ADVERTISEMENT

Don vs Ron

Which proves my point, nobody feel bad and nobody is calling our country the worse. It's just pointing out history. Taking land because you won a war is still the same. If the US decides to invade Canada to expand the US, that would be stealing their land.

Ill argue the reason why some people want to limit racial and bad history is because they feel bad about America history and it goes against the narrative that America is so perfect.

I’m the granddaughter of Irish immigrants who faced some discrimination when they got here but they loved America.
We’re not perfect. But we ain’t too bad either. 🇺🇸

EVERYONE in Florida of a certain age had parents who were blue dog democrats.
The guys who ran the Legislature up through the 70’s were panhandle Dems who make us look like libbies,
I remember this well. My area here in the panhandle you could not vote if you were Republican. But those were NOTHING like the commie democrats of today. I think around mid 70's to late 70's this all changed

Reactions: goldmom
Ahhh. The ol subject change. Again. I didn’t vote in Romney or Mccain elections. Why? Because a Rino is worse than a dem IMO.

Bush? Yeah. He fooled me, but he is a hack.
You seriously didn't vote in 2 elections? Smh

I’m the granddaughter of Irish immigrants who faced some discrimination when they got here but they loved America.
We’re not perfect. But we ain’t too bad either. 🇺
My grandfather was jewish and my wife is part Italian. Her grandfather, a surgeon, had nothing when he came over to america.

Now my wife gets painted with the brush of "white privledge".

Kalim - I know you are, reasonable, at your heart. But, if we are going to into such subject, then we, to other's points, cannot stop at the " 'white' person bad'" mark. We need to go further...

We need to, with slavery, talk about the 1,000s of years of slave networks that the Portugese, Spanish and British (and Dutch) tapped into on the coasts and where (for example) Nigerian royalty bartered slaves for weapons in their wars.

We need to talk about the warring Indian tribes and the atrocities visited upon the groups (parallel to what happened in Europe, Africa, Middle East, etc.).

We need to talk about how Chinese Laborers were sold from Chinese Labor wholesalers in the 1850s.

In the end, I celebrate all that we have here in America, recognize it's flaws, and celebrate that each year we become more inclusive and celebrate the similarities and differences between us.

Reactions: goldmom
If Trump ran on bad information then it would be a first and he should APOLOGIZE to his supporters AND publicly to DeSantis.

IF that's the case, a private apology would be better for everyone in the long run imo. No need to feed the flames by giving the story more oxygen.

Which proves my point, nobody feel bad and nobody is calling our country the worse. It's just pointing out history. Taking land because you won a war is still the same. If the US decides to invade Canada to expand the US, that would be stealing their land.

Ill argue the reason why some people want to limit racial and bad history is because they feel bad about America history and it goes against the narrative that America is so perfect.

I don't know anyone who claims that America is, or ever has been, perfect. That's just more BS from you.

Not perfect...just the closest to it mankind has accomplished thus far.

If you want to spend your days apologizing for whatever you feel we need to apologize for, have at it. I personally think it's ridiculous and condescending to those who you're apologizing to but you do you.

You seriously didn't vote in 2 elections? Smh
Yep. It’s your vote to do with what you like.

If I served you dinner and you had 3 options.

1. Horse 💩
2. Dog 💩
Or
3. None of the above.

I choose option 3 Every time. Sometimes it’s better not to eat.

You on the other hand….sounds like you end up eating some sort of 💩

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT