ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series thread

Great game. Gators made every defensive play. Singer and Byrne did their thing, and the lineup kept scratching out runs with minimal hits. Guthrie's diving catch on that foul ball and then scoring on the foul ball were amazing. That guy wants to win a CWS!

Gators win a 1-run ball game again!. Singer was awesome. India got a huge hit and Byrne was Byrne. I'm not a Bernie Sanders fan, but us Gators should be "FEELING the Byrne!"

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Great game. Gators made every defensive play. Singer and Byrne did their thing, and the lineup kept scratching out runs with minimal hits. Guthrie's diving catch on that foul ball and then scoring on the foul ball were amazing. That guy wants to win a CWS!

We finally got a bunch out there that's composed and wants it more than everyone else, Finally... They are comfortable and are playing above themselves every night, if any of those other teams we brought to omaha had this bunches heart, we'd have multiple rings...

Think it will be very hard to win it tomorrow though, their pitching is better and so are their bats because of it.. Wouldn't be shocked to see us lose tomorrow night by a few or more runs, that's just how it's been set up for now until we can mix and match for the last game. Would be more than happy to see it closed out tomorrow night though, but just realistically speaking.. LSU should and will be favored to win the one tomorrow night

I really thought on the Guthrie play, he ran over there to purposely get his face in the dirt. He saw an opportunity to make a play to get his team going. Then he capped it off next inning by drawing a walk and scoring on a foul pop-up. That's Gator baseball!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Should Florida play FAEDO tonight? I know LSU is going to start their ace pitcher but I think Florida should finish this tonight!!!!

Didn't Florida beat LSU in the regular season with LSUs ace on the mound?

EDIT: yea UF beat LSU with Poche on the mound by the score of 8-1!!!!

Last edited:
Man. Last week they couldn't make a left turn. Today they are the Yankees. You are everywhere with this bunch.

Read the words instead of the way you want them to read..

They have heart and want to win, that doesn't mean they still can't hit.. nothing ive said has changed.. You want it to be extreme to extreme

EITHER NUMBERS LOVES THEM OR WANTS THEM DEAD NO IN BETWEENS NOT FAIR

I really thought on the Guthrie play, he ran over there to purposely get his face in the dirt. He saw an opportunity to make a play to get his team going. Then he capped it off next inning by drawing a walk and scoring on a foul pop-up. That's Gator baseball!

you would think we'd figure out a way to do that by now, we have plenty experience with them..

UFvs_LSU.jpg
This will clear up the so called out call that LSU fans keeps whining and crying about. Clearly the LSU player's foot was off the bag and he was tagged out. BTW You cannot call time out before the umpire can rule on a call and you cannot call timeout during the play itself:

https://s2.postimg.org/tut9yhsxl/UFvs_LSU.jpg

Should Florida play FAEDO tonight? I know LSU is going to start their ace pitcher but I think Florida should finish this tonight!!!!

Didn't Florida beat LSU in the regular season with LSUs ace on the mound?

EDIT: yea UF beat LSU with Poche on the mound by the score of 8-1!!!!
Faedo is going to get a multi-million dollar signing bonus when the CWS is over and O'Sullivan is not going to risk the kid's future by pitching him without ample rest for his arm. Faedo just threw 100 or so pitches Saturday night and the MOST Sully will use him, IMO, would be a couple innings of relief on Wednesday night. Tonight for us will be like last night for LSU. Start a good pitcher who hasn't thrown a whole lot this year and see how far he can go. And then mix and match the bullpen to try to hold LSU down in hopes the offense can score enough runs to win. If needed, Kowar will start tomorrow and Byrne will be given extended innings if needed.

All per MSU.

There's no way we have a hitting coach, these kids are the worst disciplined at the plate iv'e seen at a level this high... Who is it? Kid just swung at two more balls would have been 2-0 and got a hitters count or walked in the run to cut the deficit to 1 at worst if these kids have any discipline or patience in the box..

And the outfielders i just can't get over that shit out there they have pulled.. Two outs in that huge outfield that already gives the pitchers every advantage in the world and ours are letting balls land in the park right in front of them with no chance to make a play, inexcusable... And that last one to Center was just pathetic by that kid, they are all to slow... I knew it was a matter of time we can't rely on gems from pitchers but he has at least 10 strikeouts and these kids can't catch fly balls with two outs playing too shallow to give up all their runs with two away... We have still relied on long balls to score all our runs, then the fundamentals kick in for our baserunning with terrible coaching at 3rd and not a single kid in the lineup can even come close to laying a bunt down, and the time they finally did they threw out our lead runner at third...

This is the point where the bad coaching and managing has shown up every year in omaha, be 0% surprised if we lose tomorrow night and be done going from the past too.. The lineup isn't near good enough to win on this stage, and if we played LSU even if we won tomorrow, we'd get south carolina'd by the refs like the elite 8 and Finals getting swept in 2011.... Any staff should have won at least once with this programs talent and pitching and they haven't even done it once, you should have at least one by luck like Calipari... Every time we play other SEC teams on the national stage we lose, if we win we better pray it's OSU so we are the underdogs before we get ref'd/umpired like we always have in the past...

Sully knew this lineup was done an hour ago and threw guys that never pitch and never will again when it matters, kid walks the bases loaded and shits himself, then throws two more rookie of the year pre broken arm pitches that can't get to the plate then leaves the game, kid is mlb ready and the next guy, walk everyone then throw meatballs for jacks in the gap to stretch the deficit further.. That's what all MLB pitchers get paid to do for a living and steal currency for

the managing has been bad yearly and that's why they have still yet to win with more talent, everyone knows it.. God forbid it's me that points it out, when everyone else says the same thing you don't care..

and they have been 3 games away from winning it a few times, but games like tomorrow facing elimination backs against the wall, how many has sully won since he's been here?

In baseball we do and sully has many faults, plenty of guys could win and do the minimum he does each year, but theres a reason he hasn't finished it off with all the trips there, and they have been pointed out by thousands of people not just me...

and lol at the "melt downs" my expectations for baseball with Sully winning the thing left the window many years ago.. Especially the kent state choke

We finally got a bunch out there that's composed and wants it more than everyone else, Finally... They are comfortable and are playing above themselves every night, if any of those other teams we brought to omaha had this bunches heart, we'd have multiple rings...

Last edited:
Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Faedo is going to get a multi-million dollar signing bonus when the CWS is over and O'Sullivan is not going to risk the kid's future by pitching him without ample rest for his arm. Faedo just threw 100 or so pitches Saturday night and the MOST Sully will use him, IMO, would be a couple innings of relief on Wednesday night. Tonight for us will be like last night for LSU. Start a good pitcher who hasn't thrown a whole lot this year and see how far he can go. And then mix and match the bullpen to try to hold LSU down in hopes the offense can score enough runs to win. If needed, Kowar will start tomorrow and Byrne will be given extended innings if needed.

I understand this but lets look at Carolina Coastal who used their pitcher how many times in the CWS, consecutively? ESPN just stated Dyson will be starting tonight so I hope and pray he is on his A-Game!!!!! If it will be long night for LSU if not then there will be a game 3....

Go Gators...

I had a feeling they would be hitting LSU's pitching tonight well because after watching them in the regular season I knew they have Jared Poche's number. Once you get that number you don't lose it. Jared may be the best LSU has but not against Florida...

Leaving too many on base at this point.

3 innings in the books and we've left 5 in scoring position.

Tough to have the bases loaded and get into a 3-0 count and can't convert a run.

Does anyone know what happened to Keenan Bell? He played a lot the first 2/3 of the season and hasn't been in a game in the NCAA tournament. Is he hurt?

How can anybody question the guts and coaching ability of Kevin O'Sullivan? His players love him. Baseball is a game of breaks, opportunities and willpower. This Gator team was not as talented as any in the past who made it to Omaha. But they had the IT factor that those others teams lacked. Congrats to Coach O, this team of special players and to Gator fans everywhere!!!!

How can anybody question the guts and coaching ability of Kevin O'Sullivan. His players love him. Baseball is a game of breaks, opportunities and willpower. This gator team was not nearly as talented as any in the past who made it to Omaha. But they had the IT factor that those others teams lacked. Congrats to Coah O, this team of special players and to Gator fans everywhere!!!!

Sully was already the best coach in the country. Now it's not close. He managed a ballsy, aggressive, brilliant game 2, throwing the kitchen sink at those guys even when it was a one-run game. They had a great batting approach, driving fastballs up the middle, taking base hits and just keeping pressure on all game. Everybody chipped in for this National Championship. Everybody had a big hit or a big defensive play. JJ's play to cut the guy down at home reminded me of USC's back to back plays against us to keep runs out with the bases loaded. That was an all-time team, because of the way they competed, and this team was just as tough. I'm really happy for those kids, and of course for Sully.

Sully = Spurrier = Billy D.

Sully was already the best coach in the country. Now it's not close. He managed a ballsy, aggressive, brilliant game 2, throwing the kitchen sink at those guys even when it was a one-run game. They had a great batting approach, driving fastballs up the middle, taking base hits and just keeping pressure on all game. Everybody chipped in for this National Championship. Everybody had a big hit or a big defensive play. JJ's play to cut the guy down at home reminded me of USC's back to back plays against us to keep runs out with the bases loaded. That was an all-time team, because of the way they competed, and this team was just as tough. I'm really happy for those kids, and of course for Sully.

Meanwhile, LSU kept swinging large. Huge mistake, it wasn't going out of the park tonight.

yep.. took 6 years to get over that infamous moment, then to happen to help us win one like that.. Poetic

And to all you knuckleheads on here. I thought about all you and the million other Gator fans that weren't there last night as I was standing on the infield holding the trophy taking selfies.
Since there was only about 200 Gator fans there we all got full accesss

And to all you knuckleheads on here. I thought about all you and the million other Gator fans that weren't there last night as I was standing on the infield holding the trophy taking selfies.
Since there was only about 200 Gator fans there we all got full accesss

Be honest, which of the beach balls that went onto the field was yours?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT