ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series thread

I actually want UF to win it all so I can watch MSU#'s complain about how UF underperformed with an inferior coach and kids who sh*t themselves and will never pitch again.

Reactions: dakid_0812
I actually want UF to win it all so I can watch MSU#'s complain about how UF underperformed with an inferior coach and kids who sh*t themselves and will never pitch again.

the managing has been bad yearly and that's why they have still yet to win with more talent, everyone knows it.. God forbid it's me that points it out, when everyone else says the same thing you don't care..

you know how you don't take the hardware once when you are in omaha more times than everyone else with better pitching and overall roster talent with draft picks? It's an easy obvious answer

Wow - Numbers you whine about everything. Your never happy or complimentary of anything or about anything.

You complain about the softball team, the baseball team and the basketball team and they all had excellent seasons this past year.

what were my posts like during and after the game a few days ago? or did those just not post, or get ignored?

tell me what positive there was to say about this game tonight

There is nothing worse in sport than a baseball blowout. sadgator would rather watch competitive eating.

This sport desperately needs defensive scoring. If you got like a point for a double play or strike out, that would totally keep it interesting.

and they have been 3 games away from winning it a few times, but games like tomorrow facing elimination backs against the wall, how many has sully won since he's been here?

Wow - Numbers you whine about everything. Your never happy or complimentary of anything or about anything.

You complain about the softball team, the baseball team and the basketball team and they all had excellent seasons this past year.

The weed....

You can't win every game you play. It's impossible. Even the best coaches and the best players in the world lose a game.

Sports are supposed to be fun and entertainment. UF has had one of the top 5 athletic programs in the country for about 20 years now.

given that i expected them to lose tonight, the way they did it were pointed out... the same things that get them beat each year showed up in every way tonight, if it happens that way anywhere near the same, you get the same results..

it isn;t like football or our basketball teams because we dont have talent like everyone else now and that's why we lose and don't compete for titles... In baseball we do and sully has many faults, plenty of guys could win and do the minimum he does each year, but theres a reason he hasn't finished it off with all the trips there, and they have been pointed out by thousands of people not just me...

and lol at the "melt downs" my expectations for baseball with Sully winning the thing left the window many years ago.. Especially the kent state choke

Gators got outplayed and beat tonight - plain & simple. When our starting pitcher can't go 6-7 innings we're in trouble. Our bullpen is very thin. But we're in the Final 4 for the national title and will have our ace on the mound tomorrow against their ace. Let's see how it turns out. But whatever happens, to me this has been Sully's best coaching job getting this team to this point.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
playing a team going on their 4th day in a row? Should be able to get it done with our ace having exactly a full week off to throw now... but the bats looked terrible

and they have been 3 games away from winning it a few times, but games like tomorrow facing elimination backs against the wall, how many has sully won since he's been here?
As many as barbecue f$u...

Go Canes!

Sure we have our ace going today. But so does TCU. Both teams have faced the opposing pitcher, so I expect a few more runs to be scored than in the 1st meeting 6 days ago. One thing people have to remember is that in college baseball a coach only has 11.7 scholarships to work with. O'Sullivan has always put an emphasis on pitching and defense and in doing so has sacrificed some with hitting. With so few scholarships to spread among 27 or so guys, you can't get everything you want. Past Gator teams under Sully have had starting pitching as good as this years, better middle relief and better hitting. There is no question that experienced players like Schwartz, Liput, Guthrie, India and Rivera have not hit the way they did in years past. Is that O'Sullivan's fault? Injuries have contributed to it and continue to do so. Another thing to consider is that we're missing a big time centerfielder and that's hurt us several times this year. Buddy Reed catches that ball that went over Horvath's head last night, IMO. But with the holes and deficiencies on this year's team that we've all pointed out, some more "persistently" than others, we're still in the Final 4 for the National Championship. I just don't think there are many (or any, maybe) better college baseball coaches out there than the one we've got.

Reactions: bradleygator
Numbers' posts are usually a little too apocalyptic, but accurate as far as what's going on in the game.

Yesterday, have to give credit to TCU first of all. They hit some tough pitches hard. They made the great defensive plays when they had to (that charging one handed catch and throw by their 3B), and we didn't (ball going off Horvath's glove, Langworthy misplaying the ball off the wall and India's bad play going for the double play instead of home).

I though bringing in Milchin was a give up move. But maybe Sully didn't like the way we were swinging the bats and just wanted to save our bullpen.

We really miss Maldonado. Without him, if JJ's not going to hit, Faedo's just going to have to dominate, which he can do. We can't have mistakes on defense though.

Both UF and Oregon State are laying fairly large on the moneyline as far as favorites in college baseball at this juncture, OSU is -145 and total is 8, we are -150 and 8.5..

The only thing is we haven't faired well in the past in elimination games, especially in omaha.. Actually when was the last game we won there facing elimination? The time we got to the final I don't remember us losing a game until both in the Final..

Numbers' posts are usually a little too apocalyptic, but accurate as far as what's going on in the game.

Yesterday, have to give credit to TCU first of all. They hit some tough pitches hard. They made the great defensive plays when they had to (that charging one handed catch and throw by their 3B), and we didn't (ball going off Horvath's glove, Langworthy misplaying the ball off the wall and India's bad play going for the double play instead of home).

I though bringing in Milchin was a give up move. But maybe Sully didn't like the way we were swinging the bats and just wanted to save our bullpen.

We really miss Maldonado. Without him, if JJ's not going to hit, Faedo's just going to have to dominate, which he can do. We can't have mistakes on defense though.

when sully brought in that kid iv'e never seen before, I could see the blowout coming soon.. Pen pitchers all have meltdowns the same, walk the bases juiced with a pass ball or hit sandwiched in between, walk a run in then start trying to aim to throw strikes with meat pitches then get launched on in the gap just like he did with two outs.. Seen the same thing hundreds of times over the years of watching baseball everyday in the MLB for two decades...

Sure we have our ace going today. But so does TCU. Both teams have faced the opposing pitcher, so I expect a few more runs to be scored than in the 1st meeting 6 days ago. One thing people have to remember is that in college baseball a coach only has 11.7 scholarships to work with. O'Sullivan has always put an emphasis on pitching and defense and in doing so has sacrificed some with hitting. With so few scholarships to spread among 27 or so guys, you can't get everything you want. Past Gator teams under Sully have had starting pitching as good as this years, better middle relief and better hitting. There is no question that experienced players like Schwartz, Liput, Guthrie, India and Rivera have not hit the way they did in years past. Is that O'Sullivan's fault? Injuries have contributed to it and continue to do so. Another thing to consider is that we're missing a big time centerfielder and that's hurt us several times this year. Buddy Reed catches that ball that went over Horvath's head last night, IMO. But with the holes and deficiencies on this year's team that we've all pointed out, some more "persistently" than others, we're still in the Final 4 for the National Championship. I just don't think there are many (or any, maybe) better college baseball coaches out there than the one we've got.

We really could have used Vasquez and Reyes in the outfield this year. Reyes was our best hitter in the regionals last year, and Vasquez hit like .400 for Nova Southeast this year along with 15 hrs. Not sure what happened with those guys, but we could have used their bats for sure.

Reactions: aecho
I'll continue to enjoy the sweet yummy cake, even if it never gets any incing on top... o_O

Because just like life, it's the journey, NOT the destination.... :cool:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I'll continue to enjoy the sweet yummy cake, even if it never gets any incing on top... o_O

Because just like life, it's the journey, NOT the destination.... :cool:

our fans are becoming settlers like this in football, shows how bad it's been... but in baseball with our talent level we should expect at least one after all this time, and it's not asking too much out of the highest paid coach in the business.. Our fan support is bad, the facilities are just now getting going.. We pay our coach the most, have the best pitching and most talent most years and haven't had a ring to show for it.. Call it what you want, but we should expect to win at least one of these damn things once in Omaha.. and I realize baseball is baseball as much as anyone, but the talent gap between the top teams is much more than the others and that's why you see all the big time pre season favorites in the Final Four teams right now, the pre season favorite TCU, the other LSU, a 5 loss "best record ever" oregon state team and we couldn't have been far down the list for pre season, just not as high as usual probably because of the draft.. but as usual, if the bats look more like yesterday than the other games, and if they can't do the simple things you have to do in this sport to manufacture runs by laying down bunts and advancing runners, fly balls in the outfield to tag runners over or to score instead of swinging strikeouts on dirt balls/a million infield pop fly outs, you are going to lose tight games.. And we haven't won them here in the past, but this year they have won more close games than ever throughout the season, they are gonna have to find a way to do that starting today or the season will end bittersweet again..

Watching an analysis of the game this morning on SEC TV. Kowar pitched fine. But his misses were up in the zone and the TCU batters were able to take advantage.

Glad Faedo is pitching tonight. In a do or die game, you go with your best.

the pitching was just fine, he struck out ten guys by like the 5th or 6th for christs sake, the game was lost by the outfielders, multiple times.. The ball langworthy just watched drop less than a foot from him like it had puke on it, he could have reached over or dove, something, and then the botch in center field was the game clincher for sure.. Both cases can't happen in a big outfield that helps your pitchers, at the very least one of them should have been an out and the game would have played out entirely different and we would have put in different pitching in the latter innings in a tight game, and we should have been up 3-2 before any of that anyway or at the worst after that inning and the drop in center down by one run only...

like bradley and I said, in these last tight games, the defense is gonna have to be the ones that don't make mistakes and play fundamental to win.. They have said it many times throughout the CWS, the team that makes the least errors in the field and the least amount of walks like the leadoff hitter we kept doing last night, comes around and scores and those teams have gotten beat and bounced.. Means even more in these last 4-5 games tonight and next week...

Forgot about the terrible play by the third base coach, costing us a run and an out. I would have sent Larson to take the lead there, but if you're going to hold him up, he has to know it before he reaches third. TCU sent that kid all the way on the ball over Langworthy's head, and put the pressure on us to make the perfect play.

I'm hoping having Faedo out there calms us down, and we can just play ball. Their pitcher is a beast as well. Should be a great matchup. We have three or four innings of Byrne too, so we have a full clip to empty on these fools.

but in reality i'd trust their bats or most teams against good pitching than ours that swing at bad pitches and then watch the strikes go right by them for strikeouts far too often.. They get retired multiple innings a game in mere minutes easier than anyone.. Whoever our hitting coach is has to be replaced, iv'e talked to tampa about this multiple times throughout the post season about how bad they are up there swinging at terrible pitches with zero discipline and how none of them lay down a bunt when it's needed either...

our fans are becoming settlers like this.

Loser moron's like this, that have never won chit of any real value in their entire lives, are an ugly smear on what it means to be a Gator fan, imo of course. o_O

You call it like YOU WANT, while I'll just call you on what is... :cool:

Reactions: fsu939913
What do you know what iv'e won? you are reaching on personal attacks again because someone doesn't agree with you.. Im wearing a ring on my finger right now, this second from Bama

Darn, I guess that the scrubs and the water boyz still do well when the red-tide comes in... :confused:

BTW, how do you respond when someone KNOWS that what you're spewing out is puke, and not your usual wizz-dumb? :cool:

Darn, I guess that the scrubs and the water boyz still do well when the red-tide comes in... :confused:

BTW, how do you respond when someone KNOWS that what you're spewing out is puke, and not your usual wizz-dumb? :cool:

You just can't help yourself.

It's embarrassing.

Such a bitter man.

oops

yo insta, please play close attention to the middle one...

"water boyz" don't get these

DDHB6DGXYAIFW3D.jpg

Reactions: sadgator
So MSU#s...You knew UF would lose early on last night. What does your gut say for tonight considering the team can't field, hit, lay down bunts and avoids catching balls with puke on them.

Reactions: instaGATOR

oops

yo insta, please play close attention to the middle one...
"water boyz" don't get these

Aahh, but I see that you avoided trying to claim that a S/T scrub like you didn't get one. o_O (kinda like finally getting a pity-ph from the drunk, ugly cheerleader alternate I guess) :cool:

And how can we be sure that you didn't buy that off ebay, since it doesn't even fit your normal ring finger? Plus that looks like a pussy-boyz hand to me, all soft and skinny....

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT