ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread - Observations

I'm not breaking anything down from this game on the defensive side of things. Utah is an experienced, disciplined, and we'll coached team. I'll take the W and be happy.

For fvcks sake we held them to 0 points with the ball within the 7 yard line twice.

I like this running game, especially the way we use Richardson. Passing game will pick up.

Huge win for Napier. Lots of work to do still but that was a great atmosphere and their were tons of big time recruits in the stands. The offense will get better. The defense has holes that aren’t going to get fixed overnight. Recruiting will have to fix the defense but we are bringing in a great defensive class.

Just one more observation. Even though the ESPN analyst for this game irked me a few times he actually had some sincere knowledge of the game. He's too good for that network. Now listening to Beth Mowens drone on when she isn't good enough to do SEC women's softball. Sad AF. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: TennesseeGator
I picked Utah to win the game and am glad I was wrong. Very exciting game to watch. I was very impressed with our offensive line - to me the best maybe since the Urban Meyer days. Richardson is a freak athlete and overall managed the game really well. He will only get better with experience. I like Naquan Wright, but prefer Montrell Johnson because of his size, power and pass blocking abilities. Etienne is, also, going to be a good one. Pearsall made some nice catches and did a good job of blocking on the outside, at least the times I noticed. On defense, they ran all over us and pushed around pretty good the 2nd half and we got almost no pass rush. I understand it's a work in progress and I still think Utah is a very good team and could win the rest of their games. But credit the defense for making 2 HUGE goal line stands and getting 2 turnovers to save touchdowns. This team seems united, committed and pretty well disciplined, especially for a first game against a quality opponent. Hopefully, too, the wild crowd and the way these guys played will influence a few of those big time recruits left out there to come to Gainesville.

AR 15 - Love him, he is the real deal if he stays healthy.
Offense- appears Gators are back to throwing to the side lines every play. Need better play calling
Defense- Has some work to do at Line Backer spot. Too many times they were out of position from what I've seen.

Now that's what i call a gutty win! Billy-Boy is off and running! There's a lot of room for improvement offensively as the OC needs to open up more. AR-15 has the cannon to make plays in the passing game. We have great receivers that can get open, as always. Defensively we got gutted by Utah's ground attack; however, they made plays when they had to like the goal-line stand and Amari Burney's GW INT on the goal line. Nothing beats The Swamp and the magic of that place. Once again, it's where only GATORS survive!! CHompx10

After he blew chunks before leaving the field, he drinks more Gatorade then blows more chunks.
lmao2.gif

AR 15 - Love him, he is the real deal if he stays healthy.
Offense- appears Gators are back to throwing to the side lines every play. Need better play calling
Defense- Has some work to do at Line Backer spot. Too many times they were out of position from what I've seen.
Huh?
Offensive playcalling was good for the most part.
The best player on the defense tonight was Ventrell Miller who is a LBer. The guy that made the game winning play (Burney) is a LBer.

Huh?
Offensive playcalling was good for the most part.
The best player on the defense tonight was Ventrell Miller who is a LBer. The guy that made the game winning play (Burney) is a LBer.
I was impressed with the offense. A couple of movement calls, yes, but for a first game in a new offense, it looked damned crisp. I like the motion and tempo shifts. If that's the first game, against a fairly good defense no less, when we get the kinks worked out it's going to be very productive.

I was impressed with the offense. A couple of movement calls, yes, but for a first game in a new offense, it looked damned crisp. I like the motion and tempo shifts. If that's the first game, against a fairly good defense no less, when we get the kinks worked out it's going to be very productive.
Wait until they work out the passing game.....it will be lights-out all over again. 40+ppg is coming soon. It's what we're used to.

Reactions: gatordad3
It continues a troubling trend for the Pac-12 in Week 1 against the SEC. After Saturday, the conference dropped to 1-8 in its last 9 Week 1 games against the SEC, per ESPN. Seven of those Pac-12 losses were ranked teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT