ADVERTISEMENT

Gators to Hire Ron Roberts as LB Coach, Co-Defensive Coordinator ?

On 247 Creed is ranked as the #331 player in the nation. Aiden Mizell is ranked #94 and Eugene Wilson is ranked #112 so again not sure what rankings you are looking at.
Incorrect, suggest you read closer next time.
I listed 247Sports ranking and said so.
You listed the Composite Ranking, not 247Sports individual ranking.

And Best WR becomes a matter of individual opinion anyway, not merely what some/any recruiting service claims they are, because they paid for and came to their off-season training camps.

Another example of that is the rankings for QB's, seemingly while ignoring there on the filed stats, W/L records, and their film.

Trask **
Brown ***
Wuerffel ****
Rashada *****
Lagway *****
Arch Manning *****

But when you look at their individual stats, W/L records, and their QBR's, you get a very different picture than what their stars suggest.

I'm done here, have at it....

This says it all:

“The last staff, I didn’t really get along with very well,” defensive lineman Kelby Collins said on the difference between Mullen and Napier’s staff. “But this new staff, they have a bigger staff, this staff has more energy, you know Chase Clark and Katie and Bri Wade and all them. They’re really doing a good job of recruiting. You know Chase really recruited me really good, along with Coach Napier and Coach Spencer. But I think just like their support staff is playing a big role in recruiting guys.”

There were also quite a few, if not several, high school coaches who came out and said that Dan Mullen and some of his staff were a little too weird to deal with.
That is no surprise.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Incorrect, suggest you read closer next time.
I listed 247Sports ranking and said so.
You listed the Composite Ranking, not 247Sports individual ranking.

And Best WR becomes a matter of individual opinion anyway, not merely what some/any recruiting service claims they are, because they paid for and came to their off-season training camps.

Another example of that is the rankings for QB's, seemingly while ignoring there on the filed stats, W/L records, and their film.

Trask **
Brown ***
Wuerffel ****
Rashada *****
Lagway *****
Arch Manning *****

But when you look at their individual stats, W/L records, and their QBR's, you get a very different picture than what their stars suggest.

I'm done here, have at it....
I would say the composite ranking is better to use than 247.

Derrick Mercer
3fe097fe-533e-424c-81f2-6b5345c89deb_text.gif

Rashada and some other UF signees are doing well at the UA practices. Rashada can spin it. He’s very accurate and has a live arm. Need to get some weight on him in the spring.

Reactions: Gator Fever
GD3, I don't miss him, nor do I care about him or his replacement.

BTW, the Gator's just finished the season at #11 SEC in rushing yards given up per game (175), and 6-7, 3-5 SEC double loser season, plus a totally embarrassing butt-kickin' to LAC-12 OreSt...

So as a long time 'wait-til-next-year' Gator fan, everything is just fine wid-me.
😉

He is a Florida boy who attended Tampa Catholic HS. A 3-star originally with a .8715 composite rating.

Curious how good the player was who replaced him but we do need some depth at DB with all the departures.

I would be happy if they just get one borderline 4 star transfer grade WR that has some real speed to stretch the field and one at O line also that we know can hold his own at Guard in the SEC.

Its also crazy how the last 2 years ASU loses every decent starter to the portal. We should have went after that O linemen Michigan got from them. They must not have any big boosters that care about football much.

Last edited:
Ricky Pearsall has been invited to the NFL combine, so his status with UF is back to questionable.

Dismissed from the team:
FS Fenley Graham rsSo - June 22
DB Mordecai McDaniel Jr June 22
DE Brenton Cox Jr rsSr - Oct 31 - NFL Draft
LB Diwun Black Sr - Nov 16 - TBA -
QB Jalen Kitna rsFr - Dec 1 - Arrested

==========

Entered Exit Portal:
OL Josh Braun Jr - Oct 18
-----
DB Kamar Wilcoxson rsSo - IMG - Nov 3
WR Trent Whittemore rsJr - Nov 14
(WR Creed Whittemore - de-committed - then recruited to MSSt by Steve Spurrier Jr.)
TE Nick Elksnis So- Nov 15
TE Griffin McDowell rsSr - Nov 16
DB Avery Helm rsSo - Nov 28
-----
WR Daejon Reynolds So - Dec 1
RB Lorenzo Lingard rsSr - Dec 1
RB Nay'Quan Wright rsJr - Dec 2
DB Corey Collier Jr rsFr - Dec 4
LB David Reese rsSr - Dec 4
LB Chief Borders So - Dec 5
OL Yousef Mugharbil rsFr - Dec 5
DT Jalen Lee Jr - Dec 5
DT Chris Thomas Jr rsFr - Dec 5
DE/LB Lloyd Summerall III rsJr - Dec 6
RT Michael Tarquin rsJr - Dec 22 - to USCw
SS Tre'Vez Johnson Jr - Dec 23
DB Jordan Young rsFr - Dec 23
LG Ethan White Sr - Dec 24
=====

ED - Early Departures to the NFL Draft:
QB Anthony Richardson SO
DT Gervon Dexter SO
FS Rashad Torrence II SO
O'Cyrus Torrence JR
==========

To NFL Draft or Other due to expired eligibility:
LB Ventrell Miller rsSR - NFL
WR Justin Shorter rsSR - NFL
LT Richard Gouraige SR - NFL
LB Amari Burney SR - NFL
Trey Dean III SR - NFL
WR Jordan Pouncey rsSR - Other

~~ Feel Free with any Additions or Corrections

Rashada at the UA game

Doesn't look like Rashada will just show up & take over as QB1.

Bringing in a portal QB was a necessity not an insurance plan.

Rashada finished the night 4-8 for 25 yards and rushed four times for -1 yards. When we talked to his Team Speed coaches during the week, they raved about his arm talent but said he struggled with some mental mistakes at times in terms of reading the defense.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-sooners-kansas-state--202073452/#202073452_3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT