ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series thread

So we get two more days off, even if we decided to pitch Faedo to close out whatever team we already trounced in the first game he would already at the minimum have 4 days off...5 days minimum if we lost the first game of the rematch from losers bracket... If we won without him the first game he would have a whole week off

We are in the driver seat boys, they are finally playing comfortable in Omaha and the bats have finally not gone dead in the CWS.. We have a legit shot this time, hope they get more confident and rest up and keep it up.. This could get pretty exciting for us in the next week..

I think O'Sullivan sticks to form and starts Kowar Friday. It's important to win that game so we have Faedo & Singer ready to go Monday & Tuesday in the championship series. If we lose Friday, then Faedo will have to pitch Saturday.

I think O'Sullivan sticks to form and starts Kowar Friday. It's important to win that game so we have Faedo & Singer ready to go Monday & Tuesday in the championship series. If we lose Friday, then Faedo will have to pitch Saturday.

Kowar gave up runs early in his last start, but he ended up giving them good innings and a competitive start and was pretty much dominant after the first inning. Hopefully between him and this all of a sudden lights out bullpen, we can get this sucker in the barn..

Hopefully between him and this all of a sudden lights out bullpen, we can get this sucker in the barn..

The bull pen has been doing well for weeks already, and improving across the season as was expected by those with a working brain.

And your we, will quickly turn into THEY if all doesn't go well in the next game or two... (bandwagon turd fosho) o_O

Last edited:
Where is igloo and the other FSU fans?

The shits don't want anything to do with this thread.
This is funny because half of your posts are complaints about how FSU fans are ruining your board.

Anyway, FSU has had a great season which didn't look like the case a month or so ago. One of 6 final teams left.

LSU up 5-0 over FSU in the 2nd inning. With Poche' pitching it's going to be a stiff climb for the Noles.

I can't stand some of the players on LSU, esp. Kramer Roertson or whatever his name is. They are the luckiest team I have ever seen. Having said that, I hope they knock out FSU

So i have a question. I saw fsu was in college world series but then i saw the gators were....but they r not playin each other? The fck isgoing on? Is there really more than 2 teams in the "world series", wouldnt that make it not the world series?

I can't stand some of the players on LSU, esp. Kramer Roertson or whatever his name is. They are the luckiest team I have ever seen. Having said that, I hope they knock out FSU
They did. I hope they take OSU to two game and both of them are multiple innings

I'm not a fan of LSU baseball either. And why do they keep showing Robertson's Mom? Who cares that she's the BB coach at Baylor? One thing that has impressed me about LSU is that they have 4 seniors who were drafted last year and all decided to come back for a run at the national championship. When have 4 Gator baseball juniors ever done that? Just think about Faedo, Guthrie, Rivera, Kolo & Schwartz all coming back for their senior years?

"What can I do for ya, sir?"

Wait...is that the line you use in your new job?

redeye-chicago-club-scene-washroom-attendant-20150528

It's Gators vs. TCU Friday night. TCU beat Louisville 4-3. Both teams are really good, but TCU has a deeper pitching staff than Louisville. Luoisville's offense scares you more, as TCU's hitting is comparable to Florida's. Kowar needs to be sharp.

We are playing the team i'd rather play again... and I want to play Oregon State in the Final too..

The SEC has 50% of the Final Four teams in the 2017 CWS, (UF - LSU)

The Gators have hit 11 of the 62 all-time CWS home runs (17 percent) hit since the event moved to TD Ameritrade Park in 2011. :eek:

The 48-18 Gators (reg-season) were 21-6 vs 27 Top 25 Ranked Teams.
The 49-17 Ho-Frogs (reg-season) were 14-3 vs 17 Top 25 Ranked Teams.

GGGOOOooooooooooooooooGATORS! :cool:

I like TCU. They are very similar to the Gators. great pitching and defense, gutty team that scratches for runs. I, too, want to play Oregon St. in the finals. To be the best you've got to beat the best (Ric Flair) Wooooooooooooo!!

It's Gators vs. TCU Friday night. TCU beat Louisville 4-3. Both teams are really good, but TCU has a deeper pitching staff than Louisville. Luoisville's offense scares you more, as TCU's hitting is comparable to Florida's. Kowar needs to be sharp.
The announcers last night said ULs pitching staff was deeper than TCU. I am no expert on either team. We won't see their ace tonight. Though

Agree with your other points

12-0 Jackson Kowar tonight, then Faedo and/or Singer if they need to play on Saturday.
I'm really hoping that Jackson can put the Ho-frogs away tonight....

His ERA is not quite as good as the other 2's are, but the Gator bats seem to work well for him when he pitches. Tonight they need the stiff bats to show up, not the limp-sticks... ;)

The announcers last night said ULs pitching staff was deeper than TCU. I am no expert on either team. We won't see their ace tonight. Though

Agree with your other points
If Kyle Peterson said that about Louisville's pitching I would believe him. I think he's knowledgeable and very good. Any of the other guys, I'd be skeptical. Doesn't really matter, though, we've got to beat who's in front of us and tonight it's TCU. LSU won this afternoon 3-1, so they and Oregon St. have to stretch out their pitching.

as soon as that ball didn't leave the yard last inning i figured we were done and they always give it right back the next inning, and it of course happened with two outs... These slow outfielders have cost the game already with three shit shows out there with TWO outs and no excuse for that in this huge outfield that already helps out pitching... Way too slow and uncoordinated out there and all with two outs.. Better hope Faedo is lights out again because this offense can't keep up what they did the first two games...

There's no way we have a hitting coach, these kids are the worst disciplined at the plate iv'e seen at a level this high... Who is it? Kid just swung at two more balls would have been 2-0 and got a hitters count or walked in the run to cut the deficit to 1 at worst if these kids have any discipline or patience in the box..

And the outfielders i just can't get over that shit out there they have pulled.. Two outs in that huge outfield that already gives the pitchers every advantage in the world and ours are letting balls land in the park right in front of them with no chance to make a play, inexcusable... And that last one to Center was just pathetic by that kid, they are all to slow... I knew it was a matter of time we can't rely on gems from pitchers but he has at least 10 strikeouts and these kids can't catch fly balls with two outs playing too shallow to give up all their runs with two away... We have still relied on long balls to score all our runs, then the fundamentals kick in for our baserunning with terrible coaching at 3rd and not a single kid in the lineup can even come close to laying a bunt down, and the time they finally did they threw out our lead runner at third...

This is the point where the bad coaching and managing has shown up every year in omaha, be 0% surprised if we lose tomorrow night and be done going from the past too.. The lineup isn't near good enough to win on this stage, and if we played LSU even if we won tomorrow, we'd get south carolina'd by the refs like the elite 8 and Finals getting swept in 2011.... Any staff should have won at least once with this programs talent and pitching and they haven't even done it once, you should have at least one by luck like Calipari... Every time we play other SEC teams on the national stage we lose, if we win we better pray it's OSU so we are the underdogs before we get ref'd/umpired like we always have in the past...

Sully knew this lineup was done an hour ago and threw guys that never pitch and never will again when it matters, kid walks the bases loaded and shits himself, then throws two more rookie of the year pre broken arm pitches that can't get to the plate then leaves the game, kid is mlb ready and the next guy, walk everyone then throw meatballs for jacks in the gap to stretch the deficit further.. That's what all MLB pitchers get paid to do for a living and steal currency for

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT