ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Gators QB Max Brown Joins Florida Baseball​

Billy now has 1 less QB to Coach !

66 – Max Brown – OF

Way to Go Max !
Better than being ignored !

Gator Baseball Roster
https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-g...er-for-the-2023-florida-gators-baseball-team/

Brown was considered the No. 3 shortstop and No. 10 overall player in Oklahoma in the 2022 recruiting class by Perfect Game, as well as the No. 157 shortstop and No. 500 overall prospect in the country. The same outlet named Brown to its 2022 Preseason First Team for the All-West Region.

His athleticism and arm strength — he's credited with an 85-mile-per-hour fastball velocity by Perfect Game — led Brown to play quarterback as a junior and senior for the Bulldogs. He produced a whopping 4,416 passing yards, 68 passing touchdowns and 33 rushing touchdowns in 27 games.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-quarterback-max-brown-joins-baseball

Last edited:
Reactions: bradleygator

Gators QB Max Brown Joins Florida Baseball​

Brown was considered the No. 3 shortstop and No. 10 overall player in Oklahoma in the 2022 recruiting class by Perfect Game, as well as the No. 157 shortstop and No. 500 overall prospect in the country. The same outlet named Brown to its 2022 Preseason First Team for the All-West Region.

His athleticism and arm strength — he's credited with an 85-mile-per-hour fastball velocity by Perfect Game — led Brown to play quarterback as a junior and senior for the Bulldogs. He produced a whopping 4,416 passing yards, 68 passing touchdowns and 33 rushing touchdowns in 27 games.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-quarterback-max-brown-joins-baseball

So @instaGATOR Brown is going to play baseball and miss spring practice? 🤣

Fever

Better than being Ignored !

Fever - don't tell anybody, but Max actually goes to class & plans to GRADUATE & get a FUNCTIONAL degree !

Not sure how he looked in practice or how good in baseball he is but unless he is likely to be headed to the major leagues this would have been a good chance to get in there with some reps to show what he can do. Maybe he realizes baseball is his better option which you can't blame the kid for that. With Brown playing baseball and if Rashada doesn't show Napier would be in spring without any high school QB he recruited with stars attached to the name.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
this would have been a good chance to get in there with some reps to show what he can do.
Fever,

See your point - Sort of Like the practice sessions for the Las Vegas Bow ? Right ?

Where Miller got all the snaps & led us to an amazing last second FG & 3 points to keep our scoring streak alive ?

Maybe he realizes baseball is his better option which you can't blame the kid for that. With Brown playing baseball and if Rashada doesn't show Napier would be in spring without any high school QB he recruited with stars attached to the name.
Napier recruited Brown & then he ignored him.

You can't convince me Max isn't at least as good as Miller showed himself to be in the L V Bowl.

Napier isn't a functional QBC or OC.
He is a great recruiter & hopefully at least a good CEO for the football team.

Time will tell.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Fever,

See your point - Sort of Like the practice sessions for the Las Vegas Bow ? Right ?

Where Miller got all the snaps & led us to an amazing last second FG & 3 points to keep our scoring streak alive ?

Napier recruited Brown & then he ignored him.

You can't convince me Max isn't at least as good as Miller showed himself to be in the L V Bowl.

Napier isn't a functional QBC or OC.
He is a great recruiter & hopefully at least a good CEO for the football team.

Time will tell.

Starting to think Kyle Engel may be the starting QB as of mid-season 2023.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Not sure that Napier "ignored" Brown. Said the kid wasn't ready and my guess is that is most likely the case. I loved Brown's high school stats and the little bit of video some here shared, but this was a big leap for him. Glad he's headed to baseball team but not sure how that impacts his football plans.

UGA Players to Enter Transfer Portal

4* TE Ryland Goede (6-7, 240) - graduate transfer - enters transfer portal, tells Georgia football goodbye - 2 years eligibility left​

https://247sports.com/college/georg...tal-tells-Georgia-football-goodbye-202784333/

"...Goede joins tight ends Brett Seither and Arik Gilbert.

Cornerback Jaheim Singletary also intends on entering the portal."

JAHEIM SINGLETARY - 5* CB 6-1, 170 LBS

Good for Max Brown. Join a sport still carrying on the Gator standard. If he was the No 10 player in OK, he can play.

Who was the kid, No. 17, who played some qb I believe under Zook and then played baseball?

Good for Max Brown. Join a sport still carrying on the Gator standard. If he was the No 10 player in OK, he can play.

Who was the kid, No. 17, who played some qb I believe under Zook and then played baseball?

Don't remember who did under Zook but Doug Johnson I think it was played in college one year and got a signing bonus from some Major league team and played in their minor leagues for a few years.

Numbers,

With all the BS that has been posted, I not sure that UF screwed up the NIL$$$ that they actually quoted Rashada.

They were competent enough to put a deal together for Mazzccua in very short order.

After his escapades at Miami & now UF, he may have decided to go "fishing again" for even more NIL$$$ somewhere else.

After all, he had plenty of time to shop around since student athletes no longer have academic/classroom responsibilities.

I was never sold on Rashada as California HS football is like the Big 12 - all offense & no defense.

When he got to the Under Armor AA Game - they cheated - they played defense & he tanked.

Time to move on, Rashada was not going to play this year & another Transfer QB is not the answer, just hand the ball off & play defense & do something about our atrocious
Oh So Special Teams - Game Changer Concept - an off the field advisor - a total failure !

Could be true, Rashada isn't the first one though. UF NIL changed leadership recently I believe, the head of the GC went on a drunk tirade on Twitter spaces, told Rashada to "f off" lol Lawyers have said it's too difficult to deal with. Other players have said similar things.

Of course all of that could be explained by a few things but there is smoke that they aren't organized at least which would be concerning. I'm hearing similar things that I heard last yr about fsu's. I know a recruit that UF had on campus and he told me they had a good NIL presentation, so there is some positive stuff as well.

Did he even hardly play though? I think that guy is listed as one of our biggest all time busts.
He pretty much ended up at WR after being recruited as a QB. He barely posed as a threat to taking Chris Leak's spot. He wasn't a bad WR. He just chose the right sport to focus more on, which was baseball. Dickey was also a member of the 2005 team that lost to Texas in the CWS final.

Could be true, Rashada isn't the first one though. UF NIL changed leadership recently I believe, the head of the GC went on a drunk tirade on Twitter spaces, told Rashada to "f off" lol Lawyers have said it's too difficult to deal with. Other players have said similar things.

Of course all of that could be explained by a few things but there is smoke that they aren't organized at least which would be concerning. I'm hearing similar things that I heard last yr about fsu's. I know a recruit that UF had on campus and he told me they had a good NIL presentation, so there is some positive stuff as well.

I think that guy only dealt with the Gator Collective which is mostly just for keeping players that cant demand real big money and are on the team already or portal players that can't demand real big NIL. I don't think he has anything to do with the Gator Guard which is connected to the big money stuff. I could be wrong on that though.

Reactions: fsu939913
He pretty much ended up at WR after being recruited as a QB. He barely posed as a threat to taking Chris Leak's spot. He wasn't a bad WR. He just chose the right sport to focus more on, which was baseball. Dickey was also a member of the 2005 team that lost to Texas in the CWS final.

Interesting. My memory is bad but I don't hardly remember seeing him on the field but if he went to WR that is probably why. They had an article I saw just a while back talking about him and other high ranked players that didnt pan out. I think it said he made it to AA in baseball after leaving.

I think that guy only dealt with the Gator Collective which is mostly just for keeping players that cant demand real big money and are on the team already or portal players that can't demand real big NIL. I don't think he has anything to do with the Gator Guard which is connected to the big money stuff. I could be wrong on that though.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I think that is correct as well. We also have 2 collectives so it makes sense.

Not sure that Napier "ignored" Brown. Said the kid wasn't ready and my guess is that is most likely the case. I loved Brown's high school stats and the little bit of video some here shared, but this was a big leap for him. Glad he's headed to baseball team but not sure how that impacts his football plans.
Country,

Would you call Miller "READY to play QB" in the SEC or even the Las Vegas Bowl ?

When you're getting you ass beat 30-0, what harm could it do to put Brown in & try a few RPO plays ?

Reactions: gatordad3
Country,

Would you call Miller "READY to play QB" in the SEC or even the Las Vegas Bowl ?

When you're getting you ass beat 30-0, what harm could it do to put Brown in & try a few RPO plays ?
No clue. My only point is to say Napier ignored Brown is disingenuous at best. Guy was on the team and was practicing.

Reactions: seffnergator
If he had a contract he should sue on it. It shouldn’t be UF’s problem. I’ll be interested to see if the NCAA takes any interest in Rashada and his efforts to go elsewhere, as the NIL deals are not supposed to be school specific.

That 13 million figure is BS according to a lot of people. I doubt he will have a strong lawsuit if he took some person's word only from that Gator Guard setup that he would get the 6+ million or whatever the true number is and that person isn't one of our big money boosters. I know FL recognizes verbal deals but good luck with that when someone that doesn't have the money themselves tells you verbally that is what you will get.

Reactions: fsu939913
Your forgetting about Engel Insta.

Nope, I don't care about Engel, any more than I care about Mertz or Miller.

So far as I can see, BN is way better at losing QB's than he is at getting them and coaching them up, but maybe he can improve given a few years to work on it....

• Wow
Fever,

If Max Brown does that & gets his UF degree, he will have accomplished more than 99% of UF students.

More power to him !

Reading a couple of articles on it Brown sounds like he may just be doing baseball kind of part time and isnt worried about being a starter on the baseball team. We will see I guess.

Reading a couple of articles on it Brown sounds like he may just be doing baseball kind of part time and isnt worried about being a starter on the baseball team. We will see I guess.
Fever,

Agree
No way to know but I'm pulling for him

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ?

For some reason I'm like Insta; I think he can play QB for UF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT