ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas @ Florida...

A few weeks ago people were lauding Austin Armstrong and the improved Gator defense. Arkansas scored THREE POINTS 2 weeks ago against Mississippi State, yet put up 39 on us. Crazy Bad.

Yep starting with KY the defense has been pretty mediocre.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
So what date is the next HC party date? Don't say I didn't warn u all. It's the AD who is hiring these jokers then have to give a huge retirement payout whenever they fire the HC. who does the hiring? UF needs to form a Board whenever they are hiring HCs.

• Haha
So what date is the next HC party date? Don't say I didn't warn u all. It's the AD who is hiring these jokers then have to give a huge retirement payout whenever they fire the HC. who does the hiring? UF needs to form a Board whenever they are hiring HCs.
He’ll get another year and we’ll watch another year of this mess and hear more of his excuse making.

A few weeks ago people were lauding Austin Armstrong and the improved Gator defense. Arkansas scored THREE POINTS 2 weeks ago against Mississippi State, yet put up 39 on us. Crazy Bad.

And got into a high scoring dogfight with a 3 win gamecock team 3 weeks ago who put 39 points on uf in regulation.....

....and who just had a struggle win against Jacksonville State. Fyi, Jacksonville State held USC to less points than UF did.

Ok after being pi$$ed and throwing a fit I’ve come back to reality. After spotting them 14 in the first three minutes these guys battled back. We were down three studs on defense and a guy who has been solid all year (Trey Smack) actually missing one. This team will compete and I think we owe CBN a chance. Now if in a year we are still no better then I’ll have an order of crow. Thank you.

I’m on the record as suspecting he’s a moron.

12081685.jpeg

Hopefully we aren't seeing this next season.

Ok after being pi$$ed and throwing a fit I’ve come back to reality. After spotting them 14 in the first three minutes these guys battled back. We were down three studs on defense and a guy who has been solid all year (Trey Smack) actually missing one. This team will compete and I think we owe CBN a chance. Now if in a year we are still no better then I’ll have an order of crow. Thank you.

We were tied at the half and lost at home to a team that it's only prior FBS win was against a terrible G5 conference school.

Hiring and firing coaches every two to three years is not the answer. At some point we have to be patient.

For the fans- patience is earned and when you see potential or a recipe for future success. I mean, there's been bad game management since the UK game last year.....so we can expect it to continue. There is also more than one issue that lies directly at Napier's feet.

Nobody is really expecting him to be fired this year. If next year isn't better? It's possible.

I somehow doubt a potential coaching hire will be any more inclined to reject an offer if Napier is fired after year 3 compared to 4 or even 5.

Last edited:
For the fans- patience is earned and when you see potential or a recipe for future success. I mean, there's been bad game management since the UK game last year.....so we can expect it to continue. There is also more than one issue that lies directly at Napier's feet.

Nobody is really expecting him to be fired this year. If next year isn't better? It's possible.

I somehow doubt a potential coaching hire will be any more inclined to to reject an offer if Napier is fired after year 3 compared to 4 or even 5.

Yep he obviously gets a full 3 years but you can't allow that to go to year 4 if it is a crap show in year 3 also no matter the insane buyout.

Napier will go into next year on the warm-seat and depending on the record, it'll get hot by year end depending how it goes.

Hiring and firing coaches every two to three years is not the answer. At some point we have to be patient.
I agree that Napier isn't going anywhere for 2 more years probably. It's just disconcerting to see the same mistakes and sloppy play 2/3 of the way through year 2, especially when we're recruiting better talent than all but a couple of the teams that we're losing to.

Reactions: Olerthandirt
Napier will go into next year on the warm-seat and depending on the record, it'll get hot by year end depending how it goes.

I bet the home Miami game might tell us if he makes it or not. A win is not a guarantee that he does good in the SEC schedule but a loss in that game would be hard to overcome.

I went to the game today and couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. It comes down to Napier has a staff of 100 but it looks like that none of them speak to each other during the game.

Yep him talking about that huge staff and attention to detail etc. and we have probably made the most nutty on field screwups of any SEC team since Napier took over.

Reactions: emekz1
I'd say 80% of this team is good enough to win on any given Saturday. But UF has got some runts in the litter that would get picked last in a pickup game, and most of them are in defensive secondary. They don't cover, they don't tackle. Our defensive line actually isn't bad, and sometimes shines. Special teams has probably cost us a couple of games, and that's not on the kickers.

Sorry, 3rd and Grantham is unavailable.... 🙄
lol.........Sorry. Even this was worth the risk of moving on from THAT. Grantham had Trask and AR15 covering his sorry ass. This is actually an improvement, believe it or not. Haven't seen any shoes thrown either. 😂 ;)

• Haha
As I said, UF Wack-A-Mole continues.... 😎
CBN continues to play xfer QB-PP's (Miller then Mertz), instead of developing QB-dt Brown with a dual threat offense in preparation for QB-dt Lagway coming in.

So hey, who's the next xfer QB coming in for next year, or do they continue with Sr Mertz?
🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
As I said, UF Wack-A-Mole continues.... 😎
CBN continues to play xfer QB-PP's (Miller then Mertz), instead of developing QB-dt Brown with a dual threat offense in preparation for QB-dt Lagway coming in.

So hey, who's the next xfer QB coming in for next year, or do they continue with Sr Mertz?
🙄
The problem isn't Mertz. I think just about anyone can see that. Give him some protection, he's running for his life. Kid is a gamer.

I’m on the record as suspecting he’s a moron.
Florida loses in very stupid ways…take it for what it’s worth…

By the way, fantastic execution on the “substitution” with 8 seconds left in the game on a spike play…here’s Napier’s explanation…

"A player felt like he heard that specific word, that scenario," Napier said. "We have a player that's in charge of that. And he did it. Ultimately, the players around him followed him.

"I'll get to the bottom of it, but ultimately just having talked to that player, I think he thought he heard it, and he did his job.”

"There's no question that there was some confusion there, and we're fortunate. We're fortunate that we got away with that.”(emphasis added).

"That's one that I haven't been around before. I think that player, he's doing the absolute best that -- he's doing what he thought he was supposed to do. We'll get to the bottom of it."

It’s good to know that Coach Nap thinks we “got away with [it].”

Lol.

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/s...ly-napier-discusses-late-penalty/71432457007/

Last edited:
The problem isn't Mertz. I think just about anyone can see that. Give him some protection, he's running for his life. Kid is a gamer.
I'm not putting in on Mertz, I'm putting in on CBN for bringing him in instead of developing dual threat Brown. Besides his 41 passing TD's to 4 Ints, he also ran for 1,343 Yds and 20 TD with zero fumbles. And if you have a weak OL, a dual threat QB gives you a better chance IMOHO....

Billy talked about Brown's great potential when he flip/recruited him, but then he's left him on the bench for 2 seasons..... And anyone claiming that Brown is too dumb to learn Billy's excuse for a weak offense is an idiot imo....

One thing seems certain to me. They need to hire an OC that can plan and run a dual threat spread offense, and since this season is already in the toilet, playing Brown the rest of the way makes more sense to me that what they are doing and losing now with.... But as always, that's jmoho....

I'm not putting in on Mertz, I'm putting in on CBN for bringing him in instead of developing dual threat Brown. Besides his 41 passing TD's to 4 Ints, he also ran for 1,343 Yds and 20 TD with zero fumbles. And if you have a weak OL, a dual threat QB gives you a better chance IMOHO....

Billy talked about Brown's great potential when he flip/recruited him, but then he's left him on the bench for 2 seasons..... And anyone claiming that Brown is too dumb to learn Billy's excuse for a weak offense is an idiot imo....
I never said that, just like I said Trask needed an opportunity during the disaster Franks was. Not my call though. I'm just saying UF has a LOT of holes to fill, and QB ain't one of them this year.

Florida loses in very stupid ways…take it for what it’s worth…

By the way, fantastic execution on the “substitution” with 8 seconds left in the game on a spike play…here’s Napier’s explanation…

"A player felt like he heard that specific word, that scenario," Napier said. "We have a player that's in charge of that. And he did it. Ultimately, the players around him followed him.

"I'll get to the bottom of it, but ultimately just having talked to that player, I think he thought he heard it, and he did his job.”

"There's no question that there was some confusion there, and we're fortunate. We're fortunate that we got away with that.”(emphasis added).

"That's one that I haven't been around before. I think that player, he's doing the absolute best that -- he's doing what he thought he was supposed to do. We'll get to the bottom of it."

It’s good to know that Coach Nap thinks we “got away with it.”

Lol.

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/s...ly-napier-discusses-late-penalty/71432457007/
Throwing players under the bus per usual. This guys a toad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT