ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

Rashada at the UA game

Doesn't look like Rashada will just show up & take over as QB1.

Bringing in a portal QB was a necessity not an insurance plan.

Rashada finished the night 4-8 for 25 yards and rushed four times for -1 yards. When we talked to his Team Speed coaches during the week, they raved about his arm talent but said he struggled with some mental mistakes at times in terms of reading the defense.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-sooners-kansas-state--202073452/#202073452_3
I think he’s going to be a good one but yes he’s a true freshmen playing the most difficult position on the field. He’s going to need some time. The good thing is he’s an early enrollee and will get to go through the spring. The plan would be for him to start in 2023.

Other guys like Kelby Collins, Will Norman, Jakeem Jackson, Sharif Denson and Jordan Castel have the ability to get on the field a little earlier next year.

Kelby Collins and Jakeem Jackson are elite IMO.

4* OL Caden Jones-Commit Date-1-7-23​

Jones also finds himself in a Florida Gator for Texas A&M Aggie battle. Each school has traded off being the top schools in Jones’ recruitment, but right now, it sits at 50/50.

The good (and bad) thing for the Aggies is that Jones will not announce his commitment until January 7 at the All-American Game.

It gives Jimbo Fisher and his staff more time to convince him, but it also gives Florida the same chance. He has visited Florida and Texas A&M each five times.

Jones is the No. 362 overall recruit and No. 23 offensive tackle in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-am-aggies/news/who-else-is-left-on-the-board-for-texas-am-in-2023/

Transfer Portal Visitors

This weekend Florida football will be hosting offensive linemen Micah Mazzaccua (Baylor) and John Campbell (Miami), defensive linemen Gilber Edmond (South Carolina) and Cam’Ron Jackson (already committed from Memphis), defensive back Al Walcott (Baylor) and linebacker Duce Spurlock (Michigan).

Mazzaccua and Campbell are must haves. Richard Gouraige and O’Cyrus Torrence are off to the NFL and Ethan White and Michael Tarquin left via the transfer portal. Austin Barber is the only returning offensive lineman with any real experience and as we saw in the Las Vegas Bowl, Florida football is in deep trouble without reinforcements along the offensive line.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/01/06/florida-football-billy-napier-2/

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Transfer Portal Visitors

This weekend Florida football will be hosting offensive linemen Micah Mazzaccua (Baylor) and John Campbell (Miami), defensive linemen Gilber Edmond (South Carolina) and Cam’Ron Jackson (already committed from Memphis), defensive back Al Walcott (Baylor) and linebacker Duce Spurlock (Michigan).

Mazzaccua and Campbell are must haves. Richard Gouraige and O’Cyrus Torrence are off to the NFL and Ethan White and Michael Tarquin left via the transfer portal. Austin Barber is the only returning offensive lineman with any real experience and as we saw in the Las Vegas Bowl, Florida football is in deep trouble without reinforcements along the offensive line.

https://hailfloridahail.com/2023/01/06/florida-football-billy-napier-2/
I agree we need olineman but our center Kingsley is a returning starter as well.

USCe is getting raped by NIL. That coach will never be able to start really winning there if you are losing top players like that to NIL.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Who Should the Gators Pursue in the Transfer Portal?​

Taking a look at five transfer portal prospects that the Gators need to land to replenish a thin roster heading into the 2023 offseason.

Many of these players covered in earlier threads, but the write ups about them are good reads.

The deadline for a player to enter the portal is January 18.

Feb 1, 2023 is NSD.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...sfer-portal-targets-micah-mazzccua-al-walcott

Last edited:

OT Caden Jones picks Florida.​

https://mikefarrellsports.com/fact-...ng-ncaa-investigations-caden-jones-to-florida

Farrell’s take: FACT​

This is a low key announcement at the All American Bowl on NBC this weekend. This is a 6-7, 280-pound tackle with a great frame and excellent athleticism who is a couple years from true development but an important get. The Gators will beat Texas A&M for this player because of Billy Napier’s Louisiana connections and just watch, if will be a big one.

Reactions: gatordad3

FWIW - Cormani McClain Watch -​

What Ever
https://usatodayhss.com/lists/frida...watch-early-2024-recruiting-rankings-and-more

Lakeland (Fla.) cornerback Cormani WcClain is “technically” still committed to Miami. That’s all he would share with reporters leading up to the Under Armour All-American Bowl earlier this week. While that sort of keeps McClain outside of the undecided grouping from the class, he is creating significant buzz…

The latest on McClain comes from Andrew Ivins at 247 Sports, who’s declared him the biggest enigma from the Under Armour game. Apparently McCLain will be making his decision on January 15.

“McClain’s recruitment remains one big mystery. After electing to not sign early despite a near two-month commitment to the Hurricanes, McClain said in an interview with ESPN2 that he will be “signing” Jan. 15, which is not an official signing window. Will McClain be inking some type of paperwork with Miami? It sounds like it, but you never really know with McClain.”

Michigan, Jim Harbaugh under investigation for recruiting violations​

Pre NIL of course.

The Michigan football program under coach Jim Harbaugh is facing allegations of recruiting violations from the NCAA, according to a report by Angelique Chengelis at The Detroit News.

The alleged violation occurred in 2021 when the NCAA placed restrictions on meeting with recruits in-person due to COVID-19 risks. The report states that the NCAA categorizes Harbaugh’s violation as Level I, considered a “severe breach of conduct.” Michigan also faces four Level II violations.

https://usatodayhss.com/2023/michigan-jim-harbaugh-under-investigation-for-recruiting-violations

Pre NIL of course.

The Michigan football program under coach Jim Harbaugh is facing allegations of recruiting violations from the NCAA, according to a report by Angelique Chengelis at The Detroit News.

The alleged violation occurred in 2021 when the NCAA placed restrictions on meeting with recruits in-person due to COVID-19 risks. The report states that the NCAA categorizes Harbaugh’s violation as Level I, considered a “severe breach of conduct.” Michigan also faces four Level II violations.

https://usatodayhss.com/2023/michigan-jim-harbaugh-under-investigation-for-recruiting-violations
Recruiting violations? Didn't know there was such a thing any more. If this is about the dead period, that's a joke too. Harbaugh is probably headed to the NFL anyway.

This young'en ain't playing around. Hopefully this is bad news for Mertz. Must be difficult to leave his beloved Biggie behind.

He will most likely be the most talented QB in that room but he will also be the least experienced and yes he’s gonna have to put on at least 25 lbs. i don’t think that is possible in 8 months unless he goes on the Will Grier plan and we don’t want that.

• Sad

Pre NIL of course.

From a guy from the Midwest guy, this is all well deserved. UM believes its above everything, and the real issue is Harbaugh lied to the NCAA because he thinks he is above the rules. Hope they get what they deserve

And notice how the violations came when his job was on the line in 2020. He is a scumbag to the core

Last edited:
Looks like Whittemore is going to UCF @instaGATOR. We play them in 2024 and he is eligible for 2024 also. A game I am sure which will be of much interest to you and Coach Napier. 🤣 🤣

Looks like Whittemore is going to UCF @instaGATOR. We play them in 2024 and he is eligible for 2024 also. A game I am sure which will be of much interest to you and Coach Napier. 🤣
Wait what? I thought Trent was really good and was going to end up at a big time school? He didn’t even end up at Miss St with his brother.😂

Reactions: Gator Fever
Wait what? I thought Trent was really good and was going to end up at a big time school? He didn’t even end up at Miss St with his brother.😂

That is interesting. It wouldn't shock me if him and Bowman do alright against Group of 5 competition this coming season. Bowman especially might get a nice boost there.

I know what you mean, Jeff.
On a side, I really thought the Dolphins had Harbaugh in the bag last season. So far, I like McDaniel as the coach.

Ross has stated several times that he will not be the guy to hire Harbaugh away from Michigan.

Stephen Ross cares infinitely more about Michigan football than he does the Dolphins.

Ross has stated several times that he will not be the guy to hire Harbaugh away from Michigan.

Stephen Ross cares infinitely more about Michigan football than he does the Dolphins.
Also seems that Harbaugh has gotten into Ryan Day's as well as the Buckeye nations head these past two seasons. I'm sure they hope he leaves.

I have never been a Stephen Ross fan either.

I know what you mean, Jeff.
On a side, I really thought the Dolphins had Harbaugh in the bag last season. So far, I like McDaniel as the coach.
I thought he was going to be an absolute disaster. I thought the locker room would be like “yeah I don’t think so.” But I have to give him props. He definitely knows how to attack and knows how to get his best players running loose. And the players seem to vibe with him.

sadgator loves that McDaniel dude…he is like a nerdy evil genius…

And he is a funny character in his press conferences…

sadgator hadn’t been interested in the Dolphins for like 20 years and now he is totally intrigued by them…really hope they make the playoffs…
😕
On a 5 game losing streak with the Dolphins having to go with their 3rd string QB after Bridgewater went down with an injury.

Well its crunch time for getting more good transfer portal help for the 2023 season. Looking at that schedule there is not much hope of going 8-4 or better without some nice additions in the next few days before late enrollment ends for the spring semester. Unlike last season there isn't going to be that many gems after the spring since the NIL hunting ones mostly started early this time if they thought they could do better NIL wise. We need a few legit 4 star ranked transfers (not high school rankings) to get this team competitive in 2023 - though a highly ranked 3 star transfer is usually pretty decent at O line and for a possible starting job in an area of big need. It will be interesting to see who we get after this big last weekend of visits. I would be very happy if we get one good O lineman and a good extend the field receiver even if we dont get much else but depth elsewhere.

We need a few legit 4 star ranked transfers (not high school rankings) to get this team competitive in 2023 -
Agree
though a highly ranked 3 star transfer is usually pretty decent at O line and for a possible starting job in an area of big need.
What is a highly ranked 3* Transfer ?
Isn't that an oxy-moron - a contradiction in terms ?

Why not just admit that White & Tarquin leaving caught Billy & all the rest of us by surprise; that we're desperate, & WILL TAKE ANYONE WITH A PULSE.
It will be interesting to see who we get after this big last weekend of visits. I would be very happy if we get one good O lineman and a good extend the field receiver.
Johann-Heinrich-Wilhelm-Tischbein-Diogenes-Searching-for-an-Honest-Man-1780.jpg

Well, Diogenes, good luck with that !

While you're out there looking, would you rather have an OG or an OT ?

One of each on hand this weekend; but who's going to scrape up the NIL$$$ ?

No receivers on hand this weekend & the transfer we got last year - ASU WR Ricky Pearsall - appears to be headed to the NFL.

Oh, by the way, do we have the space under the 85 player cap to sign them ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
Agree

What is a highly ranked 3* Transfer ?
Isn't that an oxy-moron - a contradiction in terms ?

Why not just admit that White & Tarquin leaving caught Billy & all the rest of us by surprise; that we're desperate, & WILL TAKE ANYONE WITH A PULSE.

Well, Diogenes, good luck with that !

While you're out there looking, would you rather have an OG or an OT ?

One of each on hand this weekend; but who's going to scrape up the NIL$$$ ?

No receivers on hand this weekend & the transfer we got last year - ASU WR Ricky Pearsall - appears to be headed to the NFL.

Oh, by the way, do we have the space under the 85 player cap to sign them

A high 3 star (a number just below the minimum 4 star transfer number) at O lineman (transfer ranking not high school ranking) usually means someone who would be able to come into the SEC and hold their own some and not be a big liability.

A 4 star transfer ranking is someone that should be able to come in and perform well as a starter in the SEC. If we got a 4 star transfer O linemen he should be good to go right off the bat and if we got a 4 star transfer stretch the field WR teams would have to actually adjust their play as long as the QB could deliver the ball.

I would rather gave a 4 star transfer Guard than Tackle with what we have now.

It was about 9 open slots a little while back so we probably have 6 or so open now I would think. Maybe 5 with the LB we just got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT