ADVERTISEMENT

Don vs Ron

Well yeah, I still have fond memories of our pillow talks.

That said, you cannot fix the future without properly dealing with the past. There is a reason they used to teach history in school.
Too bad the republicans want to limit what history is being taught 🤣😉

• Haha
Reactions: BCSpell
Well, We told you Trump would destroy Ron and that Ron should wait for 28. Also a ton of smoke that Ron is snuggling up to the Rino wing of the party, so there’s that.
Trump will be tough for any R in the primary, but Ron thinks he's God and/or the chosen one because they way FL treats him. Hence, Trump nickname for him. It will be interesting.

LOL. I’m glad I ventured into this thread. It’s Golden.

Trumpers truly are in a cult. They are so far up his ass it smells.

What I learned ITT is that the board “moderates”. Folks that voted for kasich, carter, Romney, Mccain, etc…..still think they know what a good governing conservative is.

You really can’t make this up.

What I learned ITT is that the board “moderates”. Folks that voted for kasich, carter, Romney, Mccain, etc…..still think they know what a good governing conservative is.

You really can’t make this up.
Hahahah. This guy actually thinks Trump is a conservative. The same guy who busted the federal budget, shut the country down, instituted tariffs (ie taxes on consumers), made friends with dictators, etc. Reagan must be rolling in his grave as to what the Pub Party became under Trump.

Calling him names isn't really destroying him. If anything, it makes Trump look worse (if that's possible).

I do hope DeSantis waits until 2028. I want him fully focused on Florida.
Trump doesn't care about class or fair play. Remember he chewed up Ted Cruz as well before they became allies.

Reactions: jfegaly
Hahahah. This guy actually thinks Trump is a conservative. The same guy who busted the federal budget, shut the country down, instituted tariffs (ie taxes on consumers), made friends with dictators, etc. Reagan must be rolling in his grave as to what the Pub Party became under Trump.
Trump is fiscally conservative and understands taxing Americans isn't the way to generate money, the best way is to add to the workforce and keep taxes lower thus increasing spending.

Trump is fiscally conservative and understands taxing Americans isn't the way to generate money, the best way is to add to the workforce and keep taxes lower thus increasing spending.
LOLOOL. Trump spent more than any president in history. It’s not a conservative principle to reduce revenues while increasing spending. It’s fiscally irresponsible. Do you manage your household that way?

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I have heard this, but truly doubt it. It would ruin him. Makes zero sense.
Follow the $$$. And who/what that money typically supports. It’s what I will be doing.

More smoke FWIW. It’s almost comical that Fox is trying to tell folks he “moved on”. Wait, was he ever with Trump? Come on folks. The article even says “never donated to Trumps campaign” but did give to his inaugural committee. Lol, basically… oh crap I better give them something now that they are in charge. Lol.

And if you’re interested to see who this cat donates to…..

If you need help with who some of those groups/people are….here is one example from the list.

William Daley:

William Michael Daley (born August 8, 1948) is an American lawyer, politician and former banker.[1] He served as White House Chief of Staff to President Barack Obama, from January 2011 to January 2012.[2] He also served as U.S. Secretary of Commerce, from 1997 to 2000, under President Bill Clinton.[3] He has also served on the executive committee of JPMorgan Chase & Co.[2] Daley was a candidate for Governor of Illinois in the 2014 gubernatorial election,

Last edited:
LOLOOL. Trump spent more than any president in history. It’s not a conservative principle to reduce revenues while increasing spending. It’s fiscally irresponsible. Do you manage your household that way?
Republicans ALWAYS have to come rebuild the military after democrats cut spending and make the world a dangerous place. Reagan had the same dilemma. And lets not forget that ANYTIME a republican wants to pass a bill and have ANY lefty support...they tack on BILLIONS of special interest BS to get their kickbacks.

Calling him names isn't really destroying him. If anything, it makes Trump look worse (if that's possible).

I do hope DeSantis waits until 2028. I want him fully focused on Florida.
Trump will and should run in 2024 and DeSantis in 2028.

Taking shots at DeSantis does no one any good. Classic Trump flaw: undisciplined.
Like to limit it to actual stuff that happened? They make liberal indoctrination hard, those rascals.
It should be to what really happened and what specific, narrow cohorts, were truly involved and, in turn, the broad set of the country who were abolitionists.

The 1619 project had some compelling points and broader constructs (e.g. in a broad economy, free/slave labor does drive profitability to other segments and is not isolated - that is right). It also had some profoundly flawed and ideologically driven precepts (e.g. American Revolution done to protect slavery).

It should also highlight that there was a profound slave network in place in Africa for centuries and that the Spanish/Portugese and British tapped into those existing slave networks.

It should also highlight that if you see a wealthy Nigerian American (read: Emmanuel Acho, who I happen to like and respect a great deal) there is a likelihood that his family wealth came from African based slave networks.

It should also highlight that if you see brown communities with spanish descent that there is a likelihood that s/he's family profited off of the slave trade and is not also a "victim community".

Again, if we want to have a more fulsome discussion - let's do it and be able to have the multi-lateral discussion that is required.

If not, then the discussion is not about learning and understanding (which it should be), it's about power.

I partially agree with this. Trump is a successful businessman, and as such his philosophy is 'you gotta spend money to make money'. True fiscal conservatives don't like to hear that. For instance when it came to his infrastructure plan, fiscal conservatives panicked over the price tag. He explained he was fine with spending $5 today, to get a $10 return tomorrow. A fiscal conservative says you spend the next month saving $5, then you do the deal when you can pay for it.

Trump's plan is to do deals that pay for themselves. I see why fiscal conservatives push back on principle, but Trump has a track record of successful deals, so they should have embraced him. Track records matter.

Taking shots at DeSantis does no one any good. Classic Trump flaw: undisciplined.

It should be to what really happened and what specific, narrow cohorts, were truly involved and, in turn, the broad set of the country who were abolitionists.

The 1619 project had some compelling points and broader constructs (e.g. in a broad economy, free/slave labor does drive profitability to other segments and is not isolated - that is right). It also had some profoundly flawed and ideologically driven precepts (e.g. American Revolution done to protect slavery).

It should also highlight that there was a profound slave network in place in Africa for centuries and that the Spanish/Portugese and British tapped into those existing slave networks.

It should also highlight that if you see a wealthy Nigerian American (read: Emmanuel Acho, who I happen to like and respect a great deal) there is a likelihood that his family wealth came from African based slave networks.

It should also highlight that if you see brown communities with spanish descent that there is a likelihood that s/he's family profited off of the slave trade and is not also a "victim community".

Again, if we want to have a more fulsome discussion - let's do it and be able to have the multi-lateral discussion that is required.

If not, then the discussion is not about learning and understanding (which it should be), it's about power.
We all agree about this side of Trump. However if it means a strong military, low energy prices, law and order, low mortgage rates, peace through strength, BOOMING economy for everyone, I will tolerate it. I do wish he could refrain...and hopefully he will. On the other side of this...what would you do if you were unfairly attacked by the media every single day? That is why most of the tweets happened.

23646642.gif

I partially agree with this. Trump is a successful businessman, and as such his philosophy is 'you gotta spend money to make money'. True fiscal conservatives don't like to hear that. For instance when it came to his infrastructure plan, fiscal conservatives panicked over the price tag. He explained he was fine with spending $5 today, to get a $10 return tomorrow. A fiscal conservative says you spend the next month saving $5, then you do the deal when you can pay for it.

Trump's plan is to do deals that pay for themselves. I see why fiscal conservatives push back on principle, but Trump has a track record of successful deals, so they should have embraced him. Track records matter.
Not necessarily. You cannot keep ignoring infrastructure...and it would have been a MUCH better time to deal with it when the economy was good and inflation was non existent, instead of now after FJB ruined all of this

You guys take those shots personally. Trump doesn't. Neither do his targets. Well the libs do, but they are perpetually petty and mad at the world.

Remember 'Little Marco' Rubio? Now a strong Trump ally. What about Ted Cruz? I think he accused his dad of being the Zodiac killer or some such nonsense. Another strong Trump ally today.

Trump acts a fool to either get people to change their behavior, or to highlight their behavior.

And it works amazingly well. It will work amazingly well with DeSantis too. Ron will either wise up and get out of bed with the RINOs, or he will stay in bed with them, and prove Trump was right to call him out.

FWIW, Trump encouraged the crowd at his Miami rally last night to vote for DeSantis.

We all agree about this side of Trump. However if it means a strong military, low energy prices, law and order, low mortgage rates, peace through strength, BOOMING economy for everyone, I will tolerate it. I do wish he could refrain...and hopefully he will. On the other side of this...what would you do if you were unfairly attacked by the media every single day? That is why most of the tweets happened.
My take on this has always been: Trump's job is to be the wrecking ball. He is here to blow shit up, and to expose all. Being 'presidential' isn't an option, we are unofficially at war.

Once Trump has drained the swamp, and we've rebuild America back to its former glory, THEN we can focus on less important things, like having a President that acts more like Ronald Reagan and less like Donald Trump.

Till then, we need to focus on the big picture: Saving America. We can count farts at the table some other time.

Good to see their are folks still falling for media narratives. OMG, can you believe what Trump said about Desantis?

Yes I can, it’s how you bring light to darkness.

Good to see their are folks still falling for media narratives. OMG, can you believe what Trump said about Desantis?

Yes I can, it’s how you bring light to darkness.
There's absolutely no discussion of why DeSantis cuddling up to Paul Ryan is a massive red flag.

I'm honestly stunned. I suspected the RINO posters would attack Trump, but NO ONE has an issue with the future star of the republican party morphing into another establishment hack before our very eyes?

I'm honestly stunned. We have the most short-sighted and selfish voters I have ever seen.

There's absolutely no discussion of why DeSantis cuddling up to Paul Ryan is a massive red flag.

I'm honestly stunned. I suspected the RINO posters would attack Trump, but NO ONE has an issue with the future star of the republican party morphing into another establishment hack before our very eyes?

I'm honestly stunned. We have the most short-sighted and selfish voters I have ever seen.
And then there is this.

Follow the money

Question:
Should RDS become the nominee of the Republican Party will you vote for him?
It’s a yes or no question.
I would. Won't try to speak for anyone else, BUT I will assume most would. Another 4 years of the DEM leadership will push this country so far that we would never recover. Just like I voted for Trump once he won the Repub primary. He wasn't my choice going in, but once he won, he became my guy. And reviewing his policies, if he runs, I will vote for him again in the Repub primary.

Reactions: goldmom
Question:
Should RDS become the nominee of the Republican Party will you vote for him?
It’s a yes or no question.
Same question back to you. If DJT becomes the nominee will you vote for him?

Oh wait, you already told the board you wouldn’t. Interesting you bring this up.

No, we are all for history being taught. WHAT we don't like is the LEFT changing/making up history to tell a story that they want told, to push their agenda.
Amen!
Don’t hide our history but don’t change it or use it to teach our kids to hate each other. 🇺🇸

Reactions: BCSpell
I will tolerate it too, but it really hurts the party and in turn DJT. Let's go through Ghost's rubric that says that Trump runs in 24 and DeSantis in 28.

Why take shots at Ron now? If Ron goes hard and pejoratively at Trump - then sure, DJT has every right to hit back. Ron (to my knowledge) has been silent. It's unnecessary, undisciplined and plays into the narrative that Trump does things out of ego - which in turn, hurts him with suburban women.

Back to DJT, he needs to be able to work with the broader Republican party. Not the true republicans in name only like Chaney and Kinzinger who are, it appears to most, using J6 for other political and financial aims but others like DeSantis who may not operate or agree with DJT on everything, but on all of the big things - the things you note above (and add in strong borders), Ron and DJT are fully aligned.

I will tolerate it too, but it really hurts the party and in turn DJT. Let's go through Ghost's rubric that says that Trump runs in 24 and DeSantis in 28.

Why take shots at Ron now?
Because DeSantis is getting in bed with Paul Ryan, now.

Again, no one here has a problem with DeSantis cozying up to Paul Ryan? Who is cozy with obama and hildabeast?

No one here sees the potential ramifications?

It's absolutely stunning to me. The Trump haters are so obsessed with Trump and finding fault in his actions that they give the actions of everyone else a complete pass.

The irony? If DeSantis had called out Trump for getting in bed with Paul Ryan, every Trump hater here that's crying about Trump's behavior would be praising DeSantis to the sky.

It's absolutely stunning. I understand why the republican party's rising star cozying up to Paul Ryan is a bad move.

I suspect you did too, till Trump said something mean about it.

Why take shots at Ron now? If Ron goes hard and pejoratively at Trump - then sure, DJT has every right to hit back. Ron (to my knowledge) has been silent. It's unnecessary, undisciplined and plays into the narrative that Trump does things out of ego - which in turn, hurts him with suburban women.

Back to DJT, he needs to be able to work with the broader Republican party. Not the true republicans in name only like Chaney and Kinzinger who are, it appears to most, using J6 for other political and financial aims but others like DeSantis who may not operate or agree with DJT on everything, but on all of the big things - the things you note above (and add in strong borders), Ron and DJT are fully aligned.
If your last sentence is spot on then it’s time for RDS. I won’t debate your other points because in some cases we’d be splitting hairs and it’s imperative that Republicans are 100% united.

Turn the page, move forward and let’s let 80 year olds enjoy their final years. Focus on the real issues the country is facing and not on revenge driven payback centered on one person.

• Haha
Weird. The moderates come out full force at election time, but the rest of the time are asleep at the wheel.

Shocking development.

Weird. The moderates come out full force at election time, but the rest of the time are asleep at the wheel.

Shocking development.
Probably just leave it to the loudmouth dummies and the paid trolls and organizers the rest of the time.

Reactions: GatorTheo

Shocking development.
Moderates generally aren't fanatics. They have lives to live. They look at each issue separately. They're not in lockstep with either side.

Many, if not most, people fit into that category.

Reactions: goldmom
Probably just leave it to the ones that pay attention at all times. While the rest of us sit on our porches reading AARP magazines until the news tells us what to do.
Fify.

interesting that you thought “moderate” applied to you.

oh, about that ignore thing….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT