ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

I would say if we can get this guy, believe I read he was the No 8 transfer on the board, maybe we’re functional at NIL and Rashada is just a flake.

I hope so. He has until Friday I think. This O lineman is supposed to be someone that will be a real good starter even in the SEC so its a nice pickup for us.

New staff member​

Speaking of NIL, the Gators have picked up a Director of NIL Strategy. Ben Chase is a Florida alum and gained a social media following this past college football season as he made it to 77 different games throughout the 2022 season, including the national championship.

As noted above, Florida’s NIL approach has been lacking at times, so Mr. Chase has an important task ahead of him.

Plan B - take Chase's annual salary; put it in a McDonald's Bag, & give it to Rashada.

Plan A - get rid of 5 off the field staffers, put their salaries in a McDonald's Bag, & give it to Spurrier & ask him to be a "volunteer" QBC & OC.

This was a big time transfer portal pull. I didn’t have confidence that we would get this one.

Yep if we somehow save the Rashada deal and get a needed WR I think our big money boosters may finally be coming out of a slumber to try and compete.

You would think we could find a decent guard and tackle starter with the ones on the roster now to fill out the O line.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Insta,

Would you be kind enough to refresh my memory on Max Brown's HS stats ?

NO Rashada; NO Problem !

He didn't look very good in the Under Armor AA Game in Orlando; he was the 4th rated QB - out of 4 !

If Billy, or who ever coaches QBs, were to actually spend some time with Max Brown, he can probably beat out the two transfer QBs & become QB1.

He damn sure runs better than Miller or Mertz & neither one of them has shown out as a passer.

Billy's ability to pick a Transfer QB is sadly lacking.

Last edited:
Insta,

Would you be kind enough to refresh my memory on Max Brown's HS stats ?

NO Rashada; NO Problem !

He didn't look very good in the Under Armor AA Game in Orlando; he was the 4th rated QB.

If Billy, or who ever coaches QBs, were to actually spend some time with Max Brown, he can probably beat out the two transfer QBs & become QB1.

He damn sure runs better than Miller or Mertz & neither one of them has shown out as a passer.

Billy's ability to pick a Transfer QB is sadly lacking.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in an all star high school game where the teams only practice for like a week. None of the QBs did good in the game. Most of the time the QBs don’t look that great. Tebow was pretty average in the one he played in.

Probably put more stock into their performances at practices, etc where they are at least getting a lot more reps.

Last edited:
Just my own 'way too early' guess on the possible starters:

LT Austin Barber 6-6 312 rsSo

LG Micah Mazzccua 6-5 331 rsSo

OC Kingsley Eguakun 6-3 301 rsJr

RG Richie Leonard IV 6-2 318 Jr

RT Kamryn Waites 6-8 373 rsSo
That would be a very large line...should be able to open up holes for our two stud RBs.

Crazy. Napier is in a bad spot going forward. He might want to see if Brown has anything by mid-season. The problem with this crap is combined with a 7-5 or so 2023 it's going to hurt 2024 recruiting especially on offense.

Fever,

Only 3 scholarship QBs on team, so you would think that preparing Brown is an obvious decision.

I would as he is dead in the water now basically. Have we ever had a new coach (not blaming him) not bring in a blue chipper QB in his first 2 recruiting classes. That is an insane thing in the modern SEC.

Will QB D. J. Lagway reclassify ?

Interesting question.

I doubt it, even if he does, he won't be ready this yr. I think read somewhere that 95% of "reclassify" kids transfer. Makes sense since they are enrolling at 17.

UF needs to get their NIL straightened out. Crazy that they don't have that buttoned up more.

He talks a lot though people say. Probably trying to play both sides with another school bidding on him.
He could just be parsing language, like they haven’t actually filed the paperwork but asked to be let out. I believe he has to enroll by Friday. Does anybody know the deal on that? Is that just for early enroll?

Reactions: Gator Fever
He could just be parsing language, like they haven’t actually filed the paperwork but asked to be let out. I believe he has to enroll by Friday. Does anybody know the deal on that? Is that just for early enroll?
I think that is the hard late enrollment deadline.

If we eventually get Jaden RaDrama on campus, fine. If not, time to move on to the portal.

I believe this was one of the players Brian Kelly danced with from behind.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-enter-portal-tcu-florida-possible-next-stops

Not that I see UF as a potential destination for Huard, but we'll see. He's also the son of Damon and nephew of Brock.

Last edited:
If we eventually get Jaden RaDrama on campus, fine. If not, time to move on to the portal.

I believe this was one of the players Brian Kelly danced with from behind.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-enter-portal-tcu-florida-possible-next-stops

Not that I see UF as a potential destination for Huard, but we'll see. He's also the son of Damon and nephew of Brock.

Being cheap and getting Mertz is going to end up hurting us a lot long term if this situation isn't resolved.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
UF needs to get their NIL straightened out. Crazy that they don't have that buttoned up more.
Numbers,

With all the BS that has been posted, I not sure that UF screwed up the NIL$$$ that they actually quoted Rashada.

They were competent enough to put a deal together for Mazzccua in very short order.

After his escapades at Miami & now UF, he may have decided to go "fishing again" for even more NIL$$$ somewhere else.

After all, he had plenty of time to shop around since student athletes no longer have academic/classroom responsibilities.

I was never sold on Rashada as California HS football is like the Big 12 - all offense & no defense.

When he got to the Under Armor AA Game - they cheated - they played defense & he tanked.

Time to move on, Rashada was not going to play this year & another Transfer QB is not the answer, just hand the ball off & play defense & do something about our atrocious
Oh So Special Teams - Game Changer Concept - an off the field advisor - a total failure !

Numbers,

With all the BS that has been posted, I not sure that UF screwed up the NIL$$$ that they actually quoted Rashada.

They were competent enough to put a deal together for Mazzccua in very short order.

After his escapades at Miami & now UF, he may have decided to go "fishing again" for even more NIL$$$ somewhere else.

After all, he had plenty of time to shop around since student athletes no longer have academic/classroom responsibilities.

I was never sold on Rashada as California HS football is like the Big 12 - all offense & no defense.

When he got to the Under Armor AA Game - they cheated - they played defense & he tanked.

Time to move on, Rashada was not going to play this year & another Transfer QB is not the answer, just hand the ball off & play defense & do something about our atrocious
Oh So Special Teams - Game Changer Concept - an off the field advisor - a total failure !

Well you can rest easy Jeff as we have a plan for this Rashada debacle and only taking a pedestrian Mertz at QB in the portal.

Being cheap and getting Mertz is going to end up hurting us a lot long term if this situation isn't resolved.
Fever,

For someone who played QB, Billy's ability to recognize a good one - Miller ? Mertz ? seems nonexistent.

Now, idiots on this board are screaming about Walker Howard, a True FR, who didn't even see the field at LSU.

Last edited:
Fever,

For someone who played QB, Billy's ability to recognize a good one Miller ? Mertz ? seems nonexistent.

Now, idiots on this board are screaming about Walker Howard, a True FR, who didn't even see the field at LSU.

I would love to get Howard now. LSU had to assure Nuss so he didn't bolt on them. It would be nice to have that situation instead of ours.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Well you can rest easy Jeff as we have a plan for this Rashada debacle and only taking a pedestrian Mertz at QB in the portal.
Fever,

FWIW - we have had more successful walk on QBs than Transfer QBs. 1 (Kerwin Bell) > 0
LOL

Maybe we should look for recently graduated HS QBs - like Marcus Stokes ?

We've only screwed him over twice, we deserve a third try !

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT