ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series thread

Amazing stuff from this Gator baseball team. Now let's go beat LSU with 1 hand tied behind our backs. That's sort of what it will be like without Faedo, although if we get to a game 3 it wouldn't surprise me if he makes an appearance for a few innings. What a pitcher. And Byrne got his 18th save. Incredible.

Faedo is a stud. How about him staring down the TCU dugout after sitting them down in the second inning? Best pitcher in college baseball this year. Not even close.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
giphy.gif
In all fairness, that was the lightest i ever was again or since in my life, once I stepped on the field in the SEC I was an easy 20 lbs heavier, but I was still running a mid to high 4.4 every time they clocked us and the Saints Scouts when I was a freshman.. I got faster once I got used to carrying my new weight and muscle at Bama though, I remember feeling like a machine there, from the roids they put in our post workout shakes

I know this does not matter at this point but did anybody see the "so called hit" by Maldonado that was not even a hit? He tipped the ball, the ball hit the catchers glove then the ball went into the infield and they called it a hit. Even the dumbarse of ESPN commentators missed it and thought it was a hit. Even with slow motion replay as the commentators were talking about the "HIT" I was like how stupid can they be, that was not a hit. How did the UMPs miss it is beyond me!!! This is why COLLEGE BASEBALL needs video replay just like the MLB has. Give each team 3 replays and if they win the replay they get to keep them. The umpires are missing many calls and its getting stupid if you ask me.

Joe Alleva thinks it is perfectly OK for the lower seeded LSU team be the home team for two of the possible three Final games. (the later happens to be true.)

Reactions: sadgator
In the three games LSU played against Oregon, they were outscored by a cumulative score of 15-10 runs. LSU is in the finals.

In the three games Florida played against TCU, they were outscored by a cumulative score of 9-8 runs. Florida is in the finals.

Baseball is a funny, funny game

he just picks up the 40 yard line and carries it to the goal line, in under the time it takes cj spiller to do so...

I would undoubtedly blow gator numbers up with one punch, then prance my way across the finish line.

I know this does not matter at this point but did anybody see the "so called hit" by Maldonado that was not even a hit? He tipped the ball, the ball hit the catchers glove then the ball went into the infield and they called it a hit. Even the dumbarse of ESPN commentators missed it and thought it was a hit. Even with slow motion replay as the commentators were talking about the "HIT" I was like how stupid can they be, that was not a hit. How did the UMPs miss it is beyond me!!! This is why COLLEGE BASEBALL needs video replay just like the MLB has. Give each team 3 replays and if they win the replay they get to keep them. The umpires are missing many calls and its getting stupid if you ask me.

I saw that too, but I thought that it rebounded off of the catchers face mask grid.

I agree that replays would help.
I also want a big screen at the stadiums that put up a 'strike box' over home plate, so that everyone knows instantly when the plate Ump is blind, biased, inconsistent, corrupt, or just totally incompetent with his strike/ball calls.... o_O

Last edited:
See you tonight bishes :)

Seriously, should be a good series. I think you win with your top pitcher and we win with our top pitcher Lang. After that, it's anybody's guess.

Who's in Omaha? The weather here is awesome. It's like winter in Gainesville here today, highs in the mid 70s and no humidity.

Wish I was in Omaha. CWS is definitely on my list.

Need Singer to pick up right where Faedo left off, like he did last time. Faedo's probably got three or four innings in him for Wednesday, and Byrne probably has five innings for the series, so if we get tonight, I'll feel pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT