ADVERTISEMENT

Florida/Texas A&M Gameday Thread

We put 3 TEs in the game and try to run against a 10 man box. AGAIN!!!!

ITS JUST SO STUPID!!!

Can somebody tell me wtf is happening for some reason they don't have the game on ESPN2 here. All I can do is see the score on my phone.

Damn, that QB run off the zone read is hard to defend! I wonder if maybe we should try that? Hmmmmmm........

Can somebody tell me wtf is happening for some reason they don't have the game on ESPN2 here. All I can do is see the score on my phone.
Close your eyes and imagine every ugly game Florida had played for the last 8 years.

That.

Except with hideous, bush league uniforms.

Reactions: bradleygator
So we either win it with a fg miss or have just under a minute with no time outs

Crap. We miss an extra point and this kid cannot miss a field goal.

Next season will be must on offense.

Older Franks.

Players back.

Pretty shallow 379 yards tonight.

That hurts. But you could see it coming. Get a few simple first downs, cannot gain a yard.

Look at the bright side. At least we won’t back into winning the east again, take another ass whippin from Bama and further sully our championship game record.

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
This sucks. Maybe Franks can turn it around but I doubt it. Some true freshman QBs playing alright lately - put Corral in next season at least. My guess is he will yank Franks once Georgia starts rolling us.

They made adjustments at halftime and we didn't. They made a concerted effort to get their QB running more, especially with delayed draws. They did it over & over the 2nd half and we never made any adjustments to stop it. When we did gets hands on him we couldn't make the tackle. And their defense did a much better job of shutting down our running backs and when Franks is forced to pass, then scramble out of the pocket due to inside pressure, he can't make the play the vast majority of the time. And down the stretch we made mistakes, they made the plays they had to make and the playcalling limited our chances to be successful. We got outcoached AGAIN.

They made adjustments at halftime and we didn't. They made a concerted effort to get their QB running more, especially with delayed draws. They did it over & over the 2nd half and we never made any adjustments to stop it. When we did gets hands on him we couldn't make the tackle. And their defense did a much better job of shutting down our running backs and when Franks is forced to pass, then scramble out of the pocket due to inside pressure, he can't make the play the vast majority of the time. And down the stretch we made mistakes, they made the plays they had to make and the playcalling limited our chances to be successful. We got outcoached AGAIN.

Should have went zone to shut down those running lanes. Easy for the qb to run when the entire secondary has their back to you.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Bizzare defensive strategy in 2nd half. Same ole for this offense. Oh well. Like it or not mac will be back next year.

Defense- we don’t do much to make an offensive coordinator uncomfortable. Base four man front and man to man coverage. I miss the exotic blitzes Muschamp or durkin had that always seemed to make plays at the end of a game.
I understand we have players out but if the coaches don’t use them or put them in positions to make plays it really doesn’t matter who is injured or suspended.

Close your eyes and imagine every ugly game Florida had played for the last 8 years.

That.

Except with hideous, bush league uniforms.

This was the least emotionally involved game I've ever experienced in all my die hard years, i have no respect for the people that are losers and making us a laughing stock, and they have to lose to make this stop.. I couldn't pretend to care if I tried to pretend to, I just laugh at all the same things in every game from the last 8 years, if you get mad you're just being ignorant to yourself at this point. I have more respect for myself than to get mad at guys that bad, they aren't even trying to win.

Should have went zone to shut down those running lanes. Easy for the qb to run when the entire secondary has their back to you.

no, there were plenty of zones, our LB's just stood there like tall fat girls playing zone defense in basketball.. I was more blown away by how awful A&M was, they tried to make us win and everything.. This defense and this offense is without question the single worst Florida Gator football team iv'e ever seen. No exaggeration

Any normal casual could tell you a young QB that can't pass is gonna run like hurts on every third down, they didn't even attempt to stop it until the very last play of the game on defense. When there's no longer anger, and I expect this miserable shit staff and team, it means it's what they've made you become. I will not support Mac in any way or hear a word out o anyones mouth that keeps making ignorant excuses. He's officially the worst coach ever in my lifetime and worse than Muschamp, he just lost two games in a row in the Swamp, to the two worst coaches on the hot seat other than Jones, which he also should have lost to in the Swamp, and been out coached by all of them. Worst defense by far ever seen too

Defense- we don’t do much to make an offensive coordinator uncomfortable. Base four man front and man to man coverage. I miss the exotic blitzes Muschamp or durkin had that always seemed to make plays at the end of a game.
I understand we have players out but if the coaches don’t use them or put them in positions to make plays it really doesn’t matter who is injured or suspended.
Nobody is playing 4 man fronts anymore against these spread offenses. It puts too many slow D linemen in the game. The 4-3 defense is almost as dead as that stupid pro style offense we run.

Nobody is playing 4 man fronts anymore against these spread offenses. It puts too many slow D linemen in the game. The 4-3 defense is almost as dead as that stupid pro style offense we run.

Ask Sagan and Bama!! They run it to perfection and what most teams run is not the Pro style it’s called the pistol spread option…Bama runs the Pro style to perfection

That was like masturbating with sand paper.

Numbers referred to the slow death...he is right.

Reminded me of the Zamboni scene in Deadpool.

Reactions: sadgator
In fairness to Muschamp, he was young and UF was his first HC gig. It's entirely possible that he learned some lessons from his time here. Whatever else you can say about him, he is super, insanely enthusiastic about his job.

On the other hand, Mac always has this perpetual look on his face like he's watching a Carl Sagan documentary on Outer Space, instead being on the sidelines of a football game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT