their other 3 Playoff opponents: 62-0, 34-14, 35-6 -- 24-16

So, who/what is Holland Hall HS that beat Brown's team to be the OK 3A Champ.

Holland Hall is Tulsa’s Pre-K through Grade 12 Independent Episcopal School.
Holland Hall offers a student/teacher ratio of 9:1, exciting electives, a college preparatory curriculum, dozens of sports, & trans-formative arts programs.
It's an Elite Independent OK High School. (think IMG)
==========

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 212 - Tulsa, Ok, Lincoln Christian HS
14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0 Conf.
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.

Passing Yds/Gm - 196.4
He only threw 4 Ints on 235 pass attempts.
Rushing Yds/Gm - 95.9
He had ZERO fumbles on 173 carries.

Show me another HS QBdt anywhere that had 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's to 4 Turnovers....

TD's/Gm - 4.36
TO's/Gm - 0.35

Yds/Comp 16.5 (he's not throwing 6-7 Yd dink & dunk junk for his 71.1%)
Yds/Carry 7.8 (that's on 173 carries, not a few runs here and there)
Total Offense - 4,093 Yds -- 61 TD's, 4 TO's, for a 15.25 to 1 TD/TO Ratio.

When watching his highlights, look at the size, speed, skill of the opposing teams.
The number of students (classification) in the school doesn't prevent a team from being good.

It's a conspiracy? Max Brown's HS highlights are no longer available at UTUBE or HUDL, wft-over????

Now, all of that guarantees nothing, but I sure like what I'm reading and used to be able to see and judge for myself....
=====

CBN said that 3-star Brown was under-rated and had great potential when flipping him to UF from his original commit.
Was he lying, or is he just that bad at evaluating QB talent???
You make the call...... 🤓

Then why is Brown still not even a consideration to play in his 2nd year at UF?
QB coaching incompetence??? AR-15 didn't improve. Miller III didn't improve?
And judging by the O&B game, Mertz hasn't improved either....

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu939913
359825290_239521945629385_7517074239883442085_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Brown walked out on the HS football field in his Jr season, never having played organized football. He was a SS/Catcher that was, at the time, projected to get drafted to MLB straight out of HS.

All he did was learn the offense, win the starter job, and then go 25-2 while being awarded the OK 3A MVP as a Sr. Slow, dumb, and obviously can't handle the pressure.... 🙄
=====

JMO, but I don't judge a HS QB by his performance vs his worst competition, or vs his best competition, but against his average level of competition. Anybody can have a good or a bad day/game. Also, there are at least 10 other guys that come into a QB's performance.

Oklahoma 3A State Championship Game:​

24-16 (W) Holland Hall 14-1 vs. Lincoln Christian 13-1 (-8)​

On 12/3, the Holland Hall varsity football team won their neutral playoff game against Lincoln Christian (Tulsa, OK) by a score of 24-16. (Max Brown's only loss)
3A Champ Holland beat their other 3 Playoff opponents: 62-0, 34-14, 35-6 -- 24-16

So, who/what is Holland Hall HS that beat Brown's team to be the OK 3A Champ.

Holland Hall is Tulsa’s Pre-K through Grade 12 Independent Episcopal School.
Holland Hall offers a student/teacher ratio of 9:1, exciting electives, a college preparatory curriculum, dozens of sports, & trans-formative arts programs.
It's an Elite Independent OK High School. (think IMG)
==========

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 212 - Tulsa, Ok, Lincoln Christian HS
14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0 Conf.
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.

Passing Yds/Gm - 196.4
He only threw 4 Ints on 235 pass attempts.
Rushing Yds/Gm - 95.9
He had ZERO fumbles on 173 carries.

Show me another HS QBdt anywhere that had 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's to 4 Turnovers....

TD's/Gm - 4.36
TO's/Gm - 0.35

Yds/Comp 16.5 (he's not throwing 6-7 Yd dink & dunk junk for his 71.1%)
Yds/Carry 7.8 (that's on 173 carries, not a few runs here and there)
Total Offense - 4,093 Yds -- 61 TD's, 4 TO's, for a 15.25 to 1 TD/TO Ratio.

When watching his highlights, look at the size, speed, skill of the opposing teams.
The number of students (classification) in the school doesn't prevent a team from being good.

It's a conspiracy? Max Brown's HS highlights are no longer available at UTUBE or HUDL, wft-over????

Now, all of that guarantees nothing, but I sure like what I'm reading and used to be able to see and judge for myself....
=====

CBN said that 3-star Brown was under-rated and had great potential when flipping him to UF from his original commit.

Then why is Brown still not even a consideration to play in his 2nd year at UF?
QB coaching incompetence??? AR-15 didn't improve. Miller III didn't improve?
And judging by the O&B game, Mertz hasn't improved either....

Is the baseball coach impeding Brown also or was he going to go in a round out of high school where they usually never get out of the minors and make the show?

• Haha
The feveredbrains FAILS to answer the question. Why is that do you suppose?

But he expects me to play his stupid game instead, (I know why that is).
The point that he is dodging is that Brown is an 'ALL AROUND ATHLETE,' and he has proven that he's good at both sports, when he is given a real chance,,, and when he has competent coaching with a good system.

Is the baseball coach impeding Brown also or was he going to go in a round out of high school where they usually never get out of the minors and make the show?
Duck, dodger, and attempt to distract.... 🙄

Same ole feveredbrains, and working at his usual very best..... 😉

O'Sul isn't the one that flipped him from his original commit.
O'Sul isn't the one that has him on a ship.
O'Sul isn't the one that said he was highly under-rated coming out of HS.
But O'Sul still gave him a walk-on spot on the team, and he's still there.

Got anymore idiotic questions for me to answer feveredbrains? 😂 🤣 😂

Last edited:
The feveredbrains FAILS to answer the question. Why is that do you suppose?

But instead he expects me to play his stupid game instead, (I know why that is).
The point that he is dodging is that Brown is an 'ALL AROUND ATHLETE,' and he has proven that he's good at both sports, when he is given a real chance,,, and when he has competent coaching with a good system.

Duck, dodger, and attempt to distract.... 🙄

Same ole feveredbrains, and working at his usual very best..... 😉

O'Sul isn't the one that flipped him from his original commit.
O'Sul isn't the one that has him on a ship.
O'Sul isn't the one that said he was highly under-rated coming out of HS.
But O'Sul still gave him a walk-on spot on the team, and he's still there.

Got anymore idiotic questions for me to answer feveredbrains? 😂 🤣 😂

Well reading your posts which is it. Napier is too incompetent to get Brown to the starting QB position or he was naive thinking Brown would be able to effectively play early at this level?

• Haha
UF flips WR aAbrams from FSU. Both Abrams and Fsu were looking to move on as FSU has 5 receivers in the class. Decent player
Yep, assuming both the ATH play receiver. Abrams is a big loss for the noles. Pure speed receiver and of the 6, he was your 2nd best recruit at receiver. No way to spin losing a top 300 player. Good flip for Florida.

Yep, assuming both the ATH play receiver. Abrams is a big loss for the noles. Pure speed receiver and of the 6, he was your 2nd best recruit at receiver. No way to spin losing a top 300 player. Good flip for Florida.
I think Abrams is a top 250 composite ranked player. We are adding a lot of speed in the last 2 classes.

When people say "you two get a room" that's what they mean.

This thread. Jeff and Insta. Just post after post after post after....oh god you know what I mean.

Sheesh.

Is there not a local geriatrics club where y'all can hang out and have a warm milk and talk about big strong men that aren't being given a fair chance to be all big and strong?

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1

He's not a big loss lol The staff viewed him as our 4th or 5th best receiver in the class. We tried to recruit Ragins (who committed to OU) to replace Abrams. We have 5 receivers and he was the odd man out. He was leaving the class no matter what. Gibson and Moore are our best receivers and then Mccoy and Frier are the slots. We are also in it for a couple more good receivers. Receiver is also our deepest room on the team as Destyn Hill finally showed up.

He's a decent player, good speed.

Great job by the staff to flip Abrams from FSU. Very good addition to an already loaded class. Staff is killing it on the trail. Need to keep it up

Yep the last few weeks have given me confidence the boosters and Napier will make us a consistent top 6 area recruiting team which gives you enough to compete for championships.

He's not a big loss lol The staff viewed him as our 4th or 5th best receiver in the class. We tried to recruit Ragins (who committed to OU) to replace Abrams. We have 5 receivers and he was the odd man out. He was leaving the class no matter what. Gibson and Moore are our best receivers and then Mccoy and Frier are the slots. We are also in it for a couple more good receivers. Receiver is also our deepest room on the team as Destyn Hill finally showed up.

He's a decent player, good speed.
LOL....he was your second highest rated receiver. Keep telling yourself that Dorothy.

LOL....he was your second highest rated receiver. Keep telling yourself that Dorothy.

I know any time you get a flip you think it's some great loss for the other team. He's been looking around for over 2 months for a place to go and fsu has been looking. I've followed his recruitment the entire time. I'm not saying he's not good, I'm saying we didn't value him very high compared to our other receivers. Gibson and Moore are outside receivers and we recruited 2 slot receivers over him in Frier and Mccoy. He was the 3rd slot receiver we took. We can't take 3.

This guy is not a Percy Harvin type player, he's a role player. He's a nice piece but it's not some huge loss for us. We are really deep at receiver and are bringing in 5 this class. Moore and Gibson will be the top 2 receivers in our class unless we land one of the bigger fish (doubtful). Decent player, lose zero sleep over losing him though as we are set at the position

• Haha
I know any time you get a flip you think it's some great loss for the other team. He's been looking around for over 2 months for a place to go and fsu has been looking. I've followed his recruitment the entire time. I'm not saying he's not good, I'm saying we didn't value him very high compared to our other receivers. Gibson and Moore are outside receivers and we recruited 2 slot receivers over him in Frier and Mccoy. He was the 3rd slot receiver we took. We can't take 3.

This guy is not a Percy Harvin type player, he's a role player. He's a nice piece but it's not some huge loss for us. We are really deep at receiver and are bringing in 5 this class. Moore and Gibson will be the top 2 receivers in our class unless we land one of the bigger fish (doubtful). Decent player, lose zero sleep over losing him though as we are set at the position
Top 250 player and nolies looking at him as a role player?? Damn didn't realize how loaded you guys were. Only Bama, GA and FSU can do that these days.

Top 250 player and nolies looking at him as a role player?? Damn didn't realize how loaded you guys were. Only Bama, GA and FSU can do that these days.

Lol if we lost Lester or Luke or Kam or Landen it would be a big loss. Losing a receiver is not a big loss especially when you have 5 receivers already and it's your deepest room. Don't let me rain on your parade though, celebrate to the fullest.

• Haha
Abrams is a good WR and a good flip. We added lots more speed to the WR room. I don’t think Abrams is better than anybody we took at WR last year and I don’t he’s better than Hawkins in this class. I do think he is a better WR prospect then both Frier and Gibson from FSUs WR class.

Jordan Pride is not a UF commit. We never took him. Pretty sure he is an A&M commit at this time.

Abrams is a good WR and a good flip. We added lots more speed to the WR room. I don’t think Abrams is better than anybody we took at WR last year and I don’t he’s better than Hawkins in this class. I do think he is a better WR prospect then both Frier and Gibson from FSUs WR class.

Jordan Pride is not a UF commit. We never took him. Pretty sure he is an A&M commit at this time.

He's not better than Gibson. He's better than Frier right now imo but Frier is a legacy for us and could end up being really good. Bama is trying to flip Frier. If I had my choice of the two, I'd take Abrams over Frier and Gibson over Abrams.

Never committed to UF. He never could for obvious reasons.

You guys dodged a bullet there lol I thought he flipped from us to you guys then to a and m but guess I just assumed he had committed to you guys

Last edited:

As a sophomore Abrams ran a 6.89 indoor 60 and a 10.62 100m. Those are blazing times for a 15 year old kid. He's a burner for sure.

We need another Percy Harvin. Nothing beats football speed like that. Track guys can't compare if they are stiff runners.

We got a guy the other day named Micah Danzi, very similar to Abrams with spd. More straight line tho similar to Abrams. Agree on the football spd, it's a real thing

Reactions: Gator Fever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT