ADVERTISEMENT

Don vs Ron

Please show me where ANYONE fawns over Trump, son. You see...you are a liar. You are a democrat. Lying is what you specialize in. But let ME let YOU in on a little secret...we KNOW you are liars! So it is impossible to take you serious. When you are not lying...you do not know ANYTHING what you are talking about. so the moral of THIS story is...you should READ WAY, WAY more than you post! You actually MAY learn something to improve your unfortunate situation!

And YES..you are welcome for this advice.
OMG. Are you serious? You guys defend that clown any time there is even a minor criticism and sop up every thing he says. I’ve never seen anything like it.

”t I have come to know that Trump RARLY gets things wrong..”

Shoot me if I ever get that attached to ANY politician.

Paul Ryan, at a closed door meeting, named DeSantis among his Top 3 for 2024 included RDS who was NOT at this meeting. Nor did he seek out Ryan.

RDS did not ask for this and the former speaker may have actually said this in an attempt to work his way back into relevance for HIMSELF.

Do you know how these things are played?
So I got this wrong? In another thread this weekend you praised my posts.

Open your eyes. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
Healthy skepticism is good for you.
I DO question this...all that I am saying is that DeSantis has been VERY quiet about it.

I do not pay attention to the news much on the weekend, however with more time for thought on this subject...I believe this is ALL PLANNED to divide us, because the lefties FEAR Trump so much. They will do ANYTHING to get Trump out of the picture. I am not falling for this banana in the tail pipe anymore. THIS is exactly how crooked our government AND media is...please include Fox News in this comment....Paul Ryan is on their board...and he is BY FAR the most conservative person on that board. And he is NO conservative

OMG. Are you serious? You guys defend that clown any time there is even a minor criticism and sop up every thing he says. I’ve never seen anything like it.

”t I have come to know that Trump RARLY gets things wrong..”

Shoot me if I ever get that attached to ANY politician.
FJB says HEY Bsuck!! You had better duck!! LOLOLOL And I only know ONE poster that has a post. "God bless president Brandon" You kind of just made yourself look REALLY stupid with this post!! YOU clamor ALL OVER an idiot!! That cannot complete a sentence! LOLOLOL OH MY!!!!!! What IRONY!! LOLOLOL

Now RIGHT NOW...go outside and practice falling down, son! You NEED the practice !!!!!

It is crazy isn't it. Especially when Trump was fed a lie and ran with it. DeSantis will be my governor for FOUR more years and has no reason to challenge Trump. He has a big unfinished job here.

He is the governor of 22 million Floridians. He is young, he has small children, he is on the verge of running every Democrat out of statewide elected offices. When he is finished they will be contained in a little corner down in the Southeast with the Northeast transplants. And a few over in Orlando or up in Gainesville and Tallahassee. The rest of us will be FREE of Democrat influence.

DeSantis understands. So I say, Go Trump 2024 and Ron can lead us to the best four more years of our life. DeSantis is the best governor in my lifetime and I was born in Clearwater in 1943. My Dunedin boy rules.
I am guilty of this also.

• Love
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
It’s so interesting that the Trumpets are desperate to change the conversation away from his huge yet typical misstep on Saturday....
“Butbutbut Paul Ryan uttered his name out of left field oh noz”
In fact it was such a Trumpian screwup he had to walk it back at an appearance he made in Miami yesterday.
Don’t act like your concerned that RDS has been quiet on the subject.
That’s EXACTLY the smart thing to do. And you should know that.

It’s so interesting that the Trumpets are desperate to change the conversation away from his huge yet typical misstep on Saturday....
“Butbutbut Paul Ryan uttered his name out of left field oh noz”
In fact it was such a Trumpian screwup he had to walk it back at an appearance he made in Miami yesterday.
Don’t act like your concerned that RDS has been quiet on the subject.
That’s EXACTLY the smart thing to do. And you should know that.
So…..Trump can count on your vote if he is the nominee?

DeSantis doesn't have to say anything. He didn't start this and the last thing he needs is a verbal sparing with Trump 3 days before the election. What purpose would that serve. Trump has shown by his twitter history he just keeps on the same track and never let's it go.
And Trump has shown that he's always right.

If DeSantis ACTUALLY HAS BEEN TALKING WITH RYAN, then he would NOT SAY ANYTHING.

But if Trump got it wrong, all DeSantis has to do is say this: "I've heard some rumors that I'm working with establishment politicians in DC about running for President in 2024. Let me be clear: I am Florida's governor, and I am going to win tomorrow, and be Florida's governor for 4 more years. Let me also be clear that no one owns Ron DeSantis. I don't take orders from ANY politician. My loyalty is to the people of Florida, and my fellow Americans. If you can look at my record since 2018 and don't think you can trust me, then vote for someone else with my blessing. But if you believe as I do that Florida is the greatest state in the nation and want to protect the values that make Florida such, please vote for me tomorrow and let me serve you for 4 more years as your governor!"

That way he NEVER mentions a single politician, but he makes it CRYSTAL CLEAR to the establishment that he cannot be bought, and he makes Trump look like an idiot.

Instead, he's said nothing. And now his defenders will spin how that's the right move.

LOL Ok then.

Reactions: jfegaly
Bingo. It was a test. Get folks talking about it, and see what Desantis does. It amazes me that folks still haven’t figured out that Trump says things for a reason. And here we are….whole board talking about it, and Ron is going to have to respond.

It’s incredible that folks still haven’t figured this out.
Amazing, isn't it?

Trump ALWAYS does this. He gets evidence of wrongdoing, and instead of sharing that evidence, he makes public charges. That FORCES the charged party to react. I mean, he's been doing this for the last 7 years, hilarious that the Trump haters are still clueless when he does it.

What did Trump do even before he took office for his first term?

"OMG Obama spied on me! This is bullshit, how can this happen in America???"

Remember how the media reacted? Said he was insane. I have no doubt goldmom and theo were tripping over themselves to claim Trump was acting like a fool.

Here's the kicker: When Trump made that claim he HAD EVIDENCE THAT OBAMA HAD SPIED ON HIM. We would later learn that outgoing NSA Director Mike Rogers had discovered the surveillance during the transition period between the 2016 election and Trump's inauguration. Rogers noted 'abnormal' surveillance of Trump Tower by obama, and actually brought it to obama's attention, who did nothing. That is why Rogers took it to Trump, because he was outraged that the sitting president would actually spy on the incoming one.

When he briefed Trump on what obama was doing, Trump immediately left Trump Tower and went to Florida. This can all be verified by simple internet searches.

So why didn't Trump share his evidence when he made the claim?

Cause he was giving obama and the media a chance to call him a liar.

That happened, then Trump shows the evidence.

Same thing is happening here. Trump has evidence that DeSantis has been meeting with Ryan and his group about running in 2024. Trump put it out there, now DeSantis has to respond.

So far, no response from DeSantis. Trump DID encourage Miami voters to vote for DeSantis last night, so it's possible DeSantis met with Trump and they sorted things out.

If this story goes away and DeSantis doesn't run in 2024, it strongly suggests that Trump's message got through.

I hope it does, cause if not, DeSantis' political career is done.

Bow before the king, you mean.

This is all so silly. Friendly fire and the only people benefiting are the enemy.
No. Just don’t want more George Bushes, mccains etc (no not talking about policy). What I mean is candidates who don’t deal with things head on, and instead allow rumors to become narratives, and narrative’s to become perception. Perception may not be reality, but it’s peoples reality.

Bow before the king, you mean.

This is all so silly. Friendly fire and the only people benefiting are the enemy.
The funny thing is, if Trump was actually WRONG about this, then DeSantis calling him out on it would make him a hero. There are SO many DeSantis supporters who would gladly support him over Trump.

And many Trump supporters who call Trump out on a massive misstep. I would, so would every other Trump supporter here.

But instead....we get silence. Hope that means DeSantis got the message.

Well you are wrong...as you are very often. Your ASS uming things that are just not so. Are you a democrat? Because that is what lefties do. I DO NOT want to believe it, and so far, no one in the DeSantis camp is saying anything about it. I LOVE Ron DeSantis. It would really hurt me if this WAS true. But I have come to know that Trump RARLY gets things wrong. So I would really like DeSantis to REBUKE Paul Ryan...not get in to it with Trump. And I do not approve of what Trump did.
Very good post. Trump made (yet again) an undisciplined mistake and in turn DS should not get into it with Trump.

If DS, McConnell and others think that Trump is wrong for the Republican party, then let the voters decide in 2024 as this will be the last time that Trump will run as he 76 and would be 84 come 2028.

McConnell, assuming he is "plotting" voted to not impeach as he thought that the voters, not the senate, should allow for people to pick the 2024 president.

On Trump - he often is spot on, when he is calm and disciplined. When he feels under stress, he, like most humans, presses and makes mistakes. It happens. The difference is great leaders, QBs, etc. is that they recognize this about themselves, and step back, versus doubling down.

Final item on discipline, if Georgia goes to a run-off, he needs to BE DISCIPLINED and not announce. Georgia was already lost during a run-off which cost the Republicans the senate. It CANNOT happen again, if the Georgia seat is the swinging vote for control.

Very good post. Trump made (yet again) an undisciplined mistake and in turn DS should not get into it with Trump.

If DS, McConnell and others think that Trump is wrong for the Republican party, then let the voters decide in 2024 as this will be the last time that Trump will run as he 76 and would be 84 come 2028.

McConnell, assuming he is "plotting" voted to not impeach as he thought that the voters, not the senate, should allow for people to pick the 2024 president.

On Trump - he often is spot on, when he is calm and disciplined. When he feels under stress, he, like most humans, presses and makes mistakes. It happens. The difference is great leaders, QBs, etc. is that they recognize this about themselves, and step back, versus doubling down.

Final item on discipline, if Georgia goes to a run-off, he needs to BE DISCIPLINED and not announce. Georgia was already lost during a run-off which cost the Republicans the senate. It CANNOT happen again, if the Georgia seat is the swinging vote for control.
Wow, I didn’t realize you were this far off on how trump operates. How much do you pay in taxes again?

The funny thing is, if Trump was actually WRONG about this, then DeSantis calling him out on it would make him a hero. There are SO many DeSantis supporters who would gladly support him over Trump.

And many Trump supporters who call Trump out on a massive misstep. I would, so would every other Trump supporter here.

But instead....we get silence. Hope that means DeSantis got the message.

If the goal is for Trump to triumph over DeSantis or for DeSantis to triumph over Trump, then I would agree. I personally don't believe either has anything to gain by admonishing the other.

If DeSantis trashes Trump for his comments, the party itself suffers and DeSantis has very little to gain from it. Discretion is the better part of valor...and that has always been one reason I personally prefer DeSantis. But he can also be ruthless when the situation calls for it.

If they go after one another, only the left wins. That's just unwise.

Reactions: jhgator
If the goal is for Trump to triumph over DeSantis or for DeSantis to triumph over Trump, then I would agree. I personally don't believe either has anything to gain by admonishing the other.

If DeSantis trashes Trump for his comments, the party itself suffers and DeSantis has very little to gain from it. Discretion is the better part of valor...and that has always been one reason I personally prefer DeSantis. But he can also be ruthless when the situation calls for it.

It's got nothing to do with Trump vs DeSantis. It's about Trump sending a message to DeSantis that he knows what he's been up to, and a message to Paul Ryan and his group to stay the hell away from America First candidates like DeSantis.

This is what Trump always does: He gets the evidence of wrong-doing, then he makes the attack. He does that intentionally, so the denials will come out, then he presents the evidence.

DeSantis is saying nothing. That tells me that either he's hoping this will blow over (it wont of course) or he's talked to Trump privately and he knows he screwed up and its done.

This was about sending a message to Paul Ryan moreso than DeSantis. As @jfegaly said, anyone that's watched Trump over the last few years should know what he's up to, but amazingly, people always miss it.

It's about Trump sending a message to DeSantis that he knows what he's been up to,

If he has indeed been up to anything.

Still, DeSantis would have very little to gain by commenting publicly, whether he did something wrong or not. The only people who would gain from that is the left.

Ron is a brutally effective policy maker. Trump is not. Independents will vote for Ron. Independents don’t like trump. Moderate independents will vote for Ron. Moderate independents will not vote for trump. Choose wisely.

-a moderate independent

If he has indeed been up to anything.
Then that means our options are:

1 - DeSantis got his head turned by Paul Ryan and his lackies, who stroked his ego and got in his ear that he needs to run against Trump in 24

or

2 - Trump lied and made the whole thing up.

Ok, I know which one is more plausible to me. In either event, I can see why DeSantis wouldn't want to comment publicly. If Trump made the whole thing up, then I think DeSantis could easily comment publicly WITHOUT mentioning Trump OR Ryan, but make it clear where his priorities are. I think that public statement would galvanize support for DeSantis, and would ironically touch off a groundswell of support for a 24 run IMO.

But instead we have silence from DeSantis, which is what I expected all along.

Then that means our options are:

1 - DeSantis got his head turned by Paul Ryan and his lackies, who stroked his ego and got in his ear that he needs to run against Trump in 24

or

2 - Trump lied and made the whole thing up.

Ok, I know which one is more plausible to me. In either event, I can see why DeSantis wouldn't want to comment publicly. If Trump made the whole thing up, then I think DeSantis could easily comment publicly WITHOUT mentioning Trump OR Ryan, but make it clear where his priorities are. I think that public statement would galvanize support for DeSantis, and would ironically touch off a groundswell of support for a 24 run IMO.

Or...

3. Trump acted in good faith based on bad information.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Ron is a brutally effective policy maker. Trump is not. Independents will vote for Ron. Independents don’t like trump. Moderate independents will vote for Ron. Moderate independents will not vote for trump. Choose wisely.

-a moderate independent
I guy named notbillysburner who claims to be a moderate independent.

Where have we seen this act before?

If Trump made the whole thing up, then I think DeSantis could easily comment publicly WITHOUT mentioning Trump OR Ryan, but make it clear where his priorities are. I think that public statement would galvanize support for DeSantis, and would ironically touch off a groundswell of support for a 24 run IMO.

Also, this entire thing would get VERY ugly, even if DeSantis didn't screw up. This would cost them both...and that doesn't make sense for either man.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Or...

Accusing DeSantis of getting in bed with Paul Ryan without confirming isn't acting in good faith.

No one on the planet has better access to information than Trump does. When is the last time he made an accusation and someone proved he got it wrong?

Or...

Not saying that’s impossible, but we can look at other things for probabilities.

I remember Trump was nuts for saying obama spied on him, and a litany of other comments we were told were crazy…..that ended up true.

Accusing DeSantis of getting in bed with Paul Ryan without confirming isn't acting in good faith.

No one on the planet has better access to information than Trump does. When is the last time he made an accusation and someone proved he got it wrong?

Anyone can get bad information.

Isn't it possible that a meet happened where RDS told them, "I'm not running against Trump?"

In such a case, Trump's Intel isn't even bad...just incomplete. There are a million possibilities here of what may have transpired. My position is that I don't want this to hurt Trump or DeSantis erroneously or unnecessarily.

-a moderate independent
LOL. Prepare to be attacked by the Trump mob. In their mind, there is no such thing as an independent. The sheep know only to follow their master.

Yes he did

Reactions: grandhavendiddy

Agree with this all. Trump fell for the banana in the tail pipe, and I imagine it is because he is concerned with DeSantis's popularity. DeSantis almost ALWAYS says and does the right thing for his voters. DeSantis is a better politician than Trump is. I do believe Trump is and will be a better President, however who knows.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Not saying that’s impossible, but we can look at other things for probabilities.

I remember Trump was nuts for saying obama spied on him, and a litany of other comments we were told were crazy…..that ended up true.
True...I wish someone would fess up here, however it will NOT change my mind on who I want running the Country...UNLESS DeSantis is cozying up to the establishment in ANY way. That would be a HUGE mistake, and I believe he is smarter than that. He knows who his supporters are

-a moderate independent
WRONG. You watch too much CNN. Not even CLOSE to being ANYTHING near the truth. Secondly, if someone is THAT STUPID...they OWE ME REPARATION'S for being stupid. I prefer 2 dollar gas, 2% interest rates, no supply chain crisis, closed borders, no bailouts for poorly ran liberal cities, strong military and many other things that in TWO years changed HORRIBLY.

THIS is what I HOPE happened, however even if Trump acted wrong here...I STILL appreciate what he brings to the table in running our Country. Just remember this...who are the democrat PETRIFIED of? THAT is who I want to be President!
If Trump ran on bad information then it would be a first and he should APOLOGIZE to his supporters AND publicly to DeSantis.

LOL. Prepare to be attacked by the Trump mob. In their mind, there is no such thing as an independent. The sheep know only to follow their master.
There are not very many. One just needs to ask who these "independents" voted for the last 5-6 presidential elections. That tells the whole story. LOVE to educate the very slow. I expect a THANK YOU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT